Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10357
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by wbtfg » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:07 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:49 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:24 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 pm
This is disgusting to me. I hope regardless of political affiliation, you object to this ad. Biden used a reference to Hitler in an ad attacking Trump. The Anti Defamation League came out and objected to the Biden ad.

https://newsdesk.io/joe-biden-uses-adol ... mpaign-ad/
I just watched the ad. It compares the neo nazis in Charlottesville to real nazis.

I’ve been looking for the ADL statement, but can’t find anything. Do you have a link to their statement?

Here’s the ad on YouTube.
Jonathan Greenblatt who is CEO of the ADL tweeted the following. It was really a statement requesting all political ads to refrain from using such references.



What I really find egregious is the implication of Trump as comparable to Hitler. Don’t you see a problem with that? And he references Trumps comments in Charlottesville which are not accurate. Trump actually stayed that the neo-Nazis should be totally condemned.
The ad compared the neo nazis chanting “Jews will not replace us” to 1930s nazis. And then referenced trump’s “good people on both sides” comment.

Also, maybe I missed it, but that tweet doesn’t have anything to do with the Biden ad, does it? Or is this one of those “by proxy” things?



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:07 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:49 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:24 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 pm
This is disgusting to me. I hope regardless of political affiliation, you object to this ad. Biden used a reference to Hitler in an ad attacking Trump. The Anti Defamation League came out and objected to the Biden ad.

https://newsdesk.io/joe-biden-uses-adol ... mpaign-ad/
I just watched the ad. It compares the neo nazis in Charlottesville to real nazis.

I’ve been looking for the ADL statement, but can’t find anything. Do you have a link to their statement?

Here’s the ad on YouTube.
Jonathan Greenblatt who is CEO of the ADL tweeted the following. It was really a statement requesting all political ads to refrain from using such references.



What I really find egregious is the implication of Trump as comparable to Hitler. Don’t you see a problem with that? And he references Trumps comments in Charlottesville which are not accurate. Trump actually stayed that the neo-Nazis should be totally condemned.
The ad compared the neo nazis chanting “Jews will not replace us” to 1930s nazis. And then referenced trump’s “good people on both sides” comment.

Also, maybe I missed it, but that tweet doesn’t have anything to do with the Biden ad, does it? Or is this one of those “by proxy” things?
You are right about the tweet. The tweet did not reference the ad specifically but it did request that both political parties refrain from such propaganda. I guess Biden didn’t get the message.

I got to tell you though that your attempt to downplay the Biden Nazi Hitler ad as not really an attack on Trump is really a surprise. I know we don’t see eye to eye politically, but you usually seem reasonable on such matters. The whole advertisement is meant as an attack on Trump to win votes for Biden.

The Biden team also takes the Charlottesville comments out of context. He had specifically addressed the neo-Nazis directly in his comments: “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally.”

Biden’s ad is fear mongering to scare people to vote for him.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14447
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:50 am



MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3818
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Rich K » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:56 pm

Law and Order, Indeed



Image

User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by The Butcher » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:06 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:50 am
Crazier yet; Trump tweets how great this was and doesn't want the FBI to investigate!
That is nuts!!!



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by The Butcher » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:52 pm

“Has this ever happened before?” Thread

Trump has “claimed” PA and MI as votes are still being counted. WTF???



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14447
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:25 pm



MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by The Butcher » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:50 am

Fun fact: It has been reported 60% of donations to Trump’s “fight voter fraud” are going to campaign debts.
Trump and his people are also discussing rallies post-election. I guess the rallies are supposed to change the vote count?
Luckily President Elect Biden will actually try to bring us together versus tearing us apart.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10357
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by wbtfg » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:27 pm

What’s the story on all of the top pentagon officials, including SECDEF, being fired? What’s the end game here?



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 pm

Andrew McCabe testifies today and ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN didn’t think it was worthy of their coverage. Amazing since this guy was largely responsible for getting a warrant to spy on the Trump organization and purported ties to Russia. This section below from his testimony is of particular note:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-msnbc ... ing-russia
Perhaps the biggest takeaway from the hearing was when he admitted that knowing what he knows now, he would not have signed off on the controversial FISA warrant against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. 



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by The Butcher » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:18 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 pm
Andrew McCabe testifies today and ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN didn’t think it was worthy of their coverage. Amazing since this guy was largely responsible for getting a warrant to spy on the Trump organization and purported ties to Russia. This section below from his testimony is of particular note:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-msnbc ... ing-russia
Perhaps the biggest takeaway from the hearing was when he admitted that knowing what he knows now, he would not have signed off on the controversial FISA warrant against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. 
Fox News always has nice cherry picks and their viewers are more than happy to take that on little line (not even a quote) to undermine the real issue.

Here is an actual damning quotes from the hearing:
“Our concern that the president might be obstructing justice was verified by the Mueller report.”
“We had many reasons at that point to believe the president himself might pose a danger to national security.”
“I fully support every effort to ensure that the FBI’s use of FISA maintains the high standards the court, and the American people, demand and deserve."
"We opened a case to find out how the Russians might be undermining our elections. We opened a case because it was our obligation, our duty to do so. We did our job."
“I am not aware of a single act, or even an allegation against anyone involved in the investigation that they committed a crime.”
“My colleagues and I never took any action to undermine our effectiveness, to undermine our oath... I deeply regret how politicized the FBI has become.”
***One of the best quotes *** “We had found very little, if any, incriminating evidence about General Flynn until, of course, we found very incriminating evidence about him."

https://abcnews4.com/news/nation-world/ ... ssia-probe



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:36 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:18 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 pm
Andrew McCabe testifies today and ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN didn’t think it was worthy of their coverage. Amazing since this guy was largely responsible for getting a warrant to spy on the Trump organization and purported ties to Russia. This section below from his testimony is of particular note:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-msnbc ... ing-russia
Perhaps the biggest takeaway from the hearing was when he admitted that knowing what he knows now, he would not have signed off on the controversial FISA warrant against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. 
Fox News always has nice cherry picks and their viewers are more than happy to take that on little line (not even a quote) to undermine the real issue.

Here is an actual damning quotes from the hearing:
“Our concern that the president might be obstructing justice was verified by the Mueller report.”
“We had many reasons at that point to believe the president himself might pose a danger to national security.”
“I fully support every effort to ensure that the FBI’s use of FISA maintains the high standards the court, and the American people, demand and deserve."
"We opened a case to find out how the Russians might be undermining our elections. We opened a case because it was our obligation, our duty to do so. We did our job."
“I am not aware of a single act, or even an allegation against anyone involved in the investigation that they committed a crime.”
“My colleagues and I never took any action to undermine our effectiveness, to undermine our oath... I deeply regret how politicized the FBI has become.”
***One of the best quotes *** “We had found very little, if any, incriminating evidence about General Flynn until, of course, we found very incriminating evidence about him."

https://abcnews4.com/news/nation-world/ ... ssia-probe
You are such a hypocrite. Cherry picked some misleading quotes from ABC. Here are some actual quotes from the testimony:
“If you knew then what you know now would you have signed the warrant application in June of 2017 against Carter Page? Graham asked.

“No, sir,” responded McCabe.
Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) hammered McCabe over the agency’s failure to act when the CIA informed them of Hillary Clinton’s “plan” to tie Trump to Russia as a means of “distracting the public from her use of a private e-mail server.” before Election Day.

“Did you know about it?” Graham asked of the CIA memo.

“I was not aware of that memorandum,” the former G-man said.

“Wait a minute. Timeout, timeout!” an incredulous Graham interjected.

“You get a CIA memo, investigative lead memo, suggesting that the Democratic candidate for president, Hillary Clinton, is trying to divert attention from her e-mail server problem by casting aspersions against the Trump campaign being connected to Russia, and you didn’t know about it? How is that possible?”

McCabe said the memo went to fired FBI chief James Comey and disgraced FBI agent Peter Strzok
“I signed a package that included numerous factual errors or failed to include information that should have been brought to the court,” McCabe said.

Republicans expressed frustration that Mr. McCabe declined to identify who wrote the application.

In previous hearings, former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, ex-Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates and former FBI Director James Comey all declined to identify who made the errors.

“Everyone’s responsible and no one’s responsible,” said Mr. Graham, South Carolina Republican.
Talk about “cover your ass” testimony. I was not aware... I never saw that....



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by iaafan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Project much?




User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by The Butcher » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:04 pm

Not that this is all that surprising, but still... Trump is now conning his own supporters for their hard earned cash. A grifter has to grift!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics ... index.html



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:22 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:04 pm
Not that this is all that surprising, but still... Trump is now conning his own supporters for their hard earned cash. A grifter has to grift!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics ... index.html
I did Nazi that coming. He's an absolute sleaze ball. Any good deeds he's ever done are completely smothered by all the incredibly sleazy stuff he's done for nearly his entire life.



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:13 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:22 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:04 pm
Not that this is all that surprising, but still... Trump is now conning his own supporters for their hard earned cash. A grifter has to grift!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics ... index.html
I did Nazi that coming. He's an absolute sleaze ball. Any good deeds he's ever done are completely smothered by all the incredibly sleazy stuff he's done for nearly his entire life.
What?? Nazi?



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by iaafan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 am

Trump is saying he's going to run again in 2024. If not, someone like him will run and almost certainly get nominated. The people behind Trump make up a huge chunk of the Republican party. Almost anyone who isn't in that chunk will slide over and vote for him after he gets nominated. These people aren't going away any time soon. They'll only go away when the next wingnut faction presents itself. Tea Party...Trumpers...???



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:48 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 am
Trump is saying he's going to run again in 2024. If not, someone like him will run and almost certainly get nominated. The people behind Trump make up a huge chunk of the Republican party. Almost anyone who isn't in that chunk will slide over and vote for him after he gets nominated. These people aren't going away any time soon. They'll only go away when the next wingnut faction presents itself. Tea Party...Trumpers...???
Let him run in 2024. He won’t get the nomination. The vast majority of Republicans are tired of his shenanigans. The only reason I wanted to see him re-elected this year was because the far left has become so prevalent in the Democratic Party. I was going to start another thread, but the Democratic Party has been in disarray since the election with infighting between liberals and moderates. Just do a search on Joe Manchin. After 4 years of liberal rule under Biden (and most likely Harris as President), this country will be begging for a new option in 2024.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by iaafan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:54 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:48 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 am
Trump is saying he's going to run again in 2024. If not, someone like him will run and almost certainly get nominated. The people behind Trump make up a huge chunk of the Republican party. Almost anyone who isn't in that chunk will slide over and vote for him after he gets nominated. These people aren't going away any time soon. They'll only go away when the next wingnut faction presents itself. Tea Party...Trumpers...???
Let him run in 2024. He won’t get the nomination. The vast majority of Republicans are tired of his shenanigans. The only reason I wanted to see him re-elected this year was because the far left has become so prevalent in the Democratic Party. I was going to start another thread, but the Democratic Party has been in disarray since the election with infighting between liberals and moderates. Just do a search on Joe Manchin. After 4 years of liberal rule under Biden (and most likely Harris as President), this country will be begging for a new option in 2024.
The left is not as far left as the right is far right. The left is conservative compared to how it was up to when LBJ was president. That changed when Carter took office and has held the same ever since. The things you think are far left were common place from FDR to LBJ.

What does "most likely Harris as President" mean? Are you saying that Biden is most likely going to die in office?



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:11 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:54 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:48 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:44 am
Trump is saying he's going to run again in 2024. If not, someone like him will run and almost certainly get nominated. The people behind Trump make up a huge chunk of the Republican party. Almost anyone who isn't in that chunk will slide over and vote for him after he gets nominated. These people aren't going away any time soon. They'll only go away when the next wingnut faction presents itself. Tea Party...Trumpers...???
Let him run in 2024. He won’t get the nomination. The vast majority of Republicans are tired of his shenanigans. The only reason I wanted to see him re-elected this year was because the far left has become so prevalent in the Democratic Party. I was going to start another thread, but the Democratic Party has been in disarray since the election with infighting between liberals and moderates. Just do a search on Joe Manchin. After 4 years of liberal rule under Biden (and most likely Harris as President), this country will be begging for a new option in 2024.
The left is not as far left as the right is far right. The left is conservative compared to how it was up to when LBJ was president. That changed when Carter took office and has held the same ever since. The things you think are far left were common place from FDR to LBJ.

What does "most likely Harris as President" mean? Are you saying that Biden is most likely going to die in office?
The Democratic Party is very far left right now and many Democrats are blaming their losses in the House and Senate on this left faction. I will post some specific examples later today, but the party is definitely in disarray.

In order to compare today’s Democratic Party to FDR and LBJ, you really need to compare societies as well. For example, Robert Byrd was a Democratic member of Congress during that period, but he was also a member of the KKK. Union members used to be strictly Democrats but many lean to Republicans nowadays for a variety of issues ranging from gun control to immigration to health care to police support.

The assertions that Republicans are farther right than ever is just false. Please provide examples.

Kamala will be president because Biden will be declared mentally unfit before his term is up.



Post Reply