GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by RickRund » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:00 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:05 pm
So cancel culture is good? I can’t keep up....LOL

As for me, I again downloaded the mlb app and signed up for audio package. Upon hearing about the removal of the all-star game because of a legal vote on the voting standards which is a state prerogative I figured I would save a whooping $2.99 + tax per month and cancel the subscription. They can still have their all star game, I just will not be taking part.

I don't care for coke, the liquid kind, we drink VERY LITTLE sodas. If any sodas it might be a Dr Pepper and that is one every few months.I don't like to fly. We bank at a local credit union. We don't use viacom. We cancelled our citibank a few years ago. We still allow them to exist. Just try to use companies that feel as we do, or as close as we/they can get.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:15 pm

This is pretty funny - and hypocritical!

Coke requires an ID for their shareholder meeting to enter and vote, but they don’t think an ID should be required when you vote in a government election.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/c ... er-meeting

CatBot
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatBot » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:00 pm

I'm honestly having troubling keeping up with all the cancelations going on with the polarized institutionalists. Help me out.

On the left, you're no longer supposed to read Dr Seuss, play with Mr Potato Head, wear Gucci or Adidas brands, read the Harry Potter series, wear Nike, etc.

On the right, you are now no longer supposed to drink Coke, fly on Delta or American, also can't wear Nike (FFS poor Nike, canceled by both polarized institutionalists), watch baseball, watch the NFL, etc.

Seriously. It's hard to keep track anymore.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:37 am

Here we go again with GOP elected officials' hypocrisy. Mitch McConnell tells businesses to stay out of politics while also saying that they should continue giving super PACs money to shape politics. Wow...

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:33 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:37 am
Here we go again with GOP elected officials' hypocrisy. Mitch McConnell tells businesses to stay out of politics while also saying that they should continue giving super PACs money to shape politics. Wow...

I'd say term limits, but we should probably just get rid of the senate. 82 of its members represent 50% of the population, while the other 18 also represent 50% of the population. The fact that he can actually think this way and still get re-elected is another reason.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:41 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:33 am
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:37 am

I'd say term limits, but we should probably just get rid of the senate. 82 of its members represent 50% of the population, while the other 18 also represent 50% of the population. The fact that he can actually think this way and still get re-elected is another reason.
Completely and 1 million percent agree on term limits. No more than 3 terms in my opinion.

Disagree completely on getting rid of the senate. I'm not sure how anyone could live in Montana and not think we deserve an equal vote. The beauty of the senate is each state has 2 votes, regardless of population. It's how it should be on the federal level. Let states govern themselves (for the majority of items) and the fed to only provide large guidance for the entire country, which is why equal representation is so important.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:33 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:41 am

Completely and 1 million percent agree on term limits. No more than 3 terms in my opinion.
Completely agree. Being a politician shouldn't be a career. Being a politician should be a service to your community/country.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 am
RickRund wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:14 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:46 pm
RickRund wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:25 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:59 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:14 pm
Yes, the "R's" were mostly for the relief package but the mostly 80ish% of the garbage, or more, was the problem.

This new $2.5ishT, give or take, will supply about $625b to actual infrastructure work.

And what about the $1T of unspent stimulus monies from the previous package.

And now the next complete pile of feces they are pushing...
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/infrastr ... 1eed04e2a6
It’s spread out over eight years. It also addresses climate change. It isn’t as big as Eisenhower’s interstate highway project, which is a great investment. Probably not as grand as Lincoln’s transcontinental railway project or Kennedy’s space program. Mostly just bandages for existing infrastructure. Not sure if high speed rail is in it.

Hopefully there’s something in it to control overpopulation. That’d fix most of our problems.
If it was just for infrastructure. There is supposedly 80% non-infrastructure spending.

And I DO NOT like any idea of population control. I need to know your explanation of what you mean "population control".

You’re right. It’s not for infrastructure. Even governor Noem says so.
She is such an embarrassment. God help us in South Dakota.
That is so true. If you had a different governor you could be like california, new york, new jersey, illinois.
I suspect most governors know that "housing and pipes" are infrastructure. :wink:
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/06/poli ... index.html

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:45 pm

For those of us that have children and aging family members; I would absolutely say childcare centers and elder care centers are infrastructure. It is odd to me that certain people think only roads and bridges are infrastructure (including elected officials).

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Pete Buttigieg explains infrastructure to Fox News.

You don't get to debate infrastructure until you know what it is. Thanks Pete!
Last edited by iaafan on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:52 pm

Meanwhile the Defense budget is $753 billion. More than the next 10 countries combined. Crickets from the right about that every year.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:58 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:45 pm
For those of us that have children and aging family members; I would absolutely say childcare centers and elder care centers are infrastructure. It is odd to me that certain people think only roads and bridges are infrastructure (including elected officials).
Interesting. I've never thought of it that way. If that is the case wouldn't all "necessities" be infrastructure?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:05 pm

I guess the rules don’t apply if you are part of Governor Whitmer’s staff.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michig ... el-warning

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:43 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:05 pm

She was vaccinated, right? I don’t see the issue.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:00 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Whitmer has urged Michigan resident to not travel out of state as Michigan deals with one of the worst COVID rates in the country. Additionally, Foster’s kid stayed home sick with COVID. I guess you don’t have to quarantine if you are part of Whitmer’s administration.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:38 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:00 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Whitmer has urged Michigan resident to not travel out of state as Michigan deals with one of the worst COVID rates in the country. Additionally, Foster’s kid stayed home sick with COVID. I guess you don’t have to quarantine if you are part of Whitmer’s administration.
You don’t have to quarantine if you’re vaccinated.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:12 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:38 am
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

I know you are doing your best to protect Whitmer’s Democrat staffer here, but she brought her teenage girls on the trip who are not old enough to get the vaccine. Her 17 year old son had to stay home because he has Covid. Unless the kids did not live in the same household, the girls definitely have to quarantine.

Regardless though Whitmer has been outspoken about not traveling, specifically out of state for spring break. As one of her main representatives, this seems to be another example of “do as I say and not as I do”.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:28 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:12 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:38 am
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

I know you are doing your best to protect Whitmer’s Democrat staffer here, but she brought her teenage girls on the trip who are not old enough to get the vaccine. Her 17 year old son had to stay home because he has Covid. Unless the kids did not live in the same household, the girls definitely have to quarantine.

Regardless though Whitmer has been outspoken about not traveling, specifically out of state for spring break. As one of her main representatives, this seems to be another example of “do as I say and not as I do”.
Agreed. If those are her kids and they were close contacts with the kid with Covid, and they aren’t vaccinated, then I agree that was pretty reckless.