West Yellowstone murder verdict/sentence

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

West Yellowstone murder verdict/sentence

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:11 am

https://billingsgazette.com/news/state- ... d8992.html

This is so disturbing. Is this a fair sentence? Seems very light, but I know I don’t know all the circumstances.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: West Yellowstone murder verdict/sentence

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:09 pm

So sad. I just know enough of the details to really judge of the sentence was appropriate. I can only hope that the officials overseeing the case are doing the right thing.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:14 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:11 am
https://billingsgazette.com/news/state- ... d8992.html

This is so disturbing. Is this a fair sentence? Seems very light, but I know I don’t know all the circumstances.
Wow, pretty sick. Sounds to me that he may have gotten off easy. Looks like some of the adults involved may hopefully not be so lucky.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:15 pm

This case is so disturbing on so many levels. Like others, I'm not sure about how much the 15 year old should be held accountable... he's probably been tortured his entire life as well. For any of the adults that were involved though, every one of them needs to spend the rest of their lives in Deer Lodge where hopefully other inmates will torture them daily for the rest of their lives.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:47 pm

I think the fork in the road here is when he was tried as a juvenile, not an adult. The juvenile sentence cannot extend past his 18th birthday when he’d have to be transferred. So I think the judge did what he could with a juvenile. This is one of the saddest cases I remember in Gallatin Co. If anyone else could have given him a home when he needed...