Jesse Jones target of racist

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jesse Jones target of racist

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:04 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:34 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:18 am
KittieKop wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 pm
:coffee: Looks like Tom finally got the discussion he was fishing for.
I posted this because I wanted to show Jesse that people here have his back and support him.

I’ve learned that not very many people care and at least one possibly doesn’t even believe him.

This has been a real eye opener for me.
I am sure that 99.9% of Montanan’s have Jesse’s back. I certainly do. However the lack of posts on this topic probably have more to do with the occasional toxic nature on this board. A comment opens you up to criticism and some people just don’t want that even though they are anonymous. I think we need to be vocal on such matters, but we shouldn’t read too much into a limited number of posts.
99.9% of Montanans do not have Jesse’s back. Looking the other way is not having someone’s back. Your comment about the occasional toxic nature/comments open you up to criticism on this board makes no sense to me, please explain further.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:15 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:04 am
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
I posted this because I wanted to show Jesse that people here have his back and support him.

I’ve learned that not very many people care and at least one possibly doesn’t even believe him.

I am sure that 99.9% of Montanan’s have Jesse’s back. I certainly do. However the lack of posts on this topic probably have more to do with the occasional toxic nature on this board. A comment opens you up to criticism and some people just don’t want that even though they are anonymous. I think we need to be vocal on such matters, but we shouldn’t read too much into a limited number of posts.
99.9% of Montanans do not have Jesse’s back. Looking the other way is not having someone’s back. Your comment about the occasional toxic nature/comments open you up to criticism on this board makes no sense to me, please explain further.
There are probably 1,000+ users registered with this board. Maybe 30 are regular posters. There is a reason a lot more don’t post. My theory is the number of threads that turn into bickering and personal attacks.

I am like you and believe that everyone should be more vocal on issues like this, but not everyone is comfortable in that role. Many are content to be observers. Did you see the video of the mother at a football game that refused to wear a mask? She refused to leave so the security guard tased her. There was a crowd of onlookers and not one person came to her defense. She was wrong to not wear a mask, but using a taser was excessive force. I don’t think anybody agreed with security’s use of the taser, but no one jumped to intervene.

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:15 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:04 am
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

There are probably 1,000+ users registered with this board. Maybe 30 are regular posters. There is a reason a lot more don’t post. My theory is the number of threads that turn into bickering and personal attacks.

I am like you and believe that everyone should be more vocal on issues like this, but not everyone is comfortable in that role. Many are content to be observers. Did you see the video of the mother at a football game that refused to wear a mask? She refused to leave so the security guard tased her. There was a crowd of onlookers and not one person came to her defense. She was wrong to not wear a mask, but using a taser was excessive force. I don’t think anybody agreed with security’s use of the taser, but no one jumped to intervene.
Not sure I follow,

A security man used excessive force and no one said anything.
A racist was being racist and no one said anything.

And that makes everything okay because not everyone is comfortable in that role of speaking up when they see someone being wronged? Not everyone, as in hardly anyone. But that does explain a lot of the atrocities that have occurred in the history of mankind, which in turn explains why people should be speaking up.

As for the woman, if she had been black, a lot of people would've spoken up and said the tasing was okay since the security guard must've felt threatened or he wouldn't have tased her.