GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by seacat85 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:51 am

Setting aside the debate of confirmation of a justice nominee in an election year. I find it despicable that ANYONE made any comments about a replacement on the day of RBG's passing. If posed a question about replacement the first words out of their (either side) mouth should have been "No comment at this time". And shame on you if you posed this question on the day of her passing.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:17 pm

Democrat Chuck Schumer on Obama nominee in 2016.

https://www.chuckschumer.com/action/giv ... medium=fbs
But Republicans in the Senate, for no reason other than partisan politics, are still threatening to ignore our President’s nomination and refuse to consider Judge Merrick. This is not just embarrassing -- it’s a blatant disregard for their job.
Schumer today:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schume ... sident.amp
“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court justice,” Schumer, D-N.Y., tweeted Friday. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:25 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:39 am
This is what you get to do when you control the senate. The GOP would be nuts not to get someone in RBG’s seat ASAP.
Your are correct. If the Dems controlled the Senate back in 2016, I can assure you that Merrick would be a Supreme Court right now as well.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:04 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
This is what you get to do when you control the senate. The GOP would be nuts not to get someone in RBG’s seat ASAP.
Your are correct. If the Dems controlled the Senate back in 2016, I can assure you that Merrick would be a Supreme Court right now as well.
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. If Trump wins and R’s keep the senate, then it’s all moot.

That said, if Biden wins and Ds win the senate then there’s talk of packing the court (moving to 11 or 13 justices) as well as adding DC and PR as states.

I don’t like any of those options, but I guess we’re seeing all is fair in love, war and politics.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:36 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:04 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. If Trump wins and R’s keep the senate, then it’s all moot.

That said, if Biden wins and Ds win the senate then there’s talk of packing the court (moving to 11 or 13 justices) as well as adding DC and PR as states.

I don’t like any of those options, but I guess we’re seeing all is fair in love, war and politics.
What a crazy year.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:59 am

Any GOP in close elections would have to really weigh their political gains and losses (unfortunately that is the driving factor). Collins, Murkowski and Gardner are the ones that come to mind right off the bat.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:45 am

The GOP released their Hunter Biden probe results and it found no evidence that US foreign policy was influenced by it.

Mitt Romney, slammed the committee's investigation as "a political exercise".
"It is not the legitimate role of government, for Congress or for taxpayer expense, to be used in an effort to damage political opponents," Mitt said.

The GOP involved in the investigation have shown no concern whatsoever with the dozens of subpoenas Trump's family members and associates have ignored in respect to the multitude of investigations Trump, Trump Organization and Trump Administration have been under. Some more hypocrisy at its finest.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:45 am
The GOP released their Hunter Biden probe results and it found no evidence that US foreign policy was influenced by it.

"It is not the legitimate role of government, for Congress or for taxpayer expense, to be used in an effort to damage political opponents," Mitt said.

The GOP involved in the investigation have shown no concern whatsoever with the dozens of subpoenas Trump's family members and associates have ignored in respect to the multitude of investigations Trump, Trump Organization and Trump Administration have been under. Some more hypocrisy at its finest.
😂😂😂. Speaking of hypocrisy, Romney’s statement could have been used verbatim to describe the Russia investigation and impeachment of Trump.

And the investigation actually showed that key members of Obama’s administration had issues with Hunters foreign dealings.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:38 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 am
The Butcher wrote:

😂😂😂. Speaking of hypocrisy, Romney’s statement could have been used verbatim to describe the Russia investigation and impeachment of Trump.

And the investigation actually showed that key members of Obama’s administration had issues with Hunters foreign dealings.
The report said Hunter did nothing illegal...
But Flynn, Stone, Manafort, Cohen, Gates and Papadopoulos actually did do illegal stuff with foreign agents. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, and I CANNOT wait to hear your excuses for Eric's little predicament he is in. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:17 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:38 am
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

But Flynn, Stone, Manafort, Cohen, Gates and Papadopoulos actually did do illegal stuff with foreign agents. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, and I CANNOT wait to hear your excuses for Eric's little predicament he is in. :wink: :wink: :wink:
What are you talking about?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-avo ... report.amp
The 87-page report released on Wednesday went into greater detail about Hunter Biden's ties to Burisma, stating that Obama administration officials “knew” that Hunter Biden’s position on the board of Burisma was “problematic” and that it interfered “in the efficient execution of policy with respect to Ukraine.”

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:17 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:38 am
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

What are you talking about?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-avo ... report.amp
The 87-page report released on Wednesday went into greater detail about Hunter Biden's ties to Burisma, stating that Obama administration officials “knew” that Hunter Biden’s position on the board of Burisma was “problematic” and that it interfered “in the efficient execution of policy with respect to Ukraine.”
I am talking about Hunter has no criminal charges BUT Trump's people do... Not that hard to understand...

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 am

Does everyone remember when Trump was brining "Christmas" back to America?

Well his wife wasn't happy about bring Christmas back! Her comment:
"I'm working ... my a** off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a f*** about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?"
Hypocrisy during the holiday season.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:25 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 am

"I'm working ... my a** off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a f*** about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?"
You seriously need to relax a little, its weird how infatuated you are with all things Trump and GOP.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:21 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:25 pm
The Butcher wrote:

You seriously need to relax a little, its weird how infatuated you are with all things Trump and GOP.
I care about my Country and our Democracy...

It is weird how Trump followers don't seem to care about those two things.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:33 pm

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:04 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:21 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Not sure if you are calling me a Trump follower, because I’m not.

Funny, you point out all the hypocrisy on one side but not the other. Doesn’t seem to me like you care about anything besides bashing the GOP.

I don’t care what you do, I’ll just put you on ignore, just like I do the guys that only post negative about the left. It’s just annoying. Makes this board hard to read sometimes.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:28 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:04 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:21 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Not sure if you are calling me a Trump follower, because I’m not.

Funny, you point out all the hypocrisy on one side but not the other. Doesn’t seem to me like you care about anything besides bashing the GOP.

I don’t care what you do, I’ll just put you on ignore, just like I do the guys that only post negative about the left. It’s just annoying. Makes this board hard to read sometimes.
Good post BBB, totally agree. Butcher's posts remind me of the video clip someone posted on here awhile back... blind spot bias. I'm not a big Trump fan but I have friends who are..... and I can absolutely promise you they care more about our country and democracy than the average person - probably more than Butcher. Butcher can't recognize the possibility that there are good, smart people out there that just have a different opinion than him about Donald Trump.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:27 pm

“Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life.” - Trump

Trump's tweet is very tone-deaf as the GOP is trying to overturn ACA that would leave millions of Americans without insurance during a pandemic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 63454.html

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am

This is probably the wrong thread, because Ben Sasse is a double-hypocrite. He hid how he felt terribly about Trump, but went ahead and voted for practically everything Trump.