VOTE!

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14772
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:09 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:26 pm


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2689
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: VOTE!

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:41 am

Not that this should at all be surprising with Trump, but it is surprising that the GOP is willfully looking the other way yet again. Disgusting.

Trump personally asked Pa. GOP House Speaker for help changing election results

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... g-election



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2689
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: VOTE!

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:47 am

I have no words. Trump really screwed this country up!
Notably, the TX Solicitor General who represents the state at SCOTUS did NOT sign on to the lawsuit.


https://cbnc.com/texas-sues-georgia-mic ... ion-rules/



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:41 am
Not that this should at all be surprising with Trump, but it is surprising that the GOP is willfully looking the other way yet again. Disgusting.

Trump personally asked Pa. GOP House Speaker for help changing election results

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... g-election
It's no longer surprising that the GOP is looking the other way. This is a time to lead, not cower. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the GOP. I see a big split coming if something doesn't happen soon.

The GOP is not a party that does well without everyone being on the same page, which is the nature of a party that wants to maintain the status quo. It's usually easy for them to get along, but with Trump there's a twist. The Dems, by nature, are at each other almost all the time, because when you seek change you're going to have differing opinions on how to get there. Some Dems are much more progressive than others.



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2689
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: VOTE!

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:44 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:41 am
Not that this should at all be surprising with Trump, but it is surprising that the GOP is willfully looking the other way yet again. Disgusting.

Trump personally asked Pa. GOP House Speaker for help changing election results

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... g-election
It's no longer surprising that the GOP is looking the other way. This is a time to lead, not cower. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the GOP. I see a big split coming if something doesn't happen soon.

The GOP is not a party that does well without everyone being on the same page, which is the nature of a party that wants to maintain the status quo. It's usually easy for them to get along, but with Trump there's a twist. The Dems, by nature, are at each other almost all the time, because when you seek change you're going to have differing opinions on how to get there. Some Dems are much more progressive than others.
My guess is that the GOP is just holding their breath until Trump is gone and forgotten. But in the meantime they are hurting our country and the question is how bad the damage will be.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6528
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:15 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:41 am
Not that this should at all be surprising with Trump, but it is surprising that the GOP is willfully looking the other way yet again. Disgusting.

Trump personally asked Pa. GOP House Speaker for help changing election results

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... g-election
It's no longer surprising that the GOP is looking the other way. This is a time to lead, not cower. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the GOP. I see a big split coming if something doesn't happen soon.

The GOP is not a party that does well without everyone being on the same page, which is the nature of a party that wants to maintain the status quo. It's usually easy for them to get along, but with Trump there's a twist. The Dems, by nature, are at each other almost all the time, because when you seek change you're going to have differing opinions on how to get there. Some Dems are much more progressive than others.
Well you might be onto something there, because no matter what anyone says about Trump you can't argue with the fact that he certainly didn't maintain the status quo. He completely changed things in D.C., Rocked the Boat, Upset the Balance, whatever you want to call it.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6528
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:10 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:15 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:12 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:06 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:01 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:52 pm
I know some don't like, don't trust The Federalist.. Well I feel the same about npr, cnn, msnbc, etc..

This is from Bongino. It has numbers, instances from just one location. Really don't care whether the numbers change dramatically, just want every LEGAL vote to be tallied. I want those involved to be punished harshly. We put up with over 4 years of go nowhere investigations. Giving this election due process should not be too much to ask, IN EVERY STATE INVOLVED.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/07/no ... ven-close/
NPR???? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, TRUMP LOST GEORGIA.
Another report shows 200,000 votes transferred from biden to Trump...

And Gov Noem's grandmother DID NOT die from the china virus. She did not test positive.
That's probably okay with Biden, since he won anyway. If that's true, then a lot more votes were transferred to Trump than Biden and therefore Trump should be happy he only lost by 7 million votes and be done with it, but he seems to want to lose this election over and over and over. Not sure why. I'm enjoying it. It's so much fun watching Trump and his cult make complete asses of themselves.
I just love the points you are making. Very convincing?????
It's your point, not mine. I didn't try to make a point. You said that Biden lost 200,000 votes to Trump. Is that not what you meant to say? I'm not saying that's true, but it's your point (admission) and I'm sure Biden voters like it.
So suitcases brought out after poll workers told to go home does not raise question.
One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many people voted in 2016 compared to 2020. Does anyone have those numbers handy?
About 137 million in 2016 and 158 million in 2020.
Wow. I know there was a disparity but I didn't know it was that big. That seems almost impossible.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9667
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: VOTE!

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:43 am

Weird? It's as if something was going on that more people voted early and by mail.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:10 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:15 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:12 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:06 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:01 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:52 pm
I know some don't like, don't trust The Federalist.. Well I feel the same about npr, cnn, msnbc, etc..

This is from Bongino. It has numbers, instances from just one location. Really don't care whether the numbers change dramatically, just want every LEGAL vote to be tallied. I want those involved to be punished harshly. We put up with over 4 years of go nowhere investigations. Giving this election due process should not be too much to ask, IN EVERY STATE INVOLVED.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/07/no ... ven-close/
NPR???? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, TRUMP LOST GEORGIA.
Another report shows 200,000 votes transferred from biden to Trump...

And Gov Noem's grandmother DID NOT die from the china virus. She did not test positive.
That's probably okay with Biden, since he won anyway. If that's true, then a lot more votes were transferred to Trump than Biden and therefore Trump should be happy he only lost by 7 million votes and be done with it, but he seems to want to lose this election over and over and over. Not sure why. I'm enjoying it. It's so much fun watching Trump and his cult make complete asses of themselves.
I just love the points you are making. Very convincing?????
It's your point, not mine. I didn't try to make a point. You said that Biden lost 200,000 votes to Trump. Is that not what you meant to say? I'm not saying that's true, but it's your point (admission) and I'm sure Biden voters like it.
So suitcases brought out after poll workers told to go home does not raise question.
One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many people voted in 2016 compared to 2020. Does anyone have those numbers handy?
About 137 million in 2016 and 158 million in 2020.
Wow. I know there was a disparity but I didn't know it was that big. That seems almost impossible.
Voter turnout was expected to be higher this year due to several factors: the biggest factor was that it was made easier to vote this year than in any previous year due to the pandemic and 100 million people voted before election day, which was nearly 75% of the total (137 million) from 2016. Clearly, another factor in more people voting was due to Trump being so polarizing. Population increased and the number of eligible voters increased, as usual, over four years ago, which is another less significant factor.

This isn't the first time a big jump has occurred. In 2004 (Bush over Kerry), the total increased by 20 million over the previous election. Bush only won by 2.4% in the popular vote compared to Biden winning by 4.5%. Bush only won the electoral college by 35, while Biden is up by 74. Kerry conceded the day after Election Day in 2004. Kerry only needed Ohio to swing back in his favor to win, but conceded that not enough provisional and absentee votes remained.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:31 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:15 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:41 am
Not that this should at all be surprising with Trump, but it is surprising that the GOP is willfully looking the other way yet again. Disgusting.

Trump personally asked Pa. GOP House Speaker for help changing election results

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... g-election
It's no longer surprising that the GOP is looking the other way. This is a time to lead, not cower. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the GOP. I see a big split coming if something doesn't happen soon.

The GOP is not a party that does well without everyone being on the same page, which is the nature of a party that wants to maintain the status quo. It's usually easy for them to get along, but with Trump there's a twist. The Dems, by nature, are at each other almost all the time, because when you seek change you're going to have differing opinions on how to get there. Some Dems are much more progressive than others.
Well you might be onto something there, because no matter what anyone says about Trump you can't argue with the fact that he certainly didn't maintain the status quo. He completely changed things in D.C., Rocked the Boat, Upset the Balance, whatever you want to call it.
Policy-wise Trump maintained the GOP status quo and wasn't that dissimilar to previous Republican presidents. Personality-wise he was much different and did upset/rock things in DC, but that only made DC worse.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:42 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:41 am
Not that this should at all be surprising with Trump, but it is surprising that the GOP is willfully looking the other way yet again. Disgusting.

Trump personally asked Pa. GOP House Speaker for help changing election results

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... g-election


Richard Painter is a former Bush staff attorney.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am
catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:10 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:15 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:12 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:06 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:01 pm


NPR???? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, TRUMP LOST GEORGIA.
Another report shows 200,000 votes transferred from biden to Trump...

And Gov Noem's grandmother DID NOT die from the china virus. She did not test positive.
That's probably okay with Biden, since he won anyway. If that's true, then a lot more votes were transferred to Trump than Biden and therefore Trump should be happy he only lost by 7 million votes and be done with it, but he seems to want to lose this election over and over and over. Not sure why. I'm enjoying it. It's so much fun watching Trump and his cult make complete asses of themselves.
I just love the points you are making. Very convincing?????
It's your point, not mine. I didn't try to make a point. You said that Biden lost 200,000 votes to Trump. Is that not what you meant to say? I'm not saying that's true, but it's your point (admission) and I'm sure Biden voters like it.
So suitcases brought out after poll workers told to go home does not raise question.
One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many people voted in 2016 compared to 2020. Does anyone have those numbers handy?
About 137 million in 2016 and 158 million in 2020.
Wow. I know there was a disparity but I didn't know it was that big. That seems almost impossible.
Voter turnout was expected to be higher this year due to several factors: the biggest factor was that it was made easier to vote this year than in any previous year due to the pandemic and 100 million people voted before election day, which was nearly 75% of the total (137 million) from 2016. Clearly, another factor in more people voting was due to Trump being so polarizing. Population increased and the number of eligible voters increased, as usual, over four years ago, which is another less significant factor.

This isn't the first time a big jump has occurred. In 2004 (Bush over Kerry), the total increased by 20 million over the previous election. Bush only won by 2.4% in the popular vote compared to Biden winning by 4.5%. Bush only won the electoral college by 35, while Biden is up by 74. Kerry conceded the day after Election Day in 2004. Kerry only needed Ohio to swing back in his favor to win, but conceded that not enough provisional and absentee votes remained.
Or maybe there were more votes this year because of all the unsolicited ballots with that were mailed out? Hmmm...



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am
catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:10 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:15 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:12 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:06 pm


Another report shows 200,000 votes transferred from biden to Trump...

And Gov Noem's grandmother DID NOT die from the china virus. She did not test positive.
That's probably okay with Biden, since he won anyway. If that's true, then a lot more votes were transferred to Trump than Biden and therefore Trump should be happy he only lost by 7 million votes and be done with it, but he seems to want to lose this election over and over and over. Not sure why. I'm enjoying it. It's so much fun watching Trump and his cult make complete asses of themselves.
I just love the points you are making. Very convincing?????
It's your point, not mine. I didn't try to make a point. You said that Biden lost 200,000 votes to Trump. Is that not what you meant to say? I'm not saying that's true, but it's your point (admission) and I'm sure Biden voters like it.
So suitcases brought out after poll workers told to go home does not raise question.
One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many people voted in 2016 compared to 2020. Does anyone have those numbers handy?
About 137 million in 2016 and 158 million in 2020.
Wow. I know there was a disparity but I didn't know it was that big. That seems almost impossible.
Voter turnout was expected to be higher this year due to several factors: the biggest factor was that it was made easier to vote this year than in any previous year due to the pandemic and 100 million people voted before election day, which was nearly 75% of the total (137 million) from 2016. Clearly, another factor in more people voting was due to Trump being so polarizing. Population increased and the number of eligible voters increased, as usual, over four years ago, which is another less significant factor.

This isn't the first time a big jump has occurred. In 2004 (Bush over Kerry), the total increased by 20 million over the previous election. Bush only won by 2.4% in the popular vote compared to Biden winning by 4.5%. Bush only won the electoral college by 35, while Biden is up by 74. Kerry conceded the day after Election Day in 2004. Kerry only needed Ohio to swing back in his favor to win, but conceded that not enough provisional and absentee votes remained.
Or maybe there were more votes this year because of all the unsolicited ballots with that were mailed out? Hmmm...
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN2622SZ

Ten states proactively sent out ballots automatically. 44.2 million of them. Only one (Nevada) of the ten states was a swing state. The state legislatures in each state approved that and each state implemented security measures for their process.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:44 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am
catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:10 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:15 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:12 pm


That's probably okay with Biden, since he won anyway. If that's true, then a lot more votes were transferred to Trump than Biden and therefore Trump should be happy he only lost by 7 million votes and be done with it, but he seems to want to lose this election over and over and over. Not sure why. I'm enjoying it. It's so much fun watching Trump and his cult make complete asses of themselves.
I just love the points you are making. Very convincing?????
It's your point, not mine. I didn't try to make a point. You said that Biden lost 200,000 votes to Trump. Is that not what you meant to say? I'm not saying that's true, but it's your point (admission) and I'm sure Biden voters like it.
So suitcases brought out after poll workers told to go home does not raise question.
One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many people voted in 2016 compared to 2020. Does anyone have those numbers handy?
About 137 million in 2016 and 158 million in 2020.
Wow. I know there was a disparity but I didn't know it was that big. That seems almost impossible.
Voter turnout was expected to be higher this year due to several factors: the biggest factor was that it was made easier to vote this year than in any previous year due to the pandemic and 100 million people voted before election day, which was nearly 75% of the total (137 million) from 2016. Clearly, another factor in more people voting was due to Trump being so polarizing. Population increased and the number of eligible voters increased, as usual, over four years ago, which is another less significant factor.

This isn't the first time a big jump has occurred. In 2004 (Bush over Kerry), the total increased by 20 million over the previous election. Bush only won by 2.4% in the popular vote compared to Biden winning by 4.5%. Bush only won the electoral college by 35, while Biden is up by 74. Kerry conceded the day after Election Day in 2004. Kerry only needed Ohio to swing back in his favor to win, but conceded that not enough provisional and absentee votes remained.
Or maybe there were more votes this year because of all the unsolicited ballots with that were mailed out? Hmmm...
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN2622SZ

Ten states proactively sent out ballots automatically. 44.2 million of them. Only one (Nevada) of the ten states was a swing state. The state legislatures in each state approved that and each state implemented security measures for their process.
In this thread, you were discussing the popular vote. I don’t think your counter of just one swing state has anything to do with the total popular vote.

Are you really so fixated on party lines that you can’t admit that sending out unsolicited votes by mail had an impact on more people voting?



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:06 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:44 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am
catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:10 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:15 pm


I just love the points you are making. Very convincing?????
It's your point, not mine. I didn't try to make a point. You said that Biden lost 200,000 votes to Trump. Is that not what you meant to say? I'm not saying that's true, but it's your point (admission) and I'm sure Biden voters like it.
So suitcases brought out after poll workers told to go home does not raise question.
One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many people voted in 2016 compared to 2020. Does anyone have those numbers handy?
About 137 million in 2016 and 158 million in 2020.
Wow. I know there was a disparity but I didn't know it was that big. That seems almost impossible.
Voter turnout was expected to be higher this year due to several factors: the biggest factor was that it was made easier to vote this year than in any previous year due to the pandemic and 100 million people voted before election day, which was nearly 75% of the total (137 million) from 2016. Clearly, another factor in more people voting was due to Trump being so polarizing. Population increased and the number of eligible voters increased, as usual, over four years ago, which is another less significant factor.

This isn't the first time a big jump has occurred. In 2004 (Bush over Kerry), the total increased by 20 million over the previous election. Bush only won by 2.4% in the popular vote compared to Biden winning by 4.5%. Bush only won the electoral college by 35, while Biden is up by 74. Kerry conceded the day after Election Day in 2004. Kerry only needed Ohio to swing back in his favor to win, but conceded that not enough provisional and absentee votes remained.
Or maybe there were more votes this year because of all the unsolicited ballots with that were mailed out? Hmmm...
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN2622SZ

Ten states proactively sent out ballots automatically. 44.2 million of them. Only one (Nevada) of the ten states was a swing state. The state legislatures in each state approved that and each state implemented security measures for their process.
In this thread, you were discussing the popular vote. I don’t think your counter of just one swing state has anything to do with the total popular vote.

Are you really so fixated on party lines that you can’t admit that sending out unsolicited votes by mail had an impact on more people voting?
OK, I take back mentioning swing states, geeeeez, sorrrry. Wow, I had no idea that mentioning swing states would trigger you!!! It seemed like a pretty inoccuous thing to mention. LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

No I'm not fixated on party at all. Please point out where I said proactively sending out ballots (not votes) automatically didn't impact more people voting. I won't hold my breath, because you won't be able to do that.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5070
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: VOTE!

Post by RickRund » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:44 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:06 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:44 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am
catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:10 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm

It's your point, not mine. I didn't try to make a point. You said that Biden lost 200,000 votes to Trump. Is that not what you meant to say? I'm not saying that's true, but it's your point (admission) and I'm sure Biden voters like it.
So suitcases brought out after poll workers told to go home does not raise question.
One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many people voted in 2016 compared to 2020. Does anyone have those numbers handy?
About 137 million in 2016 and 158 million in 2020.
Wow. I know there was a disparity but I didn't know it was that big. That seems almost impossible.
Voter turnout was expected to be higher this year due to several factors: the biggest factor was that it was made easier to vote this year than in any previous year due to the pandemic and 100 million people voted before election day, which was nearly 75% of the total (137 million) from 2016. Clearly, another factor in more people voting was due to Trump being so polarizing. Population increased and the number of eligible voters increased, as usual, over four years ago, which is another less significant factor.

This isn't the first time a big jump has occurred. In 2004 (Bush over Kerry), the total increased by 20 million over the previous election. Bush only won by 2.4% in the popular vote compared to Biden winning by 4.5%. Bush only won the electoral college by 35, while Biden is up by 74. Kerry conceded the day after Election Day in 2004. Kerry only needed Ohio to swing back in his favor to win, but conceded that not enough provisional and absentee votes remained.
Or maybe there were more votes this year because of all the unsolicited ballots with that were mailed out? Hmmm...
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN2622SZ

Ten states proactively sent out ballots automatically. 44.2 million of them. Only one (Nevada) of the ten states was a swing state. The state legislatures in each state approved that and each state implemented security measures for their process.
In this thread, you were discussing the popular vote. I don’t think your counter of just one swing state has anything to do with the total popular vote.

Are you really so fixated on party lines that you can’t admit that sending out unsolicited votes by mail had an impact on more people voting?
OK, I take back mentioning swing states, geeeeez, sorrrry. Wow, I had no idea that mentioning swing states would trigger you!!! It seemed like a pretty inoccuous thing to mention. LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

No I'm not fixated on party at all. Please point out where I said proactively sending out ballots (not votes) automatically didn't impact more people voting. I won't hold my breath, because you won't be able to do that.
Ok iaafan, carefully step away from the ledge...



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:59 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:06 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:44 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am
catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:10 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm

It's your point, not mine. I didn't try to make a point. You said that Biden lost 200,000 votes to Trump. Is that not what you meant to say? I'm not saying that's true, but it's your point (admission) and I'm sure Biden voters like it.
So suitcases brought out after poll workers told to go home does not raise question.
One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many people voted in 2016 compared to 2020. Does anyone have those numbers handy?
About 137 million in 2016 and 158 million in 2020.
Wow. I know there was a disparity but I didn't know it was that big. That seems almost impossible.
Voter turnout was expected to be higher this year due to several factors: the biggest factor was that it was made easier to vote this year than in any previous year due to the pandemic and 100 million people voted before election day, which was nearly 75% of the total (137 million) from 2016. Clearly, another factor in more people voting was due to Trump being so polarizing. Population increased and the number of eligible voters increased, as usual, over four years ago, which is another less significant factor.

This isn't the first time a big jump has occurred. In 2004 (Bush over Kerry), the total increased by 20 million over the previous election. Bush only won by 2.4% in the popular vote compared to Biden winning by 4.5%. Bush only won the electoral college by 35, while Biden is up by 74. Kerry conceded the day after Election Day in 2004. Kerry only needed Ohio to swing back in his favor to win, but conceded that not enough provisional and absentee votes remained.
Or maybe there were more votes this year because of all the unsolicited ballots with that were mailed out? Hmmm...
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN2622SZ

Ten states proactively sent out ballots automatically. 44.2 million of them. Only one (Nevada) of the ten states was a swing state. The state legislatures in each state approved that and each state implemented security measures for their process.
In this thread, you were discussing the popular vote. I don’t think your counter of just one swing state has anything to do with the total popular vote.

Are you really so fixated on party lines that you can’t admit that sending out unsolicited votes by mail had an impact on more people voting?
OK, I take back mentioning swing states, geeeeez, sorrrry. Wow, I had no idea that mentioning swing states would trigger you!!! It seemed like a pretty inoccuous thing to mention. LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

No I'm not fixated on party at all. Please point out where I said proactively sending out ballots (not votes) automatically didn't impact more people voting. I won't hold my breath, because you won't be able to do that.
Seriously? The thread was about how many more votes were cast this year than past years. You throw out two theories and I suggested that just MAYBE unsolicited mail votes had something to do with the increased totals. You respond with some unrelated explanation regarding not being in swing states. I pointed out that your point is not relevant and somehow that means that I was triggered? Maybe we can discuss your whining about commenting on your posts... Your reactions are the definition of being triggered.

And when have you made any statement that is not party centric? My gosh, everything you post is Democrat speaking point and usually translates into an attack on the Republican Party. In this thread, you attributed the high voter turnout to Trump being so polarizing. Did you ever think that maybe a huge number of people votes because the liberal policies being touted by Democrats is so polarizing?



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14772
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:16 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am
This isn't the first time a big jump has occurred. In 2004 (Bush over Kerry), the total increased by 20 million over the previous election. Bush only won by 2.4% in the popular vote compared to Biden winning by 4.5%. Bush only won the electoral college by 35, while Biden is up by 74. Kerry conceded the day after Election Day in 2004. Kerry only needed Ohio to swing back in his favor to win, but conceded that not enough provisional and absentee votes remained.
That’s a good comparison/contrast. I think the mainstream media is ignoring this. Trump is great for ratings and information like this could put this thing to rest and that’s not what they want.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14772
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:48 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:41 am
Not that this should at all be surprising with Trump, but it is surprising that the GOP is willfully looking the other way yet again. Disgusting.

Trump personally asked Pa. GOP House Speaker for help changing election results

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... g-election
It's no longer surprising that the GOP is looking the other way. This is a time to lead, not cower. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the GOP. I see a big split coming if something doesn't happen soon.

The GOP is not a party that does well without everyone being on the same page, which is the nature of a party that wants to maintain the status quo. It's usually easy for them to get along, but with Trump there's a twist. The Dems, by nature, are at each other almost all the time, because when you seek change you're going to have differing opinions on how to get there. Some Dems are much more progressive than others.
The GOP really circles the wagons. After Nixon/Watergate Gerald Ford only lost to Jimmy Carter by less than 1.7 million votes (2.1%).


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by iaafan » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:15 am




Post Reply