BLM - good ideas?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:08 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:45 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:23 pm
iaafan wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:11 am
arvcat2 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:57 pm
Rich K wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:02 pm
This is what is calling the shots in the democrat party these days.

Those 100’s of thousands of irredeemable and deplorable Trump supporters who were rioting all day in DC provoked these peaceful BLM/Antifa counter protesters and they had it coming to’em. Right iaafan & Masterbutcher?
Nope. You’re way off. ^^Anyone^^ breaking laws should be arrested.
Wait a second... back in June you said that tearing down statues was okay? You said that riots are a small price to pay for getting rid of racism. Are you now saying all of that is no longer acceptable? Those are clearly breaking the law.

And by the way, in my quick search, you regularly attack people, yet now you are the “supreme judge” of what is acceptable. Here is a nice little piece you posted back in June. And there are many more...

Iaa post from June 16: “I could use your faux inability to read, and ask you if you're aren't willing to spend $9 to pay for this loss of property, but I don't want to play that pukey little stupid game. I believe you would and that anyone civilized would as well.”
Yep, that's true. But I also said they should be arrested if they break the law. People should be arrested for breaking the law, but I'm sure that's a small price for them for the satisfaction of tearing down a racist statue. A governor or president could grant them clemency and I'd be okay with that too.

You're the one who laid down the law on attacking people personally on the board. I agreed and stopped. You changed my ways, and I thank you for that. Please take your own advice. That's all I ask. I've stated this previously.

Apparently you haven't thought this through. Yes, I still think we should chip in to pay for the loss of property and that you would chip in to do so. I feel that the property owners should be compensated in some way for their loss. Are you saying you think they should wait until the people that trashed their property have the money to pay for it? I think that's a bad idea. I think those people should be punished, but waiting for them to pay off the property damage would take to long and create further hardship for the business owner. I'll be surprised if you don't agree.
Aren’t you asking for both by arresting people for property damage, but then you are also okay with letting people go for damage to property? Aren’t those two contrary to each other?

As for compensating victims of the rioting, I am 100% in favor of that. But I don’t believe that was not the point of your post. Didn’t you say that the damage of the riots was a small price to pay to eliminate racism? While that sounds like a reasonable trade, I am sure that the people who lost their livelihood on the riots would disagree strongly. I also think that rioting hurts any cause.

As for attacking people, you still do it regularly. You call a large portion of this country racist, uneducated and immoral just because they belong to a certain party. That is a not direct attack on an individual, but you can expect people to respond back to you in a similar manner.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:19 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:08 am
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Rich K wrote:

Those 100’s of thousands of irredeemable and deplorable Trump supporters who were rioting all day in DC provoked these peaceful BLM/Antifa counter protesters and they had it coming to’em. Right iaafan & Masterbutcher?
Wait a second... back in June you said that tearing down statues was okay? You said that riots are a small price to pay for getting rid of racism. Are you now saying all of that is no longer acceptable? Those are clearly breaking the law.

And by the way, in my quick search, you regularly attack people, yet now you are the “supreme judge” of what is acceptable. Here is a nice little piece you posted back in June. And there are many more...

Iaa post from June 16: “I could use your faux inability to read, and ask you if you're aren't willing to spend $9 to pay for this loss of property, but I don't want to play that pukey little stupid game. I believe you would and that anyone civilized would as well.”
Yep, that's true. But I also said they should be arrested if they break the law. People should be arrested for breaking the law, but I'm sure that's a small price for them for the satisfaction of tearing down a racist statue. A governor or president could grant them clemency and I'd be okay with that too.

You're the one who laid down the law on attacking people personally on the board. I agreed and stopped. You changed my ways, and I thank you for that. Please take your own advice. That's all I ask. I've stated this previously.

Apparently you haven't thought this through. Yes, I still think we should chip in to pay for the loss of property and that you would chip in to do so. I feel that the property owners should be compensated in some way for their loss. Are you saying you think they should wait until the people that trashed their property have the money to pay for it? I think that's a bad idea. I think those people should be punished, but waiting for them to pay off the property damage would take to long and create further hardship for the business owner. I'll be surprised if you don't agree.
Aren’t you asking for both by arresting people for property damage, but then you are also okay with letting people go for damage to property? Aren’t those two contrary to each other?

As for compensating victims of the rioting, I am 100% in favor of that. But I don’t believe that was not the point of your post. Didn’t you say that the damage of the riots was a small price to pay to eliminate racism? While that sounds like a reasonable trade, I am sure that the people who lost their livelihood on the riots would disagree strongly. I also think that rioting hurts any cause.

As for attacking people, you still do it regularly. You call a large portion of this country racist, uneducated and immoral just because they belong to a certain party. That is a not direct attack on an individual, but you can expect people to respond back to you in a similar manner.
No, people should not just be let go if they break the law.

The damage is a small price to pay to eliminate racism. They people who lost their livelihoods should be compensated and have their businesses returned to their previous state. Rioting is a bad way to advance a cause.

There is a large portion of the country that is racist, uneducated and immoral. That's not an attack, it's a fact. Those people reside on both sides, but are predominantly on the right. I'll always point out groups or subsets of groups that are racist and immoral. I'll cut the uneducated some slack because for a lot of them it is systemic. Racism and immorality have no place in this country. If someone on the left is being racist or immoral, I don't disagree with anyone saying so. If there were such a thing as Black Supremacy and they aligned themselves with the left, I'd denounce them.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:25 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Rich K wrote:

The damage is a small price to pay to eliminate racism. They people who lost their livelihoods should be compensated and have their businesses returned to their previous state. Rioting is a bad way to advance a cause.

There is a large portion of the country that is racist, uneducated and immoral. That's not an attack, it's a fact. Those people reside on both sides, but are predominantly on the right. I'll always point out groups or subsets of groups that are racist and immoral. I'll cut the uneducated some slack because for a lot of them it is systemic. Racism and immorality have no place in this country. If someone on the left is being racist or immoral, I don't disagree with anyone saying so. If there were such a thing as Black Supremacy and they aligned themselves with the left, I'd denounce them.
How about Louis Farrakhan?

And do you realize that the vast majority of people on the right denounce racism?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:25 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Rich K wrote:

How about Louis Farrakhan?

And do you realize that the vast majority of people on the right denounce racism?
No to Louis and the SPLC has him on their list.

Yes, I realize that.

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:52 am

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Rich K wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:52 am
Wow.

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:00 am

I wonder where he got this idea?

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 pm

Illuminating interview with Andy Ngo

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:16 pm

And more destruction in Portland. The Mexican Embassy, a government building and a Chase Bank.