VOTE!

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:54 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:46 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:33 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm
This is an amazing statement by Democrats. Move to Georgia so they can vote and win the runoffs in that state. Flat out blatant cheating.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgi ... -there.amp
"I hope everybody moves to Georgia, you know, in the next month or two, registers to vote and votes for these two Democratic senators," New York Times columnist Thomas L. Friedman told CNN on Monday night.
Neat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fox needs to start reporting on news again. :roll: :roll: :roll:
A concerted effort to influence an election and you wonder if it newsworthy. That is real nice position butch. Might be everyday politics to liberals, but it is newsworthy to the majority of America.
You blew off Trump telling people to vote twice! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You blew off Trump when he told the Proud Boys to stand down and stand by. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BUT A COLUMNIST!!!! HOLY S**T!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder what Alex Jones is up to right now. :wink: :wink: :wink:
You have selective train of thought. I never blew off any of those issues and was actually vocal about them. But it wouldn’t fit your liberal agenda.

And do a little research. Former presidential candidate Andrew Yang and his followers thinks is a great idea! Celebrities are encouraging the move.

Of course you won’t see this on the mainstream media because it doesn’t fit their agenda. That is the only reason I can think that you wouldn’t be aware of this.

But you go and blow it off.. I see how you denigrate any Republican claim of manipulating elections, but you actually laugh when the Democrats do it PUBLICALLY!!



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:57 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:47 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm
This is an amazing statement by Democrats. Move to Georgia so they can vote and win the runoffs in that state. Flat out blatant cheating.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgi ... -there.amp
"I hope everybody moves to Georgia, you know, in the next month or two, registers to vote and votes for these two Democratic senators," New York Times columnist Thomas L. Friedman told CNN on Monday night.
Neat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fox needs to start reporting on news again. :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's what Fox does. This wouldn't be cheating. People can move anywhere in the USA freely. It would be cheating if Georgia didn't allow them to move there. That's illegal, but moving somewhere because you want to vote a certain way isn't breaking any rules until someone makes a rule against it, which Georgia might do and that, too, is perfectly legal.

I wish Friedman wouldn't have said this though, because you know the Republicans will start doing it. Ever since Nixon in '68 they've been trying to cheat in every imaginable way...well almost every. This year has been no different. Acting like no Republicans were able to oversee the vote counting, getting some states to count the election day votes first to give the impression that they're winning in order to make a claim that the votes that came in late were "found." Along with numerous other false claims made only to put doubt into Americans. Then keep repeating it over and over and feeding it into Facebook and Twitter, which poorly monitors their sites. Then Trump goes after their wallets, because he's convinced them that his lie is true and they donate money to a phony effort to reverse the outcome of the election.
Talk about conspiracy theories!! Whoa!!! And by the way, this is illegal unless you plan to move and live in Georgia for an extended period of time. Do a little research - even if it doesn’t meet your agenda.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:12 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:57 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:47 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm
This is an amazing statement by Democrats. Move to Georgia so they can vote and win the runoffs in that state. Flat out blatant cheating.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgi ... -there.amp
"I hope everybody moves to Georgia, you know, in the next month or two, registers to vote and votes for these two Democratic senators," New York Times columnist Thomas L. Friedman told CNN on Monday night.
Neat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fox needs to start reporting on news again. :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's what Fox does. This wouldn't be cheating. People can move anywhere in the USA freely. It would be cheating if Georgia didn't allow them to move there. That's illegal, but moving somewhere because you want to vote a certain way isn't breaking any rules until someone makes a rule against it, which Georgia might do and that, too, is perfectly legal.

I wish Friedman wouldn't have said this though, because you know the Republicans will start doing it. Ever since Nixon in '68 they've been trying to cheat in every imaginable way...well almost every. This year has been no different. Acting like no Republicans were able to oversee the vote counting, getting some states to count the election day votes first to give the impression that they're winning in order to make a claim that the votes that came in late were "found." Along with numerous other false claims made only to put doubt into Americans. Then keep repeating it over and over and feeding it into Facebook and Twitter, which poorly monitors their sites. Then Trump goes after their wallets, because he's convinced them that his lie is true and they donate money to a phony effort to reverse the outcome of the election.
Talk about conspiracy theories!! Whoa!!! And by the way, this is illegal unless you plan to move and live in Georgia for an extended period of time. Do a little research - even if it doesn’t meet your agenda.
I wasn't responding to you, yet you (the person that is always calling others uncivil and unfair) take it upon yourself to respond and make a false claim that I put forth a conspiracy theory, then tell me to do a little research even if it doesn't meet my agenda. IMO you're projecting.

The article you posted states that it isn't illegal to move to another state and vote. It also states that Georgia is rushing in to a session to change it law/rules to keep people from doing, which I pointed out is legal for Georgia to do.



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:30 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:12 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:57 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:47 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm
This is an amazing statement by Democrats. Move to Georgia so they can vote and win the runoffs in that state. Flat out blatant cheating.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgi ... -there.amp
"I hope everybody moves to Georgia, you know, in the next month or two, registers to vote and votes for these two Democratic senators," New York Times columnist Thomas L. Friedman told CNN on Monday night.
Neat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fox needs to start reporting on news again. :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's what Fox does. This wouldn't be cheating. People can move anywhere in the USA freely. It would be cheating if Georgia didn't allow them to move there. That's illegal, but moving somewhere because you want to vote a certain way isn't breaking any rules until someone makes a rule against it, which Georgia might do and that, too, is perfectly legal.

I wish Friedman wouldn't have said this though, because you know the Republicans will start doing it. Ever since Nixon in '68 they've been trying to cheat in every imaginable way...well almost every. This year has been no different. Acting like no Republicans were able to oversee the vote counting, getting some states to count the election day votes first to give the impression that they're winning in order to make a claim that the votes that came in late were "found." Along with numerous other false claims made only to put doubt into Americans. Then keep repeating it over and over and feeding it into Facebook and Twitter, which poorly monitors their sites. Then Trump goes after their wallets, because he's convinced them that his lie is true and they donate money to a phony effort to reverse the outcome of the election.
Talk about conspiracy theories!! Whoa!!! And by the way, this is illegal unless you plan to move and live in Georgia for an extended period of time. Do a little research - even if it doesn’t meet your agenda.
I wasn't responding to you, yet you (the person that is always calling others uncivil and unfair) take it upon yourself to respond and make a false claim that I put forth a conspiracy theory, then tell me to do a little research even if it doesn't meet my agenda. IMO you're projecting.

The article you posted states that it isn't illegal to move to another state and vote. It also states that Georgia is rushing in to a session to change it law/rules to keep people from doing, which I pointed out is legal for Georgia to do.
Sorry, I forgot your posts are not open to critique.

The very first paragraph of the article:
moving to Georgia for a short time just to vote is against state law.
It actually provides a hyperlink to take you to the Georgia state law.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:30 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:12 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:57 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:47 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm
This is an amazing statement by Democrats. Move to Georgia so they can vote and win the runoffs in that state. Flat out blatant cheating.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgi ... -there.amp
"I hope everybody moves to Georgia, you know, in the next month or two, registers to vote and votes for these two Democratic senators," New York Times columnist Thomas L. Friedman told CNN on Monday night.
Neat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fox needs to start reporting on news again. :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's what Fox does. This wouldn't be cheating. People can move anywhere in the USA freely. It would be cheating if Georgia didn't allow them to move there. That's illegal, but moving somewhere because you want to vote a certain way isn't breaking any rules until someone makes a rule against it, which Georgia might do and that, too, is perfectly legal.

I wish Friedman wouldn't have said this though, because you know the Republicans will start doing it. Ever since Nixon in '68 they've been trying to cheat in every imaginable way...well almost every. This year has been no different. Acting like no Republicans were able to oversee the vote counting, getting some states to count the election day votes first to give the impression that they're winning in order to make a claim that the votes that came in late were "found." Along with numerous other false claims made only to put doubt into Americans. Then keep repeating it over and over and feeding it into Facebook and Twitter, which poorly monitors their sites. Then Trump goes after their wallets, because he's convinced them that his lie is true and they donate money to a phony effort to reverse the outcome of the election.
Talk about conspiracy theories!! Whoa!!! And by the way, this is illegal unless you plan to move and live in Georgia for an extended period of time. Do a little research - even if it doesn’t meet your agenda.
I wasn't responding to you, yet you (the person that is always calling others uncivil and unfair) take it upon yourself to respond and make a false claim that I put forth a conspiracy theory, then tell me to do a little research even if it doesn't meet my agenda. IMO you're projecting.

The article you posted states that it isn't illegal to move to another state and vote. It also states that Georgia is rushing in to a session to change it law/rules to keep people from doing, which I pointed out is legal for Georgia to do.
Sorry, I forgot your posts are not open to critique.

The very first paragraph of the article:
moving to Georgia for a short time just to vote is against state law.
It actually provides a hyperlink to take you to the Georgia state law.
I never said one word about critiquing my posts. You can disagree without personalizing something. Again, this is something you complain about yourself, I abide by it as it's good advice, yet you can't seem to play by your own rules.

I never said that anyone could move somewhere for a short time just to vote. It is not illegal to move somewhere for the purpose of voting in that state or counties elections.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:43 pm

They’re still counting votes and Georgia is having a recount, but all the states have been called and Biden is ahead 306-232, which is coincidentally the same as 2016 if it holds.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Darth Yoda » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:02 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:43 pm
They’re still counting votes and Georgia is having a recount, but all the states have been called and Biden is ahead 306-232, which is coincidentally the same as 2016 if it holds.
I actually don't know the answer to this question, but didn't Trump get 304 and added two more with faithless electors? Not sure if that's true or bs.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:52 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:02 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:43 pm
They’re still counting votes and Georgia is having a recount, but all the states have been called and Biden is ahead 306-232, which is coincidentally the same as 2016 if it holds.
I actually don't know the answer to this question, but didn't Trump get 304 and added two more with faithless electors? Not sure if that's true or bs.
Oh yeah! I remember something like that.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: VOTE!

Post by The Butcher » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:38 pm

This is absolutely wild. If voter suppression doesn't work, just throw out the ballots I guess.
When is this onslaught of our democracy going to end???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p_politics



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:53 pm

Biden is closing in on 80 million votes and Trump just went over 73 million. Both are greater than the most anyone has ever received. I know I didn't have anything to do with it, but I'm glad I started this thread. I hope it isn't just that they were able to vote by mail as much as they did. Great to see people get out and vote in the numbers they did this year, but we still need to do better. Everyone should vote. Not out of a sense of duty, but the should feel they matter in this country. For it to be the country we want it to be, every single person needs to VOTE.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4823
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:37 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:53 pm
Biden is closing in on 80 million votes and Trump just went over 73 million. Both are greater than the most anyone has ever received. I know I didn't have anything to do with it, but I'm glad I started this thread. I hope it isn't just that they were able to vote by mail as much as they did. Great to see people get out and vote in the numbers they did this year, but we still need to do better. Everyone should vote. Not out of a sense of duty, but the should feel they matter in this country. For it to be the country we want it to be, every single person needs to VOTE.
Lots of people feel like their vote doesn’t matter. Much of that depends on each state. I could be wrong but wasn’t it you that actually said our vote here doesn’t really matter because no matter what we were gonna be red? Might have been someone else but I remember reading it here.

Glad it was a good turnout though. I think it speaks more to just how unlikeable Trump was to many people. I don’t think we would have had the same results had he not been involved.



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:41 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:37 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:53 pm
Biden is closing in on 80 million votes and Trump just went over 73 million. Both are greater than the most anyone has ever received. I know I didn't have anything to do with it, but I'm glad I started this thread. I hope it isn't just that they were able to vote by mail as much as they did. Great to see people get out and vote in the numbers they did this year, but we still need to do better. Everyone should vote. Not out of a sense of duty, but the should feel they matter in this country. For it to be the country we want it to be, every single person needs to VOTE.
Lots of people feel like their vote doesn’t matter. Much of that depends on each state. I could be wrong but wasn’t it you that actually said our vote here doesn’t really matter because no matter what we were gonna be red? Might have been someone else but I remember reading it here.

Glad it was a good turnout though. I think it speaks more to just how unlikeable Trump was to many people. I don’t think we would have had the same results had he not been involved.
Trump actually had 10 million more votes than he did in 2016. Maybe it was because many people felt threatened that our government was becoming too far left.



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Votes found in Georgia. I think Trump lost, but things like this help me better understand why he feels like the election was tainted.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-re ... utType=amp



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4823
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:56 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:41 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:37 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:53 pm
Biden is closing in on 80 million votes and Trump just went over 73 million. Both are greater than the most anyone has ever received. I know I didn't have anything to do with it, but I'm glad I started this thread. I hope it isn't just that they were able to vote by mail as much as they did. Great to see people get out and vote in the numbers they did this year, but we still need to do better. Everyone should vote. Not out of a sense of duty, but the should feel they matter in this country. For it to be the country we want it to be, every single person needs to VOTE.
Lots of people feel like their vote doesn’t matter. Much of that depends on each state. I could be wrong but wasn’t it you that actually said our vote here doesn’t really matter because no matter what we were gonna be red? Might have been someone else but I remember reading it here.

Glad it was a good turnout though. I think it speaks more to just how unlikeable Trump was to many people. I don’t think we would have had the same results had he not been involved.
Trump actually had 10 million more votes than he did in 2016. Maybe it was because many people felt threatened that our government was becoming too far left.
Certainly possible. How many more democratic votes were there this year compared to 2016? Seems there were a lot more.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:12 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:37 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:53 pm
Biden is closing in on 80 million votes and Trump just went over 73 million. Both are greater than the most anyone has ever received. I know I didn't have anything to do with it, but I'm glad I started this thread. I hope it isn't just that they were able to vote by mail as much as they did. Great to see people get out and vote in the numbers they did this year, but we still need to do better. Everyone should vote. Not out of a sense of duty, but the should feel they matter in this country. For it to be the country we want it to be, every single person needs to VOTE.
Lots of people feel like their vote doesn’t matter. Much of that depends on each state. I could be wrong but wasn’t it you that actually said our vote here doesn’t really matter because no matter what we were gonna be red? Might have been someone else but I remember reading it here.

Glad it was a good turnout though. I think it speaks more to just how unlikeable Trump was to many people. I don’t think we would have had the same results had he not been involved.
Yeah, I know I've thought that before, but not sure I've posted it, but probably. Votes might matter here IF everyone votes. Unfortunately, there are many states that you just know how they're going to vote (lucky them, because they don't have to deal with the ads) and you just put their electoral votes in whatever column. Nonetheless, I think it's important to vote and there's more to the ballot than just the presidential picks.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:14 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:56 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:41 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:37 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:53 pm
Biden is closing in on 80 million votes and Trump just went over 73 million. Both are greater than the most anyone has ever received. I know I didn't have anything to do with it, but I'm glad I started this thread. I hope it isn't just that they were able to vote by mail as much as they did. Great to see people get out and vote in the numbers they did this year, but we still need to do better. Everyone should vote. Not out of a sense of duty, but the should feel they matter in this country. For it to be the country we want it to be, every single person needs to VOTE.
Lots of people feel like their vote doesn’t matter. Much of that depends on each state. I could be wrong but wasn’t it you that actually said our vote here doesn’t really matter because no matter what we were gonna be red? Might have been someone else but I remember reading it here.

Glad it was a good turnout though. I think it speaks more to just how unlikeable Trump was to many people. I don’t think we would have had the same results had he not been involved.
Trump actually had 10 million more votes than he did in 2016. Maybe it was because many people felt threatened that our government was becoming too far left.
Certainly possible. How many more democratic votes were there this year compared to 2016? Seems there were a lot more.
Biden has 13 million more votes than Clinton had in 2016, Trump has 10 million more than he had in 2016. By the time it's over there will have been 35 million more votes cast between the two mainstream candidates than in 2016. About a 25% increase in voters. That's huge.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:51 pm
Votes found in Georgia. I think Trump lost, but things like this help me better understand why he feels like the election was tainted.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-re ... utType=amp
There's also a discrepancy in Nevada, but four-year elections are huge and mistakes are made every time. Rarely, if ever, are they consequential. I don't think Trump thinks the election was tainted.

In 2016 the recounts (or partial recounts) made a +102 difference for Clinton in Michigan; a +3 difference for Trump in Nevada; and a +131 difference for Trump in Wisconsin.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Joe Biden
Democratic Party
306
51%
78,949,296

Donald Trump
Republican Party
232
47.3%
73,267,835

Jo Jorgensen
Libertarian Party
0
1.2%
1,833,531

Howie Hawkins
Green Party
0
0.2%
383,354

Other candidates
0
0.3%
427,813

About 154.5 million votes cast so far.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: VOTE!

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:11 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:51 pm
Votes found in Georgia. I think Trump lost, but things like this help me better understand why he feels like the election was tainted.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-re ... utType=amp
There's also a discrepancy in Nevada, but four-year elections are huge and mistakes are made every time. Rarely, if ever, are they consequential. I don't think Trump thinks the election was tainted.

In 2016 the recounts (or partial recounts) made a +102 difference for Clinton in Michigan; a +3 difference for Trump in Nevada; and a +131 difference for Trump in Wisconsin.
Likewise, I have a hard time believing that a recount will make a difference. What drives me nuts though are people saying Trump needs to concede. He has the right to contest the election and that is what he is doing. He must provide solid evidence of wrongdoing or voter fraud though as many conservatives are losing patience. I personally will not support any votes being removed due to a technicality. I had seen an attempt to eliminate 600,000 votes in PA because a Republican representative was not allowed to view. You can’t just eliminate votes, but you can recount them.

If Democrats are so sure the recounts will go their way, why are they complaining about them? Just do the recount with adequate controls in place and everyone can move on.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: VOTE!

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:56 am

Trump still hasn’t conceded that he lost the popular vote in 2016. He never will and he’ll never concede this election’s electoral or popular vote. I can’t think of anything that he’s conceded. He hasn’t conceded that Obama was born in Hawaii. He hasn’t conceded that he was wrong about the Central Park Five. - Dr. Seuss.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Post Reply