Page 11 of 11

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:50 pm
by Cu-Ag-Au
Kool Aid drinkers. :roll:

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:47 pm
by John K
It's equally appalling that so few GOP lawmakers have forcefully condemned Trump's actions. A few have, but most have either said nothing at all, or have twisted themselves into pretzels, being mildly critical without going too far, and running the risk of pissing off their demented leader. Some are even actively cheering him on, and urging him to continue pursuing this lunacy. And how about Rudy? The man who once was "America's Mayor" is now America's laughing stock. So much for that 2nd career as a celebrity spokesman for Just For Men. He's gonna need to figure out something else to do though, because I doubt anyone but Trump would ever again hire him as an attorney. I didn't think it was possible for him to humiliate himself any worse, after holding that press conference at a porn shop. It just goes to show how wrong you can be. I love it when his eyes bug out, and he gets that crazed look... sorta reminiscent of Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
by TomCat88
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
by Cataholic
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.
Not including the recounts, are they still actually counting votes? Wasn’t the election almost 3 weeks ago?

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm
by wbtfg
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.
Not including the recounts, are they still actually counting votes? Wasn’t the election almost 3 weeks ago?

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm
by Cataholic
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.
Not including the recounts, are they still actually counting votes? Wasn’t the election almost 3 weeks ago?
Doesn’t it bother anyone else that we are almost 3 weeks since the election but we still haven’t finished counting votes?

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm
by wbtfg
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.
Not including the recounts, are they still actually counting votes? Wasn’t the election almost 3 weeks ago?
Doesn’t it bother anyone else that we are almost 3 weeks since the election but we still haven’t finished counting votes?
Good question...not enough info to get the full context of the situation. That said, it certainly isn’t going to change anything other than the popular vote margin.

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:33 pm
by Cataholic
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.
Not including the recounts, are they still actually counting votes? Wasn’t the election almost 3 weeks ago?
Doesn’t it bother anyone else that we are almost 3 weeks since the election but we still haven’t finished counting votes?
Good question...not enough info to get the full context of the situation. That said, it certainly isn’t going to change anything other than the popular vote margin.
I’m not expecting any changes in results, but to not be finished counting votes by now should be a concern to everyone. Is this due to main in voting?

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 pm
by wbtfg
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:33 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.
Not including the recounts, are they still actually counting votes? Wasn’t the election almost 3 weeks ago?
Doesn’t it bother anyone else that we are almost 3 weeks since the election but we still haven’t finished counting votes?
Good question...not enough info to get the full context of the situation. That said, it certainly isn’t going to change anything other than the popular vote margin.
I’m not expecting any changes in results, but to not be finished counting votes by now should be a concern to everyone. Is this due to main in voting?
It sounds like New York elections are a complete sh1t show and record voter turnout combined with the pandemic just amplified this situation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/18/politics ... index.html

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:41 am
by TomCat88
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:33 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.
Not including the recounts, are they still actually counting votes? Wasn’t the election almost 3 weeks ago?
Doesn’t it bother anyone else that we are almost 3 weeks since the election but we still haven’t finished counting votes?
Good question...not enough info to get the full context of the situation. That said, it certainly isn’t going to change anything other than the popular vote margin.
I’m not expecting any changes in results, but to not be finished counting votes by now should be a concern to everyone. Is this due to main in voting?
They weren’t done counting in 2016 until mid-December. Clinton was up by 1.9 million votes on November 25, 2016 and ended up at 2.9 million by mid-December.

I’m guessing it’s been that way the past few cycles. I’m not sure why it takes so long. Perhaps once a state calls a race they switch to a different, less expensive way to count the remaining votes? It doesn’t bother me. I’m confident there’s a logical reason.

Some states at 100%. Most states are at 99%, some less than that.

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:01 pm
by Cataholic
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:41 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:33 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.
Not including the recounts, are they still actually counting votes? Wasn’t the election almost 3 weeks ago?
Doesn’t it bother anyone else that we are almost 3 weeks since the election but we still haven’t finished counting votes?
Good question...not enough info to get the full context of the situation. That said, it certainly isn’t going to change anything other than the popular vote margin.
I’m not expecting any changes in results, but to not be finished counting votes by now should be a concern to everyone. Is this due to main in voting?
They weren’t done counting in 2016 until mid-December. Clinton was up by 1.9 million votes on November 25, 2016 and ended up at 2.9 million by mid-December.

I’m guessing it’s been that way the past few cycles. I’m not sure why it takes so long. Perhaps once a state calls a race they switch to a different, less expensive way to count the remaining votes? It doesn’t bother me. I’m confident there’s a logical reason.

Some states at 100%. Most states are at 99%, some less than that.
I didn’t realize that, but it is hard to believe that it is a healthy practice that it can’t be improved. Does the IRS let us file returns after they are due? Do we expect Bobcat season tickets to arrive on time? Why do we demand less from our voting systems?

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 pm
by catatac
Since we're on this topic, why can't we move to an online voting system? After all, this is 2020 and the technology is there. People will say no, that can lead to more voter fraud but I don't know. I can buy cars and planes and houses online and I pay all my bills on line, I should be able to vote on line. Every registered voter gets one vote, period.

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:52 pm
by wbtfg
catatac wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 pm
Since we're on this topic, why can't we move to an online voting system? After all, this is 2020 and the technology is there. People will say no, that can lead to more voter fraud but I don't know. I can buy cars and planes and houses online and I pay all my bills on line, I should be able to vote on line. Every registered voter gets one vote, period.
I pay for a lot of things by mail and you saw all the crazy conspiracies that created. I can’t imagine what online would do. Haha.

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 pm
by RickRund
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:52 pm
catatac wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 pm
Since we're on this topic, why can't we move to an online voting system? After all, this is 2020 and the technology is there. People will say no, that can lead to more voter fraud but I don't know. I can buy cars and planes and houses online and I pay all my bills on line, I should be able to vote on line. Every registered voter gets one vote, period.
I pay for a lot of things by mail and you saw all the crazy conspiracies that created. I can’t imagine what online would do. Haha.
Ok, if I vote by email how do you know it is me?

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:34 pm
by TomCat88
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:01 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:41 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:33 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am
Biden is now up by over 6 million votes and needs 176,000 to reach 80 million. Trump needs 213,000 to reach 74 million.
Not including the recounts, are they still actually counting votes? Wasn’t the election almost 3 weeks ago?
Doesn’t it bother anyone else that we are almost 3 weeks since the election but we still haven’t finished counting votes?
Good question...not enough info to get the full context of the situation. That said, it certainly isn’t going to change anything other than the popular vote margin.
I’m not expecting any changes in results, but to not be finished counting votes by now should be a concern to everyone. Is this due to main in voting?
They weren’t done counting in 2016 until mid-December. Clinton was up by 1.9 million votes on November 25, 2016 and ended up at 2.9 million by mid-December.

I’m guessing it’s been that way the past few cycles. I’m not sure why it takes so long. Perhaps once a state calls a race they switch to a different, less expensive way to count the remaining votes? It doesn’t bother me. I’m confident there’s a logical reason.

Some states at 100%. Most states are at 99%, some less than that.
I didn’t realize that, but it is hard to believe that it is a healthy practice that it can’t be improved. Does the IRS let us file returns after they are due? Do we expect Bobcat season tickets to arrive on time? Why do we demand less from our voting systems?
idk. because those things still matter at any point in time, but votes remaining to be counted don’t if there aren’t enough left to change the outcome?

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:37 pm
by TomCat88
RickRund wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:52 pm
catatac wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 pm
Since we're on this topic, why can't we move to an online voting system? After all, this is 2020 and the technology is there. People will say no, that can lead to more voter fraud but I don't know. I can buy cars and planes and houses online and I pay all my bills on line, I should be able to vote on line. Every registered voter gets one vote, period.
I pay for a lot of things by mail and you saw all the crazy conspiracies that created. I can’t imagine what online would do. Haha.
Ok, if I vote by email how do you know it is me?
if i sent it to you then i know it’s you because you sent it back and you didn’t say you didn’t get a ballot. maybe? idk that’s just a wild guess.

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:14 am
by RickRund
Have seen this on a couple of sites. Food for thought regarding censorship.

https://winteryknight.com/2020/11/25/po ... -educated/

cory bookers possible proposal...

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/sen ... k-farmers/

hilary clinton possible pick for Secretary of Defense.

Would any of these three items caused some biden hesitation???

Re: VOTE!

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:38 am
by TomCat88
Trump (his supporters I assume donated for most of this per his request) paid $3 million for a recount in Milwaukee and Biden gained 132 votes. Trump has gained 68 votes in Dane county.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/28/trump-pai ... 132-votes/