BLM - good ideas?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3469
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: God's Country

BLM - good ideas?

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:07 am

What good ideas have you heard from the BLM movement? I'm always interested in differing opinions, has there been a platform or suggestions on how to improve the lives of black Americans? Or is just centered around police violence against black individuals?


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:17 am

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:26 pm

All you have to do is read their site. BLM is a racist-Marxist-Leninist-Communist organization hell bent on the destruction of the United States government and culture. Simple. All this 'improving the lot of black Americans' is pure crap. Read. :roll: ](*,)



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:21 pm

You really have to be a fool to expect "good ideas" from these idiots.



Image

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:06 pm

BLM demonstration of "good ideas"


Image

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:39 pm

Mostly peaceful protesters shooting police officers


Image

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:49 pm

Hey anybody got a Black Lives Matter placard that I can put on my lawn? These guys have some great ideas!


Image

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by wapiti » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am

If only BLM was building hospitals and schools for these people.
Helping these people get an education, learn a trade and for these people to have and earn a livelihood.

Instead its protests, rioting and looting. It's always someone else's fault for the situation they are in. They refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Here in the USA they have opportunities to take action to improve their own lives, but they seem to refuse to take any.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5717
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:56 am

wapiti wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am
If only BLM was building hospitals and schools for these people.
Helping these people get an education, learn a trade and for these people to have and earn a livelihood.

Instead its protests, rioting and looting. It's always someone else's fault for the situation they are in. They refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Here in the USA they have opportunities to take action to improve their own lives, but they seem to refuse to take any.

If only you'd respond to your Jussie Smollett comment in the Jesse Jones thread. I'd like to know why you think Jesse is doing what Jussie did.



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3209
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:27 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:56 am
wapiti wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am
If only BLM was building hospitals and schools for these people.
Helping these people get an education, learn a trade and for these people to have and earn a livelihood.

Instead its protests, rioting and looting. It's always someone else's fault for the situation they are in. They refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Here in the USA they have opportunities to take action to improve their own lives, but they seem to refuse to take any.

If only you'd respond to your Jussie Smollett comment in the Jesse Jones thread. I'd like to know why you think Jesse is doing what Jussie did.
Wapiti should apologize for the comments in the Jessie Jones thread. They were ignorant.

However, his comments above on BLM have merit. Of BLM focused on actual projects or programs to make change, they would get much more support. They should also publicly say that rioting is not acceptable.

I support the “BLM movement” for racial equality, but the “BLM organization” itself has made comments that only spur violence and further division.



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:31 am

I would be careful to generalizing a group based on a few extremists. Black Lives Matter is not a group (so "check out their site" is pointless) but a social movement against police brutality. I would imagine most people are behind that social change, and BLM put this issue in front of America. Also, in my small Midwest town there were several people holding BLM signs during the peak of protesting and they certainly were not part of a group. However, it was a reminder that even in my small town I should be aware of racism and the impact it has on our country.

Now I could generalize too and say that the GOP fully embraces QAnon because there are several people within the party that believe in these conspiracies pedaled by these extremists.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:17 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:31 am
I would be careful to generalizing a group based on a few extremists. Black Lives Matter is not a group (so "check out their site" is pointless) but a social movement against police brutality. I would imagine most people are behind that social change, and BLM put this issue in front of America. Also, in my small Midwest town there were several people holding BLM signs during the peak of protesting and they certainly were not part of a group. However, it was a reminder that even in my small town I should be aware of racism and the impact it has on our country.

Now I could generalize too and say that the GOP fully embraces QAnon because there are several people within the party that believe in these conspiracies pedaled by these extremists.
We'd be MUCH better off if more people thought this way....



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5717
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:27 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:56 am
wapiti wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am
If only BLM was building hospitals and schools for these people.
Helping these people get an education, learn a trade and for these people to have and earn a livelihood.

Instead its protests, rioting and looting. It's always someone else's fault for the situation they are in. They refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Here in the USA they have opportunities to take action to improve their own lives, but they seem to refuse to take any.

If only you'd respond to your Jussie Smollett comment in the Jesse Jones thread. I'd like to know why you think Jesse is doing what Jussie did.
Wapiti should apologize for the comments in the Jessie Jones thread. They were ignorant.

However, his comments above on BLM have merit. Of BLM focused on actual projects or programs to make change, they would get much more support. They should also publicly say that rioting is not acceptable.

I support the “BLM movement” for racial equality, but the “BLM organization” itself has made comments that only spur violence and further division.
If you're going to say something like wapiti did and not be able to back it up, then you shouldn't be able to post about anything on this board. Jesse Jones made one of the greatest plays in MSU history and started on our '84 national title team. Jones appears to be a trusted source of news and a pillar in the community of Seattle. Wapiti is implying that Jesse made up the racist email that he got.



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3469
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: God's Country

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:46 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:18 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:27 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:56 am
wapiti wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am
If only BLM was building hospitals and schools for these people.
Helping these people get an education, learn a trade and for these people to have and earn a livelihood.

Instead its protests, rioting and looting. It's always someone else's fault for the situation they are in. They refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Here in the USA they have opportunities to take action to improve their own lives, but they seem to refuse to take any.

If only you'd respond to your Jussie Smollett comment in the Jesse Jones thread. I'd like to know why you think Jesse is doing what Jussie did.
Wapiti should apologize for the comments in the Jessie Jones thread. They were ignorant.

However, his comments above on BLM have merit. Of BLM focused on actual projects or programs to make change, they would get much more support. They should also publicly say that rioting is not acceptable.

I support the “BLM movement” for racial equality, but the “BLM organization” itself has made comments that only spur violence and further division.
If you're going to say something like wapiti did and not be able to back it up, then you shouldn't be able to post about anything on this board. Jesse Jones made one of the greatest plays in MSU history and started on our '84 national title team. Jones appears to be a trusted source of news and a pillar in the community of Seattle. Wapiti is implying that Jesse made up the racist email that he got.
I'm confused Iaa, Cataholic just said Wapiti should apologize, not sure why you needed to explain it?


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3469
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: God's Country

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:21 pm
You really have to be a fool to expect "good ideas" from these idiots.

I'm definitely not a fool. I want to understand what good ideas (if any) a group can come up with while they are captivating national attention.

This thread is not for the random posts you are throwing out, its to see the other side.


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Rich K » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:06 pm

These dumbasses have been in the public spotlight for quite some time. If they haven't been able to articulate a "good idea" in this time span you can rest assured they don't have any.

Now raise your fist and holler BLACK LIVES MATTER like a good boy.


Image

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:30 am

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Black Labs Matter.


"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5717
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:01 pm

I don't really have a problem with people not liking Black Lives Matter, but I do have a problem with people who don't think black lives matter. White lives matter, too, as do yellow, brown, red lives, but we all need to believe that black lives matter, also. Not everyone believes that. Too many people sit back and say nothing. A lot of people in this country think only white male lives matter.

Just look at the Jesse Jones thread. A former player, a Bobcat hero, receives a nasty, racist email and hardly anyone on this board posts their disdain. One person even questioned whether it actually happened. We've got a long way to go just on this board.



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Rich K » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:37 pm

Good thing these guys didn't get a nasty email.


Image

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:02 am

Here's an original BLM idea that might gain some traction. Food sharing. It's kind of like ride sharing but it's with restaurant food. It'll also help to make sure less food gets wasted. Now that's a win-win idea that comes straight from BLM!


Image

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3209
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: BLM - good ideas?

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:40 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 pm
Black Labs Matter.
This is pretty ignorant. You have expressed your “humor” on another post and you were called out for that ignorance as well. You really need to step back and re-examine exactly what you stand for. If you think it is conservative values (or even Trump), you are kidding yourself. You are being flat out ignorant.



Post Reply