Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:50 am

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dni-br ... mo-clinton
Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe on Tuesday declassified documents that revealed former CIA Director John Brennan briefed former President Obama on Hillary Clinton’s purported “plan” to tie then-candidate Donald Trump to Russia as “a means of distracting the public from her use of a private email server” ahead of the 2016 presidential election, Fox News has learned.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:13 am

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics ... index.html
"John Ratcliffe is anything but an intelligence professional. It is appalling his selective declassification of information. It is designed to advance the political interests of Donald Trump and Republicans who are aligned with him," Brennan said of the director of national intelligence.

"These were my notes from the 2016 period when I briefed President Obama and the rest of the national security council team about what the Russians were up to and I was giving examples of the type of access that the US intelligence community had to Russian information and what the Russians were talking about and alleging," he added.

The former CIA director also pushed back on Ratcliffe's declassification of a heavily redacted CIA memo related to the investigative referral forwarded to the FBI at the time. The memo notes that the Russians allege Clinton's effort to stir up a scandal was "a means of distracting the public from her use of a private email server."

"If, in fact, what the Russians were alleging that Hillary was trying to highlight the reported connections between Trump and the Russians, if that was accurate and a big if, there is nothing at all illegal about that," Brennan said.

"John Ratcliffe and others are trying to portray this as unlawful activity that deserves follow-up investigation by the FBI. No. It was a campaign activity," he added.

Allies of the President have seized on the documents declassified by Ratcliffe, including the release of Brennan's notes and the CIA memo, as evidence the FBI should investigate unfounded claims that Clinton committed crimes during the 2016 campaign.

They have also cited the documents in an attempt to further undermine the intelligence community's unanimous assessment that Russia interfered in 2016 to help Trump ahead of the 2020 election -- claiming, without proof, that Clinton sought to manufacture a scandal to hurt Trump.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:13 am
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics ... index.html
"John Ratcliffe is anything but an intelligence professional. It is appalling his selective declassification of information. It is designed to advance the political interests of Donald Trump and Republicans who are aligned with him," Brennan said of the director of national intelligence.

"These were my notes from the 2016 period when I briefed President Obama and the rest of the national security council team about what the Russians were up to and I was giving examples of the type of access that the US intelligence community had to Russian information and what the Russians were talking about and alleging," he added.

The former CIA director also pushed back on Ratcliffe's declassification of a heavily redacted CIA memo related to the investigative referral forwarded to the FBI at the time. The memo notes that the Russians allege Clinton's effort to stir up a scandal was "a means of distracting the public from her use of a private email server."

"If, in fact, what the Russians were alleging that Hillary was trying to highlight the reported connections between Trump and the Russians, if that was accurate and a big if, there is nothing at all illegal about that," Brennan said.

"John Ratcliffe and others are trying to portray this as unlawful activity that deserves follow-up investigation by the FBI. No. It was a campaign activity," he added.

Allies of the President have seized on the documents declassified by Ratcliffe, including the release of Brennan's notes and the CIA memo, as evidence the FBI should investigate unfounded claims that Clinton committed crimes during the 2016 campaign.

They have also cited the documents in an attempt to further undermine the intelligence community's unanimous assessment that Russia interfered in 2016 to help Trump ahead of the 2020 election -- claiming, without proof, that Clinton sought to manufacture a scandal to hurt Trump.
So I guess you are allowed to comment on my posts, but I am not allowed to post on yours? Hmmmm...

Amazing how uncorroborated evidence of wrongdoings (such as Trump comments regarding soldiers or Russian bounties) is treated as solid intel, but when it goes against a Democrat it is immediately discounted. Maybe this should be in the hypocrisy thread...

Brennan categorized Clinton’s actions as a “CAMPAIGN ACTIVITY”?!?! WTF?!?!. The Democrats actually funded the Steele Dossier. What else needs to be done to draw a conclusion?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/steele-dos ... 1586897258
Mr. Steele was tasked by contractors for the Hillary Clinton campaign in spring 2016 with assembling a summary of Trump-Russia allegations. This document, which became known as the Steele dossier, was fed to the FBI and became the central evidence in its applications for warrants against Trump campaign aide Carter Page. The FBI should have been wary of Mr. Steele’s reporting, having been warned he was connected to the rival campaign.
Release all notes without redactions like Trump has requested. Let’s see exactly what Obama, Biden and the Dems were doing.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:32 am

I'm not commenting on your posts. Just providing Brennan's reaction to Ratcliffe. The story you posted didn't have that. Giving everyone both sides of the story, but I'm sure there will be more to come. Thought they'd go well together. I just assumed you didn't see the CNN story, which is why you didn't post them together.

I don't care if you comment on my posts. What I don't like is you trashing and attacking me personally, and saying snide things to me like, "So I guess you are allowed to comment on my posts, but I am not allowed to post on yours? Hmmmm..." No one likes that. No one likes to see someone do that to someone else. We went through this a few times now, it's time to move on.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:23 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:32 am
I'm not commenting on your posts. Just providing Brennan's reaction to Ratcliffe. The story you posted didn't have that. Giving everyone both sides of the story, but I'm sure there will be more to come. Thought they'd go well together. I just assumed you didn't see the CNN story, which is why you didn't post them together.

I don't care if you comment on my posts. What I don't like is you trashing and attacking me personally, and saying snide things to me like, "So I guess you are allowed to comment on my posts, but I am not allowed to post on yours? Hmmmm..." No one likes that. No one likes to see someone do that to someone else. We went through this a few times now, it's time to move on.
You are right about my comment being somewhat snide. Not sure what you would expect though given your level of animosity over the past couple of months toward anything Republican or conservative. And I suppose that you could be just looking to provide additional information, but your history would not support that position. My apologies if you feel personally attacked, but how many times have you attacked others on this board? You reap what you sow.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:23 am
iaafan wrote:

You are right about my comment being somewhat snide. Not sure what you would expect though given your level of animosity over the past couple of months toward anything Republican or conservative. And I suppose that you could be just looking to provide additional information, but your history would not support that position. My apologies if you feel personally attacked, but how many times have you attacked others on this board? You reap what you sow.
I've been asking you for weeks to stop, but you still haven't. Perhaps if you did things would mellow out. Give it a try, please.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:40 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:11 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

I've been asking you for weeks to stop, but you still haven't. Perhaps if you did things would mellow out. Give it a try, please.
Why doNt you just put me on ignore?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:40 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Because if someone is bashing me, I like to defend myself. Plus, "ignore" only works if you're logged in. I usually just see what people are saying, then log in. I think it'd just be easier to act civil.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:29 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Because if someone is bashing me, I like to defend myself. Plus, "ignore" only works if you're logged in. I usually just see what people are saying, then log in. I think it'd just be easier to act civil.
You do realize that you are asking to have the ability to post, but you don’t want anybody with conflicting information to counter your post. And half the time, your posts are attacking Republicans or conservatives. Shouldn’t we be able to respond or provide a counter opinion? I will keep my comments civil, but quite honestly, most of the time you get pissed because the information provided does not meet your agenda.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:05 pm

iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Let's see, a little over a month ago you called me "dog crap in the wind". I guess you are now reborn or something.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:15 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:05 pm
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Let's see, a little over a month ago you called me "dog crap in the wind". I guess you are now reborn or something.
If someone is going to come at me, like you did, then at first I'll bring right back. It ain't like I just bring it for no reason. When it persists, then I'm telling people to cease and desist. Simple as that.

You guys are actually arguing with me and railing on me as I'm asking you to politely stop with the petty insults. So how many times do I need to ask? This has been going on for weeks now: I get slammed, I ask for it to stop, it continues, I ask again, it continues. I think I might know why, but after a certain amount of requests you'd think it finally come to an end.

Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:03 pm

In keeping with the thread title has there ever been so many high profile members of a political party that have been so adamantly and openly opposed to the presidential candidate from their party as there are National and state republicans against Trump?
On the same line have there ever been so many former administration members adamantly and openly opposed to their former boss/administration?

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:06 pm

Imagine if ANY POTUS before Trump called a TV show for an hour. His actions are odd and unpresidential.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:43 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:06 pm
Imagine if ANY POTUS before Trump called a TV show for an hour. His actions are odd and unpresidential.

Another hit opinion piece by CNN. The days of just reporting the news are long gone. This is just another example of crappy opinion journalism.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:32 am

Nancy is apparently a doctor now. I wonder if there is a requirement for mental stability with the speaker of the house?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/08/nancy-pel ... sense/amp/

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:36 am

The Butcher wrote:

Later that night Trump calls into Hannity for almost a half hour ranting again, and this time he needed a break because of a coughing episode. Trump is unwell!

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:38 am

On of the biggest issues before the election has been the Supreme Court. Has a candidate ever said that he won’t disclose his position on such a prominent subject until after the election? Isn’t he basically saying I won’t tell you my position until you have already cast your vote?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1242658
Joe Biden on Thursday said he is withholding his position on the pivotal issue of expanding the Supreme Court until after Election Day, telling reporters that, “you’ll know my opinion on court-packing the minute the election is over.”

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:53 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:36 am
The Butcher wrote:

Later that night Trump calls into Hannity for almost a half hour ranting again, and this time he needed a break because of a coughing episode. Trump is unwell!
Yeah. He calls in to the highest rated cable talk show on TV. It is basically a free campaign ad to millions. How dumb! And all when other outlets won’t actually give him fair coverage. Seems like a pretty smart move to me.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:36 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:36 am
The Butcher wrote:

Fox News has gotten a little better, but I think it's because Trump is just so completely off his rocker. I like that Chris Wallace consistently corrects Trump and his administration officials. I think the bigwigs at Fox are telling their folks that they should start hedging away from him. Down the road I don't think they will want to be attached to him. Even Fox and Friends says something occasionally. There's only so much you can do for Trump and if you want anyone, even die hard Republican voters, you have to step up from time to time. Trump is without question down at the bottom of the barrel of presidents all time. He isn't even a good person. I could never vote for him even if I agreed with every policy he had. The number of high ranking republicans that have jumped off his sinking ship is unprecedented. It really has nothing to do with politics as much as it does his utter lack of fitness for the job.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:45 am

This is crazy. Another example of the media working against Trump. The next debate moderator was actually an intern for Joe Biden? AND he sent out of tweet this week to a Never-Trumper indicating some type of bias.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/debate-mo ... d-to-trump