Some follow up on South Dakota AG crash

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Some follow up on South Dakota AG crash

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:49 pm

About a month ago there was some discussion here about the AG crash in South Dakota. It must have been under some other topic because I couldn't find it.
A friend of mine from that neck of the woods sent me some new info on it so I thought I'd share it for those interested here.
https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/ ... 977606002/

I remain quite certain that he knew pretty well that it wasn't a deer he had hit. They haven't finished and released the final reports but from the couple pictures I've seen of the car most likely the man hit and killed died instantly. It remains a bad and sad accident for everyone involved.

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Some follow up on South Dakota AG crash

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm

I was reading this today. After toxicology reports came back negative, I guess my question would be if he didn’t have anything in his system, what did he have to hide?

I agree it seems crazy to me to think I could run over a person and not know it’s a person. But if I’m understanding right he called authorities correct? And wasn’t under the influence?

Such a weird, sad deal.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:03 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm
I was reading this today. After toxicology reports came back negative, I guess my question would be if he didn’t have anything in his system, what did he have to hide?

I agree it seems crazy to me to think I could run over a person and not know it’s a person. But if I’m understanding right he called authorities correct? And wasn’t under the influence?

Such a weird, sad deal.
Yes, very strange.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 am

ilovethecats wrote:

Such a weird, sad deal.
The blood test for drug and alcohol was taken about 15 hours after the accident. That's a long time.
From the pictures of his car it would appear that he didn't run over anything but rather the object he hit (which turned out to be a man) went up into the front windshield. It sounds like at least 3 separate expert crash investigator teams are studying the case. It will be interesting to see how their analysis match up.

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:41 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 am
ilovethecats wrote:

Such a weird, sad deal.
The blood test for drug and alcohol was taken about 15 hours after the accident. That's a long time.
From the pictures of his car it would appear that he didn't run over anything but rather the object he hit (which turned out to be a man) went up into the front windshield. It sounds like at least 3 separate expert crash investigator teams are studying the case. It will be interesting to see how their analysis match up.
Ah yes. I forgot that the test was so long after the accident. That in and of itself is fishy to me. The investigations are going to be interesting.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:14 am

This story takes another step forward as the investigation continues.
https://billingsgazette.com/news/state- ... bdec1.html
This one has a picture of the car.
https://gephardtdaily.com/national-inte ... edestrian/