Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:14 pm
This is what the election has come to. Despite hollow claims by the left that Republicans encourage violence, the left is caught attacking peaceful supporters of Trump. Please note that they are not protestors, they are simply expressing their support for Trump - and they are attacked.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/anti-p ... y-new-york
So dumb. Just like the trump guy in woodinville who pulled a gun on teenagers.

Spoiler alert: Biden will win Washington and New York by a landslide and Trump will win Montana by a landslide. Yet people feel the need to get emotional and violent about it.

Silly.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:28 am

Have a long time Facebook friend, got to meet them in Reno a few years ago, and she and hubby were at a Mo. overpass rally a couple of weeks ago. A lady walked up to her a popped her in the face, major black eyes. Have not heard whether there was any damage. Assailant was arrested...

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Dude with a Trump hat just walked up to a Black guy in Costco parking lot and yelled the N-word three times in his face. Disgusting. A bunch of people in the parking lot nearby and no one said a thing.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mtcatfan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:03 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:04 pm
Dude with a Trump hat just walked up to a Black guy in Costco parking lot and yelled the N-word three times in his face. Disgusting. A bunch of people in the parking lot nearby and no one said a thing.
Where at?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:13 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
This is what the election has come to. Despite hollow claims by the left that Republicans encourage violence, the left is caught attacking peaceful supporters of Trump. Please note that they are not protestors, they are simply expressing their support for Trump - and they are attacked.

Spoiler alert: Biden will win Washington and New York by a landslide and Trump will win Montana by a landslide. Yet people feel the need to get emotional and violent about it.

Silly.
It seems like when Trump supporters commit violent acts people don't say a thing.
When non-Trump supports commit violent acts people speak up.
I think people have grown accustom to Trump supports acting aggressive so there is no shock anymore, but the same is not true for non-Trump supporters.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:57 am

Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:03 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:04 pm
Where at?
Helena

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:23 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:13 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Silly.
It seems like when Trump supporters commit violent acts people don't say a thing.
When non-Trump supports commit violent acts people speak up.
I think people have grown accustom to Trump supports acting aggressive so there is no shock anymore, but the same is not true for non-Trump supporters.
Doesn’t anybody from the Democratic Party want to explain to Butcher that is simply not the case?

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:28 pm

I just submitted my ballot today. I won’t say what race, but Jeff Choate received a write in vote today. I couldn’t bring myself to vote for either candidate on the ballot.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:28 pm
I just submitted my ballot today. I won’t say what race, but Jeff Choate received a write in vote today. I couldn’t bring myself to vote for either candidate on the ballot.
You know what's funny about that... we all know it's not possible with the way things are set up but I literally do believe that Jeff Choate would be a better leader than either of these two... :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:12 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:45 pm
Cataholic wrote:
You know what's funny about that... we all know it's not possible with the way things are set up but I literally do believe that Jeff Choate would be a better leader than either of these two... :lol:
I'd vote for Jeff on any local or state level race, including Governor. I wouldn't send an enemy to DC much less somebody I respected.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:22 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:45 pm
Cataholic wrote:
I actually thought about creating a new thread to write in votes for Jeff Choate as a way of protesting the awful choices we have in some of these races. I am sure that those write in votes are tabulated somewhere and it would be interesting to see a tally, but I was afraid that Coach Choate might get dragged into talking politics if the media heard about it. I honestly think he could have pulled in a couple hundred write in votes. \:D/ :D

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 pm

I gotta pretty strong hunch about who’s going to win this election. Nothing illegal about this btw.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:29 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 pm

I gotta pretty strong hunch about who’s going to win this election. Nothing illegal about this btw.
Wow. The big guy up front is really bordering on threatening the person in the car. That is not cool and makes that whole group look like bad.

I am curious how they identified the person with the camera as a Democrat. There were people in the crowd giving her the middle finger. Was this a Trump rally?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:26 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 pm

Nice people. Would love to have them as neighbors...

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:37 am

Historic growth numbers reported yesterday, and CNN and MSNBC did not report on them.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-msnbc ... c-recovery

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:02 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:37 am
Historic growth numbers reported yesterday, and CNN and MSNBC did not report on them.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-msnbc ... c-recovery
I watched Stephanie Ruhle report on it yesterday morning on MSNBC and also saw CNN reporting on it yesterday. I see they're only talking about the prime time commentary shows.

It dropped 32.9% the previous quarter and was expected to increase 31% this quarter. It went up by 33.1%.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:01 am

I was going to start another thread, but seriously what is the point. There is so much corruption within the Trump Administration we would have too many pages to sift through. So here is some more "Has this ever happened before?" news!

Trump administration pressured federal prosecutors to settle investigation into Turkish bank

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ation-into

***Congress will be looking into this and trouble seems very possible for Trump & Company

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 pm

This is disgusting to me. I hope regardless of political affiliation, you object to this ad. Biden used a reference to Hitler in an ad attacking Trump. The Anti Defamation League came out and objected to the Biden ad.

https://newsdesk.io/joe-biden-uses-adol ... mpaign-ad/

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:24 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 pm
This is disgusting to me. I hope regardless of political affiliation, you object to this ad. Biden used a reference to Hitler in an ad attacking Trump. The Anti Defamation League came out and objected to the Biden ad.

I just watched the ad. It compares the neo nazis in Charlottesville to real nazis.

I’ve been looking for the ADL statement, but can’t find anything. Do you have a link to their statement?

Here’s the ad on YouTube.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:49 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:24 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 pm

I just watched the ad. It compares the neo nazis in Charlottesville to real nazis.

I’ve been looking for the ADL statement, but can’t find anything. Do you have a link to their statement?

Here’s the ad on YouTube.
Jonathan Greenblatt who is CEO of the ADL tweeted the following. It was really a statement requesting all political ads to refrain from using such references.

What I really find egregious is the implication of Trump as comparable to Hitler. Don’t you see a problem with that? And he references Trumps comments in Charlottesville which are not accurate. Trump actually stayed that the neo-Nazis should be totally condemned.