VOTE!

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: VOTE!

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:46 pm

The erroneous reporting of unofficial results from Antrim county was a result of accidental error on the part of the Antrim County Clerk. The equipment and software did not malfunction and all ballots were properly tabulated. However, the clerk accidentally did not update the software used to collect voting machine data and report unofficial results.
https://www.fox17online.com/news/electi ... e-no-merit

https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-1 ... --,00.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:49 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michig ... s-democrat
Michigan GOP Chairwoman Laura Cox said at a Friday press conference that “in Antrim County, ballots were counted for Democrats that were meant for Republicans, causing a 6,000 vote swing against our candidates. The county clerk came forward and said, ‘tabulating software glitched and caused a miscalculation of the votes.'”

Cox said that “since then, we have now discovered that 47 counties used this same software in the same capacity,” or more than half of Michigan’s 83 counties. She urged those counties to “closely examine their results for similar discrepancies.” Trump’s campaign circulated her remarks on Twitter.

The Detroit Free Press reports that Antrim County uses Dominion Voting Systems equipment. Results are stored on computer cards at precincts, then uploaded to another computer by county election officials.

Antrim County Clerk Sheryl Guy, a Republican, told the Free Press that it’s unclear if human error or a glitch caused the error, which was discovered because a Democratic wins were incongruous with the county’s conservative leanings. A manual review confirmed the error.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:02 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:49 pm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michig ... s-democrat
Michigan GOP Chairwoman Laura Cox said at a Friday press conference that “in Antrim County, ballots were counted for Democrats that were meant for Republicans, causing a 6,000 vote swing against our candidates. The county clerk came forward and said, ‘tabulating software glitched and caused a miscalculation of the votes.'”

Cox said that “since then, we have now discovered that 47 counties used this same software in the same capacity,” or more than half of Michigan’s 83 counties. She urged those counties to “closely examine their results for similar discrepancies.” Trump’s campaign circulated her remarks on Twitter.

The Detroit Free Press reports that Antrim County uses Dominion Voting Systems equipment. Results are stored on computer cards at precincts, then uploaded to another computer by county election officials.

Antrim County Clerk Sheryl Guy, a Republican, told the Free Press that it’s unclear if human error or a glitch caused the error, which was discovered because a Democratic wins were incongruous with the county’s conservative leanings. A manual review confirmed the error.
After reading a few articles on this topic. It sounds like the county tweaked the ballot format without updating the software to match. It would seem the glitch is human error and there doesn’t seem to be any concern of issues in other counties.

Trump ended up winning the county 9783 to 7289

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:29 pm

Best election ever in terms of turnout. Very cool.

1908 65.7
1960 63.8
2020 66.3 (projected)

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:28 am

It was a Bob Beamon election. For those that don't recall Bob Beamon set the long jump record at the '68 Olympics. The record was 27' 11" and he went 29' 2" or something like that. He just skipped right over the whole 28' section. The most votes cast prior to this was about 140 million and this one is going to have close to 160 million. Biden is expected to have over 81 million with previous most being 69.5 million.

Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:36 pm

I've been wondering how certain groups voted in this presidential election. Does anyone know how the medical field community vote broke for each candidate? How about for those in education? Does anyone here know of a reliable site to find out those numbers?
I can say anecdotally that my relatives in the med. field both Dr.s and nurses have told me that in their circle of colleagues it was probably at least
85-15 or greater for Biden. I have no idea how that may compare to previous years vote split.

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:36 pm
I've been wondering how certain groups voted in this presidential election. Does anyone know how the medical field community vote broke for each candidate? How about for those in education? Does anyone here know of a reliable site to find out those numbers?
I can say anecdotally that my relatives in the med. field both Dr.s and nurses have told me that in their circle of colleagues it was probably at least
85-15 or greater for Biden. I have no idea how that may compare to previous years vote split.
I have never really seen anything based on career. But education wise; the higher a degree the better chance of a Biden vote. White men without a degree make up a significant amount of Trump's base.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:24 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
I have never really seen anything based on career. But education wise; the higher a degree the better chance of a Biden vote. White men without a degree make up a significant amount of Trump's base.
There are 117 million white males in the USA. Assuming that 100 million are old enough to vote, but not all do vote, I would guess about 50 million votes for the Republican candidate for president this year came from white males. The link below has a good graphic on breakdown, but not the detail Joe Bobcat is looking for.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... education/

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:30 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Don't think the numbers paint the absolute clear picture you think they do, though your basic premise is right. The world is a little more grey and shifting:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... -religion/

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:31 am

Evangelicals, you got to love them for their humor.

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:18 pm

Well, all I can say is I know how Trump feels. This election was kinda like watching the 2018 cat-Griz game. Big lead early and I thought we'd cruise to an easy win, then couldn't believe it as I watched you guys catch up and go ahead. Was hoping the replay (recount) would show the timeout came too late.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:44 pm

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:18 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:18 pm
Well, all I can say is I know how Trump feels. This election was kinda like watching the 2018 cat-Griz game. Big lead early and I thought we'd cruise to an easy win, then couldn't believe it as I watched you guys catch up and go ahead. Was hoping the replay (recount) would show the timeout came too late.
Haha...I actually had that exact same thought at one point. It's actually a pretty good analogy. On a side note, thank you for correctly referring to it as Cat-Griz, even if you didn't use a capital C. Griz-Cat just doesn't sound right, and it never will. In the interest of bringing people together, I decided to use caps for both...lol. Trumpers are sounding a lot like many Griz fans sounded after that game (present company excluded), insisting that the time out came too late, and there must have been some sinister conspiracy to steal the win from the glorious and mighty Griz, who couldn't possibly lose to the Cats, unless MSU cheated somehow.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:46 am

Wisconsin canvasing has seen minimal change in the presidential vote count. The biggest single change was in the city of Shawano, where Trump lost 274 votes. The mistake was made by a worker who entered 636 total votes for Trump in one city district rather than the correct 362 votes when they reported the totals to the county on election night, said Shawano County Clerk Pamela Schmidt. The error was caught during the canvassing process, she said. Maybe voter fraud in favor of Trump??? :shock:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:09 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:46 am
Wisconsin canvasing has seen minimal change in the presidential vote count. The biggest single change was in the city of Shawano, where Trump lost 274 votes. The mistake was made by a worker who entered 636 total votes for Trump in one city district rather than the correct 362 votes when they reported the totals to the county on election night, said Shawano County Clerk Pamela Schmidt. The error was caught during the canvassing process, she said. Maybe voter fraud in favor of Trump??? :shock:
It would be hilarious if Biden actually ended up gaining a few votes in all, or at least some of the states, after they complete the canvassing/recounting process. Of course Trumpers would just take that as further evidence that the election must have been rigged...please don't confuse them with the facts.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm

This is an amazing statement by Democrats. Move to Georgia so they can vote and win the runoffs in that state. Flat out blatant cheating.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgi ... -there.amp
"I hope everybody moves to Georgia, you know, in the next month or two, registers to vote and votes for these two Democratic senators," New York Times columnist Thomas L. Friedman told CNN on Monday night.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm
This is an amazing statement by Democrats. Move to Georgia so they can vote and win the runoffs in that state. Flat out blatant cheating.

"I hope everybody moves to Georgia, you know, in the next month or two, registers to vote and votes for these two Democratic senators," New York Times columnist Thomas L. Friedman told CNN on Monday night.
Neat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fox needs to start reporting on news again. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:33 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Cataholic wrote:

A concerted effort to influence an election and you wonder if it newsworthy. That is real nice position butch. Might be everyday politics to liberals, but it is newsworthy to the majority of America.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:46 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:33 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

A concerted effort to influence an election and you wonder if it newsworthy. That is real nice position butch. Might be everyday politics to liberals, but it is newsworthy to the majority of America.
You blew off Trump telling people to vote twice! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You blew off Trump when he told the Proud Boys to stand down and stand by. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BUT A COLUMNIST!!!! HOLY S**T!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder what Alex Jones is up to right now. :wink: :wink: :wink:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:47 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

It's what Fox does. This wouldn't be cheating. People can move anywhere in the USA freely. It would be cheating if Georgia didn't allow them to move there. That's illegal, but moving somewhere because you want to vote a certain way isn't breaking any rules until someone makes a rule against it, which Georgia might do and that, too, is perfectly legal.

I wish Friedman wouldn't have said this though, because you know the Republicans will start doing it. Ever since Nixon in '68 they've been trying to cheat in every imaginable way...well almost every. This year has been no different. Acting like no Republicans were able to oversee the vote counting, getting some states to count the election day votes first to give the impression that they're winning in order to make a claim that the votes that came in late were "found." Along with numerous other false claims made only to put doubt into Americans. Then keep repeating it over and over and feeding it into Facebook and Twitter, which poorly monitors their sites. Then Trump goes after their wallets, because he's convinced them that his lie is true and they donate money to a phony effort to reverse the outcome of the election.