Hard Data for COVID19 Numbers

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Hard Data for COVID19 Numbers

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:31 pm

Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a site that will show the percent chance of healthy, younger people actually dying from this virus. I've been arguing all along that the number is extremely low, as in incredibly low. However, I don't have the hard data to back that up. Maybe this data doesn't exist yet.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hard Data for COVID19 Numbers

Post by iaafan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:08 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:31 pm
Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a site that will show the percent chance of healthy, younger people actually dying from this virus. I've been arguing all along that the number is extremely low, as in incredibly low. However, I don't have the hard data to back that up. Maybe this data doesn't exist yet.
It’s probably similar to flu and pneumonia. Most illnesses afflict the elderly and immunodeficient. In the worst flu season (2017?) youth deaths were very low (like 300 out of 65,000), however, a disproportionate number didn’t get vaccinated.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hard Data for COVID19 Numbers

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:55 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:08 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:31 pm
It’s probably similar to flu and pneumonia. Most illnesses afflict the elderly and immunodeficient. In the worst flu season (2017?) youth deaths were very low (like 300 out of 65,000), however, a disproportionate number didn’t get vaccinated.
I tend to agree with you, that is probably fairly accurate. I had a guy telling me COVID was more like the common cold in terms of causing death in younger healthy people, but it seems like it's probably more like flu, pneumonia, mono, etc. as you state.

https://theconversation.com/can-you-die ... old-126241

Great time to be a BOBCAT!