Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:10 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:48 am
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:14 am
I didn't bring up the Lincoln Project... I didn't tie the Lincoln Project to Democrats... I pointed out they were Republicans... Once I pointed out those facts Trump supporters get upset... But sure, you guys are right...

Positive- Biden has a plan to get us through this pandemic and we are seeing a logical rollout of a vaccination plan. My wife received her first shot today!
Take a look at who was contributing to the LP. There is a lot of liberal Democratic money.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for proving my point.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad to hear that you agree the LP is basically a liberal Democrat organization!

CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatBot » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:04 pm

LP founders were true Republican operatives and strategists that thought Trump was bad for our country. Yes, many, many, many liberals latched on when it became an effective method of eliminating Trump. What exactly are we debating here? I don't understand this exchange at all.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:54 pm

CatBot wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:04 pm
LP founders were true Republican operatives and strategists that thought Trump was bad for our country. Yes, many, many, many liberals latched on when it became an effective method of eliminating Trump. What exactly are we debating here? I don't understand this exchange at all.
Some of the liberals had touted the LP as an example of moralistic people that were banding together to fight Trump. Well it seems that those people were not so moralistic!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:08 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:54 pm
CatBot wrote:
Some of the liberals had touted the LP as an example of moralistic people that were banding together to fight Trump. Well it seems that those people were not so moralistic!
Some Trump supporters tout that any person or group not supporting Trump are liberals or RINOS and have no morals.

CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatBot » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:32 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:08 pm
Cataholic wrote:
CatBot wrote:
Some Trump supporters tout that any person or group not supporting Trump are liberals or RINOS and have no morals.
I'll let you two resolve this one your own, but I'll only add that I'm often accused by friends and family of being a bleeding heart liberal because I can't stand Trump. I don't let it bother me. These are challenging times for conservatives, and the problems are only growing (see Trump's attack on McConnel yesterday).

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:19 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
CatBot wrote:
You have to quit making up stuff. I know it is easy for you to just invent these crazy conspiracy ideas in your head, but we need backup. Here is an article showing that the LP was backed by liberal Democrats.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/0 ... n-project/

Why is this so hard for you to acknowledge? The liberal left was all in on the LP and they turned out to be money chasing immoral people. It is that simple.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:32 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:19 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
CatBot wrote:
You have to quit making up stuff. I know it is easy for you to just invent these crazy conspiracy ideas in your head, but we need backup. Here is an article showing that the LP was backed by liberal Democrats.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/0 ... n-project/

Why is this so hard for you to acknowledge? The liberal left was all in on the LP and they turned out to be money chasing immoral people. It is that simple.
Case closed. LP are Democrats.

CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatBot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:32 pm

This LP debate confuses me. Catholic are you saying LP wasn't founded by R's who wanted to rid the party of Trump? Butcher are you saying masses upon masses of D's didn't dive in head first and donate massive sums of money? Can you guys just agree to agree and move on?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:59 pm

CatBot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:32 pm
This LP debate confuses me. Catholic are you saying LP wasn't founded by R's who wanted to rid the party of Trump? Butcher are you saying masses upon masses of D's didn't dive in head first and donate massive sums of money? Can you guys just agree to agree and move on?
I never said anything about where the LP gets money. I don't know where their money came from. I have stated that the LP is comprised of Republicans and Catholic disagrees for some unknown reason. Read my posts. That has been my argument the entire time. When I point that out Catholic gets upset for some reason.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:11 pm

Uhh-mend-ments. :roll:

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:08 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:11 pm

Uhh-mend-ments. :roll:
This one is good, but Tommy's is better! The Alabama Senator doesn't know the branches of government. :shock:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 283806002/

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:32 pm

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:10 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:32 pm
That tweet is spot on! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:24 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:10 pm
iaafan wrote:
The current federal minimum wage is $7.25. 31 states have a minimum wage less than $10/hour. Seems his legislation would be progress nationally. But of course, you two and Cohen think it is more relevant to make snide comments and not really focus on the issue at hand.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:24 pm
The Butcher wrote:
iaafan wrote:
The current federal minimum wage is $7.25. 31 states have a minimum wage less than $10/hour. Seems his legislation would be progress nationally. But of course, you two and Cohen think it is more relevant to make snide comments and not really focus on the issue at hand.
The point being that since $11/hour is good enough for Arkansas, why isn't it good enough for the rest of the country. He represents Arkansas, so is he saying that Arkansas's min wage is too high? His message is convoluted. Why would someone from a state that has set its min wage at $11/hour, not think that same wage should apply everywhere? There's no focus on the issue coming from Cotton. Just confusion. By not explaining himself, he's set himself up for criticism. He could just say that he doesn't think $11/hour, while that's the wage in Arkansas, is something that would get the votes, therefore he's proposing a lower wage of $10/hour. If I can think this through, why can't he?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:53 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:49 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
iaafan wrote:
The point being that since $11/hour is good enough for Arkansas, why isn't it good enough for the rest of the country. He represents Arkansas, so is he saying that Arkansas's min wage is too high? His message is convoluted. Why would someone from a state that has set its min wage at $11/hour, not think that same wage should apply everywhere? There's no focus on the issue coming from Cotton. Just confusion. By not explaining himself, he's set himself up for criticism. He could just say that he doesn't think $11/hour, while that's the wage in Arkansas, is something that would get the votes, therefore he's proposing a lower wage of $10/hour. If I can think this through, why can't he?
Give me a break. This is just another of your constant attacking on anything Republican. Sad. His legislation would increase the minimum wage in 31 states and instead of championing his efforts, you are “confused” because his state minimum is $11. Your attempts at justification however are amusing, but pathetic.

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 pm

iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
iaafan wrote:
He's quoting the $10 federal minimum wage as a counter to the $15 federal proposal. Maybe he understands that the $15 minimum wage actually costs jobs, where a $10 minimum may not cause jobs and also help those in need. Why not read the facts before continuing to cut-n-paste without researching the facts?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:50 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
iaafan wrote:
He's quoting the $10 federal minimum wage as a counter to the $15 federal proposal. Maybe he understands that the $15 minimum wage actually costs jobs, where a $10 minimum may not cause jobs and also help those in need. Why not read the facts before continuing to cut-n-paste without researching the facts?
For one, ask Seattle how the $15 minimum wage worked out. But heck, those 10000-15000 or so pipeline workers can jump in.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:40 pm

What the media once called "children in cages" is now called "migrant children facility".

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:45 am

RickRund wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:40 pm
What the media once called "children in cages" is now called "migrant children facility".
You realize those children are the same ones separated from their parents by Trump's Administration? :coffee:
The reality unfortunately remains, there needs to be a place for the children.