GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:20 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:45 pm
I bet all those people worried about Hunter Biden going to be VERY worried about Ivanka and Jared!!!

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ncome-last
You seriously have TDS! Biden made over $700,000 on the board of a foreign energy company despite having no experience. Not only was he not qualified, he was just discharged from the military for cocaine use. His compensation was also well above board positions of peer companies. And lastly, his father was involved in the dealings of Ukraine’s policies.

Ivanka and Trump made a lot of money last year, but I don’t see any conflict of interest. You are really grasping at straws.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew I could trigger someone with "Hunter Biden"!
Anyway, glad you are cool with the Trumps taking full advantage of the White House to make their money!
Please explain how the Trumps are similar to Hunter Biden. That would be worth a laugh.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:44 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 am
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
I bet all those people worried about Hunter Biden going to be VERY worried about Ivanka and Jared!!!

You seriously have TDS! Biden made over $700,000 on the board of a foreign energy company despite having no experience. Not only was he not qualified, he was just discharged from the military for cocaine use. His compensation was also well above board positions of peer companies. And lastly, his father was involved in the dealings of Ukraine’s policies.

Ivanka and Trump made a lot of money last year, but I don’t see any conflict of interest. You are really grasping at straws.

Anyway, glad you are cool with the Trumps taking full advantage of the White House to make their money!
Please explain how the Trumps are similar to Hunter Biden. That would be worth a laugh.
Exactly they aren't similar at all! The Trumps have embedded themselves in the White House and profiting from Donald's presidency. It is so blatant and unethical (likely illegal) that it is amazing Trump supports have an issue with Hunter Biden but not the Trump family/Organization.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:45 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 pm
@The Butcher do you see hypocrisy on the democrat platform? What about Biden talking about school segregation?

Its funny when someone tries to point out that only one side is "broken" or "wrong".

Both Republicans and Democrats are a bunch of corrupt asshats and anyone suggesting otherwise has ZERO credibility in my book. That's why I'm not a registered member of either party.
*bump

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:01 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:44 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 am
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Exactly they aren't similar at all! The Trumps have embedded themselves in the White House and profiting from Donald's presidency. It is so blatant and unethical (likely illegal) that it is amazing Trump supports have an issue with Hunter Biden but not the Trump family/Organization.
How in the world are the Trumps profiting from Donald’s presidency? Both Ivanka and Jared are foregoing any salary as they serve as advisors on Trumps staff. In comparison, Joe Biden was a key US representative who dictated Ukrainian policy. Biden’s own people were concerned that Burisma looked unethical.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:01 pm
How in the world are the Trumps profiting from Donald’s presidency? Both Ivanka and Jared are foregoing any salary as they serve as advisors on Trumps staff. In comparison, Joe Biden was a key US representative who dictated Ukrainian policy. Biden’s own people were concerned that Burisma looked unethical.
You are kidding about Ivanka and Jared. The article I shared is about how they have made more money this year than in the past. I am guessing they would take tens of millions over a few hundred thousand. There are also the Chinese trademarks Ivanka received after Trump was elected (coincidence?). At least there will be an attempt to see just how murky of water Jared swims in https://www.businessinsider.com/persona ... ank-2020-8

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:17 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:01 pm
You are kidding about Ivanka and Jared. The article I shared is about how they have made more money this year than in the past. I am guessing they would take tens of millions over a few hundred thousand. There are also the Chinese trademarks Ivanka received after Trump was elected (coincidence?). At least there will be an attempt to see just how murky of water Jared swims in https://www.businessinsider.com/persona ... ank-2020-8
There is nothing precluding Ivanka and Jared from earning income outside of their advisory roles at the White House. They did not steal anything nor bribe anybody nor leverage their connections in DC for those earnings.

In regard to the Chinese patents, Ivanka removed herself from the company when she joined Trumps staff for fear of conflict of interests. She actually closed her brand in 2018.

And the real estate sale that you alluded to for Kushner is a total joke. Did you even read the article? His real estate company sold an apartment at fair market value to a rep at Deutsche Bank. There is absolutely nothing illegal going on. And there was no connection to his White House dealings at all.

Your fixation on anything Trump is disturbing. The sad thing is that the media only fuels this fixation by printing such garbage stories.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:26 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:17 am

There is nothing precluding Ivanka and Jared from earning income outside of their advisory roles at the White House. They did not steal anything nor bribe anybody nor leverage their connections in DC for those earnings.
You are completly wrong once again about how the Trump Organization (including his kids) uses the White House as their cash cow. Anyway, this is a good one too with the old man!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:29 am

Another dose of hypocrisy brought to you by Mr. MAGA himself, Donald J. Trump!!!
You can vote by mail, you can not vote by mail, you can vote by mail, you can not vote by mail........

https://apnews.com/19ade6dafb5b6f82f324e4be9b12a7a0

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:56 am

Now Little Marco Rubio is jumping on the hypocrisy bandwagon!
Someone better remind him that Trump was (and still acts like) a reality TV star that got his start by recieving millions of dollars from his daddy. I would say that isn't really someone that is in touch with everyday Americans.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:21 am

Oh look the guy that posts only negative stuff about the GOP is back.

….weird how silent he is on Democrat candidates and issues.....

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:39 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:21 am

He should be. Biden and Harris? This is what the democratic party came up with? That is astounding to me - what a train wreck.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:18 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:39 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:

He should be. Biden and Harris? This is what the democratic party came up with? That is astounding to me - what a train wreck.
TV reality star? Really? Mr. Grab 'em by the p****?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:22 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:

Are you also going to hold all the people that only find negative stuff about the Dems to the same standard? I don't see you responding to Rick Rund, Rich K, Cataholic, codecat, and many others. What's up with that?

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:23 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:22 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Are you also going to hold all the people that only find negative stuff about the Dems to the same standard? I don't see you responding to Rick Rund, Rich K, Cataholic, codecat, and many others. What's up with that?
The vast majority of my posts are responding to stupid sh1t you idiots are posting.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:23 pm
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

The vast majority of my posts are responding to stupid sh1t you idiots are posting.
Yes, I notice you complaining about the tone of our posts. Glad, you're posting in this GOP hypocrisy thread, so I don't have to cut and paste your post into here. I may not agree with you, but I've never called you a stupid sh!t idiot. Sounds like something someone with a derangement syndrome. Oops, is that your go-to line? sorry if I'm stealing it.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:37 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Yes, I notice you complaining about the tone of our posts. Glad, you're posting in this GOP hypocrisy thread, so I don't have to cut and paste your post into here. I may not agree with you, but I've never called you a stupid sh!t idiot. Sounds like something someone with a derangement syndrome. Oops, is that your go-to line? sorry if I'm stealing it.
Seriously? How many times have you attacked people’s character and integrity on the site? How many times have you said “learn how to read” or “reader comprehension” is a problem? I have been beyond civil in the vast majority of my posts, but your crap has really grown old.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:55 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:37 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Seriously? How many times have you attacked people’s character and integrity on the site? How many times have you said “learn how to read” or “reader comprehension” is a problem? I have been beyond civil in the vast majority of my posts, but your crap has really grown old.
Is that the same thing as calling a group of people "stupid sh!t idiots"? Yes, I get exasperated when people appear to consistently not read what I've said and/or take what saying out of context. If I do that, I'd expect to have someone come back at me with that retort. I would deserve it.

You haven't been any more civil than anyone else in this forum. You have a "do as I say, not as I do" quality that's grown unbearable at times, so I don't even respond to your posts.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:38 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:18 pm
catatac wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Yes, exactly Butcher.... now you're getting it! If the democratic party could muster even a hint of a reasonable candidate they would probably destroy Trump in the election. Seriously. Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine, and now Joe Biden and Kamala Harris?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:30 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:38 pm
The Butcher wrote:
catatac wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Yes, exactly Butcher.... now you're getting it! If the democratic party could muster even a hint of a reasonable candidate they would probably destroy Trump in the election. Seriously. Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine, and now Joe Biden and Kamala Harris?
Joe Biden is not a very liberal democrat. I’m not sure why conservatives are acting so up in arms about him. What are your thoughts on FDR. He was vastly more liberal, but ranks as one of our greatest presidents. If another head was ever added to Mt. Rushmore it’d be FDR. LBJ was also much more liberal than Biden and he crushed Goldwater in ‘64.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:06 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:30 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:38 pm
The Butcher wrote:
catatac wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Joe Biden is not a very liberal democrat. I’m not sure why conservatives are acting so up in arms about him. What are your thoughts on FDR. He was vastly more liberal, but ranks as one of our greatest presidents. If another head was ever added to Mt. Rushmore it’d be FDR. LBJ was also much more liberal than Biden and he crushed Goldwater in ‘64.
Not sure if this question is directed at me, but assuming so since you quoted me? I didn't say anything about how liberal Joe Biden is. My post was just to comment about how amazing it is that the best the democratic party could do was Clinton and Kaine in 2016 and now Biden and Harris in 2020. As for FDR, I agree he was a good president. Before my time, but he did a lot of positive things from what I've read.