Has this ever happened before?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Has this ever happened before?

Post by wbtfg » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:51 pm

“More than 70 former GOP national security officials wrote an open letter backing Biden, calling Trump corrupt and unfit to lead“

https://www.businessinsider.com/former- ... ter-2020-8

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Has this ever happened before?

Post by arvcat2 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:51 pm
“More than 70 former GOP national security officials wrote an open letter backing Biden, calling Trump corrupt and unfit to lead“

Wow, my goodness, that’s it for Trump, he might as well concede now. 70, count them, gasp, 70 warmongering neocon bureaucrats (not all GOP by the way, just another par for the course biased & misleading headline from the Demedia).....a devastating blow.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:05 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:

Wow, my goodness, that’s it for Trump, he might as well concede now. 70, count them, gasp, 70 warmongering neocon bureaucrats (not all GOP by the way, just another par for the course biased & misleading headline from the Demedia).....a devastating blow.
I’ll take that as a no.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:33 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:05 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.
Now wait, I need to see the analysis from BuzzFeed, NPR, and the always reliable NYT for the facts before it's a no.

oedipuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by oedipuss » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:58 pm

I was watching something the other night where one of the commentators raised a point I hadn't thought about. They said that George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney would not be wanted or invited at this year's Republican National Convention. And it took me aback to think that past presidents and nominees of the party of Lincoln would no longer be welcome within its doors. Then I thought about the folks still in the circus tent that won't be invited: Lisa Murkowski, Ben Sasse, Liz Cheney, past senator Jeff Flake, and Larry Hogan. It's just bizarre. My dad who's in his 70's recently said he wasn't voting for any of the current lineup of Republicans in the election. When I asked him why, he said because he hadn't changed or abandoned the Republican Party in all the years he had been voting but they had recently abandoned him. Now I think dad's world view has changed as he's been battling blatter cancer for the past year. But it's different for me to hear my grumpy old Norwegian father- who espoused the virtues of Reagan daily as I grew up- basically giving up on this "new" Republican Party.

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:55 am

oedipuss wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:58 pm
I was watching something the other night where one of the commentators raised a point I hadn't thought about. They said that George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney would not be wanted or invited at this year's Republican National Convention. And it took me aback to think that past presidents and nominees of the party of Lincoln would no longer be welcome within its doors. Then I thought about the folks still in the circus tent that won't be invited: Lisa Murkowski, Ben Sasse, Liz Cheney, past senator Jeff Flake, and Larry Hogan. It's just bizarre. My dad who's in his 70's recently said he wasn't voting for any of the current lineup of Republicans in the election. When I asked him why, he said because he hadn't changed or abandoned the Republican Party in all the years he had been voting but they had recently abandoned him. Now I think dad's world view has changed as he's been battling blatter cancer for the past year. But it's different for me to hear my grumpy old Norwegian father- who espoused the virtues of Reagan daily as I grew up- basically giving up on this "new" Republican Party.
I had posted something a week ago about how the Democratic Party has changed and noted specific Democratic policies that have moved to the Liberal left. Just curious what Republican policies you believe have changed?

Also genuinely interested, but where does your Dad get the majority of his news? Is mainstream media like NBC or CNN. The left leaning coverage has really been focused on making Trump look bad. I think that has been a real problem that is shaping this election.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:31 am

wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.
It would seem the endorsement of Trump by various Police Union’s across the country will more than compensate for the loss of these 70 FORMER bureaucrats. Speaking of never happening before.....

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:31 am
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.
It would seem the endorsement of Trump by various Police Union’s across the country will more than compensate for the loss of these 70 FORMER bureaucrats. Speaking of never happening before.....
There seems to be a fine line between a bureaucrat and patriot these days

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:15 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:37 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.
What did they do to be declared patriots?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:42 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:15 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.
They opposed the President and support those outstanding policies of the biden candidacy. :roll:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:32 am

RickRund wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:42 am
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.
They opposed the President and support those outstanding policies of the biden candidacy. :roll:
I haven’t done background checks on all 70+ individuals, but I’d imagine there are a number of Purple Hearts in there.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:15 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:32 am
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.
I haven’t done background checks on all 70+ individuals, but I’d imagine there are a number of Purple Hearts in there.
Did you do a background check on this guy?

https://www.cov.com/en/professionals/v/john-veroneau

Seems like there are plenty of bureaucrats in that group.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:31 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:15 am
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.

No, but seems like a bright, successful fella.

Chamber USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers, International Trade
Chambers Global, International Trade - Trade Remedies & Trade Policy (US)
Legal 500 US, Government Relations
Legal 500 US, Litigation - International Trade
Best Lawyers in America, International Trade & Finance
American Bar Association Task Force on Foreign Investment and Trade Policy, Member
Council on Foreign Relations Trade Task Force, Member
USTR Distinguished Public Service Award
University of Maine School of Law 2005 Distinguished Alumni Award
U.S. Department of Defense Distinguished Public Service Award
U.S. Department of the Army Exceptional Public Service Award
U.S. Department of the Navy Distinguished Public Service Award
U.S. Department of the Air Force Distinguished Public Service Award

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:59 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.

American Bar Association Task Force on Foreign Investment and Trade Policy, Member
Smart guy. Does that make him a Patriot? Seems Trump has more awards and distinguished titles as well so you must believe Trump is a Patriot as well.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:59 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.

Smart guy. Does that make him a Patriot? Seems Trump has more awards and distinguished titles as well so you must believe Trump is a Patriot as well.
](*,)

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:59 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:

I’ll take that as a no.

Trump is the title holder of "Lost More Money Than Anyone in America Between 1985-1994" :lol: :lol: :lol:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Wow, that new RVAT ad with the former asst sec of homeland security Counter Terrorism Unit is eye opening.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:39 pm

Speaking of things I never thought would happen.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:39 pm

Considering the thread title this has to go here:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics ... index.html

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:41 pm

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber