Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:22 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:38 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:25 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:19 pm
There will never be an election cycle without sexual assault allegations, attacks on moral character, digging up dirt, etc. Attack politics will always win. Anger is the strongest motivator.

Trump is the best I've ever seen at getting people angry, on both sides.
Attack politics will win. I’ve accepted that. It’d be nice if the attack politics involved stances regarding politics.

I gotta think there are people out there, interested in politics, who would love to run for office, who NEVER sexually assaulted anyone.

Might not see it in my lifetime, but it’d be amazing to get to that point sometime in the future.
It’s crazy how much we’ve normalized that so where it is no longer a deal breaker.

4 years ago Rs had a number of candidates without any sexual assault allegations. And this year the Dems had a number of candidates with no accusations.

Obviously allegations no longer mean anything unless they are against the enemy party. Sad.
I mean we literally have a guy running our country who hung out with pedophiles and talked about grabbing women’s pussies. And people will back him because he’s “their” party. It’s so backwards.

Then the dems can’t find ANYONE better than Biden? It seems crazy to me. I’ll be withholding my vote this go round and watch from the cheap seats the next 4 years. 8)

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:27 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:22 pm
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
There will never be an election cycle without sexual assault allegations, attacks on moral character, digging up dirt, etc. Attack politics will always win. Anger is the strongest motivator.

Attack politics will win. I’ve accepted that. It’d be nice if the attack politics involved stances regarding politics.

I gotta think there are people out there, interested in politics, who would love to run for office, who NEVER sexually assaulted anyone.

Might not see it in my lifetime, but it’d be amazing to get to that point sometime in the future.
It’s crazy how much we’ve normalized that so where it is no longer a deal breaker.

4 years ago Rs had a number of candidates without any sexual assault allegations. And this year the Dems had a number of candidates with no accusations.

Obviously allegations no longer mean anything unless they are against the enemy party. Sad.
I mean we literally have a guy running our country who hung out with pedophiles and talked about grabbing women’s pussies. And people will back him because he’s “their” party. It’s so backwards.

Then the dems can’t find ANYONE better than Biden? It seems crazy to me. I’ll be withholding my vote this go round and watch from the cheap seats the next 4 years. 8)
You’re not wrong.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:12 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Where you coming up with that pedophile allegation? Literally very curious, please let us know.

Do you prefer Old Style or Old Milwaukee? I can try to get Bob Uecker to bring some to you in the cheap seats.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:40 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:12 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Where you coming up with that pedophile allegation? Literally very curious, please let us know.

Do you prefer Old Style or Old Milwaukee? I can try to get Bob Uecker to bring some to you in the cheap seats.
Just google “Trump and Epstein”. You’ll find multiple photos from multiple events of Trump and Epestein palling around. After that google “Trump and Maxwell”. Similar results.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:59 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:40 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Just google “Trump and Epstein”. You’ll find multiple photos from multiple events of Trump and Epestein palling around. After that google “Trump and Maxwell”. Similar results.
Opps, my bad, thought he was accusing Trump of participating in pedophilia. But if he's a terrible person for being at the same parties and being photographed with him and the madam, there are ALOT of terrible people. I'm more interested in the people who actually went to the sex island or the NM ranch. It is that list that we ALL need to see.

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:07 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:59 pm
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Opps, my bad, thought he was accusing Trump of participating in pedophilia. But if he's a terrible person for being at the same parties and being photographed with him and the madam, there are ALOT of terrible people. I'm more interested in the people who actually went to the sex island or the NM ranch. It is that list that we ALL need to see.
And wbtfg is notorious for leaving out pertinent details that shed additional light. Trump actually banned Epstein from his Florida resort in the early 2000’s when it was learned that Epstein hit on another members teenage daughter. Trump also voluntarily supplied information to an attorney representing Epstein’s victims. Of course he won’t mention favorite Democrat Bill Clinton traveling to Epstein’s private island over 20 times.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:18 pm

wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

We know you hate Trump, but the Dems had a chance to beat him in 2016 and another in 2020. The man is so flawed, yet your party cannot put up a candidate to beat him. That is your parties fault. Maybe you should spend more time figuring out why your party continues to choose such poor candidates, and less time focused on Trump. The DNC is a great example. The whole convention was spent attacking Trump. Maybe more discussion on policies that could attract voters might have been beneficial.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:24 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:18 pm
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

We know you hate Trump, but the Dems had a chance to beat him in 2016 and another in 2020. The man is so flawed, yet your party cannot put up a candidate to beat him. That is your parties fault. Maybe you should spend more time figuring out why your party continues to choose such poor candidates, and less time focused on Trump. The DNC is a great example. The whole convention was spent attacking Trump. Maybe more discussion on policies that could attract voters might have been beneficial.
So, you agree. Not a deal breaker.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:26 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:07 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

And wbtfg is notorious for leaving out pertinent details that shed additional light. Trump actually banned Epstein from his Florida resort in the early 2000’s when it was learned that Epstein hit on another members teenage daughter. Trump also voluntarily supplied information to an attorney representing Epstein’s victims. Of course he won’t mention favorite Democrat Bill Clinton traveling to Epstein’s private island over 20 times.
Couldn't agree more Cataholic. wbtfg is in stage 5 TDS and but I have something of a truce with him, do appreciate your input though. I also googled Clinton & Epstein images and got a generous spattering of Trump & Epstein images. That's Google for you.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:36 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:26 pm
Cataholic wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Couldn't agree more Cataholic. wbtfg is in stage 5 TDS and but I have something of a truce with him, do appreciate your input though. I also googled Clinton & Epstein images and got a generous spattering of Trump & Epstein images. That's Google for you.
I’m flattered you boys are making this about me. I really am.

Also, sorry to break it to you, but I’ve never voted for anyone with the last name Clinton.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:42 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:36 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:26 pm
Cataholic wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

I’m flattered you boys are making this about me. I really am.

Also, sorry to break it to you, but I’ve never voted for anyone with the last name Clinton.
Atta boy, I did, indirectly & naively, by voting for Ross Perot in 1992.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:00 pm

Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Ya, good post. It kind of reminds me of Choate talking about how to win. He says they focus on themselves... and how to get better. He doesn't spend a lot of time talking about the Griz, but rather focuses on the Bobcats - and the Bobcats have beaten the Cats four years in a row. :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:13 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:00 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Ya, good post. It kind of reminds me of Choate talking about how to win. He says they focus on themselves... and how to get better. He doesn't spend a lot of time talking about the Griz, but rather focuses on the Bobcats - and the Bobcats have beaten the Cats four years in a row. :D
Interesting narrative.

I think any qb club member can tell you Choate focuses on UM 100x more than Ash ever did, and that’s a big reason why we’ve beaten them 4 years running.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:43 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:13 pm
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Interesting narrative.

I think any qb club member can tell you Choate focuses on UM 100x more than Ash ever did, and that’s a big reason why we’ve beaten them 4 years running.
Being a QB club member myself, Choate understands they importance of beating the Griz. However, he is not focused on just them. That is one of the reasons we made the quarterfinals last year - because every game is an important one.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Interesting narrative.

Being a QB club member myself, Choate understands they importance of beating the Griz. However, he is not focused on just them. That is one of the reasons we made the quarterfinals last year - because every game is an important one.
Here’s the thing though. If choate was an awful guy, and accused of sexual assault, and was caught constantly lying, and basically just a bad person.....we don’t HAVE to support him just because he’s a Bobcat. And if Hauck is a terrible person, accused of sexual assault, was caught lying, and basically a bad person, Griz fans aren’t forced to support him because he’s a griz. It doesn’t have to work that way.

It’d be ok to really love choate, support him, but not agree with every single thing he does because he’s a Cat. And if Hauck cured cancer we wouldn’t have to still hate him because he’s a griz. It’s a wacky mindset. I think people could benefit remembering this in sports AND politics.

It’s like when people tell me about MY party. I don’t have a party. They’re both garbage. It’s ok to accept that sometimes with certain issues. Both can do good things. Both bad. Just because the Cats run the ball amazingly doesn’t mean for some reason the Griz kicking game sucks. It’s not black and white.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:27 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:59 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Interesting narrative.

Here’s the thing though. If choate was an awful guy, and accused of sexual assault, and was caught constantly lying, and basically just a bad person.....we don’t HAVE to support him just because he’s a Bobcat. And if Hauck is a terrible person, accused of sexual assault, was caught lying, and basically a bad person, Griz fans aren’t forced to support him because he’s a griz. It doesn’t have to work that way.

It’d be ok to really love choate, support him, but not agree with every single thing he does because he’s a Cat. And if Hauck cured cancer we wouldn’t have to still hate him because he’s a griz. It’s a wacky mindset. I think people could benefit remembering this in sports AND politics.

It’s like when people tell me about MY party. I don’t have a party. They’re both garbage. It’s ok to accept that sometimes with certain issues. Both can do good things. Both bad. Just because the Cats run the ball amazingly doesn’t mean for some reason the Griz kicking game sucks. It’s not black and white.
Haha! You make a good point that we hold our football coaches to a higher standard than our candidates for president. I say that tongue in cheek (kinda - because there is some validity in that statement), but other skills are probably more important in running our country. It is sad though that our options are so flawed.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Interesting narrative.

Haha! You make a good point that we hold our football coaches to a higher standard than our candidates for president. I say that tongue in cheek (kinda - because there is some validity in that statement), but other skills are probably more important in running our country. It is sad though that our options are so flawed.
Precisely!

I just hate our options. I’ve been legally allowed to vote for about 22 years. Five presidential elections. I’ve voted in two of them. I try to educate myself the best I can, though admittedly not always great. But if I feel like a candidate isn’t a person I’d even like being neighbors with...I certainly couldn’t vote for him to lead our country!

Just want to see a day where we get back to the person before the party. And if a person is crap, just because they belong to “my” party, doesn’t mean you can’t call him crap!

Why are so many people so attached to a party? I genuinely am curious.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:22 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Interesting narrative.

Precisely!

I just hate our options. I’ve been legally allowed to vote for about 22 years. Five presidential elections. I’ve voted in two of them. I try to educate myself the best I can, though admittedly not always great. But if I feel like a candidate isn’t a person I’d even like being neighbors with...I certainly couldn’t vote for him to lead our country!

Just want to see a day where we get back to the person before the party. And if a person is crap, just because they belong to “my” party, doesn’t mean you can’t call him crap!

Simple - it is policy. There are some policies that are more important to me. For me, policy is more important than the candidate. There are some Republican policies that I don’t align with, but the good outweighs the negatives for me. The Democrats are too far left for me and I think they could lead our country to an economic disaster. Just look at how poorly the large Democratic cities are being run. Why should we expect a different result if they are running the country?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:43 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:22 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

Interesting narrative.

Precisely!

Simple - it is policy. There are some policies that are more important to me. For me, policy is more important than the candidate. There are some Republican policies that I don’t align with, but the good outweighs the negatives for me. The Democrats are too far left for me and I think they could lead our country to an economic disaster. Just look at how poorly the large Democratic cities are being run. Why should we expect a different result if they are running the country?
neither one of you has anything to worry about. Until the electoral college is eliminated, iltc’s vote will most likely never matter in a presidential election. That’s just the reality. You’re merely cheering from the cheap seats here in Montana. The democrats have never led us to an economic disaster. The Rs caused the Great Depression and Great Recession and just about every recession in between.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Spot on timing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's No Evidence Supporting Trump's Mail Ballot Warnings, FBI Says
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/26/90626257 ... vWdTgwOz1k

However the FBI did state the following which Trump ignores:
Intelligence officials did continue to warn, however, that a number of foreign countries, including Russia, China and Iran, continue to engage in overt and covert influence operations aimed at the 2020 presidential race.