Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4599
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by RickRund » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:22 am

nevada is pushing pretty much the same. No postmark required, more than one ballot per envelope, etc.

With the nyc mess it looks to be anything goes...

https://thepatriotjournal.com/election- ... dium=email



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10242
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:09 pm

It’s interesting to note that documented mail in voting fraud is far less likely than the Covid death rate.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4599
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by RickRund » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:09 pm
It’s interesting to note that documented mail in voting fraud is far less likely than the Covid death rate.
One is too many...



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10242
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:02 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:09 pm
It’s interesting to note that documented mail in voting fraud is far less likely than the Covid death rate.
One is too many...
Deaths from Covid or ballot fraud?



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4599
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by RickRund » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:23 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:02 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:09 pm
It’s interesting to note that documented mail in voting fraud is far less likely than the Covid death rate.
One is too many...
Deaths from Covid or ballot fraud?
Both. But no way can you have zero deaths from covid...



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5546
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by iaafan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:06 am

It's inconceivable to me that anyone needs drive around, find a parking place,then go stand in a long line and vote at a polling place in bad weather. Everyone should be able to vote by mail or computer or handheld device. Regardless people should be encouraged to vote by anyone that supports a democracy. When a line grows to over 50 deep, someone at the polling place should be taking mail-in ballots out to the line as an option, or a handheld device that allows a person to vote electronically, so people don't need to stand in line for hours in inclement weather. The more people vote the more likely we are to get someone that represents a good cross-section of our country. Presidents especially will need to run on more diverse platforms. Country before party.

I know it's been a bad year, but it is 2020. We have the technology. We had it in the 70s when we turned Lee Majors into the Six Million Dollar Man! ;)



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14291
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:46 pm

The voting process seems archaic. Is it the same in other developed countries?


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2948
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm

This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14291
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm
This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.
I’m a moderate. I voted for Trump last election. I want mail in voting because it’s more efficient. A majority of Americans want it. I want everyone to vote. It’s not a party issue for me. I don’t care who mail in voting favors. Voting should be made as easy as possible. If mail in voting is too easy to do fraudulently, I’d like to see strong evidence of that and then I’d change my mind. But I’d still advocate for other ways to vote that encourages more voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... oll-391318


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2948
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:39 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm
This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.
I’m a moderate. I voted for Trump last election. I want mail in voting because it’s more efficient. A majority of Americans want it. I want everyone to vote. It’s not a party issue for me. I don’t care who mail in voting favors. Voting should be made as easy as possible. If mail in voting is too easy to do fraudulently, I’d like to see strong evidence of that and then I’d change my mind. But I’d still advocate for other ways to vote that encourages more voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... oll-391318
The article you quote says that mail in voting in the US is exceedingly rare. That is because of the process involved in getting an absentee ballot. To call for a mass mailing of ballots is opening up huge potential for voter fraud. If you are looking for solid evidence, it doesn’t exist because MASS MAILING OF BALLOTS HAS NEVER BEEN ALLOWED.

If you want to vote by mail, you should get an absentee ballot. There is a long established process for that. If you want everyone to be able to vote, get everyone to register. Has our society become so lazy that we are not willing to vote unless we can mail it in? People are willing to go out and shop or dine, but it is too much of a hassle to vote so that needs to be done by mail? I don’t get it...

I did not vote for Trump in the last election, but I also did not vote for Hillary. My choice was left blank. I thought t both were very flawed. This year, the direction of the Democratic Party moving so far to the left scares me. Just the energy policy is terrifying. Are you interested in paying for $5.00 per gallon fuel? Kamala wants to eliminate fracking. Biden endorses the green new deal.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4599
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by RickRund » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:22 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:39 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm
This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.
I’m a moderate. I voted for Trump last election. I want mail in voting because it’s more efficient. A majority of Americans want it. I want everyone to vote. It’s not a party issue for me. I don’t care who mail in voting favors. Voting should be made as easy as possible. If mail in voting is too easy to do fraudulently, I’d like to see strong evidence of that and then I’d change my mind. But I’d still advocate for other ways to vote that encourages more voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... oll-391318
The article you quote says that mail in voting in the US is exceedingly rare. That is because of the process involved in getting an absentee ballot. To call for a mass mailing of ballots is opening up huge potential for voter fraud. If you are looking for solid evidence, it doesn’t exist because MASS MAILING OF BALLOTS HAS NEVER BEEN ALLOWED.

If you want to vote by mail, you should get an absentee ballot. There is a long established process for that. If you want everyone to be able to vote, get everyone to register. Has our society become so lazy that we are not willing to vote unless we can mail it in? People are willing to go out and shop or dine, but it is too much of a hassle to vote so that needs to be done by mail? I don’t get it...

I did not vote for Trump in the last election, but I also did not vote for Hillary. My choice was left blank. I thought t both were very flawed. This year, the direction of the Democratic Party moving so far to the left scares me. Just the energy policy is terrifying. Are you interested in paying for $5.00 per gallon fuel? Kamala wants to eliminate fracking. Biden endorses the green new deal.
harris is also extremely PRO-abortion, said if something is not done on guns in her first 100 days she would take matters into her hands, wants to increase Capital Gains to 39.6%, all other taxes will be increased, etc, etc, ETC. VERY far to the left. media is calling her a moderate. Wonder if facelessbook or twitterpatter will be censoring that...



grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 845
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Helena

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by grizgirl » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:39 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm
This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.
I’m a moderate. I voted for Trump last election. I want mail in voting because it’s more efficient. A majority of Americans want it. I want everyone to vote. It’s not a party issue for me. I don’t care who mail in voting favors. Voting should be made as easy as possible. If mail in voting is too easy to do fraudulently, I’d like to see strong evidence of that and then I’d change my mind. But I’d still advocate for other ways to vote that encourages more voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... oll-391318
The article you quote says that mail in voting in the US is exceedingly rare. That is because of the process involved in getting an absentee ballot. To call for a mass mailing of ballots is opening up huge potential for voter fraud. If you are looking for solid evidence, it doesn’t exist because MASS MAILING OF BALLOTS HAS NEVER BEEN ALLOWED.

If you want to vote by mail, you should get an absentee ballot. There is a long established process for that. If you want everyone to be able to vote, get everyone to register. Has our society become so lazy that we are not willing to vote unless we can mail it in? People are willing to go out and shop or dine, but it is too much of a hassle to vote so that needs to be done by mail? I don’t get it...

I did not vote for Trump in the last election, but I also did not vote for Hillary. My choice was left blank. I thought t both were very flawed. This year, the direction of the Democratic Party moving so far to the left scares me. Just the energy policy is terrifying. Are you interested in paying for $5.00 per gallon fuel? Kamala wants to eliminate fracking. Biden endorses the green new deal.
So without knowing that mass mailing of ballots will cause mass fraud, you want to eliminate that and therefore decrease the number of people (dem and reps) voting due to the pandemic that will vote? What does this have to do with who you personally want to be president? This is about allowing people to vote regardless of how they choose to do it or who they choose to vote for. Mass mailing doesn't mean there will be voter fraud. The democrats have no reason to fraudulently vote if they're allowed to vote any way they choose. If anyone would want to use mass mailing to fraudulently vote it would be the republicans. The only case of mass voter fraud occurred in North Carolina when republicans took advantage of the system, but they were caught. If you don't want Biden/Harris, you should want mass mailing, so republicans can abuse it.



grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 845
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Helena

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by grizgirl » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:31 pm

RickRund wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:22 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:39 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm
This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.
I’m a moderate. I voted for Trump last election. I want mail in voting because it’s more efficient. A majority of Americans want it. I want everyone to vote. It’s not a party issue for me. I don’t care who mail in voting favors. Voting should be made as easy as possible. If mail in voting is too easy to do fraudulently, I’d like to see strong evidence of that and then I’d change my mind. But I’d still advocate for other ways to vote that encourages more voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... oll-391318
The article you quote says that mail in voting in the US is exceedingly rare. That is because of the process involved in getting an absentee ballot. To call for a mass mailing of ballots is opening up huge potential for voter fraud. If you are looking for solid evidence, it doesn’t exist because MASS MAILING OF BALLOTS HAS NEVER BEEN ALLOWED.

If you want to vote by mail, you should get an absentee ballot. There is a long established process for that. If you want everyone to be able to vote, get everyone to register. Has our society become so lazy that we are not willing to vote unless we can mail it in? People are willing to go out and shop or dine, but it is too much of a hassle to vote so that needs to be done by mail? I don’t get it...

I did not vote for Trump in the last election, but I also did not vote for Hillary. My choice was left blank. I thought t both were very flawed. This year, the direction of the Democratic Party moving so far to the left scares me. Just the energy policy is terrifying. Are you interested in paying for $5.00 per gallon fuel? Kamala wants to eliminate fracking. Biden endorses the green new deal.
harris is also extremely PRO-abortion, said if something is not done on guns in her first 100 days she would take matters into her hands, wants to increase Capital Gains to 39.6%, all other taxes will be increased, etc, etc, ETC. VERY far to the left. media is calling her a moderate. Wonder if facelessbook or twitterpatter will be censoring that...
Well if Harris and Biden are so bad, then you have nothing to worry about with mass mailing. If they're worse than Hillary, then Trump will win in a landslide.



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by Rich K » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:29 pm

The idea that any state could implement strictly mail in voting in time for this year’s election is so stupid that even the dumbest of liberals realize that the only reason this is being discussed is to preposition themselves to cry foul when Donald Trump wins in a landslide.


Image

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4599
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by RickRund » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:46 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:29 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:39 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm
This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.
I’m a moderate. I voted for Trump last election. I want mail in voting because it’s more efficient. A majority of Americans want it. I want everyone to vote. It’s not a party issue for me. I don’t care who mail in voting favors. Voting should be made as easy as possible. If mail in voting is too easy to do fraudulently, I’d like to see strong evidence of that and then I’d change my mind. But I’d still advocate for other ways to vote that encourages more voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... oll-391318
The article you quote says that mail in voting in the US is exceedingly rare. That is because of the process involved in getting an absentee ballot. To call for a mass mailing of ballots is opening up huge potential for voter fraud. If you are looking for solid evidence, it doesn’t exist because MASS MAILING OF BALLOTS HAS NEVER BEEN ALLOWED.

If you want to vote by mail, you should get an absentee ballot. There is a long established process for that. If you want everyone to be able to vote, get everyone to register. Has our society become so lazy that we are not willing to vote unless we can mail it in? People are willing to go out and shop or dine, but it is too much of a hassle to vote so that needs to be done by mail? I don’t get it...

I did not vote for Trump in the last election, but I also did not vote for Hillary. My choice was left blank. I thought t both were very flawed. This year, the direction of the Democratic Party moving so far to the left scares me. Just the energy policy is terrifying. Are you interested in paying for $5.00 per gallon fuel? Kamala wants to eliminate fracking. Biden endorses the green new deal.
So without knowing that mass mailing of ballots will cause mass fraud, you want to eliminate that and therefore decrease the number of people (dem and reps) voting due to the pandemic that will vote? What does this have to do with who you personally want to be president? This is about allowing people to vote regardless of how they choose to do it or who they choose to vote for. Mass mailing doesn't mean there will be voter fraud. The democrats have no reason to fraudulently vote if they're allowed to vote any way they choose. If anyone would want to use mass mailing to fraudulently vote it would be the republicans. The only case of mass voter fraud occurred in North Carolina when republicans took advantage of the system, but they were caught. If you don't want Biden/Harris, you should want mass mailing, so republicans can abuse it.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 43033.html#!



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2948
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:34 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:29 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:39 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm
This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.
I’m a moderate. I voted for Trump last election. I want mail in voting because it’s more efficient. A majority of Americans want it. I want everyone to vote. It’s not a party issue for me. I don’t care who mail in voting favors. Voting should be made as easy as possible. If mail in voting is too easy to do fraudulently, I’d like to see strong evidence of that and then I’d change my mind. But I’d still advocate for other ways to vote that encourages more voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... oll-391318
The article you quote says that mail in voting in the US is exceedingly rare. That is because of the process involved in getting an absentee ballot. To call for a mass mailing of ballots is opening up huge potential for voter fraud. If you are looking for solid evidence, it doesn’t exist because MASS MAILING OF BALLOTS HAS NEVER BEEN ALLOWED.

If you want to vote by mail, you should get an absentee ballot. There is a long established process for that. If you want everyone to be able to vote, get everyone to register. Has our society become so lazy that we are not willing to vote unless we can mail it in? People are willing to go out and shop or dine, but it is too much of a hassle to vote so that needs to be done by mail? I don’t get it...

I did not vote for Trump in the last election, but I also did not vote for Hillary. My choice was left blank. I thought t both were very flawed. This year, the direction of the Democratic Party moving so far to the left scares me. Just the energy policy is terrifying. Are you interested in paying for $5.00 per gallon fuel? Kamala wants to eliminate fracking. Biden endorses the green new deal.
So without knowing that mass mailing of ballots will cause mass fraud, you want to eliminate that and therefore decrease the number of people (dem and reps) voting due to the pandemic that will vote? What does this have to do with who you personally want to be president? This is about allowing people to vote regardless of how they choose to do it or who they choose to vote for. Mass mailing doesn't mean there will be voter fraud. The democrats have no reason to fraudulently vote if they're allowed to vote any way they choose. If anyone would want to use mass mailing to fraudulently vote it would be the republicans. The only case of mass voter fraud occurred in North Carolina when republicans took advantage of the system, but they were caught. If you don't want Biden/Harris, you should want mass mailing, so republicans can abuse it.
If you want to mail in your vote, there is a way to do it. It has been around for years. Why won’t this work for people afraid of Covid?

And there are some things that you can predict the outcome without actually having to experience. For example, if I put my hand in a fire, I will get burnt. I don’t have to put my hand in the fire to prove it. Mass mailing of ballots will provide the opportunity for anybody to submit someone else’s ballot.

If you are really worried about people’s votes being counted, why don’t you look at New York’s experience with mail in ballots just months ago. It seems that 1 in every 5 ballots were discarded!!

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ng/614446/



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2948
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:40 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:31 pm
RickRund wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:22 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:39 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm
This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.
I’m a moderate. I voted for Trump last election. I want mail in voting because it’s more efficient. A majority of Americans want it. I want everyone to vote. It’s not a party issue for me. I don’t care who mail in voting favors. Voting should be made as easy as possible. If mail in voting is too easy to do fraudulently, I’d like to see strong evidence of that and then I’d change my mind. But I’d still advocate for other ways to vote that encourages more voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... oll-391318
The article you quote says that mail in voting in the US is exceedingly rare. That is because of the process involved in getting an absentee ballot. To call for a mass mailing of ballots is opening up huge potential for voter fraud. If you are looking for solid evidence, it doesn’t exist because MASS MAILING OF BALLOTS HAS NEVER BEEN ALLOWED.

If you want to vote by mail, you should get an absentee ballot. There is a long established process for that. If you want everyone to be able to vote, get everyone to register. Has our society become so lazy that we are not willing to vote unless we can mail it in? People are willing to go out and shop or dine, but it is too much of a hassle to vote so that needs to be done by mail? I don’t get it...

I did not vote for Trump in the last election, but I also did not vote for Hillary. My choice was left blank. I thought t both were very flawed. This year, the direction of the Democratic Party moving so far to the left scares me. Just the energy policy is terrifying. Are you interested in paying for $5.00 per gallon fuel? Kamala wants to eliminate fracking. Biden endorses the green new deal.
harris is also extremely PRO-abortion, said if something is not done on guns in her first 100 days she would take matters into her hands, wants to increase Capital Gains to 39.6%, all other taxes will be increased, etc, etc, ETC. VERY far to the left. media is calling her a moderate. Wonder if facelessbook or twitterpatter will be censoring that...
Well if Harris and Biden are so bad, then you have nothing to worry about with mass mailing. If they're worse than Hillary, then Trump will win in a landslide.
You are right about Trump winning. Especially with the debates coming.

And your argument that Republicans will benefit from mail in balloting and the fraud is really full of holes. Is that why Democrats are pushing so hard for mail in ballots? So they can help Trump win?



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2081
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by The Butcher » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm

The reality that Trump is undermining the USPS to help him in the upcoming election isn't much of a stretch- he literally said he was.
Not sure if it will help, he is down +10 pts already. Add on top of that medical professionals said COVID in the fall is going to be terrible which will knock Trump down even further. Trump will devastate the USPS (much like other parts of our country) thinking it will help him win, but it won't. At the end of the day Trump is screwing Americans again, but his base refuses to see it even with all the evidence laid out in front of them.



John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8226
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by John K » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:31 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm
The reality that Trump is undermining the USPS to help him in the upcoming election isn't much of a stretch- he literally said he was.
Not sure if it will help, he is down +10 pts already. Add on top of that medical professionals said COVID in the fall is going to be terrible which will knock Trump down even further. Trump will devastate the USPS (much like other parts of our country) thinking it will help him win, but it won't. At the end of the day Trump is screwing Americans again, but his base refuses to see it even with all the evidence laid out in front of them.
Even many Republicans/conservatives say they're more concerned about the integrity of the election due to the USPS simply not having the capacity to handle a huge increase in the number of mail ballots, rather than actual fraud. Therefore a president who was sincerely concerned about the integrity of the election should be doing everything possible to beef up the USPS in advance of the election, so that they can handle the increased mail volume. A president who is afraid he's gonna lose, would do everything possible to hamstring the USPS, so as to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the outcome. It's not too difficult to figure out which kind of president our current Snake Oil Salesman In Chief is.

I'm not exactly thrilled with Biden, just like I was even less thrilled with Hillary in 2016, but I'd vote for a trained chimp before I'd vote for Trump. How the Democrats haven't been able to come up with better candidates than Biden and Hillary the last two elections, is truly mind boggling. It's a shame, because I actually really liked some of the lesser known candidates who were in the original field, but for whatever reason, none of them could ever really gain any traction. If the Democrats lose to Trump twice, they should be relegated to a lower division of national politics. like they do with the worst teams in European soccer. If they go 0-2 against Trump, they don't deserve to have a place on the national stage.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14291
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Ah heck, just allow ballots drawn w/crayons

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:05 am

RickRund wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:46 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:29 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:39 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 pm
This debate over mail in ballots is completely idiotic. The Democrats want mail in ballots because they expect more democrats will vote. Trump doesn’t want mail in because it hurts his chances of winning. For some reason, Trump gets criticized when he is against mail in ballots, but Democrats get a pass even though their intentions are to gain more democratic votes.

And why does voting need to be easier than ordering a pizza? With mail in votes, everybody gets mailed a ballot. To get a pizza, you have to take steps to order that pizza.

And if you don’t want to want to wait in line to vote or are concerned with Covid safety or want a mail in ballot, register to get an absentee ballot. THE SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTS IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BY MAIL.

For anybody who doesn’t think that in person voting (or absentee voting) is more secure than just mailing in a ballot that you received via the mail, you are not being subjective. I fully expect that my college age daughter’s ballot mailed to my house. I won’t commit voter fraud, but it would be incredibly easy to take her ballot and submit it myself.

How in the world can we be considering accepting votes with no authentication? That is what third world countries or authoritarian regimes do. Just in the last election, you were not allowed to vote unless you had a government issued ID to authenticate your vote.

This whole thing is crazy political manipulation. If you want mail in voting, at least admit it is only because it will result in more democratic votes.
I’m a moderate. I voted for Trump last election. I want mail in voting because it’s more efficient. A majority of Americans want it. I want everyone to vote. It’s not a party issue for me. I don’t care who mail in voting favors. Voting should be made as easy as possible. If mail in voting is too easy to do fraudulently, I’d like to see strong evidence of that and then I’d change my mind. But I’d still advocate for other ways to vote that encourages more voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/0 ... oll-391318
The article you quote says that mail in voting in the US is exceedingly rare. That is because of the process involved in getting an absentee ballot. To call for a mass mailing of ballots is opening up huge potential for voter fraud. If you are looking for solid evidence, it doesn’t exist because MASS MAILING OF BALLOTS HAS NEVER BEEN ALLOWED.

If you want to vote by mail, you should get an absentee ballot. There is a long established process for that. If you want everyone to be able to vote, get everyone to register. Has our society become so lazy that we are not willing to vote unless we can mail it in? People are willing to go out and shop or dine, but it is too much of a hassle to vote so that needs to be done by mail? I don’t get it...

I did not vote for Trump in the last election, but I also did not vote for Hillary. My choice was left blank. I thought t both were very flawed. This year, the direction of the Democratic Party moving so far to the left scares me. Just the energy policy is terrifying. Are you interested in paying for $5.00 per gallon fuel? Kamala wants to eliminate fracking. Biden endorses the green new deal.
So without knowing that mass mailing of ballots will cause mass fraud, you want to eliminate that and therefore decrease the number of people (dem and reps) voting due to the pandemic that will vote? What does this have to do with who you personally want to be president? This is about allowing people to vote regardless of how they choose to do it or who they choose to vote for. Mass mailing doesn't mean there will be voter fraud. The democrats have no reason to fraudulently vote if they're allowed to vote any way they choose. If anyone would want to use mass mailing to fraudulently vote it would be the republicans. The only case of mass voter fraud occurred in North Carolina when republicans took advantage of the system, but they were caught. If you don't want Biden/Harris, you should want mass mailing, so republicans can abuse it.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 43033.html#!
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mail- ... s-missing/

https://ivn.us/posts/real-clear-politic ... nt-missing


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Post Reply