October storm

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14456
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

October storm

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 am

Wow!! Delivered newspapers at 3:45 on upper west side Helena this morning. Took two hours. Usually just 1:15. Looks like 18”. Awesome! Started shoveling out driveway when I got home, but said screw that! Watching College Gameday instead.

Interested in hearing what other towns got.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4739
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: October storm

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:29 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 am
Wow!! Delivered newspapers at 3:45 on upper west side Helena this morning. Took two hours. Usually just 1:15. Looks like 18”. Awesome! Started shoveling out driveway when I got home, but said screw that! Watching College Gameday instead.

Interested in hearing what other towns got.
Now that is a goodly amount of snow. Guessing the roads must be a mess.

We ended up getting hammered, for this area, with maybe 7-8 inches. They are not very used to that much snow here, especially early in the season. We have a Maple in front of the house that split out but all the other trees, shrubs and the greenhouse look like they survived...

I hear the moguls calling your name...



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14456
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: October storm

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:54 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:29 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 am
Wow!! Delivered newspapers at 3:45 on upper west side Helena this morning. Took two hours. Usually just 1:15. Looks like 18”. Awesome! Started shoveling out driveway when I got home, but said screw that! Watching College Gameday instead.

Interested in hearing what other towns got.
Now that is a goodly amount of snow. Guessing the roads must be a mess.

We ended up getting hammered, for this area, with maybe 7-8 inches. They are not very used to that much snow here, especially early in the season. We have a Maple in front of the house that split out but all the other trees, shrubs and the greenhouse look like they survived...

I hear the moguls calling your name...
Roads are a big mess indeed. Haha, the moguls will have to wait a little while. LOTS of shoveling and snowblowing to do.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10367
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: October storm

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:06 pm

I think we were supposed to host ISU today.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4739
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: October storm

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:06 pm
I think we were supposed to host ISU today.
It was a shame to waste such choice football weather...



seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:49 pm

Re: October storm

Post by seacat85 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:49 am

Anyone know what they got in the Ekalaka area? Former coworker from the Seattle area is supposed to be in that area hunting deer and antelope.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4739
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: October storm

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:07 pm

seacat85 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:49 am
Anyone know what they got in the Ekalaka area? Former coworker from the Seattle area is supposed to be in that area hunting deer and antelope.
Whatever dropped there probably blew into the Dakotas...



seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:49 pm

Re: October storm

Post by seacat85 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:40 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:07 pm
seacat85 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:49 am
Anyone know what they got in the Ekalaka area? Former coworker from the Seattle area is supposed to be in that area hunting deer and antelope.
Whatever dropped there probably blew into the Dakotas...
Found a webcam that was supposedly near Ekalaka and it didn't appear there was much snow. Guy posted a picture on FB and it looked like there was much more snow. He said it was cold and he had on almost all the layers (4 bottom layers and 6 on top) that he'd brought with him.



Post Reply