Hunter Biden ..... what do you think?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Hunter Biden ..... what do you think?

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am

Hunter Biden is accused of a lot of financial "improprieties". Is it enough to swing the election? Does this implicate former VP Joe Biden in corruption charges?

For those posters that are SO hard on Trump (he brings a lot of it on himself), how does this make you feel to have a potential President with a son that at the very least took large amounts of money from companies he did nothing for? And at the worst was paid substantial sums on the idea that he could potentially influence his dad (which remains to be seen).

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Hunter Biden ..... what do you think?

Post by LCH » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 am

Half of the CEOs in America take large sums of money from companies they do nothing for, is that a crime? Regarding the rest, as you pointed out, so far no proof of impropriety on Hunters behalf.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 am

That's an interesting take, would you vote for them to remain in control of those companies? I most certainly would not. Do you mean in terms of work load, or the fact that they literally don't show up to work and get paid? Or is it pay equality that you are referencing (CEO makes 25 million a year type of item).

I agree there is no solid proof, does this distort your view of the Biden's at all as it currently sits?

Did the unproven allegations against Trump distort your view of him?

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:33 am

My view of Trump isn't distorted by allegations against him since my view of him is determined by what he actually says and does.

As a longtime investor I realize that my proxy voting has almost no affect on how companies are run. All these guys sit on each others boards and vote for huge salaries and golden parachutes for each other. But if my vote did make a difference, I would not vote for them to retain control and I almost never vote for executive salary increases.

I also base my view of Biden on what he says and does, not on unproven allegations.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:58 am

The middle point is more just commentary, although part of me wishes as a shareholder we did have a say in some of the pay scales. Some of the CEO pay is crazytown.

Would this change your view of Biden if the allegations are proven?

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:15 am

There was a government report released in the last day or two that sheds additional light on Hunter Biden’s dealings. Of specific note, people in the Obama admin were aware and concerned with Hunter’s dealings yet did nothing about them.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/sen ... s-from-it/

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:20 am

Yes shareholders are screwed for sure.

Sadly both candidates have serious allegations against them and once again, if the allegations were proven regarding either or both candidates, we would again be voting for the lesser of two evils.

As an American I am saddened by the fact that we cannot seem to come up with more robust candidates in this country.

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:24 am

The "investment" that Burisma Holdings made in young Biden would have been a great deal for the company had Clinton won in 2016. Think of it as a futures contract that didn't pay off. Same thing could be said about all of the Russian "investments" in the Clinton Foundation.

When Donald Trump won the election it really messed up some grand plans.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:24 am

LCH wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:20 am

Sadly both candidates have serious allegations against them and once again, if the allegations were proven regarding either or both candidates, we would again be voting for the lesser of two evils.

As an American I am saddened by the fact that we cannot seem to come up with more robust candidates in this country.
I wish more people thought this way. Both candidates are flawed and neither should be an acceptable leader of the "free world". How have we gotten so far off base that these two idiots are the best we can do out of 320 millionish people?

Unfortunately if this is what we have I think there is a good chance it will get worse before it gets better. The US needs the center of the country (literally and figuratively) to stand up and take control, the fringe groups that are driving the media on both sides is awfully dangerous to the country as a whole.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:25 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:15 am
There was a government report released in the last day or two that sheds additional light on Hunter Biden’s dealings. Of specific note, people in the Obama admin were aware and concerned with Hunter’s dealings yet did nothing about them.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/sen ... s-from-it/
This is what got me thinking, I heard it on the radio headed in to work.

This type of thing goes on ALL THE TIME on both sides of the aisle, Republicans are just as guilty of using connections to pad their pocketbook. Makes me sick.

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:30 am

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:37 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:24 am
LCH wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:20 am

I wish more people thought this way. Both candidates are flawed and neither should be an acceptable leader of the "free world". How have we gotten so far off base that these two idiots are the best we can do out of 320 millionish people?

Unfortunately if this is what we have I think there is a good chance it will get worse before it gets better. The US needs the center of the country (literally and figuratively) to stand up and take control, the fringe groups that are driving the media on both sides is awfully dangerous to the country as a whole.
Don’t forget that Trump was largely elected because he was not the stereotypical lifelong politician. He was a new option, but unfortunately has not lived up to the potential of an outsider running Washington. Most disappointing has been Trump’s flaws in his character. I have hope that the lows we have seen will bring about a new type of leader that everyone can be proud of. I am still hoping Tim Scott will consider running in 2024.

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:47 pm

There needs to be serious campaign finance reform. The amount of money being spent in this country this year is beyond nauseating. Give each candidate the same amount of money from some non partisan fund. No donations from PACs, no private donations from people or corporations trying to buy influence. Maybe instead of hateful rhetoric, mud slinging and flat out lying, the candidates would talk about their stance on issues in a civil manner. This goes for all political contests, not just presidential elections.

Term limits in the Senate and House also need to be enacted.

Make no mistake, money wins elections and that is dangerous for our country in the long term.

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Should be in prison along with his bunk mate Joe, and many others. Crooked bastards all.

BozoneCat
Member # Retired

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:32 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am
how does this make you feel to have a potential President with a son that at the very least took large amounts of money from companies he did nothing for? And at the worst was paid substantial sums on the idea that he could potentially influence his dad (which remains to be seen).
I'd say we kind of already have that situation in the current regime. Trump's kids (albeit, not through doing "nothing,") make millions while "volunteering" as members of his team, with shady deals all over the globe.

I don't like it either way. Whoever said that we pretty much need to scrap everything and start all over is right.

GO CATS GO!!!

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:59 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:32 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am
how does this make you feel to have a potential President with a son that at the very least took large amounts of money from companies he did nothing for? And at the worst was paid substantial sums on the idea that he could potentially influence his dad (which remains to be seen).
I'd say we kind of already have that situation in the current regime. Trump's kids (albeit, not through doing "nothing,") make millions while "volunteering" as members of his team, with shady deals all over the globe.

I don't like it either way. Whoever said that we pretty much need to scrap everything and start all over is right.
Don’t you think that is pretty harsh? I would say that there is a huge difference between the Trump kids and Hunter Biden.

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:34 pm

Why?

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Joe Biden.... what do you drink?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:37 am

You know what is real BS? Hunter Biden Day became Eric Trump Day! Hunter had the spotlight for only a few moments and Eric had to swoop in and took the day over! I guess the Trump Organization’s subpoenas connected to tax evasion are a bigger deal. Sad.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics ... index.html

This thread of thought could have easily been put under the Hypocrisy thread.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:00 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:37 am
You know what is real BS? Hunter Biden Day became Eric Trump Day! Hunter had the spotlight for only a few moments and Eric had to swoop in and took the day over! I guess the Trump Organization’s subpoenas connected to tax evasion are a bigger deal. Sad.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics ... index.html

This thread of thought could have easily been put under the Hypocrisy thread.
You should take a look at what the judge Letitia James has done in the past 2 months to further the liberal and Democratic agendas. She has abused her position to make political statements for the last couple of months, such as going after the NRA. My position on guns is more progressive and closer to the left, but her recent actions are thinly veiled political statements.