Right wing domestic terrorist plot to kidnap Michigan Governor.

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Right wing domestic terrorist plot to kidnap Michigan Governor.

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:22 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:35 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:44 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:55 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:00 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:59 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:46 pm

I think you missed my point that there are also examples of some of the guys supporting trump. Including one of them sporting a trump hat.
Don’t you think you are being a little hypocritical? How many rioters are wearing Biden shirts or hats? Do you see conservatives blaming Biden for the damage? No! Yet a guy wears a Trump hat and somehow liberals are blaming Trump.
I think you’re reading too much into my post. I was just responding to Ricks post saying “he HATES trump”
Maybe, but I know you are a smart guy. Re-Reading your posts above, it does seems that you are trying to tie this Michigan group to Trump. You have to read Rich’s post this morning. That article indicates many of the members of the group were linked to BLM.

So I ask a serious question, why does the media push this as linked to Trump? Shouldn’t Whitmer issue a correction as this clearly has nothing to do with Trump?

How can we have a fair election when the media is actively pushing an anti-Trump agenda?
So there’s evidence of some of the guys going to a BLM rally. Other evidence of praise and support for trump. Other evidence that a guy was critical of trump.

It’s funny how there’s a terrorist plot against a sitting governor, but so many people are more concerned about this group’s political leanings. How about we all just categorically condemn this group of crazies rather than trying to distance our favorite political party from them?

And no, I’m not getting my news from a Breitbart piece from John Nolte....lol.
I completely agree that we need to denounce all of these crazies regardless of political leaning. But I hate to tell you this, but you started the thread by labeling them as right wing and then you tried to attach them to Trump - and more than once.

Back to my question above, if you really believe that we should be focused on condemning these crazies rather than distancing our party from them, wasn’t Whitmer’s comments out of line? Shouldn’t Whitmer issue a correction?

I do need to comment on the Breitbart piece. Breitbart was referencing information directly from the liberal Washington Post. I would link the Post article, but it is behind a pay wall.
They are right wing. That’s a fact. I didn’t say they were republican. There’s still a difference between far right crazies and republicans, right?

As for Whitmer, it was her life that was being threatened, not sure why folks are trying to demonize her. Strange times.
Strange times indeed. Whitmer blames Trump, yet Trump had nothing to do with this group. Why do you think Whitmer should not correct her comments about Trump? She lied.

Additionally with Whitmer, don’t you think she politicized this whole thing by blaming Trump? You are the one who said that we should not be blaming parties. Don’t you think Whitmer was the one who did that?
Whitmer didn't say Trump was associated with the Michigan Militia. She said Trumps rhetoric encourages militias. A lot of people agree with that statement, even many Republicans.
Whitmer said that President Donald Trump is "complicit" in what happened because he has not denounced right-wing hate groups. Just a couple of days earlier, Trump went on national prime time TV and unilaterally denounced all forms of racism. It was an undeniable statement. Don’t you think her statement was misleading?
That wasn't her direct quote. She said he's "complicit..." because he's "...giving comfort to those who spread fear and hatred and division." She said he's complicit because he failed to denounce them in the debate. She never said Trump has never denounced hate groups.

Trump had an opportunity in front of a cross-section of 78 million viewers to make a statement and let it slide. He then went on Hannity and, possibly at the pleading of his staff, made a statement in front of 4.7 million viewers, mostly staunch Republicans.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 pm

https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-viol ... ate-speech

Link to a timeline for Trump seeming to encourage hate groups.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:28 am

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:04 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 pm

Once again, you are using a publication that is listed as far left on the website that you provided for bias. Has Vox ever wrote anything but negative stories about Trump?

And that Vox piece was a complete garbage. They seriously listed some guy saying “Trump will get them” while in a confrontation with some BLM members. Do you remember the guy that shot Congressman Steve Scalise? He was a Bernie Sanders nut job, but I don’t recall any Republicans blaming Sanders.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:40 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 pm

Just one of many timelines documenting Trump's racism. Not that it needs to be done as it's self-evident nearly every time he holds a rally.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:41 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:22 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:35 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:44 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:55 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:00 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:59 pm

Don’t you think you are being a little hypocritical? How many rioters are wearing Biden shirts or hats? Do you see conservatives blaming Biden for the damage? No! Yet a guy wears a Trump hat and somehow liberals are blaming Trump.
I think you’re reading too much into my post. I was just responding to Ricks post saying “he HATES trump”
Maybe, but I know you are a smart guy. Re-Reading your posts above, it does seems that you are trying to tie this Michigan group to Trump. You have to read Rich’s post this morning. That article indicates many of the members of the group were linked to BLM.

So I ask a serious question, why does the media push this as linked to Trump? Shouldn’t Whitmer issue a correction as this clearly has nothing to do with Trump?

How can we have a fair election when the media is actively pushing an anti-Trump agenda?
So there’s evidence of some of the guys going to a BLM rally. Other evidence of praise and support for trump. Other evidence that a guy was critical of trump.

It’s funny how there’s a terrorist plot against a sitting governor, but so many people are more concerned about this group’s political leanings. How about we all just categorically condemn this group of crazies rather than trying to distance our favorite political party from them?

And no, I’m not getting my news from a Breitbart piece from John Nolte....lol.
I completely agree that we need to denounce all of these crazies regardless of political leaning. But I hate to tell you this, but you started the thread by labeling them as right wing and then you tried to attach them to Trump - and more than once.

Back to my question above, if you really believe that we should be focused on condemning these crazies rather than distancing our party from them, wasn’t Whitmer’s comments out of line? Shouldn’t Whitmer issue a correction?

I do need to comment on the Breitbart piece. Breitbart was referencing information directly from the liberal Washington Post. I would link the Post article, but it is behind a pay wall.
They are right wing. That’s a fact. I didn’t say they were republican. There’s still a difference between far right crazies and republicans, right?

As for Whitmer, it was her life that was being threatened, not sure why folks are trying to demonize her. Strange times.
Strange times indeed. Whitmer blames Trump, yet Trump had nothing to do with this group. Why do you think Whitmer should not correct her comments about Trump? She lied.

Additionally with Whitmer, don’t you think she politicized this whole thing by blaming Trump? You are the one who said that we should not be blaming parties. Don’t you think Whitmer was the one who did that?
Whitmer didn't say Trump was associated with the Michigan Militia. She said Trumps rhetoric encourages militias. A lot of people agree with that statement, even many Republicans.
Whitmer said that President Donald Trump is "complicit" in what happened because he has not denounced right-wing hate groups. Just a couple of days earlier, Trump went on national prime time TV and unilaterally denounced all forms of racism. It was an undeniable statement. Don’t you think her statement was misleading?
That wasn't her direct quote. She said he's "complicit..." because he's "...giving comfort to those who spread fear and hatred and division." She said he's complicit because he failed to denounce them in the debate. She never said Trump has never denounced hate groups.

Trump had an opportunity in front of a cross-section of 78 million viewers to make a statement and let it slide. He then went on Hannity and, possibly at the pleading of his staff, made a statement in front of 4.7 million viewers, mostly staunch Republicans.
Thanks again, Tom. I hadn't researched this to much, but I'm not surprised to see her words getting twisted around by the right. That's politics, I guess, good to see a more in-depth take.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 am

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:08 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 am
Well, I guess Cataholic was right. These militia guys do play both sides of the fence. Regardless of where a Democrat governor is from, the north or the south, they'll still plot to kidnap them. Good job Cataholic!!

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:37 am

grizgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:08 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 am
Well, I guess Cataholic was right. These militia guys do play both sides of the fence. Regardless of where a Democrat governor is from, the north or the south, they'll still plot to kidnap them. Good job Cataholic!!
Thanks for lending so much substance to the conversation!

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:02 am

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:09 am

With the current climate with extremists groups, I am not sure this tweet is well timed.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:30 pm

Virtually every website listed to “document” Trumps racism is listed as a liberal left publication by the website provided by Tom. Many of these websites also include the Trump comments at Charlottesville. Here is a fact-check that provides some clarity.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/trump ... remacists/

I cannot believe some of the events listed as Trump racial events. Some guy threatens a BLM group and says “Trump is going to get you”, and they list that as a Trump racial incident? 🤷‍♂️ Remember Republican Senator Steve Scalise was shot on a softball field by a Bernie Sanders supporter. I don’t recall anybody blaming Bernie Sanders for that shooting. How come the media only blames Trump?

I know Trump is a flawed guy and I have repeatedly stated that. I wish we had a better choice this year. But this racial tension was not created with the election of Trump. It has been prevalent for decades. And I don’t believe Obama-Biden made huge progress in this area. Even if you don’t like Trump, you have to give him credit for the First Step Act, Support of HBCU’s and recently the Black America Plan.

chester Spartanpot
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by chester Spartanpot » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:42 pm

:-^

Ye... intruders... beware!!