Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:44 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:52 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:50 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:05 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:44 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:31 am
Rich K wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:32 am
Makes me want to run out and put a BLM sign on my lawn.
Nice of you to share this. However, why aren't you sharing the photos of the protesters being run over by a car in Rochester, NY the same day?
Why does he need to post something on Rochester? Do you somehow think the actions in this video are okay? How did it help their cause?
:lol:
Why does he need to post this? Do you think what happened in Rochester is okay? Does running people over help their cause?

I can play this game too.
Not trying to play any game. I am genuinely interested why you think he has to post something that happened in Rochester? I thought what happened in the video was disturbing and unfortunately happening in many of our larger cities. Is what happened in the McDonald's above okay? Do you approve of how they are protesting? What if this was your business?
He doesn’t have to. I’m asking him why he didn’t. How did you conclude that I was saying he has to? That’s disturbing and reminds of what Trump and right wing media does. You say something and then they twist it around. There’s no point trying to discuss anything with you anymore. It’s too much work keeping you on track.
LOL! Gotcha!!! Sorry I can’t follow your advanced level of discussion. But for the record, do you support the acts in the McDonalds above? Is that effective in their protesting? Sorry if my question is a little below your high level of mental acuity
Those are incredibly insulting questions. I’ve said long ago any crime should be punished. It appears they committed assault.

Even if these people aren’t committing a crime what they’re doing seems unjustified. I suppose if the McDonalds manager had done something to prompt them there could be a logical explanation. It appears random and unjustified, so on its face I don’t like. I think that’s the only conclusion anyone that puts any thought into can come to, hence why your questions are insulting and complete f’n BS! Go away. It’s too much work having to explain utterly simple and normal thought processes.
Then why didn’t you just post that initially instead of posting some smart ass retort? That is part of the reason you get so much flack.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:07 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:44 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:52 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:50 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:05 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:44 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:31 am
Rich K wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:32 am
Makes me want to run out and put a BLM sign on my lawn.
Nice of you to share this. However, why aren't you sharing the photos of the protesters being run over by a car in Rochester, NY the same day?
Why does he need to post something on Rochester? Do you somehow think the actions in this video are okay? How did it help their cause?
:lol:
Why does he need to post this? Do you think what happened in Rochester is okay? Does running people over help their cause?

I can play this game too.
Not trying to play any game. I am genuinely interested why you think he has to post something that happened in Rochester? I thought what happened in the video was disturbing and unfortunately happening in many of our larger cities. Is what happened in the McDonald's above okay? Do you approve of how they are protesting? What if this was your business?
He doesn’t have to. I’m asking him why he didn’t. How did you conclude that I was saying he has to? That’s disturbing and reminds of what Trump and right wing media does. You say something and then they twist it around. There’s no point trying to discuss anything with you anymore. It’s too much work keeping you on track.
LOL! Gotcha!!! Sorry I can’t follow your advanced level of discussion. But for the record, do you support the acts in the McDonalds above? Is that effective in their protesting? Sorry if my question is a little below your high level of mental acuity
Those are incredibly insulting questions. I’ve said long ago any crime should be punished. It appears they committed assault.

Even if these people aren’t committing a crime what they’re doing seems unjustified. I suppose if the McDonalds manager had done something to prompt them there could be a logical explanation. It appears random and unjustified, so on its face I don’t like. I think that’s the only conclusion anyone that puts any thought into can come to, hence why your questions are insulting and complete f’n BS! Go away. It’s too much work having to explain utterly simple and normal thought processes.
Then why didn’t you just post that initially instead of posting some smart ass retort? That is part of the reason you get so much flack.
It was, obviously, a rhetorical question. Not a smart ass retort at all. You're just doing this to be antagonizing, so I'm asking you, politely, to please leave me be.

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:51 am

Here's a rhetorical tweet direct from Rochester. With BLM actions like this, yard signs are going fast!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:53 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:51 am
Here's a rhetorical tweet direct from Rochester. With BLM actions like this, yard signs are going fast!
Family member retired from the Secret Service formerly from san fran and he was saying that about two weeks ago 500 members of the PD resigned in one weekend...

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:18 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:53 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:51 am
Family member retired from the Secret Service formerly from san fran and he was saying that about two weeks ago 500 members of the PD resigned in one weekend...
Hopefully it's just the racist Police Dept. members that are quitting.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:25 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:06 am
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 pm
Speaking of has this ever happened....

Has the US Justice Dept ever intervened on behalf of the President in a rape case? Why not just give a dna sample a quick interview and be done with it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
No. Like many things in this presidency it’s a first. Trump knows he’s toast in this case. He won’t provide DNA. This is the only way he can get away with it. The federal government can’t be sued for defamation.
This is nuts! The argument for using the US Department of Justice is that the defamation suit was made while he was running to become president! The Department said it is “within the scope” of his job as president when he said Carroll lied about the incident (from 2 decades ago), prompting her lawsuit. It could also leave taxpayers on the hook for any damages awarded in the case. I have NO idea how any American would be okay with this.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:29 pm

As mentioned before, I am no expert on the Middle East. I probably understand less than what I actually do understand. Today, the Trump administration negotiated another peace accord in the Middle East. Seems to be another step in the right direction.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... deal-peace
The leaders of Israel and Bahrain also praised Trump for "his dedication to peace in the region, his focus on shared challenges, and the pragmatic and unique approach he has taken to bringing their nations together.”

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:49 am

Time to put another BLM sign on the lawn

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:37 am

See the difference?

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:20 pm

Triggered! It's not his fault because he really wants peace.

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:55 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:37 am

See the difference?
Ohhh. Yes. I see it now. That’s cool.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:01 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:55 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:37 am

See the difference?
Ohhh. Yes. I see it now. That’s cool.
? I don’t understand?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:08 pm

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:50 pm

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:03 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:50 pm
Are you asking if a terrible accident has ever occurred before? Or just specifically a Republican or Democrat?

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:20 pm

I'd be upset if this was a deer. But it's just a dumbass.

OH MY GOD!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:03 pm
iaafan wrote:
Are you asking if a terrible accident has ever occurred before? Or just specifically a Republican or Democrat?
Has this ever happened before? That's the title of the thread anyways, so just guessing that'd be what he's asking. Do people often say they thought they hit a deer when it was actually another human being? I don't think I've ever heard of that one before, but not saying it hasn't happened.

The SD AG had six speeding tix from 2014 to 2018. A lot people, including myself, think he's probably lying, do you? But how do you prove something like that? When you hit a deer, you should mercifully go back and check to make sure it's dead, and that it isn't causing a hazard for other motorists. It's not a law. Given, that he's an AG, the fact that he didn't stay at the scene for law enforcement is suspicious. That would've been the 'by-the-book' thing to do.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:45 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Has this ever happened before? That's the title of the thread anyways, so just guessing that'd be what he's asking. Do people often say they thought they hit a deer when it was actually another human being? I don't think I've ever heard of that one before, but not saying it hasn't happened.

The SD AG had six speeding tix from 2014 to 2018. A lot people, including myself, think he's probably lying, do you? But how do you prove something like that? When you hit a deer, you should mercifully go back and check to make sure it's dead, and that it isn't causing a hazard for other motorists. It's not a law. Given, that he's an AG, the fact that he didn't stay at the scene for law enforcement is suspicious. That would've been the 'by-the-book' thing to do.
Given that iaa posted this in the GOP hypocrisy thread first combined with his history of attacking everything Republican, I would say that his purpose for posting had way more to do with politics than anything. I truly doubt that iaa would have given this article the time of day until he realized that it was a Republican involved. Of course, a Democrat would never do anything so stupid. Wait, wasn’t a Kennedy involved in some similar scandal...

Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:23 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

This is a very sad deal for sure. I have heard of a driver hitting a human and trying to claim they thought it was a deer or dog but I didn't believe them in that case and don't in this one either.
This story sounds a little bit similar to when Shane Hedges who was an aide to Gov. Judy Martz was the driver in an accident where another man was killed. If I recall correctly at first he seemed to deny his level of involvement but eventually did plead guilty to the charges that were brought against him. Hopefully the SD AG will do the right thing in this case as well. The Hedges wreck was the one where Gov. Martz thought it was a good idea to wash Hedges' bloody clothes ...

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:46 am

Changing direction for a moment. Ummm, has there been a nut job like this holding such a high post in our government?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09 ... deep-state