Right wing domestic terrorist plot to kidnap Michigan Governor.

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Right wing domestic terrorist plot to kidnap Michigan Governor.

Post by wbtfg » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:51 am

This is a crazy story.

“The Wolverine Watchmen militia group didn't just plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, but they were on a mission to attack the state Capitol and target police officers at their homes as part of a broader mission to instigate a civil war, authorities said Thursday in announcing felony charges against 13 militia members accused in a sensational case of domestic terrorism.“

https://amp.freep.com/amp/5924617002?s= ... Z2lpjvt-fA

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Right wing domestic terrorist plot to kidnap Michigan Governor.

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:46 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:51 am
This is a crazy story.

“The Wolverine Watchmen militia group didn't just plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, but they were on a mission to attack the state Capitol and target police officers at their homes as part of a broader mission to instigate a civil war, authorities said Thursday in announcing felony charges against 13 militia members accused in a sensational case of domestic terrorism.“

Actually he HATES Trump. He probably hates guv weirdner a bit less. The guy HATES anything government...

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:59 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:46 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:51 am
This is a crazy story.

Actually he HATES Trump. He probably hates guv weirdner a bit less. The guy HATES anything government...
What guy?

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Rich K » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:50 pm

The mentioned militia is an anarchist group that could never accurately be described as "right wing".

They have much in common with BLM and Antifa, both of which push anarchist ideas.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:44 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:50 pm
The mentioned militia is an anarchist group that could never accurately be described as "right wing".

They have much in common with BLM and Antifa, both of which push anarchist ideas.
I mean.....

“In a series of memes in 2017 Barry Croft praised Donald Trump as 'inspiring!'“

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:00 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:44 pm
Rich K wrote:

I mean.....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/whitmer-kidn ... rump-video
"Trump is not your friend, dude," Caserta appears to say in the video. "And it amazes me that people actually believe that, when he's shown over and over and over again that he's a tyrant."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:24 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:00 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Rich K wrote:

I mean.....

"Trump is not your friend, dude," Caserta appears to say in the video. "And it amazes me that people actually believe that, when he's shown over and over and over again that he's a tyrant."
Cool cool cool. Fox News found ONE of the guys criticizing Trump ONE time.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:38 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:24 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Rich K wrote:

I mean.....

Gotcha! Video evidence is not enough. Next time I will look for a signed affidavit.

This Michigan Militia is an anarchist organization. They are against GOVERNMENT. Doesn’t that sound an awful lot like the same groups that are protesting on the West Coast? Both don’t want police or governmental rules. Kind of like these autonomous zones around the country in Seattle, DC, Portland and LA.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:44 pm

And Governor Whitmer’s statement this week blaming Trump was disgraceful. She alleged that his comments to not condemn white supremacy was to blame for this incident. Not only did Trump loudly and clearly condemn white supremacy in the past two weeks, but these militia turds started plotting this attack back in early 2020 - way before the presidential debate.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:46 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:38 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Rich K wrote:

I mean.....

Gotcha! Video evidence is not enough. Next time I will look for a signed affidavit.

This Michigan Militia is an anarchist organization. They are against GOVERNMENT. Doesn’t that sound an awful lot like the same groups that are protesting on the West Coast? Both don’t want police or governmental rules. Kind of like these autonomous zones around the country in Seattle, DC, Portland and LA.
I think you missed my point that there are also examples of some of the guys supporting trump. Including one of them sporting a trump hat.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:59 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:46 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Rich K wrote:

I mean.....

I think you missed my point that there are also examples of some of the guys supporting trump. Including one of them sporting a trump hat.
Don’t you think you are being a little hypocritical? How many rioters are wearing Biden shirts or hats? Do you see conservatives blaming Biden for the damage? No! Yet a guy wears a Trump hat and somehow liberals are blaming Trump.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:59 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Rich K wrote:

I mean.....

Don’t you think you are being a little hypocritical? How many rioters are wearing Biden shirts or hats? Do you see conservatives blaming Biden for the damage? No! Yet a guy wears a Trump hat and somehow liberals are blaming Trump.
I think you’re reading too much into my post. I was just responding to Ricks post saying “he HATES trump”

Rich K

Re: LEFT wing domestic terrorist plot to kidnap Michigan Governor.

Post by Rich K » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:06 am

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:00 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Rich K wrote:

I mean.....

I think you’re reading too much into my post. I was just responding to Ricks post saying “he HATES trump”
Maybe, but I know you are a smart guy. Re-Reading your posts above, it does seems that you are trying to tie this Michigan group to Trump. You have to read Rich’s post this morning. That article indicates many of the members of the group were linked to BLM.

So I ask a serious question, why does the media push this as linked to Trump? Shouldn’t Whitmer issue a correction as this clearly has nothing to do with Trump?

How can we have a fair election when the media is actively pushing an anti-Trump agenda?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:55 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:00 am
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Rich K wrote:

I mean.....

Maybe, but I know you are a smart guy. Re-Reading your posts above, it does seems that you are trying to tie this Michigan group to Trump. You have to read Rich’s post this morning. That article indicates many of the members of the group were linked to BLM.

So I ask a serious question, why does the media push this as linked to Trump? Shouldn’t Whitmer issue a correction as this clearly has nothing to do with Trump?

How can we have a fair election when the media is actively pushing an anti-Trump agenda?
So there’s evidence of some of the guys going to a BLM rally. Other evidence of praise and support for trump. Other evidence that a guy was critical of trump.

It’s funny how there’s a terrorist plot against a sitting governor, but so many people are more concerned about this group’s political leanings. How about we all just categorically condemn this group of crazies rather than trying to distance our favorite political party from them?

And no, I’m not getting my news from a Breitbart piece from John Nolte....lol.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:55 am
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Rich K wrote:

I mean.....

So there’s evidence of some of the guys going to a BLM rally. Other evidence of praise and support for trump. Other evidence that a guy was critical of trump.

It’s funny how there’s a terrorist plot against a sitting governor, but so many people are more concerned about this group’s political leanings. How about we all just categorically condemn this group of crazies rather than trying to distance our favorite political party from them?

I completely agree that we need to denounce all of these crazies regardless of political leaning. But I hate to tell you this, but you started the thread by labeling them as right wing and then you tried to attach them to Trump - and more than once.

Back to my question above, if you really believe that we should be focused on condemning these crazies rather than distancing our party from them, wasn’t Whitmer’s comments out of line? Shouldn’t Whitmer issue a correction?

I do need to comment on the Breitbart piece. Breitbart was referencing information directly from the liberal Washington Post. I would link the Post article, but it is behind a pay wall.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:17 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I mean.....

I completely agree that we need to denounce all of these crazies regardless of political leaning. But I hate to tell you this, but you started the thread by labeling them as right wing and then you tried to attach them to Trump - and more than once.

Back to my question above, if you really believe that we should be focused on condemning these crazies rather than distancing our party from them, wasn’t Whitmer’s comments out of line? Shouldn’t Whitmer issue a correction?

I do need to comment on the Breitbart piece. Breitbart was referencing information directly from the liberal Washington Post. I would link the Post article, but it is behind a pay wall.
They are right wing. That’s a fact. I didn’t say they were republican. There’s still a difference between far right crazies and republicans, right?

As for Whitmer, it was her life that was being threatened, not sure why folks are trying to demonize her. Strange times.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:43 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

They are right wing. That’s a fact. I didn’t say they were republican. There’s still a difference between far right crazies and republicans, right?

As for Whitmer, it was her life that was being threatened, not sure why folks are trying to demonize her. Strange times.
Strange times indeed. Whitmer blames Trump, yet Trump had nothing to do with this group. Why do you think Whitmer should not correct her comments about Trump? She lied.

Additionally with Whitmer, don’t you think she politicized this whole thing by blaming Trump? You are the one who said that we should not be blaming parties. Don’t you think Whitmer was the one who did that?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:44 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Strange times indeed. Whitmer blames Trump, yet Trump had nothing to do with this group. Why do you think Whitmer should not correct her comments about Trump? She lied.

Additionally with Whitmer, don’t you think she politicized this whole thing by blaming Trump? You are the one who said that we should not be blaming parties. Don’t you think Whitmer was the one who did that?
Whitmer didn't say Trump was associated with the Michigan Militia. She said Trumps rhetoric encourages militias. A lot of people agree with that statement, even many Republicans.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:35 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:44 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Whitmer didn't say Trump was associated with the Michigan Militia. She said Trumps rhetoric encourages militias. A lot of people agree with that statement, even many Republicans.
Whitmer said that President Donald Trump is "complicit" in what happened because he has not denounced right-wing hate groups. Just a couple of days earlier, Trump went on national prime time TV and unilaterally denounced all forms of racism. It was an undeniable statement. Don’t you think her statement was misleading?