GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by The Butcher » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:36 am

catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:06 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:30 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:38 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:18 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:39 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:21 am
Oh look the guy that posts only negative stuff about the GOP is back.

….weird how silent he is on Democrat candidates and issues.....
He should be. Biden and Harris? This is what the democratic party came up with? That is astounding to me - what a train wreck.
TV reality star? Really? Mr. Grab 'em by the p****?
Yes, exactly Butcher.... now you're getting it! If the democratic party could muster even a hint of a reasonable candidate they would probably destroy Trump in the election. Seriously. Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine, and now Joe Biden and Kamala Harris?
Joe Biden is not a very liberal democrat. I’m not sure why conservatives are acting so up in arms about him. What are your thoughts on FDR. He was vastly more liberal, but ranks as one of our greatest presidents. If another head was ever added to Mt. Rushmore it’d be FDR. LBJ was also much more liberal than Biden and he crushed Goldwater in ‘64.
Not sure if this question is directed at me, but assuming so since you quoted me? I didn't say anything about how liberal Joe Biden is. My post was just to comment about how amazing it is that the best the democratic party could do was Clinton and Kaine in 2016 and now Biden and Harris in 2020. As for FDR, I agree he was a good president. Before my time, but he did a lot of positive things from what I've read.
This election needs someone like Biden. A moderate that is not impulsive.
Harris is a great counter punch. She is a very intelligent woman that is able to connect with minorities and women.
This is a very good ticket to run against Trump and Pence. In other election cycles, who knows?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:44 am

Trump once again voted by mail, but even worse he gave it to a third party to be mailed! Ballot harvesting is already happening! VOTER FRAUD IS ASSURED!!!

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/19/90388656 ... Era1RZ-Zjo

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:27 am

Ladies and gentleman, World champion hypocrite Mike Pence.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:47 am

Wow, this is scary stuff! Trump and the GOP are using fear as their campaigning strategy, and a former top Department of Homeland Security official is saying the White House is ignoring far-right extremism. These groups have "borrowed from ISIS's playbook" and "learned how to radicalize people online," the official says — adding that Trump is "creating opportunities for more recruitment through his rhetoric." She cites the El Paso shooting as an example.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:51 am

Not all Republicans are party first.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:03 pm

And not all Democrats are Party first:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/25/opinions ... index.html

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:05 pm

Speaking of hypocrisy, did you see Pelosi doesn’t think the rules apply to her:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dave-r ... losi-salon

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:43 pm

A lot of republicans and democrats like the swamp the way it used to be. Trump is messing that up and they don't like it.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:46 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:03 pm
And not all Democrats are Party first:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/25/opinions ... index.html
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now do Republicans walking away from Trump's dumpster fire GOP!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:43 pm
A lot of republicans and democrats like the swamp the way it used to be. Trump is messing that up and they don't like it.
Truth. I understand a lot of people hate trump, and not just because of his "drain the swamp" approach. Even folks who really hate him have to admit he is changing things in D.C. - which was one of the things he promised.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:47 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:05 pm
Speaking of hypocrisy, did you see Pelosi doesn’t think the rules apply to her:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dave-r ... losi-salon
Here is a hair raising article:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/03/pelosis-h ... sy-devine/

LCH
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by LCH » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:58 am

Trump has turned The Swamp into The Cesspool.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:18 am

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:29 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:18 am
One wise poster taught me that Hatch Act violations are equivalent to jaywalking across an abandoned road. So nothing to see here.....

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:36 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:38 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:43 pm
Truth. I understand a lot of people hate trump, and not just because of his "drain the swamp" approach. Even folks who really hate him have to admit he is changing things in D.C. - which was one of the things he promised.
Look no further than DeJoy when talking about all this draining the swamp! :lol:

If anyone seriously thinks Trump is draining the swamp, they have to be living under a rock or a QAnon nut job.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:42 am

Trump has been critical of social media sites that have taken down his posts that are deemed misleading or false because of his First Amendment rights. Well yesterday Trump once again showed hypocrisy as his campaign staff removed a reporter because of a tweet showing there were few people wearing masks at Trump's rally. Just another day of Trump’s hypocrisy on full display.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5159 ... ssion=true

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:42 am
Trump has been critical of social media sites that have taken down his posts that are deemed misleading or false because of his First Amendment rights. Well yesterday Trump once again showed hypocrisy as his campaign staff removed a reporter because of a tweet showing there were few people wearing masks at Trump's rally. Just another day of Trump’s hypocrisy on full display.

Seems to be a slight difference that you are missing. Twitter has become an major media source. If Trump (or anybody) is being censored, that does seem to be contrary to his right to speak. However, Trump was having a rally and he doesn’t have to allow everybody in. That reporter can still tweet whatever she wants, she just is not invited to the party. He hasn’t taken away her ability to speak. For example, if I crashed your party and you wanted to kick me out, I don’t have any first amendment rights that would give me the right to stay.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:01 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 am
The Butcher wrote:

Seems to be a slight difference that you are missing. Twitter has become an major media source. If Trump (or anybody) is being censored, that does seem to be contrary to his right to speak. However, Trump was having a rally and he doesn’t have to allow everybody in. That reporter can still tweet whatever she wants, she just is not invited to the party. He hasn’t taken away her ability to speak. For example, if I crashed your party and you wanted to kick me out, I don’t have any first amendment rights that would give me the right to stay.

So she sent the tweet from a personal account and was promptly removed (this was NOT a media outlet tweet). Keep in mind she enter the rally completely legitimately (how else could she have gotten in???), and the campaign did not state she entered illegally. She was removed to censor her tweeting. This was an obvious attack on her First Amendment right.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:32 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:01 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 am
The Butcher wrote:

So she sent the tweet from a personal account and was promptly removed (this was NOT a media outlet tweet). Keep in mind she enter the rally completely legitimately (how else could she have gotten in???), and the campaign did not state she entered illegally. She was removed to censor her tweeting. This was an obvious attack on her First Amendment right.
Anyone holding an event has the right to deny entrance - or not allow them to stay. Removing someone is not a violation of a person’s first amendment rights. Trump didn’t remove her tweets or take away her right to tweet, he just said she wasn’t welcome at the event. Maybe one of your liberal friends can help with a better explanation.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:47 am

Trump strikes again! This time it is our first responders suffering from his hypocrisy. Trump praises the men and women who sacrificed their lives and health during the 9/11 attacks, but has drained approximately $4 million from the FDNY’s 9/11 responders fund. I wonder how Trump supporters feel about that?