Transition of Power

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Transition of Power

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:47 am

"thank god we elected the guy who is going to tear America apart and whip his unhinged worshipers into a violent frenzy when he loses in November, and not the lady who was careless with three emails, because that would have been so bad for our democracy. we really dodged a bullet"

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:06 am

LCH wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:14 pm
Conceding an election and transferring power are two different things. Power was most assuredly transferred. Are you referring to the fact that the Democrats maintain that Trump didn't win the popular vote?
I have no idea what these posts are supposed to mean. Obama didn't hole-up in the White House after the election. Hilary didn't refuse the results of the election. This is more of the same, making excuses for Trump's brazen attack on our democracy by deflection.

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:15 am

Sorry, I was responding to Rickrunds post that the Democrats had not conceded the 2016 election.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:33 am

LCH wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:15 am
Sorry, I was responding to Rickrunds post that the Democrats had not conceded the 2016 election.
There is a bit of the "he's not my president" going around...

coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by coachouert » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:18 am

RickRund wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:33 am
LCH wrote:
Because that didn’t happen at all when Obama was president, right?

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:26 pm

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Hey Trump, promise us you'll transfer power peacefully, because peace is what we want!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:55 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:47 am
"thank god we elected the guy who is going to tear America apart and whip his unhinged worshipers into a violent frenzy when he loses in November, and not the lady who was careless with three emails, because that would have been so bad for our democracy. we really dodged a bullet"
Are you quoting yourself or some projecting lunatic leftist from your twitter feed?

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:59 am

coachouert wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:18 am
RickRund wrote:
LCH wrote:
Yes, you are, by in large, correct. I don’t remember the GOP boycotting O’s inauguration, boycotting his SOTU addresses (ONE congressman shouting “you lie” accepted), trying to ram a shame impeachment trial through, “mostly peaceful” anti Obama protests, & Bush weaponizing his DOJ/FBI to knee cap candidate & then President Obama and his administration on a lie. See congresswoman Maxine Waters (D) and what has come out of her vile mouth.

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:23 am

Trump reaps what he sows. He is such a wretched human being that many cannot respect him. Remember one of his more famous declarations that he could stand in the middle of Times Square and shoot someone and get away with it?

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:51 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:59 am
coachouert wrote:
RickRund wrote:
LCH wrote:
Yes, you are, by in large, correct. I don’t remember the GOP boycotting O’s inauguration, boycotting his SOTU addresses (ONE congressman shouting “you lie” accepted), trying to ram a shame impeachment trial through, “mostly peaceful” anti Obama protests, & Bush weaponizing his DOJ/FBI to knee cap candidate & then President Obama and his administration on a lie. See congresswoman Maxine Waters (D) and what has come out of her vile mouth.
One Democratic moment that stands out in my mind was Pelosi’s behavior at the state of the Union. Her tearing up of the speech and the condescending “golf clap” at the end showed an unconscionable lack of respect. If Trump did that, it would be headlines around the world.

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:51 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
coachouert wrote:
RickRund wrote:
LCH wrote:
One Democratic moment that stands out in my mind was Pelosi’s behavior at the state of the Union. Her tearing up of the speech and the condescending “golf clap” at the end showed an unconscionable lack of respect. If Trump did that, it would be headlines around the world.
Trump never shows lack of respect to anyone, right? The way he spoke of Senator McCain and his sneering statement that he liked people that weren't captured aimed at a man who endured years of mistreatment by the North Vietnamese in a war the coward Trump avoided by claiming "bone spurs" is telling of the man's character. Respect is earned, Trump hasn't earned it.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:50 pm

LCH wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
coachouert wrote:
RickRund wrote:
LCH wrote:
Trump never shows lack of respect to anyone, right? The way he spoke of Senator McCain and his sneering statement that he liked people that weren't captured aimed at a man who endured years of mistreatment by the North Vietnamese in a war the coward Trump avoided by claiming "bone spurs" is telling of the man's character. Respect is earned, Trump hasn't earned it.
This was the State of the Union. Talk about being unprofessional and antagonistic. I have stated many times that Trump is a man with many character flaws. You won’t find me defending Trump for his comments on McCain. But it amazes me how Democrats will defend Pelosi, Schumer, AOC and Schiff for making equally childish and demeaning comments.

And by the way, Trump was voted president of the US by millions of people. Doesn’t that alone earn him some respect?

BozoneCat
Member # Retired

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Pelosi is equally as awful as Trump. Can we scrap both of them?!

GO CATS GO!!!

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:22 pm

I don't like Pelosi or Schumer and don't respect them either. Being voted into a position doesn't earn respect, your actions do. Unfortunately Trump has a way of dragging others down to his level and his opponents should resist going into that cesspool.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:31 pm

LCH wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:22 pm
I don't like Pelosi or Schumer and don't respect them either. Being voted into a position doesn't earn respect, your actions do. Unfortunately Trump has a way of dragging others down to his level and his opponents should resist going into that cesspool.
Somehow Trump gets blamed for starting everything. Did you ever think that having a reasonable relationship with the Democratic Party was impossible because of toxic approach of those awful leaders. Here is a great example. But somehow people blame Trump stuff like this.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3548365001

BozoneCat
Member # Retired

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:31 pm
LCH wrote:
Somehow Trump gets blamed for starting everything. Did you ever think that having a reasonable relationship with the Democratic Party was impossible because of toxic approach of those awful leaders. Here is a great example. But somehow people blame Trump stuff like this.

Leadership starts at the top. Trump came out guns-a-blazing from Day 1, and has never backed down from anything he’s said or done, even after being proven blatantly wrong. He’s never once extended any kind of olive branch to anyone (well, maybe Putin) on the other side of the aisle. That’s not absolving the Dems either, but I think it needs to start with the guy sitting in the big chair.

GO CATS GO!!!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:45 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:03 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:31 pm
LCH wrote:

Leadership starts at the top. Trump came out guns-a-blazing from Day 1, and has never backed down from anything he’s said or done, even after being proven blatantly wrong. He’s never once extended any kind of olive branch to anyone (well, maybe Putin) on the other side of the aisle. That’s not absolving the Dems either, but I think it needs to start with the guy sitting in the big chair.
Trump is never held to the same standard as others. Hell, his followers don't hold Trump to any standards at all!