Hunter Biden ..... what do you think?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: Hunter Biden ..... what do you think?

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:43 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:00 am
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:37 am
You know what is real BS? Hunter Biden Day became Eric Trump Day! Hunter had the spotlight for only a few moments and Eric had to swoop in and took the day over! I guess the Trump Organization’s subpoenas connected to tax evasion are a bigger deal. Sad.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics ... index.html

This thread of thought could have easily been put under the Hypocrisy thread.
You should take a look at what the judge Letitia James has done in the past 2 months to further the liberal and Democratic agendas. She has abused her position to make political statements for the last couple of months, such as going after the NRA. My position on guns is more progressive and closer to the left, but her recent actions are thinly veiled political statements.
Yeah... The NRA...
Since 2018, NRA executive pay has skyrocketed, money has flowed to supposedly ‘unpaid’ board members, and CEO Wayne LaPierre has reportedly used member dues to pay for millions of dollars’ worth of Italian suits and private jet trips. Meanwhile, in 2018 less than 10% of NRA funds were spent on the NRA’s supposed “core functions” of gun safety, education, and training — leaving little wonder why AG James decided the NRA ran afoul of the law.

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:27 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:43 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:00 am
The Butcher wrote:
You know what is real BS? Hunter Biden Day became Eric Trump Day! Hunter had the spotlight for only a few moments and Eric had to swoop in and took the day over! I guess the Trump Organization’s subpoenas connected to tax evasion are a bigger deal. Sad.

You should take a look at what the judge Letitia James has done in the past 2 months to further the liberal and Democratic agendas. She has abused her position to make political statements for the last couple of months, such as going after the NRA. My position on guns is more progressive and closer to the left, but her recent actions are thinly veiled political statements.
Yeah... The NRA...
Since 2018, NRA executive pay has skyrocketed, money has flowed to supposedly ‘unpaid’ board members, and CEO Wayne LaPierre has reportedly used member dues to pay for millions of dollars’ worth of Italian suits and private jet trips. Meanwhile, in 2018 less than 10% of NRA funds were spent on the NRA’s supposed “core functions” of gun safety, education, and training — leaving little wonder why AG James decided the NRA ran afoul of the law.
Yeah, Leticia James has no agenda. What a disgrace.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/22/tish-jame ... ssion/amp/
This is what an abuse of prosecutorial discretion looks like. Fairness and due process are bedrock principles of the American justice system. The president doesn’t have fewer rights than any other American citizen, and yet the left has repeatedly violated these principles as they antagonize him.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:48 pm

LCH wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:47 pm
There needs to be serious campaign finance reform. The amount of money being spent in this country this year is beyond nauseating. Give each candidate the same amount of money from some non partisan fund. No donations from PACs, no private donations from people or corporations trying to buy influence. Maybe instead of hateful rhetoric, mud slinging and flat out lying, the candidates would talk about their stance on issues in a civil manner. This goes for all political contests, not just presidential elections.

Term limits in the Senate and House also need to be enacted.

Make no mistake, money wins elections and that is dangerous for our country in the long term.
You hit the nail(s) on the head. Great post.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:52 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:32 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am
how does this make you feel to have a potential President with a son that at the very least took large amounts of money from companies he did nothing for? And at the worst was paid substantial sums on the idea that he could potentially influence his dad (which remains to be seen).
I'd say we kind of already have that situation in the current regime. Trump's kids (albeit, not through doing "nothing,") make millions while "volunteering" as members of his team, with shady deals all over the globe.

I don't like it either way. Whoever said that we pretty much need to scrap everything and start all over is right.
Definitely interested in this. Were they making millions before he became president or after? Were those companies successful before he became president or after?

Hunter's situation feels like (I don't have all the facts) that he directly profited off his dad being the VP and was paid substantial money because of his relationship to his dad. This could absolutely be proved different with facts that these companies and people were paying him or in conversation with him before the VP job.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:53 pm

The Butcher wrote:

No it couldn't have, was a direct question about an individual. Had nothing to do with your post.

You still haven't answered the original post.

BozoneCat
Member # Retired

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:59 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:52 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:32 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am
how does this make you feel to have a potential President with a son that at the very least took large amounts of money from companies he did nothing for? And at the worst was paid substantial sums on the idea that he could potentially influence his dad (which remains to be seen).
I'd say we kind of already have that situation in the current regime. Trump's kids (albeit, not through doing "nothing,") make millions while "volunteering" as members of his team, with shady deals all over the globe.

I don't like it either way. Whoever said that we pretty much need to scrap everything and start all over is right.
Definitely interested in this. Were they making millions before he became president or after? Were those companies successful before he became president or after?

Hunter's situation feels like (I don't have all the facts) that he directly profited off his dad being the VP and was paid substantial money because of his relationship to his dad. This could absolutely be proved different with facts that these companies and people were paying him or in conversation with him before the VP job.
Probably not well stated on my part. Wasn't trying to make an apples-to-apples comparison between Hunter and the Trump kids. I think Hunter is probably guilty as charged, now how much impact that has on Joe is certainly debatable, but should be open to questioning as it is a huge conflict of interest.

The Trump kids probably did make millions before their dad became president, my pure guess is that they are probably making more now as their profile has increased tenfold, thus I would assume they are able to charge more for whatever it is they do. Those companies have profited hugely because of Trump being President. I don't have the time to go through specifics, but quickly just look into his hotels and the pretty recent shady things Ivanka has been doing over with China. I think they are using their position and profile to profit hugely. Now, again, how much impact that has on Donald and policy is open to debate.

It's all shady and dirty. Politics is garbage.

GO CATS GO!!!