BLM - good ideas?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Rich K » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:07 pm

BLM across the pond:

"Black lives do matter, of course they do," the minister said. "But we know that the Black Lives Matter movement — capital B.L.M. — is political. I know this, because at the height of the protests, I have been told of white Black Lives Matter protesters calling — and I'm afraid ... I apologize for saying this word — calling a black armed police officer guarding downing street a 'pet n*****.

"That is why we do not endorse that movement on this side of the House," Badenoch reiterated. "It is a political movement, and what would be nice, would be for members on the opposite side to condemn many of the actions that we see this political movement, instead of pretending that it is completely wholesome anti-racist organization, that there is a lot of pernicious stuff that is being pushed and we stand against that."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:08 am

Rich K wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:07 pm
BLM across the pond:

"Black lives do matter, of course they do," the minister said. "But we know that the Black Lives Matter movement — capital B.L.M. — is political. I know this, because at the height of the protests, I have been told of white Black Lives Matter protesters calling — and I'm afraid ... I apologize for saying this word — calling a black armed police officer guarding downing street a 'pet n*****.

"That is why we do not endorse that movement on this side of the House," Badenoch reiterated. "It is a political movement, and what would be nice, would be for members on the opposite side to condemn many of the actions that we see this political movement, instead of pretending that it is completely wholesome anti-racist organization, that there is a lot of pernicious stuff that is being pushed and we stand against that."
Critical Race Theory is a terrible idea...

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:28 pm

How about this for a good idea: We can use Antifa/BLM to triage incoming patients to the Emergency room. Good idea, right?

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 pm

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:39 am

Rich K wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 pm
Good for Mr. Straka for calling out the BLM movement what it mostly is =D^

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:00 am

You guys know I am a conservative, but there is still racial inequality in our country. Straka’s facts are correct and he makes a strong argument that this isn’t about bad policemen. The BLM movement should be focused on why the black community is struggling and what barriers they encounter. For example, why does predominantly black Baltimore schools have no students that score proficiently on standardized tests? These problems need to be addressed and BLM would be a great way of moving that bar.

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:03 am

It's been a month since the OP asked for good ideas that have come from the BLM. The best idea is that BLM would be a great way to help educate students in predominately black areas. That would be wonderful and a fantastic idea that I would wholeheartedly endorse. Bravo!

However, that is not what BLM is or does. Wishing or imagining that BLM is a useful organization is just that. Wishful thinking.

You know what they say, wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first. BLM is crap.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 am

Rich K wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:03 am
It's been a month since the OP asked for good ideas that have come from the BLM. The best idea is that BLM would be a great way to help educate students in predominately black areas. That would be wonderful and a fantastic idea that I would wholeheartedly endorse. Bravo!

However, that is not what BLM is or does. Wishing or imagining that BLM is a useful organization is just that. Wishful thinking.

You know what they say, wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first. BLM is crap.
Come on Rich. I don’t think that is necessarily true. The BLM organization has looked like a radical group at times by justifying riots and looting as reparations. However, the BLM organization and the BLM movement should be differentiated. The BLM movement is legitimate as many good people are simply seeking racial equality. That should be supported. The BLM movement needs some good leadership that can elaborate their challenges and work on solutions for implementation.

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:58 am

“What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want them? Now!”

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:23 pm

Time to give 15% to BLM, who's in?

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:44 am

What you think, should we make this "bitch" famous?

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:19 am

Oh yeah? Your mama!

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:41 pm

Wow. The great ideas of BLM roll out on a daily basis.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:21 am

Rich K wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Wow. The great ideas of BLM roll out on a daily basis.

Loving those classy protesters...

They continue to play stupid games and win prizes they didn't expect.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Gee, I wonder how "some" of them got that way? I'm not an eye-for-an-eye person, and while I can't force my morals on anyone, I can sure understand why they get upset.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:31 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Gee, I wonder how "some" of them got that way? I'm not an eye-for-an-eye person, and while I can't force my morals on anyone, I can sure understand why they get upset.
This was ignorant by this man. And a lot of people spoke up and denounced this guys actions way back in July when it occurred.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:31 pm
iaafan wrote:

This was ignorant by this man. And a lot of people spoke up and denounced this guys actions way back in July when it occurred.
Not a lot of people on BN.com did. You don’t typically see a lot of compassion from the right either when these things happen regardless of how close to home they are.

viewtopic.php?t=49020

Similar to when our own Jessie Jones had to absorb racist email. Very few people here spoke up.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:29 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Not a lot of people on BN.com did. You don’t typically see a lot of compassion from the right either when these things happen regardless of how close to home they are.

viewtopic.php?t=49020

Similar to when our own Jessie Jones had to absorb racist email. Very few people here spoke up.
I spoke up and denounced both. So when an example is posted showing the liberal left doing something despicable, do you always speak up? I posted an incident the other day where liberals were throwing rocks and objects at a Trump parade and where those liberals assaulted an innocent family. I don’t recall you speaking up.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:05 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:29 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=49020

I spoke up and denounced both. So when an example is posted showing the liberal left doing something despicable, do you always speak up? I posted an incident the other day where liberals were throwing rocks and objects at a Trump parade and where those liberals assaulted an innocent family. I don’t recall you speaking up.
Oh yeah, that’s right. I never thought about it that way. Good point.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:54 pm

Just some folks prepping for the hordes of trick-or-treaters knocking on their door!