GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by grizgirl » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:43 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:25 pm
Hillary demanded recount in 2016 - almost a month after the election😂😂😂

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/hillary- ... 24551.html
Hillary never "demanded" a recount. Jill Stein of the Green Party initiated the recount along with another small party presidential candidate. Other than the headline in that story you provided the link for there isn't anything about a direct statement from Clinton demanding a recount. Here's the statement from her campaign counsel announcing their involvement in the recount:
"Beyond the post-election audit, Green Party candidate Jill Stein announced Friday that she will exercise her right as a candidate to pursue a recount in the state of Wisconsin. She has indicated plans to also seek recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Because we had not uncovered any actionable evidence of a hacking or outside attempts to alter the voting technology, we had not planned to exercise ourselves, but now that a recount has been initiated in Wisconsin, we intend to participate in order to ensure the process proceeds in a manner that is fair to all sides. If Jill Stein follows through as she has promised and pursues recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan, we will take the same approach in those states as well."
Sounds more like they participated in a recount with Jill Stein and the other candidate after they had already initiated a recount. The reason for participating was to ensure it was done fairly. At least that's what they're on record saying. Of course, that could all be spin and they're just wording things to cover their true intention, but the headline makes it sound like Clinton herself was bellowing out that she's demanding a recount. That never happened, not publicly.

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:59 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:28 pm
Just in 2018, Democrat Stacey Abrams demanded a recount and was applauded by the liberal media.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberal-m ... same-thing
She claimed voter suppression after an Associated Press investigation revealed that her opponent's office had 53,000 voter registration applicants still pending, 70 percent of whom were African-American. Many of those prospective voters may not have even known their registrations were on hold, the report said.

If the AP or any other news source does an investigation and finds something similar to that in the Trump v Biden election, please provide a link and I'll gladly agree that the mainstream media should applaud Trump for challenging the election results.

She later stated, "I will pray for the success of Brian Kemp, that he will indeed be a leader for all Georgians." Please point it out if Trump ever says anything remotely similar to that about Biden.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:00 am

Trump won MI, PA and WI by 77,000 total votes and got 306 electoral votes. He received a concession speech from Clinton and a White House meeting with Obama 48 hours later. Biden won those three states by a combined 214,000 votes (and counting) and he’s on track for 306 electoral votes and Trump is claiming voter fraud. So there you go.

Also, McConnell acknowledges that the election led victories to GOP senators and House members. But for presidential race, he says "no states have yet certified their election results" and Pres. Trump is "100% within his rights" to weigh legal options. So the Senate and House votes are kosher, but the Presidential election on the same ballot is not. GOP hypocrisy on full display!

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:07 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:43 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:25 pm
Hillary demanded recount in 2016 - almost a month after the election😂😂😂

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/hillary- ... 24551.html
Hillary never "demanded" a recount. Jill Stein of the Green Party initiated the recount along with another small party presidential candidate. Other than the headline in that story you provided the link for there isn't anything about a direct statement from Clinton demanding a recount. Here's the statement from her campaign counsel announcing their involvement in the recount:
"Beyond the post-election audit, Green Party candidate Jill Stein announced Friday that she will exercise her right as a candidate to pursue a recount in the state of Wisconsin. She has indicated plans to also seek recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Because we had not uncovered any actionable evidence of a hacking or outside attempts to alter the voting technology, we had not planned to exercise ourselves, but now that a recount has been initiated in Wisconsin, we intend to participate in order to ensure the process proceeds in a manner that is fair to all sides. If Jill Stein follows through as she has promised and pursues recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan, we will take the same approach in those states as well."
Sounds more like they participated in a recount with Jill Stein and the other candidate after they had already initiated a recount. The reason for participating was to ensure it was done fairly. At least that's what they're on record saying. Of course, that could all be spin and they're just wording things to cover their true intention, but the headline makes it sound like Clinton herself was bellowing out that she's demanding a recount. That never happened, not publicly.
I see your point. That seems to be a pretty favorable interpretation of Clinton’s support of the recount. It seems to me she could have said that an recount wasn’t necessary. Regardless, I find it very hypocritical that the media paints Trump as a sore loser but they were supportive of a recount in 2016.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:32 pm

If there is voter fraud, it would have to be on such a massive, coordinated scale that it would go down as the biggest scandal is US history and would tear the fabric of this democracy apart.

I just don't see it, but much like with the Russia investigation I'm withholding my final judgment and opinion until everything goes through its respective process.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:47 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:32 pm
If there is voter fraud, it would have to be on such a massive, coordinated scale that it would go down as the biggest scandal is US history and would tear the fabric of this democracy apart.

I just don't see it, but much like with the Russia investigation I'm withholding my final judgment and opinion until everything goes through its respective process.
I agree, i 100% believe there has been some sort of cheating (by both parties voters) but on a miniscule scale, 10-20 ballots doesn't make a hill of difference. At this point it would need to be a few 100,000 votes to swing in Trumps favor across 3-5 states. Trump lost the election, lets get on with life.

I'll be supporting President Biden and hoping he does a great job for our country.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:13 am

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 am

Right now David Perdue basically sums up GOP hypocrisy. There is a pandemic raging across the country and Perdue was downplaying the situation while enriching himself with insider trading. This is a GOP senator... Disgusting.

The link below is the most recent reporting of Perdue's shady dealings:
https://www.salon.com/2020/12/02/david- ... a-vaccine/

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:56 am

This is just plain funny. Not sure how you can EVER take a current GOP elected official serious.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/03/politics ... index.html

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:16 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:56 am
This is just plain funny. Not sure how you can EVER take a current GOP elected official serious.
No GOP elected official has ever done anything good? NEVER? You can't EVER take them SERIOUS?

I'm not into name calling, but you are truly an idiot. This isn't a personal attack, its just the truth. For anyone to say/believe your statement is laughable.

I honestly feel sorry for you, your life must be MISERABLE.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:28 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:16 am
The Butcher wrote:
No GOP elected official has ever done anything good? NEVER? You can't EVER take them SERIOUS?

I'm not into name calling, but you are truly an idiot. This isn't a personal attack, its just the truth. For anyone to say/believe your statement is laughable.

He said current, and it was obvious hyperbole. The current GOP is collectively messed up. Not everyone. Not Mitt Romney, Gov. Kemp, and some others.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:41 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:28 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

He said current, and it was obvious hyperbole. The current GOP is collectively messed up. Not everyone. Not Mitt Romney, Gov. Kemp, and some others.
....I mean with the Butcher it obviously isn't. OBVIOUSLY.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:42 pm

iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think BigBruce took a big swing and miss on my post.

All current GOPs are such snowflakes now days.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:06 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:42 pm
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Then that means you are the massive snowman..

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:07 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:42 pm
iaafan wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

:penalty: HAHA, you've spent a majority of your waking moments pointing out every single thing wrong with the GOP party. I know most of them, which is why I am not a GOP member.

The current height of hypocrisy is a bunch of liberal snowflakes calling gop snowflakes...snowflakes. That's funny! Might be the best thing you've written in a year.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:58 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:07 pm
The current height of hypocrisy is a bunch of liberal snowflakes calling gop snowflakes...snowflakes. That's funny! Might be the best thing you've written in a year.
If you can't see the joke in the post... well you don’t have much of a sense of humor.
I better dumb down my posts so you don't call me more names like your most recent "idiot" comment.