Marc Racicot supporting Biden.

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Marc Racicot supporting Biden.

Post by wbtfg » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:34 am

Former Montana Governor and former chair of the RNC is voting for Biden.

“I regret that I will cause consternation perhaps in some corners, but even as a Republican, I will not be supporting Donald Trump for president, and I will not be voting for him," Racicot said. "That means I will be voting for Joe Biden for president. … I'm not going to march lockstep with him every step of the way or with the administration. I'll have disagreements, I'm certain. But the content of a man's character or a woman's character to serve in that capacity is more important than any other issue that I have to consider as a matter of conscience." “

🗣🗣“THE CONTENT OF A MAN’S CHARACTER OR WOMAN’S CHARACTER TO SERVE IN THAT CAPACITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OTHER ISSUE”

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Marc Racicot supporting Biden.

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:58 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:34 am

“I regret that I will cause consternation perhaps in some corners, but even as a Republican, I will not be supporting Donald Trump for president, and I will not be voting for him," Racicot said. "That means I will be voting for Joe Biden for president. … I'm not going to march lockstep with him every step of the way or with the administration. I'll have disagreements, I'm certain. But the content of a man's character or a woman's character to serve in that capacity is more important than any other issue that I have to consider as a matter of conscience." “

🗣🗣“THE CONTENT OF A MAN’S CHARACTER OR WOMAN’S CHARACTER TO SERVE IN THAT CAPACITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OTHER ISSUE”
Cool. My sentiments exactly. I voted for Racicot both times he won governor. He had, and still has, a lot of pull around Montana. Trump leads Montana by 7 points as of Sept. 15. I bet this changes that number, but not enough to put Biden ahead. It'll be interesting to see next poll.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:26 pm

wbtfg wrote:

Racicot made a big production out of not supporting Trump in 2016. How is this different or some sort of new revelation? Trump has also lost the support of the people us Democrats refer to as war criminals, George Bush and Colin Powell. Should us sane people mock and ridicule that?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Marc was also on the Democratic ticket early in his career. He switched to Republican either after or before he was MT AG.
Obviously a very moderate guy either way (which is good!)

coloradocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coloradocat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:15 pm

wbtfg wrote:
I'll have disagreements, I'm certain. But the content of a man's character or a woman's character to serve in that capacity is more important than any other issue that I have to consider as a matter of conscience."
So he's ok supporting someone that he probably thinks is wrong on most issues as long as that person doesn't constantly act like a jackass in public? I'd respect him a lot more if he just said he's not voting for Trump and that he's sitting out the election because nobody else has a platform he agrees with. He's part of the establishment though so this isn't surprising.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcr-MPCJKc

seataccat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:17 pm

Marc Racicot is a corporatist just like Biden. I'm sure he supports Trumps policies but he can see the writing on the wall. It's just the beginning of the rats jumping ship.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:30 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:35 pm
Marc was also on the Democratic ticket early in his career. He switched to Republican either after or before he was MT AG.
Obviously a very moderate guy either way (which is good!)
yes, definitely a moderate. I believe he won his re-election as governor with 80% of the vote, or something crazy like that. He was also on the short list to be tabbed as VP or AG under George W.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:46 pm

Racicot holds the single game assist record at Carroll College. I questioned it publicly in the Helena IR (received hate mail for that) due to the fact that Carroll scored something like 73 points in the game and he's credited with something like 23 assists. In a typical game there's about one assist per three baskets. So even if Carroll scored 72 of its points on 36 made shots (no 3s back then), that means Racicot assisted on nearly two of three baskets, double the average. It's a little bit of a stretch. Good hoop player though. I played against him in a politicians vs. media game at CC one time. He was calling fouls and complaining (law degree) to the refs all game. I calmly went for my usual 30-10-10-2. Points-rebounds-assists-cheerleaders and didn't pay all that much attention to his chirping.

His family lived up in the Mansion District in Helena, which is drunk with democrats, so I'm not surprised he was a democrat back in the day.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:49 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:46 pm
Racicot holds the single game assist record at Carroll College. I questioned it publicly in the Helena IR (received hate mail for that) due to the fact that Carroll scored something like 73 points in the game and he's credited with something like 23 assists. In a typical game there's about one assist per three baskets. So even if Carroll scored 72 of its points on 36 made shots (no 3s back then), that means Racicot assisted on nearly two of three baskets, double the average. It's a little bit of a stretch. Good hoop player though. I played against him in a politicians vs. media game at CC one time. He was calling fouls and complaining (law degree) to the refs all game. I calmly went for my usual 30-10-10-2. Points-rebounds-assists-cheerleaders and didn't pay all that much attention to his chirping.

His family lived up in the Mansion District in Helena, which is drunk with democrats, so I'm not surprised he was a democrat back in the day.
This is such a great post.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 pm

TomCat88 wrote:

He actually lived in the valley prior to being elected Gov--2 houses down from me. Good people.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:37 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

He actually lived in the valley prior to being elected Gov--2 houses down from me. Good people.
By family I meant his parents and younger siblings. He had a younger brother that went to my high school. A year behind me I think.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber