Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:28 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:21 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:08 pm
Some of the far left liberal posters here have been quoting the Lincoln Project for their attacks on Trump. It seems those guys had significant morality issues themselves.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-repor ... -predation
Thanks, far right conservative poster, for posting this. Interesting story.
I could have just named names. Weren’t you one of the posters that have cited the Lincoln Project multiple times?. You should also check and see how much each of these worthless twists made with the LP.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:11 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:28 am
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Some of the far left liberal posters here have been quoting the Lincoln Project for their attacks on Trump. It seems those guys had significant morality issues themselves.

I could have just named names. Weren’t you one of the posters that have cited the Lincoln Project multiple times?. You should also check and see how much each of these worthless twists made with the LP.
So since one of the people behind the Lincoln Project is allegedly a sexual harasser then all the LP tweets mean absolutely nothing and are patently false? I have no problem citing the LP. It's a republican founded site named after the best republican president of all time. A guy that would be rolling in his grave at Trump's antics. I'll continue posting LP tweets here despite the fact that one of their founders may have been doing illegal things. I'm sure the rest of the people at the LP will want to get rid of him if the accusations are proven to be true. They may want to anyway just due to the distraction. Not that it matters as I'm sure the LP's work is mostly done now that Trump is no longer in office.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:44 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:11 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

So since one of the people behind the Lincoln Project is allegedly a sexual harasser then all the LP tweets mean absolutely nothing and are patently false? I have no problem citing the LP. It's a republican founded site named after the best republican president of all time. A guy that would be rolling in his grave at Trump's antics. I'll continue posting LP tweets here despite the fact that one of their founders may have been doing illegal things. I'm sure the rest of the people at the LP will want to get rid of him if the accusations are proven to be true. They may want to anyway just due to the distraction. Not that it matters as I'm sure the LP's work is mostly done now that Trump is no longer in office.
Do a little research on the matter. You will find that it was a known fact internally and members just looked the other way. I did find it incredulous that you have made posts about the “vile” people around Trump, yet you are willing to look the other way when it benefits the Democrats.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:51 pm

CatBot wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:54 am
Cataholic wrote:

Yes there are far left supporters of the LP, but they were formed up with Republicans that became disenfranchised with what the party was becoming under Trump. That certainly resonates with me. As appealing as the idea of Trump was in 2015 as a guy who could rise above politics and actually get ****** done in DC, in reality the exact opposite happened. Trump became a political beast like no other by inescapably entrenching himself in the most disgusting elements of the DC swamp. He failed. In the immortal words of Obi Wan Kenobi, "you were supposed to destroy the Sith, not become one!".

I really liked and respected Paul Ryan, but Trumpism ran him out of town in short order. As of today, Liz Cheney is my hero. She knows that Trumpism lost the House, the Senate, and the Presidency and knows what it will take to recover the GOP without 20 more years of losses. Did she vote for Bidin or does she think Obama and the Clintons are good for the country? Nope. But she has the courage and foresight that many in the party simply don't possess.

Finally, Weaver is a bad dude. I hope he gets what's coming to him.
This x 100. =D^ =D^ =D^

I'm sure you won't see it posted on Fox Entertainment, but as soon as this stuff came out about Weaver, the LP responded quickly and harshly to condemn him and remove him from their platform.

GO CATS GO!!!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:20 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:51 pm
CatBot wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Yes there are far left supporters of the LP, but they were formed up with Republicans that became disenfranchised with what the party was becoming under Trump. That certainly resonates with me. As appealing as the idea of Trump was in 2015 as a guy who could rise above politics and actually get ****** done in DC, in reality the exact opposite happened. Trump became a political beast like no other by inescapably entrenching himself in the most disgusting elements of the DC swamp. He failed. In the immortal words of Obi Wan Kenobi, "you were supposed to destroy the Sith, not become one!".

I really liked and respected Paul Ryan, but Trumpism ran him out of town in short order. As of today, Liz Cheney is my hero. She knows that Trumpism lost the House, the Senate, and the Presidency and knows what it will take to recover the GOP without 20 more years of losses. Did she vote for Bidin or does she think Obama and the Clintons are good for the country? Nope. But she has the courage and foresight that many in the party simply don't possess.

This x 100. =D^ =D^ =D^

I'm sure you won't see it posted on Fox Entertainment, but as soon as this stuff came out about Weaver, the LP responded quickly and harshly to condemn him and remove him from their platform.
I agree. That was an outstanding post, and I agree with everything CatBot said 100%. Well, almost everything. I guess I can understand why some people liked the idea of having an "outsider" in the White House. But anyone who knew about his background and history should have know that the guy has always been a scumbag, and had no business being the leader of the free world. He had a history of defaulting on loans, not paying his bills, bankruptcies, business deals that made splashy headlines but weren't very sound financially, and defrauding people (i.e. Trump University). Not to mention his despicable personal behavior...bragging about grabbing women by the p^^^y, cheating on all three of his wives, etc. I understand that CatBot wasn't necessarily saying that he bought into Trump's BS in 2015, only that he could understand why so many people did.

CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatBot » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:04 pm

John K wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:20 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:51 pm
CatBot wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

This x 100. =D^ =D^ =D^

I agree. That was an outstanding post, and I agree with everything CatBot said 100%. Well, almost everything. I guess I can understand why some people liked the idea of having an "outsider" in the White House. But anyone who knew about his background and history should have know that the guy has always been a scumbag, and had no business being the leader of the free world. He had a history of defaulting on loans, not paying his bills, bankruptcies, business deals that made splashy headlines but weren't very sound financially, and defrauding people (i.e. Trump University). Not to mention his despicable personal behavior...bragging about grabbing women by the p^^^y, cheating on all three of his wives, etc. I understand that CatBot wasn't necessarily saying that he bought into Trump's BS in 2015, only that he could understand why so many people did.
Correct. As soon as the Iowa caucus finished and Trump actually demonstrated winning the primary was plausible, I considered it was a wasted opportunity. I still had hope, probably all the way through to the day Paul Ryan was shown the door, that Trump was actually going to accomplish good for this country. Never happened. History will not be kind to Trump, and particularly critical of the build up and execution of the "Stop the Steal" campaign. Even knowing these events are still playing out literally as we speak, this will undoubtedly be terrible scar on this nation that won't be forgotten, even over a period of centuries.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:44 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Do a little research on the matter. You will find that it was a known fact internally and members just looked the other way. I did find it incredulous that you have made posts about the “vile” people around Trump, yet you are willing to look the other way when it benefits the Democrats.
It was a known fact that Weaver was gay and some people are saying that they were warned that he was doing inappropriate things. If you own a business and someone comes in and tells you that a fellow employee is doing something nefarious, you don't just fire that person on the spot. You need to make sure that these allegations are true or that you have a good reason to believe they're true.

I'm not looking the other way. In fact, I've already stated that he's been accused of being a sexual harasser. Do I have to state that he is, in fact, a sexual harasser to not be looking the other way? is that how that works? I hope, if this is true and it looks very likely that it could be, he is dealt with appropriately. Democrats typically deal with these kinds of people within their ranks fairly harshly, see Al Franken, so lets see how a group of republicans that don't like Trump deal with someone within their ranks. As for it benefitting Democrats to look the other way, if that's true, it also benefits Republicans if they look the other way on this matter. Lets not kid ourselves, a lot of Republicans are trying to get rid of Trump, too. Hence the reason there's a Lincoln Project in the first place.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:15 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:47 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:44 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

It was a known fact that Weaver was gay and some people are saying that they were warned that he was doing inappropriate things. If you own a business and someone comes in and tells you that a fellow employee is doing something nefarious, you don't just fire that person on the spot. You need to make sure that these allegations are true or that you have a good reason to believe they're true.

I'm not looking the other way. In fact, I've already stated that he's been accused of being a sexual harasser. Do I have to state that he is, in fact, a sexual harasser to not be looking the other way? is that how that works? I hope, if this is true and it looks very likely that it could be, he is dealt with appropriately. Democrats typically deal with these kinds of people within their ranks fairly harshly, see Al Franken, so lets see how a group of republicans that don't like Trump deal with someone within their ranks. As for it benefitting Democrats to look the other way, if that's true, it also benefits Republicans if they look the other way on this matter. Lets not kid ourselves, a lot of Republicans are trying to get rid of Trump, too. Hence the reason there's a Lincoln Project in the first place.
You are missing the point. In the past you have specifically commented on the bad people that surrounded Trump. You have alluded to this Lincoln Project group as bringing out those accusations and misdeads and a group of people that hold a higher standard than Trump. Yet now we learn that these people that you spoke highly of before were actually pretty slimy people. Now you are creating excuses for this group. The hypocrisy never ends with you.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:35 am

As Donnie Osmond would say...

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:53 am

Sounds like the Lincoln Projected acted like a good old super PAC. But since they worked against Trump they should be held to a higher standard than others (still a Republican PAC too). Funny how Trump supporters think everything non-Trump should be held to a higher standard than for-Trump issues.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:31 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:53 am
Sounds like the Lincoln Projected acted like a good old super PAC. But since they worked against Trump they should be held to a higher standard than others (still a Republican PAC too). Funny how Trump supporters think everything non-Trump should be held to a higher standard than for-Trump issues.
That’s all you have to say about the LP who the left used regularly to combat Trump? You didn’t even condone what they were doing behind closed doors! Maybe you should focus on the fact that this group who the left regularly used in their anti-Trump arguments was formed and led by a sexual predator who used his power and influence to pursue his victims. The members knew of his misdeeds but they chose to ignore them and keep them quiet.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:31 pm
The Butcher wrote:
That’s all you have to say about the LP who the left used regularly to combat Trump? You didn’t even condone what they were doing behind closed doors! Maybe you should focus on the fact that this group who the left regularly used in their anti-Trump arguments was formed and led by a sexual predator who used his power and influence to pursue his victims. The members knew of his misdeeds but they chose to ignore them and keep them quiet.
The Lincoln Project is formed by members of the right, aka Republicans. Sexual misconduct seems to run deep in the party (I suspect you agree).
Anyway, it isn't like the Justice Department was trying to squash Jean Carroll’s defamation case, which stemmed from her sexual assault allegation…. whoops they did do that for Trump! Yikes!!!
But thanks for your outrage about sexual misconduct committed by Republicans.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:18 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:31 pm
The Butcher wrote:
The Lincoln Project is formed by members of the right, aka Republicans. Sexual misconduct seems to run deep in the party (I suspect you agree).
Anyway, it isn't like the Justice Department was trying to squash Jean Carroll’s defamation case, which stemmed from her sexual assault allegation…. whoops they did do that for Trump! Yikes!!!
But thanks for your outrage about sexual misconduct committed by Republicans.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The left has been quoting the LP as a viable source of criticism on Trump. Now you don’t want anything to do with them! That is truly solid gold!

And when I think of sexual misconduct in government, Bill Clinton is the first name that comes to mind. Whether it was Monica or the Lolita Express, he takes the crown in that category.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:15 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: The left has been quoting the LP as a viable source of criticism on Trump. Now you don’t want anything to do with them! That is truly solid gold!

And when I think of sexual misconduct in government, Bill Clinton is the first name that comes to mind. Whether it was Monica or the Lolita Express, he takes the crown in that category.
Got it! Trump IS THE GOP. Anyone that does not blindly follow Trump CANNOT be a Republican. Additionally, your strong partisanship disallows anyone to agree with someone from another party.

Finally, your blind loyalty to Trump’s GOP allows you to ignore the 26 sexual misconducts Trump has been accused of, not to mention his highly questionable payoffs to various women he had sexual relationships with (and also denied like Clinton).

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:43 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:15 am
Cataholic wrote:

Got it! Trump IS THE GOP. Anyone that does not blindly follow Trump CANNOT be a Republican. Additionally, your strong partisanship disallows anyone to agree with someone from another party.

Finally, your blind loyalty to Trump’s GOP allows you to ignore the 26 sexual misconducts Trump has been accused of, not to mention his highly questionable payoffs to various women he had sexual relationships with (and also denied like Clinton).
I’m sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. You are so consumed with hating Trump, you can’t see 6 inches in front of your face.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:35 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:43 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

I’m sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. You are so consumed with hating Trump, you can’t see 6 inches in front of your face.
And that is sad and really unhealthy...

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:41 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:35 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:43 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

And that is sad and really unhealthy...
I was going to say, not to pile on Butcher here because we're all Bobcat fans :) but I thought this might taper down a bit after the election, but it appears he is still letting the hate flow through at an alarming rate! Try refocusing your energy on some positives moving forward, whatever you can find positive about the future of our country under this new administration?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:14 am

I didn't bring up the Lincoln Project... I didn't tie the Lincoln Project to Democrats... I pointed out they were Republicans... Once I pointed out those facts Trump supporters get upset... But sure, you guys are right...

Positive- Biden has a plan to get us through this pandemic and we are seeing a logical rollout of a vaccination plan. My wife received her first shot today!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:48 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:14 am
I didn't bring up the Lincoln Project... I didn't tie the Lincoln Project to Democrats... I pointed out they were Republicans... Once I pointed out those facts Trump supporters get upset... But sure, you guys are right...

Positive- Biden has a plan to get us through this pandemic and we are seeing a logical rollout of a vaccination plan. My wife received her first shot today!
Take a look at who was contributing to the LP. There is a lot of liberal Democratic money.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:10 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:48 am
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:14 am

Take a look at who was contributing to the LP. There is a lot of liberal Democratic money.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for proving my point.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: