President Trump Joins Rush Limbaugh in Largest Ever Virtual Rally

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: President Trump Joins Rush Limbaugh in Largest Ever Virtual Rally

Post by Rich K » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:33 am

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:13 am

Trump's rally sounded like a real fun time... Glad his people put the same amount of effort planning the rally as they have for battling COVID.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hu ... d_nn_tw_np

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:56 am

Don’t have to worry about handling crowds at Biden campaign events. Maybe 30 attendees at his Warm Springs, GA event yesterday. That is some serious enthusiasm.

And half those chairs are empty!!

Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:20 pm

On some of your posts I can’t decide if you’re trying to be cute, funny, and satirical or if you're really that stupid and disingenuous. This post of yours is a real beauty.
I don’t know when the picture was taken but do notice that no-one is at the podium. You don’t suppose that picture was taken long before Mr. Biden was scheduled to speak do you? Nice cherry pick!

Granted the methodology the Biden campaign is using regarding limiting attendance at their campaign gatherings and speeches is very unconventional and doesn’t make for a visual that conveys great enthusiasm for the campaign. Given their very different personal styles, along with the vastly divergent approaches to the pandemic these two campaigns have, I’ll use other metrics to judge enthusiasm for each campaign. You can use whatever you want but frankly you remind me of Sean Spicer talking about inaugural crowds PERIOD. :lol:

Honest question: What do you see as being the best way to measure enthusiasm for these campaigns and how much can enthusiasm be counted on to deliver votes?

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:09 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:20 pm
On some of your posts I can’t decide if you’re trying to be cute, funny, and satirical or if you're really that stupid and disingenuous. This post of yours is a real beauty.
I don’t know when the picture was taken but do notice that no-one is at the podium. You don’t suppose that picture was taken long before Mr. Biden was scheduled to speak do you? Nice cherry pick!

Granted the methodology the Biden campaign is using regarding limiting attendance at their campaign gatherings and speeches is very unconventional and doesn’t make for a visual that conveys great enthusiasm for the campaign. Given their very different personal styles, along with the vastly divergent approaches to the pandemic these two campaigns have, I’ll use other metrics to judge enthusiasm for each campaign. You can use whatever you want but frankly you remind me of Sean Spicer talking about inaugural crowds PERIOD. :lol:

Honest question: What do you see as being the best way to measure enthusiasm for these campaigns and how much can enthusiasm be counted on to deliver votes?
OMG.. Here is the article with the tweet in it. Here is a section from the article.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/biden- ... utType=amp
Biden spoke to a very small crowd in Warm Springs, where a handful of guests sat in white painted circles to social distance. His caravan was greeted by dozens of Trump supporters who lined the nearby streets.
Over 20,000 people showed up at the Trump event in Omaha. As some type of slight to the Trump team, Butcher posts an article that about 30 people were treated for exposure to cold. Yet you take issue with me posting a picture showing about 30 people in attendance at a Biden event! Nice cherry pick! Based in your past posts, I understand that you are a Biden supporter, but I was only responding Butch’s ridiculous post.

As far as enthusiasm, if you judge by rallies, it is by far a Trump runaway. However, that is probably not a great measure as Biden is not seeking large crowds. There does seem to be a huge number of Trump rallies across the country, but you wouldn’t know about them since the media doesn’t give them much coverage. There also seems to be a LOT of Trump supporters showing up at Biden events.

If you think polls are an effective measure, take a quick look at 2016’s results. And even those crappy oils are showing a very tight race in battleground states. The ultimate measure will be the actual election, but I haven’t seen much for the Biden team to be excited about the last two weeks. Heck, Biden barely goes out and gets no questions from the few reporters allowed around him.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:09 pm
Heck, Biden barely goes out and gets no questions from the few reporters allowed around him.
You must be kidding! Here is Trump taking questions. :lol:

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:00 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:55 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Heck, Biden barely goes out and gets no questions from the few reporters allowed around him.
You must be kidding! Here is Trump taking questions. :lol:

What? Trump has made himself more accessible to the media than any other president in the history of the country. He has sat down with networks that clearly have an agenda against him and he answers all their questions.

Biden barely leaves his basement.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:00 pm

What? Trump has made himself more accessible to the media than any other president in the history of the country. He has sat down with networks that clearly have an agenda against him and he answers all their questions.
Rallies and tweets are not "accessible". How many months did we go without daily briefings from the White House? I guess you have a short memory. I also didn't realize asking Trump pertinent questions on the state of our country and fact checked when he was dishonest was an "agenda".
Last edited by The Butcher on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:53 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

OMG.. Here is the article with the tweet in it. Here is a section from the article.

Biden spoke to a very small crowd in Warm Springs, where a handful of guests sat in white painted circles to social distance. His caravan was greeted by dozens of Trump supporters who lined the nearby streets.
Over 20,000 people showed up at the Trump event in Omaha. As some type of slight to the Trump team, Butcher posts an article that about 30 people were treated for exposure to cold. Yet you take issue with me posting a picture showing about 30 people in attendance at a Biden event! Nice cherry pick! Based in your past posts, I understand that you are a Biden supporter, but I was only responding Butch’s ridiculous post.

As far as enthusiasm, if you judge by rallies, it is by far a Trump runaway. However, that is probably not a great measure as Biden is not seeking large crowds. There does seem to be a huge number of Trump rallies across the country, but you wouldn’t know about them since the media doesn’t give them much coverage. There also seems to be a LOT of Trump supporters showing up at Biden events.

If you think polls are an effective measure, take a quick look at 2016’s results. And even those crappy oils are showing a very tight race in battleground states. The ultimate measure will be the actual election, but I haven’t seen much for the Biden team to be excited about the last two weeks. Heck, Biden barely goes out and gets no questions from the few reporters allowed around him.
Thanks for posting the article (which you had no way of knowing that I'd already seen before you posted it at 11:56 today) One thing I found interesting was that the article I had read didn't have the words, "And half those chairs are empty!!" I take no issue with you posting that picture and none that you would include the tweet referencing empty chairs that wasn't in the original article. You are also free to comment about enthusiasm all you want and for whatever reason you want. I take those as the equivalent of a Donald Trump retweet. Just letting you know that as far as I could see the article you referenced wasn't focused on and didn't include a comment about enthusiasm or empty chairs. It's a good thing you're here to redirect our attention to the things that are most important.

You take the cherry picking championship of the world by only picking the polls vs. results from 2016! Here's your trophy :roll: :lol:
I would say the 2016 presidential race had a number of once in a life time bizarre and unique components that lead to the polls missing the results but yeah sure go ahead and use it as the standard because the circumstances surrounding this election are soooooo similar.

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:47 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:53 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Thanks for posting the article (which you had no way of knowing that I'd already seen before you posted it at 11:56 today) One thing I found interesting was that the article I had read didn't have the words, "And half those chairs are empty!!" I take no issue with you posting that picture and none that you would include the tweet referencing empty chairs that wasn't in the original article. You are also free to comment about enthusiasm all you want and for whatever reason you want. I take those as the equivalent of a Donald Trump retweet. Just letting you know that as far as I could see the article you referenced wasn't focused on and didn't include a comment about enthusiasm or empty chairs. It's a good thing you're here to redirect our attention to the things that are most important.

You take the cherry picking championship of the world by only picking the polls vs. results from 2016! Here's your trophy :roll: :lol:
I would say the 2016 presidential race had a number of once in a life time bizarre and unique components that lead to the polls missing the results but yeah sure go ahead and use it as the standard because the circumstances surrounding this election are soooooo similar.
Ouch! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:55 am

Well the polls were actually quite accurate regarding the popular vote, which Trump lost.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:08 am

LCH wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:55 am
Well the polls were actually quite accurate regarding the popular vote, which Trump lost.
They were accurate state-by-state, too, when you consider margin-for-error. The republicans are counting on that again.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:59 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:08 am
LCH wrote:
They were accurate state-by-state, too, when you consider margin-for-error. The republicans are counting on that again.
GOP is also relying on limiting votes.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:39 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:59 pm
iaafan wrote:
LCH wrote:
Only from dead people and illegals. :lol:

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Thanks for the laugh. YOU ARE MAD BECAUSE I POSTED THAT HALF THE CHAIRS ARE EMPTY! :lol: :lol: :lol: Everything single thing I posted above was 100% accurate, but you don’t like the result. Your post is a good representation of the liberal left today: I don’t like the results so I am going to change the rules (electoral college, SCOTUS, mail in ballots, etc).

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:12 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:59 pm
iaafan wrote:
LCH wrote:
OMG. You guys are hilarious. I guess we will see on Tuesday. If Biden does win, we will have Kamala in charge within 2 years. What a joke..

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:46 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:09 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Thanks for the laugh. YOU ARE MAD BECAUSE I POSTED THAT HALF THE CHAIRS ARE EMPTY! :lol: :lol: :lol: Everything single thing I posted above was 100% accurate, but you don’t like the result. Your post is a good representation of the liberal left today: I don’t like the results so I am going to change the rules (electoral college, SCOTUS, mail in ballots, etc).
Wow your response here is so off base that it makes me wonder if you meant to respond to some other post in some other thread. Just in case you did intend to respond to my post, I'm not mad at all. I meant and stand by everything I wrote but will confess that with each sentence I was taking a bit more pleasure in needling you for what you have been posting and how you've been doing it. By the looks of how you yelled back at me it would appear that I hit a nerve, upset you, maybe even made you mad. :lol: :lol: :lol: That really wasn't my intent so please accept my apology. Before your last post I thought we were having a pretty good back and forth banter and discussion but it looks to me like you've turned a corner now and having seen how many of your discussions end up on this board I'll probably bow out now before you completely go around the bend.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:48 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:46 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:09 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Wow your response here is so off base that it makes me wonder if you meant to respond to some other post in some other thread. Just in case you did intend to respond to my post, I'm not mad at all. I meant and stand by everything I wrote but will confess that with each sentence I was taking a bit more pleasure in needling you for what you have been posting and how you've been doing it. By the looks of how you yelled back at me it would appear that I hit a nerve, upset you, maybe even made you mad. :lol: :lol: :lol: That really wasn't my intent so please accept my apology. Before your last post I thought we were having a pretty good back and forth banter and discussion but it looks to me like you've turned a corner now and having seen how many of your discussions end up on this board I'll probably bow out now before you completely go around the bend.
Oh come on now Joe... please don’t go away mad! It made me laugh!!! You were mad because I posted that half the chairs are empty. That is really funny.

And your response really does blow me away. You asked a couple of questions that I answered and you accuse me of cherry picking... Instead of actually discussing the response, you throw that out. This has become common theme with the left lately, and I gave a couple examples. Take that however you want, but it is true.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:34 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:

I came across this tonight. It centers on liberal left filmmaker Michael Moore’s opinion on enthusiasm for the candidates. He shared his concern weeks ago and reiterated them today.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/michael-m ... dercounted
Back in August, the Oscar-winning documentarian warned Democrats about the enthusiasm gap between the Biden base and the Trump base. 

"I’m warning you almost 10 weeks in advance. The enthusiasm level for the 60 million in Trump’s base is OFF THE CHARTS! For Joe, not so much," Moore wrote in a Facebook post. "Don’t leave it to the Democrats to get rid of Trump. YOU have to get rid of Trump. WE have to wake up every day for the next 67 days and make sure each of us are going to get a hundred people out to vote. ACT NOW!"