GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:49 pm

12 republicans who voted to impeach Bill Clinton over a B.J. have just voted to not have a trial for Trump.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:08 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:49 pm
12 republicans who voted to impeach Bill Clinton over a B.J. have just voted to not have a trial for Trump.
Uh... IMO there is quite a difference between impeaching a president that is still in office versus one who is no longer in the White House.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:15 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:08 pm
iaafan wrote:
Uh... IMO there is quite a difference between impeaching a president that is still in office versus one who is no longer in the White House.
Uh....IMO there's also quite a difference between a BJ and inciting an insurrection, based entirely on falsehoods, that ended up killing five people. The purpose of impeachment is to remove a politician from office and/or keep a politician from running for office again. Unless you want to see Trump start running for office in less than 3 years.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:14 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:15 pm
catatac wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Uh....IMO there's also quite a difference between a BJ and inciting an insurrection, based entirely on falsehoods, that ended up killing five people. The purpose of impeachment is to remove a politician from office and/or keep a politician from running for office again. Unless you want to see Trump start running for office in less than 3 years.
How many of the Democrats that voted no to Clinton's impeachment for lying under oath voted yes on DT's first impeachment?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:33 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:14 pm
iaafan wrote:
catatac wrote:
iaafan wrote:
How many of the Democrats that voted no to Clinton's impeachment for lying under oath voted yes on DT's first impeachment?
All of the Democrats that are in Congress now that were in Congress when Clinton was president probably voted no on Clinton and yes to DT. I'm wondering why you're asking, what's the context of your question?

Clinton lied under oath about an affair with his intern. Trump tried to get a foreign leader to come up with dirt on a political opponent. It's important to look at the context of the infractions.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:46 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:33 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:14 pm
iaafan wrote:
catatac wrote:
iaafan wrote:
All of the Democrats that are in Congress now that were in Congress when Clinton was president probably voted no on Clinton and yes to DT. I'm wondering why you're asking, what's the context of your question?

Clinton lied under oath about an affair with his intern. Trump tried to get a foreign leader to come up with dirt on a political opponent. It's important to look at the context of the infractions.
Clinton potentially lied under oath - I honestly can't remember if it was proven he had the affair. From what i remember he never was proven guilty in court?

Trump potentially withheld financial aid for personal gain - it was not proven in a court of law.

My point is all of this is partisan bs. My opinion on impeachment would be that the potential crime needs to be proven in a court of law - by the supreme court then the President would be impeached. Just my opinion

You just said above about 12 republicans that voted for Clinton impeachment voted no to DT's trial. I was asking a very logical question about the exact same thing except democrats. I'm not being a jerk, I'm trying to understand why you wouldn't also include that?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:30 am

On of the classic McConnel moves. On January 12th Mitch McConnell indicated that he believes that impeaching President Donald Trump was a good thing (Trump was still POTUS). On January 26th McConnell votes to dismiss Trump's impeachment because he isn't POTUS any longer. This guy! :lol:

Here is a great example of the impeachment hypocrisy.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:17 am

Will the GOP go with Trump/QAnon or move back to being a more moderate party?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/politics ... index.html

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:24 am

Republican House rep Marjorie Taylor Greene calls Parkland shooting survivor and activist David Hogg a coward for not responding to her questions, but she won't meet with Fred Guttenberg, who's daughter was killed in the shooting, to see facts and proof of what happened to his daughter. She's one very disturbing person.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:24 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:24 am
Republican House rep Marjorie Taylor Greene calls Parkland shooting survivor and activist David Hogg a coward for not responding to her questions, but she won't meet with Fred Guttenberg, who's daughter was killed in the shooting, to see facts and proof of what happened to his daughter. She's one very disturbing person.
The party is starting to look more and more like Greene and Boebert than Reagan. :oops:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:23 am

https://www.businessinsider.com/congres ... ign-2021-2

Lauren Boebert paid herself more than $22,000.00 in "gas costs" with her campaign money. That's enough gas to drive around the Earth 1.5 times.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:32 am

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:51 am

Kevin McCarthy in August:

“Let me be very clear, there is no place for QAnon in the Republican Party. I do not support it.”

Kevin McCarthy February 3rd:

“Q-on, I don’t know if I say it right, I don’t even know what it is.”

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:26 am

It turns out Trump DID get the vaccine secretly while still in the White House. So when Trump wouldn't say if he would get vaccinated, he already had the first dose of vaccine. :x

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mel ... 54333.html

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:40 am

Governor Noem from South Dakota has been mentioned as a possible national player in 2024. She has been outspoken against government aid for COVID (South Dakota was the only state that did not accept additional unemployment relief from the Feds) and has downplayed the severity of the pandemic. Yet her family was more than happy to take Federal dollars. Do as I say, not as I do.

https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2021/03/0 ... ntent=ksfy

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:18 am

Lol

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:22 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:18 am
Lol

I was not sure who Tom Norton or Matt McDermott were so I looked them up. Tom is a candidate for Congress in MI and army vet. I am not sure of all his positions but I found one of his tweets very accurate.

So why didn’t Matt McDermott quote that tweet instead? Because McDermott is a leader at some left liberal political organization. It would seem that 75%+ of his tweets are attacks on Conservatives. So much for the Democrats pledge for peace and unity...

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:01 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:22 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:18 am
Lol

I was not sure who Tom Norton or Matt McDermott were so I looked them up. Tom is a candidate for Congress in MI and army vet. I am not sure of all his positions but I found one of his tweets very accurate.

So why didn’t Matt McDermott quote that tweet instead? Because McDermott is a leader at some left liberal political organization. It would seem that 75%+ of his tweets are attacks on Conservatives. So much for the Democrats pledge for peace and unity...
Sweet pivot bro. I’m impressed.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:36 pm

Deleted from the Urban Dictionary :shock: and censored by Google in the last 24 hours:

Blue Anon

A loosely organized network of Democrat voters, politicians and media personalities who spread left-wing conspiracy theories such as the Russia Hoax, Jussie Smollet hoax, Ukraine hoax, Covington Kids hoax, and the Brett Kavanaugh hoax. Blue Anon adherents fervently believe that right-wing extremists are going to storm Capitol Hill any day now and “remove” lawmakers from office, hence the need for deployment of thousands of National Guard stationed at the U.S. Capital.

wbtfg in a nutshell.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:38 pm

Happy international women’s day.