Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:46 am
Changing direction for a moment. Ummm, has there been a nut job like this holding such a high post in our government?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09 ... deep-state

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 am

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:54 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 am
Oh man. That was incredible. That last old lady literally had me laughing out loud.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:56 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 am
That is just crazy. Wow!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:54 am

This has actually never happened!
I guess anti-science doesn't fly with the Scientific American magazine folks.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/1 ... den-415132

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 am

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:20 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 am
That is a super reliable source. Former chair of the Democratic National committee. Former Biden campaign guy. Former Obama guy. I am sure he is not the least bit biased.

Of course if you looked elsewhere at more reputable sources, you might seen something like this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-middle-east-51289277
After holding talks with Mr Trump in Washington DC on Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised the president as "the greatest friend that Israel has had in the White House".
"The deal of the century is the opportunity of a century, and we're not going to pass it by," he said.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:31 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:23 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:03 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:50 pm
Are you asking if a terrible accident has ever occurred before? Or just specifically a Republican or Democrat?
Has this ever happened before? That's the title of the thread anyways, so just guessing that'd be what he's asking. Do people often say they thought they hit a deer when it was actually another human being? I don't think I've ever heard of that one before, but not saying it hasn't happened.

The SD AG had six speeding tix from 2014 to 2018. A lot people, including myself, think he's probably lying, do you? But how do you prove something like that? When you hit a deer, you should mercifully go back and check to make sure it's dead, and that it isn't causing a hazard for other motorists. It's not a law. Given, that he's an AG, the fact that he didn't stay at the scene for law enforcement is suspicious. That would've been the 'by-the-book' thing to do.
This is a very sad deal for sure. I have heard of a driver hitting a human and trying to claim they thought it was a deer or dog but I didn't believe them in that case and don't in this one either.
This story sounds a little bit similar to when Shane Hedges who was an aide to Gov. Judy Martz was the driver in an accident where another man was killed. If I recall correctly at first he seemed to deny his level of involvement but eventually did plead guilty to the charges that were brought against him. Hopefully the SD AG will do the right thing in this case as well. The Hedges wreck was the one where Gov. Martz thought it was a good idea to wash Hedges' bloody clothes ...
The AG released his version of events yesterday. Not blow by blow, but essentially said he hit what he assumed was a deer. He stopped along the road, couldn't find anything. He went nearby to the sheriff's house and got him (apparently know each other?) They both went out, couldn't find anything. AG said he was headed in the next morning with a staffer (?), they stopped in the daylight to look, discovered the man in the ditch, called the sheriff back over. Says he didn't have a drop to drink at the event the prior night, providing lists of people to verify. Says he has sat down to be interviewed and is cooperating. Obviously a lot of threads to follow for investigators, and what you're likely to believe or disbelieve depends on your political bent and ability to be impartial. Quite different than the Martz/Hedges situation from years ago.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:06 am

KittieKop wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:31 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Are you asking if a terrible accident has ever occurred before? Or just specifically a Republican or Democrat?
Has this ever happened before? That's the title of the thread anyways, so just guessing that'd be what he's asking. Do people often say they thought they hit a deer when it was actually another human being? I don't think I've ever heard of that one before, but not saying it hasn't happened.

The SD AG had six speeding tix from 2014 to 2018. A lot people, including myself, think he's probably lying, do you? But how do you prove something like that? When you hit a deer, you should mercifully go back and check to make sure it's dead, and that it isn't causing a hazard for other motorists. It's not a law. Given, that he's an AG, the fact that he didn't stay at the scene for law enforcement is suspicious. That would've been the 'by-the-book' thing to do.
This is a very sad deal for sure. I have heard of a driver hitting a human and trying to claim they thought it was a deer or dog but I didn't believe them in that case and don't in this one either.
This story sounds a little bit similar to when Shane Hedges who was an aide to Gov. Judy Martz was the driver in an accident where another man was killed. If I recall correctly at first he seemed to deny his level of involvement but eventually did plead guilty to the charges that were brought against him. Hopefully the SD AG will do the right thing in this case as well. The Hedges wreck was the one where Gov. Martz thought it was a good idea to wash Hedges' bloody clothes ...
The AG released his version of events yesterday. Not blow by blow, but essentially said he hit what he assumed was a deer. He stopped along the road, couldn't find anything. He went nearby to the sheriff's house and got him (apparently know each other?) They both went out, couldn't find anything. AG said he was headed in the next morning with a staffer (?), they stopped in the daylight to look, discovered the man in the ditch, called the sheriff back over. Says he didn't have a drop to drink at the event the prior night, providing lists of people to verify. Says he has sat down to be interviewed and is cooperating. Obviously a lot of threads to follow for investigators, and what you're likely to believe or disbelieve depends on your political bent and ability to be impartial. Quite different than the Martz/Hedges situation from years ago.
This goes to show that one must go with the Dan Bongino train of thought, wait 24-48 hours until much more information surfaces... So far this really changes the narrative.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:26 am

RickRund wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:06 am
KittieKop wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

This goes to show that one must go with the Dan Bongino train of thought, wait 24-48 hours until much more information surfaces... So far this really changes the narrative.
It changes it from 'has anyone ever hit a person and thought it was a deer' to 'has anyone ever hit a deer and when they looked for it and didn't find it called 911 and drove to their "friend" the county sheriff's house and they both went and looked for the ^deer^ and couldn't find it and then it turns out to be a person the next day?'

Maybe Bongino meant to wait 72-96 hours? Oh, wait, it's already past that.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:10 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:26 am
RickRund wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

It changes it from 'has anyone ever hit a person and thought it was a deer' to 'has anyone ever hit a deer and when they looked for it and didn't find it called 911 and drove to their "friend" the county sheriff's house and they both went and looked for the ^deer^ and couldn't find it and then it turns out to be a person the next day?'

Why you so interested in this story?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:10 am
iaafan wrote:
RickRund wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Why are you so interested in why I'm interested in this story? Whatever I say, you're going to say I'm biased or that it's politically motivated because the AG is a Republican. I've asked you to leave me be a couple times now. I have an old friend, who has since passed away, that hit and killed someone walking down the road in the middle of the night. He stayed at the scene, admitted to it, went to jail, did his time and lived with the guilt for the rest of his life. He became an alcoholic. I also know of someone that was killed by a driver and that driver, never spent a day in jail, never paid a dime in restitution and probably had no remorse. But, yeah, I just hate Republicans and I'm so biased that I want any Republican remotely associated with any crime to go to jail for it. That's why I'm interested, right? Since I disagree with you on anything and link sites that are left-leaning, I have to be biased and out to get the Republicans, because you, who post links from right-leaning sites that give all Republicans the benefit of the doubt all the time, aren't biased at all. That's the way it is, right? Anyway this is why I've asked you to leave me be. You can ask me questions, but don't expect me to respond often, if at all.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:06 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 pm
Why are you so interested in why I'm interested in this story? Whatever I say, you're going to say I'm biased or that it's politically motivated because the AG is a Republican. I've asked you to leave me be a couple times now. I have an old friend, who has since passed away, that hit and killed someone walking down the road in the middle of the night. He stayed at the scene, admitted to it, went to jail, did his time and lived with the guilt for the rest of his life. He became an alcoholic. I also know of someone that was killed by a driver and that driver, never spent a day in jail, never paid a dime in restitution and probably had no remorse. But, yeah, I just hate Republicans and I'm so biased that I want any Republican remotely associated with any crime to go to jail for it. That's why I'm interested, right? Since I disagree with you on anything and link sites that are left-leaning, I have to be biased and out to get the Republicans, because you, who post links from right-leaning sites that give all Republicans the benefit of the doubt all the time, aren't biased at all. That's the way it is, right? Anyway this is why I've asked you to leave me be. You can ask me questions, but don't expect me to respond often, if at all.
I know some folks in the State's government in Pierre and they said the AG's office is extremely stressful right now. A big part is due to the fact he is still working- not on any type of leave. :shock:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:43 pm

Last edited by wbtfg on Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:57 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

It does seem different than that Hedges situation years ago but something still seems quite a bit off with the story the AG is giving.
Frankly I think he pretty much knew that he had not hit a deer. For someone who assumed he had hit a deer he seems to have gone far beyond the norm to find the assumed hit deer. It's sad no matter what. It's at least a good thing that he evidently hadn't been drinking.

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:37 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:10 am
iaafan wrote:
RickRund wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Sorry for your loss. I have dealt with similar life experiences in my life as well. It happens way too often.

As for my responses to your posts, I didn’t realize that your posts were off limits. I guess you are entitled to post any crap that fits your agenda whether it is accurate or not.

I find it funny that you regularly comment on my posts🤷‍♂️ - and usually not in a positive manner as well. I guess that you are entitled to whine about everyone else, but nobody else can comment on your posts.

Here is the deal. Put me on ignore.