GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 am

The Butcher wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:47 am
Trump strikes again! This time it is our first responders suffering from his hypocrisy. Trump praises the men and women who sacrificed their lives and health during the 9/11 attacks, but has drained approximately $4 million from the FDNY’s 9/11 responders fund. I wonder how Trump supporters feel about that?
You apparently forgot about Trump singing the 9-11 Victims Compensation fund in September, 2019.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1835550001
Calling it a "solemn duty" to the nation's bravest people, President Donald Trump signed a bill Monday to provide billions in health care compensation for police officers, firefighters and other first responders to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
And Trump became president in January, 2017. The practice of withholding these funds started in 2016, UNDER OBAMA!



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by The Butcher » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:35 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 am
The Butcher wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:47 am
Trump strikes again! This time it is our first responders suffering from his hypocrisy. Trump praises the men and women who sacrificed their lives and health during the 9/11 attacks, but has drained approximately $4 million from the FDNY’s 9/11 responders fund. I wonder how Trump supporters feel about that?
You apparently forgot about Trump singing the 9-11 Victims Compensation fund in September, 2019.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1835550001
Calling it a "solemn duty" to the nation's bravest people, President Donald Trump signed a bill Monday to provide billions in health care compensation for police officers, firefighters and other first responders to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
And Trump became president in January, 2017. The practice of withholding these funds started in 2016, UNDER OBAMA!
So it was Obama's fault. Got it! :lol:

Anyway, Trump's administration accounts for about $3.2 of the $3.7 million.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by Cataholic » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:35 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 am
The Butcher wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:47 am
Trump strikes again! This time it is our first responders suffering from his hypocrisy. Trump praises the men and women who sacrificed their lives and health during the 9/11 attacks, but has drained approximately $4 million from the FDNY’s 9/11 responders fund. I wonder how Trump supporters feel about that?
You apparently forgot about Trump singing the 9-11 Victims Compensation fund in September, 2019.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1835550001
Calling it a "solemn duty" to the nation's bravest people, President Donald Trump signed a bill Monday to provide billions in health care compensation for police officers, firefighters and other first responders to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
And Trump became president in January, 2017. The practice of withholding these funds started in 2016, UNDER OBAMA!
So it was Obama's fault. Got it! :lol:

Anyway, Trump's administration accounts for about $3.2 of the $3.7 million.
You are so consumed by TDS, you can’t see how flawed your rationale is. Amazing.



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by The Butcher » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:49 am

Now we know Trump was well aware of the severity of COVID-19 back in early February (via interview recording). Trump states he downplayed the seriousness to avoid panic (sure…. because Trump hates stoking the flames of fear). Now as multiple western states have seen spikes in new cases he holds an indoor rally in Nevada without requiring any type of social distancing of masks. Better yet, the man of “law and order” broke the local law of no more than 50 people in a gathering. Just another day in Trumpland where hypocrisy is a way of life!



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5543
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:41 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:49 am
Now we know Trump was well aware of the severity of COVID-19 back in early February (via interview recording). Trump states he downplayed the seriousness to avoid panic (sure…. because Trump hates stoking the flames of fear). Now as multiple western states have seen spikes in new cases he holds an indoor rally in Nevada without requiring any type of social distancing of masks. Better yet, the man of “law and order” broke the local law of no more than 50 people in a gathering. Just another day in Trumpland where hypocrisy is a way of life!
Just like he was avoiding panic when he said thousands of migrants from central America were coming here to ravage the country with crime.

He knew Covid19 was really bad, so he downplayed it? I don't think so. I think he's too stupid to think that it was going to be this bad back then. He's also too stupid to know he shouldn't try to say that he knew it was bad after the fact. He actually thought that by saying he knew it would be bad, but he downplayed it to avoid panic, it would make him look smart. If he had time to think it about, he probably would've blamed Fauci and Brix, and said that they told him it wouldn't be that bad.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5543
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:50 am

moved
Last edited by iaafan on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by Cataholic » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:50 am
Why did you place the tweet in this article?



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5543
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:38 pm




iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5543
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:41 pm




User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by The Butcher » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm

You have to wonder what Lindsey Graham was thinking when he called out his opponent for his tax returns. Of course Graham is not worried about hypocrisy like much of the other Republicans in DC these days.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/politics ... index.html



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm
You have to wonder what Lindsey Graham was thinking when he called out his opponent for his tax returns. Of course Graham is not worried about hypocrisy like much of the other Republicans in DC these days.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/politics ... index.html
Graham is not being a hypocrite. In the article, it quotes Graham as saying that Trump should also release his tax returns. If anything, Graham is being consistent.
"I think you should release your tax returns if you're running for president in 2020," Graham said in 2019. "I think everybody should. That's just my view. It'd be good for the country."



User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:28 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm
You have to wonder what Lindsey Graham was thinking when he called out his opponent for his tax returns. Of course Graham is not worried about hypocrisy like much of the other Republicans in DC these days.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/politics ... index.html
Graham is not being a hypocrite. In the article, it quotes Graham as saying that Trump should also release his tax returns. If anything, Graham is being consistent.
"I think you should release your tax returns if you're running for president in 2020," Graham said in 2019. "I think everybody should. That's just my view. It'd be good for the country."
Graham made that statement lightly a year ago to a reporter... He has not said anything about Trump's taxes since (even as Trump fights court orders to release his taxes). Keep in mind Trump promised America he would release his taxes 5 years ago, but that promise is meaningless. Now Graham who is a huge Trump ally goes after his political opponent in a public forum questioning why he hadn’t released his taxes. That is hypocrisy at its finest.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:37 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:28 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm
You have to wonder what Lindsey Graham was thinking when he called out his opponent for his tax returns. Of course Graham is not worried about hypocrisy like much of the other Republicans in DC these days.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/politics ... index.html
Graham is not being a hypocrite. In the article, it quotes Graham as saying that Trump should also release his tax returns. If anything, Graham is being consistent.
"I think you should release your tax returns if you're running for president in 2020," Graham said in 2019. "I think everybody should. That's just my view. It'd be good for the country."
Graham made that statement lightly a year ago to a reporter... He has not said anything about Trump's taxes since (even as Trump fights court orders to release his taxes). Keep in mind Trump promised America he would release his taxes 5 years ago, but that promise is meaningless. Now Graham who is a huge Trump ally goes after his political opponent in a public forum questioning why he hadn’t released his taxes. That is hypocrisy at its finest.
I didn’t realize that statements have a time limitation. And what is a “light” statement?

Seriously, your TDS is off the charts. Did Graham ever say that Trump should not supply his tax returns? Now that would be hypocritical.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am

Speaking of hypocrisy, have any of you seen the debacle with Bullock’s wife attending high school volleyball games with more than the allowed two attendees? Taking about the rules don’t apply... and then she claimed that she didn’t know of such a restriction - even after signing a form that spelled out the policy. Wow.



User avatar
coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by coachouert » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:58 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am
Speaking of hypocrisy, have any of you seen the debacle with Bullock’s wife attending high school volleyball games with more than the allowed two attendees? Taking about the rules don’t apply... and then she claimed that she didn’t know of such a restriction - even after signing a form that spelled out the policy. Wow.
Not to get into it, but should we really bring up rules not applying to people when Daines, Gianforte, Downing and others attended an non-socially distanced rally with VP Pence and not a single person wore a mask and there is a restriction on gatherings over 50? Do they also not know the restrictions?


Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Image

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:14 am

coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:58 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am
Speaking of hypocrisy, have any of you seen the debacle with Bullock’s wife attending high school volleyball games with more than the allowed two attendees? Taking about the rules don’t apply... and then she claimed that she didn’t know of such a restriction - even after signing a form that spelled out the policy. Wow.
Not to get into it, but should we really bring up rules not applying to people when Daines, Gianforte, Downing and others attended an non-socially distanced rally with VP Pence and not a single person wore a mask and there is a restriction on gatherings over 50? Do they also not know the restrictions?
Absolute fair point. Hypocritical actions occur in both parties. But according to the Butcher and the title of this thread, it is just a Republican fault.



User avatar
coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by coachouert » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:14 am
coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:58 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am
Speaking of hypocrisy, have any of you seen the debacle with Bullock’s wife attending high school volleyball games with more than the allowed two attendees? Taking about the rules don’t apply... and then she claimed that she didn’t know of such a restriction - even after signing a form that spelled out the policy. Wow.
Not to get into it, but should we really bring up rules not applying to people when Daines, Gianforte, Downing and others attended an non-socially distanced rally with VP Pence and not a single person wore a mask and there is a restriction on gatherings over 50? Do they also not know the restrictions?
Absolute fair point. Hypocritical actions occur in both parties. But according to the Butcher and the title of this thread, it is just a Republican fault.
Is that like the thread titled "I have to thank the left for saving us" and how things are the Democrat's fault? ;)

There's hypocrisy and double standards on both sides. I'm over it.


Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Image

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 pm

coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:14 am
coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:58 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am
Speaking of hypocrisy, have any of you seen the debacle with Bullock’s wife attending high school volleyball games with more than the allowed two attendees? Taking about the rules don’t apply... and then she claimed that she didn’t know of such a restriction - even after signing a form that spelled out the policy. Wow.
Not to get into it, but should we really bring up rules not applying to people when Daines, Gianforte, Downing and others attended an non-socially distanced rally with VP Pence and not a single person wore a mask and there is a restriction on gatherings over 50? Do they also not know the restrictions?
Absolute fair point. Hypocritical actions occur in both parties. But according to the Butcher and the title of this thread, it is just a Republican fault.
Is that like the thread titled "I have to thank the left for saving us" and how things are the Democrat's fault? ;)

There's hypocrisy and double standards on both sides. I'm over it.
So are you “over” just the scrutiny of the Democrats or the Republicans as well? It seems you only take issue when a Democrat or liberal is being scrutinized.



User avatar
coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by coachouert » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 pm
coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:14 am
coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:58 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am
Speaking of hypocrisy, have any of you seen the debacle with Bullock’s wife attending high school volleyball games with more than the allowed two attendees? Taking about the rules don’t apply... and then she claimed that she didn’t know of such a restriction - even after signing a form that spelled out the policy. Wow.
Not to get into it, but should we really bring up rules not applying to people when Daines, Gianforte, Downing and others attended an non-socially distanced rally with VP Pence and not a single person wore a mask and there is a restriction on gatherings over 50? Do they also not know the restrictions?
Absolute fair point. Hypocritical actions occur in both parties. But according to the Butcher and the title of this thread, it is just a Republican fault.
Is that like the thread titled "I have to thank the left for saving us" and how things are the Democrat's fault? ;)

There's hypocrisy and double standards on both sides. I'm over it.
So are you “over” just the scrutiny of the Democrats or the Republicans as well? It seems you only take issue when a Democrat or liberal is being scrutinized.
I could say the same thing for you whenever Trump or anything republican is scrutinized, could I not? :) I will fully acknowledge I’ve called out two of your posts recently and that does show my bias. My last post was mostly in jest, hence the emoji.

When I said I’m over it, I mean I’m over politics in general and have been for a while. I’m over the fact that we even have to have this discussion about Republican vs Democrat. I’m over commercials telling me one candidate is bringing dark money and people from China and the other person is “china’s ambassador.” I’m over scare tactics rather than ideas or actual platforms. I’m over people not thinking for themselves. I’m over politicians continually telling us lies and people believing it or ignoring it. I’m over the two party system. I’m over the constant pissing and moaning on both sides rather than trying to find a solution and positive path forward. That’s what I’m over.


Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14279
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:57 pm

coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 pm
coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:14 am
coachouert wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:58 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am
Speaking of hypocrisy, have any of you seen the debacle with Bullock’s wife attending high school volleyball games with more than the allowed two attendees? Taking about the rules don’t apply... and then she claimed that she didn’t know of such a restriction - even after signing a form that spelled out the policy. Wow.
Not to get into it, but should we really bring up rules not applying to people when Daines, Gianforte, Downing and others attended an non-socially distanced rally with VP Pence and not a single person wore a mask and there is a restriction on gatherings over 50? Do they also not know the restrictions?
Absolute fair point. Hypocritical actions occur in both parties. But according to the Butcher and the title of this thread, it is just a Republican fault.
Is that like the thread titled "I have to thank the left for saving us" and how things are the Democrat's fault? ;)

There's hypocrisy and double standards on both sides. I'm over it.
So are you “over” just the scrutiny of the Democrats or the Republicans as well? It seems you only take issue when a Democrat or liberal is being scrutinized.
I could say the same thing for you whenever Trump or anything republican is scrutinized, could I not? :) I will fully acknowledge I’ve called out two of your posts recently and that does show my bias. My last post was mostly in jest, hence the emoji.

When I said I’m over it, I mean I’m over politics in general and have been for a while. I’m over the fact that we even have to have this discussion about Republican vs Democrat. I’m over commercials telling me one candidate is bringing dark money and people from China and the other person is “china’s ambassador.” I’m over scare tactics rather than ideas or actual platforms. I’m over people not thinking for themselves. I’m over politicians continually telling us lies and people believing it or ignoring it. I’m over the two party system. I’m over the constant pissing and moaning on both sides rather than trying to find a solution and positive path forward. That’s what I’m over.
Amen.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Post Reply