Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by The Butcher » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:50 am

Trump's voter fraud through the mail excuse is getting more confusing every day! After the FBI said mail fraud isn't an issue, Trump changes his argument. This time he is BLAMING election workers not the USPS for fraud! How can ANYONE take him serious?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... t-n1238387

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:56 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:48 pm
=D^ =D^ =D^

Hi-Line Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:46 pm

Grandpa died this year in October and he still got a stimulus check. Being the good citizens we are, we mailed the check back.

That is the problem, ballots will go out to the last known address. Voter fraud will happen, and I can’t figure out why anybody would want mail in voting. Oh wait......I can....the left hates trump so much they will stop at anything to have illegals and citizens vote multiple times. Easy to do with mail in voting.

"I have an unhealthy obsession with Bobcat football...and arguing!!"

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:56 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:46 pm
Grandpa died this year in October and he still got a stimulus check. Being the good citizens we are, we mailed the check back.

That is the problem, ballots will go out to the last known address. Voter fraud will happen, and I can’t figure out why anybody would want mail in voting. Oh wait......I can....the left hates trump so much they will stop at anything to have illegals and citizens vote multiple times. Easy to do with mail in voting.
Again, there is no proof about voter fraud according to experts... Crazy that Trump has his base worry about voting via mail, even when that is how he votes.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:51 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:56 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Again, there is no proof about voter fraud according to experts... Crazy that Trump has his base worry about voting via mail, even when that is how he votes.
Hi Line just gave you an actual example!! And your TDS does not allow any common sense to get through.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:41 am

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:48 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:51 am
The Butcher wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Hi Line just gave you an actual example!! And your TDS does not allow any common sense to get through.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't ballots come from the county election administrators while stimulus checks come from the US department of treasury? It's not like it's the same people looking at the same lists. This is like comparing apples to.....uhhh…..something that doesn't really resemble an apple.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:55 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:48 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't ballots come from the county election administrators while stimulus checks come from the US department of treasury? It's not like it's the same people looking at the same lists. This is like comparing apples to.....uhhh…..something that doesn't really resemble an apple.
I'm not sure about that. My opinion on this whole thing is that we already have a system in place for absentee ballots if people are concerned about voting in person due to COVID? So why can't people just do that?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:21 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:55 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:48 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

I'm not sure about that. My opinion on this whole thing is that we already have a system in place for absentee ballots if people are concerned about voting in person due to COVID? So why can't people just do that?
I don't necessarily disagree, but I defer to the county election offices who are the experts on what's feasible and what isn't for them. I know one of the big concerns of in person voting is having enough election officials. Many of the current election volunteers are 70 and 80+ years old and aren't as willing to volunteer in this years (for obvious reasons) as they have been in years past.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:17 pm

Everyone should want as many people as possible to vote. The government should be pushing for people to get signed up for absentee ballots and should be getting states to loosen their absentee voting rules. There's too much big money in politics and a great way to negate that is to get people to vote. More voters creates more moderate, critical thinking candidates, which in turn creates more moderate, critical thinking voters.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:56 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:17 pm
Everyone should want as many people as possible to vote. The government should be pushing for people to get signed up for absentee ballots and should be getting states to loosen their absentee voting rules. There's too much big money in politics and a great way to negate that is to get people to vote. More voters creates more moderate, critical thinking candidates, which in turn creates more moderate, critical thinking voters.
YES!!!

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:42 am

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:09 am

Rich K wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:42 am
Crazy thing is Trump told supporters to commit voter fraud. Barr should be really worried his boss is telling his supporters to commit a felony by voting twice.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:35 pm

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/political ... VdQM2lhT3Y.
A top Democratic operative says voter fraud, especially with mail-in ballots, is no myth. And he knows this because he’s been doing it, on a grand scale, for decades.

Mail-in ballots have become the latest flashpoint in the 2020 elections. While President Trump and the GOP warn of widespread manipulation of the absentee vote that will swell with COVID polling restrictions, many Democrats and their media allies have dismissed such concerns as unfounded.

But the political insider, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he fears prosecution, said fraud is more the rule than the exception. His dirty work has taken him through the weeds of municipal and federal elections in Paterson, Atlantic City, Camden, Newark, Hoboken and Hudson County and his fingerprints can be found in local legislative, mayoral and congressional races across the Garden State. Some of the biggest names and highest office holders in New Jersey have benefited from his tricks, according to campaign records The Post reviewed.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:30 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:35 pm
A top Democratic operative says voter fraud, especially with mail-in ballots, is no myth. And he knows this because he’s been doing it, on a grand scale, for decades.

Mail-in ballots have become the latest flashpoint in the 2020 elections. While President Trump and the GOP warn of widespread manipulation of the absentee vote that will swell with COVID polling restrictions, many Democrats and their media allies have dismissed such concerns as unfounded.

But the political insider, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he fears prosecution, said fraud is more the rule than the exception. His dirty work has taken him through the weeds of municipal and federal elections in Paterson, Atlantic City, Camden, Newark, Hoboken and Hudson County and his fingerprints can be found in local legislative, mayoral and congressional races across the Garden State. Some of the biggest names and highest office holders in New Jersey have benefited from his tricks, according to campaign records The Post reviewed.
Shocker. Not.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coachouert

Post by coachouert » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:41 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:30 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Shocker. Not.
I was under the impression that anonymous sources couldn't be trusted? Or is it only "liberal" sources that can't be trusted? Since the NY Post leans right it's okay? Just trying to keep up with what is acceptable as information and what is considered "garbage."
You don’t see how you treated this differently? Somebody posts something from a conservative source and you regularly refute it. Yet in this instance, clearly a liberal left source, you are willing to give it the benefit of the doubt by posting it. You provided a little disclaimer, but this garbage is not fact. It is hearsay by a bunch of liberal left wing or disgruntled people.

Regardless, this article only uses “anonymous” sources. Trump and Pompeo have vigorously denied this article. Given the timing of the article with the election (versus any opportunity in the past couple years) has raised additional scrutiny. There has been a calling for the sources to come forward.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 pm

coachouert wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:41 pm
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Shocker. Not.
I was under the impression that anonymous sources couldn't be trusted? Or is it only "liberal" sources that can't be trusted? Since the NY Post leans right it's okay? Just trying to keep up with what is acceptable as information and what is considered "garbage."
You don’t see how you treated this differently? Somebody posts something from a conservative source and you regularly refute it. Yet in this instance, clearly a liberal left source, you are willing to give it the benefit of the doubt by posting it. You provided a little disclaimer, but this garbage is not fact. It is hearsay by a bunch of liberal left wing or disgruntled people.

Regardless, this article only uses “anonymous” sources. Trump and Pompeo have vigorously denied this article. Given the timing of the article with the election (versus any opportunity in the past couple years) has raised additional scrutiny. There has been a calling for the sources to come forward.
Seems to be a little different comparison. More than 11 sources on that trip to France came forward and stated that the disparaging remarks did not happen. They all did it with their identify known, including John Bolton. So yes, I would take the word of those 11 over the two anonymous sources with the Atlantic.

Maybe a couple people can come forward and denounce the Democratic source in the NY post article.

But then again, if you are discounting the N.Y. Post article due to an anonymous source, are you saying that you don’t believe the Atlantic article either?

coachouert

Post by coachouert » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 pm
coachouert wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Shocker. Not.

Seems to be a little different comparison. More than 11 sources on that trip to France came forward and stated that the disparaging remarks did not happen. They all did it with their identify known, including John Bolton. So yes, I would take the word of those 11 over the two anonymous sources with the Atlantic.

Maybe a couple people can come forward and denounce the Democratic source in the NY post article.

But then again, if you are discounting the N.Y. Post article due to an anonymous source, are you saying that you don’t believe the Atlantic article either?
I'm skeptical of both articles given the timing of everything. Are you not skeptical of how conveniently this long-time criminal mastermind that had so deeply infiltrated the Democratic party to scam elections via mail came forward right when the President is pushing how much fraud comes from mail-in ballots contrary to any actual evidence? I find it hard to believe that anyone would just head over to the NY Post or any paper for that matter and be like "hey, I'm a criminal and have been committing these crimes for a long time, but I really feel now is the time that everyone knows how prevalent ballot fraud is and everyone needs to know so that we can save our democracy...you know, the one I've been scamming and trashing, but that's neither here nor there."

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:47 am

coachouert wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 pm
coachouert wrote:
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Shocker. Not.

I'm skeptical of both articles given the timing of everything. Are you not skeptical of how conveniently this long-time criminal mastermind that had so deeply infiltrated the Democratic party to scam elections via mail came forward right when the President is pushing how much fraud comes from mail-in ballots contrary to any actual evidence? I find it hard to believe that anyone would just head over to the NY Post or any paper for that matter and be like "hey, I'm a criminal and have been committing these crimes for a long time, but I really feel now is the time that everyone knows how prevalent ballot fraud is and everyone needs to know so that we can save our democracy...you know, the one I've been scamming and trashing, but that's neither here nor there."
Agreed. Timing is questionable on both allegations.