Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:37 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:31 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:56 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:44 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:37 pm
CatBot wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:59 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:53 am
CatBot wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:31 am
Can Kinzinger save the GOP? I'm still holding out hope but I doubt it. Trump continues to be a Cat 5 hurricane of political destruction.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/09/politics ... index.html
Didn’t the Republicans take something like 13 seats in the House? I didn’t realize we were in such bad shape.
GOP had the house when Trump took office. Your post reminds of participation trophies.
If you were actually keeping score, you would realize that the Republicans actually gained 11 net seats in Congress. Trump lost the presidency, but to claim that the Republican party is in disarray with such results is ridiculous. I would love to see the Democrats keep pushing this liberal agendas because the Republicans are well positioned to take back more seats in the House in 2022.
Agree. The way some of things are playing out - we could be headed for absolute disaster.
We're currently in a disaster. This is what a disaster looks like. When Covid started did you actually think the USA would be the least able to respond to it? I know, despite my distrust of Trump, that I didn't.

The economy for every Democrat president in the past 60 years has been better than it was for the Republicans presidents, so I'm not sure why you're concerned. I'm confident Biden will lead the US to better times based on that. If he does, the Republicans will have a tough time gaining seats in both the House and Senate.

Both parties have districts and states that are easy wins, hence why you see some of the people in congress that you see. It's very unfortunate that there are areas of the country that will vote for these folks, but that will never change. Some years favor one party over the other inthe Senate due to the what seats are up for election.

The republican state legislatures are working hard in many states to establish strong voter suppression. That will help the republicans and that's the only disaster I see on the horizon. We have a party that doesn't want people to vote because it hurts their chances to win elections, so they establish rules that make it difficult to vote. They also work hard to gerrymander voting districts in their favor. That alone tells you the Republican party is in moral disarray, but is very well organized. Much more organized than the Democrats.
Oh boy. There's quite a bit wrong with several things in your comments but I want to call out just a couple things, and we'll probably just agree to disagree. That part I bolded above, so subjective. I always love the back and forth with people... well look how crappy the economy was under president Z. Ya, well that's because president Y left him a mess. What about president X? Well president W left him a mess. Pretty much always been that way. As for the voting thing, most of the republicans I know are all about making sure everyone has a chance to vote legally, and make sure only legal votes are counted. You talk about morality..... let's loosen up the borders and get more illegals into this country that can vote for democrats.
It can be subjective, but when studied by non-partisan organizations and universities the bottom line is that it's better for the economy to have democrats in control.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-e ... 1611158787
Last edited by iaafan on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:38 pm

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:44 am

Yikes! Things continue to show just how much Trump tried to undermine the past election. Crazy to think that Republican elected officials who claim to want secure elections continue to have no issues with Trump's actions. I am curious how posters on BN that support Trump feel about this overt attempt to illegitimately win the election.

Trump pressured Georgia investigator to find 'the right answer' in baseless fraud push

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/10/politics ... index.html

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:31 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:56 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:44 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:37 pm
CatBot wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:59 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:53 am
CatBot wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:31 am
Can Kinzinger save the GOP? I'm still holding out hope but I doubt it. Trump continues to be a Cat 5 hurricane of political destruction.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/09/politics ... index.html
Didn’t the Republicans take something like 13 seats in the House? I didn’t realize we were in such bad shape.
GOP had the house when Trump took office. Your post reminds of participation trophies.
If you were actually keeping score, you would realize that the Republicans actually gained 11 net seats in Congress. Trump lost the presidency, but to claim that the Republican party is in disarray with such results is ridiculous. I would love to see the Democrats keep pushing this liberal agendas because the Republicans are well positioned to take back more seats in the House in 2022.
Agree. The way some of things are playing out - we could be headed for absolute disaster.
We're currently in a disaster. This is what a disaster looks like. When Covid started did you actually think the USA would be the least able to respond to it? I know, despite my distrust of Trump, that I didn't.

The economy for every Democrat president in the past 60 years has been better than it was for the Republicans presidents, so I'm not sure why you're concerned. I'm confident Biden will lead the US to better times based on that. If he does, the Republicans will have a tough time gaining seats in both the House and Senate.

Both parties have districts and states that are easy wins, hence why you see some of the people in congress that you see. It's very unfortunate that there are areas of the country that will vote for these folks, but that will never change. Some years favor one party over the other inthe Senate due to the what seats are up for election.

The republican state legislatures are working hard in many states to establish strong voter suppression. That will help the republicans and that's the only disaster I see on the horizon. We have a party that doesn't want people to vote because it hurts their chances to win elections, so they establish rules that make it difficult to vote. They also work hard to gerrymander voting districts in their favor. That alone tells you the Republican party is in moral disarray, but is very well organized. Much more organized than the Democrats.
Oh boy. There's quite a bit wrong with several things in your comments but I want to call out just a couple things, and we'll probably just agree to disagree. That part I bolded above, so subjective. I always love the back and forth with people... well look how crappy the economy was under president Z. Ya, well that's because president Y left him a mess. What about president X? Well president W left him a mess. Pretty much always been that way. As for the voting thing, most of the republicans I know are all about making sure everyone has a chance to vote legally, and make sure only legal votes are counted. You talk about morality..... let's loosen up the borders and get more illegals into this country that can vote for democrats.
Good post!! And let’s not forget the ability for felons to vote, all people currently incarcerated, adding Puerto Rico as a state and allowing kids at least 16 years old to vote.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/politics ... index.html

Sidney Powell's defense is ... everyone-knew-I-was-lying-so-it's-not-really-lying. :shock:

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Sidney Powell's defense is ... everyone-knew-I-was-lying-so-it's-not-really-lying. :shock:
Lol. She had millions of brainwashed suckers believing her. What a world we live in.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:30 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

Lol. She had millions of brainwashed suckers believing her. What a world we live in.
I'm no judge, but that argument seems flimsy at best. :lol:

“I’m not liable for defamation because it should have been clear to everyone that I was just making s*%t up.”

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:27 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:30 am
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

I'm no judge, but that argument seems flimsy at best. :lol:

“I’m not liable for defamation because it should have been clear to everyone that I was just making s*%t up.”
I'll have to go look it up again, but I saw a politician using the same argument yesterday. Actually someone was referencing what happened with Tucker Carlson a few months ago. So Powell didn't invent this, it's Tucker Carlson that deserves credit. The Fox News lawyers successfully defended Carlson with this defense.

Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:37 am

It doesn’t matter what party you belong to, this is wrong. I hope the feds get involved and put an end to their efforts. I wish there was a way to identify all of these protesters and and out them as members of white supremacy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/white-lives- ... ge-reports