GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by The Butcher » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:02 am

Mitch McConnell told Americans that President Obama's election-year Supreme Court nominee in 2016 couldn’t happen in the spring because of the November election. Now the Republican Senate is signaling that they are prepared to confirm a nominee by President Donald Trump even if that vacancy occurred after this year's election.

I am proud that I dumped the GOP after Trump was elected (I recognized his inability to lead during the campaign as did many other Republicans), and I am disgusted that I voted for some of these Republican politicians that are still in office and are such hypocrites that I will NEVER believe a word they utter again. I know there have been multiple times that the hypocrisy was easily ignored, but this one is over the top. The absolute b.s. reasons for the changing course on this matter makes me sick. Senators even indicated they would vote in a Trump nominee if he LOSES the election! I know politicians on occasions bend the truth, but this one is over the top. Those that ignore the hypocrisy or don't care about it are the reason our democracy is so messed up right now!

BozoneCat
Member # Retired

Re: GOP Hypocrisy Strikes Again

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:32 am

Totally agree. But, sadly, I do believe the hypocrisy and blatant lies happen on both sides of the aisle. American politics has devolved to the point that we are being led by the worst people, and we are generally left choosing the lesser of two evils rather than voting FOR someone. There is simply no other explanation for how Trump won the presidency, and you can go down the list to the senate, congress, etc. I don't know what we do to fix it, except we vote and we keep trying, keep demanding better out of our politicians and if they don't listen (since they are supposed to represent us), we vote them out and start over. It's disgusting. I'm probably even more disgusted right now with the Republican party because I held them to a higher standard, I expect(ed) more out of them. They are supposed to be the party of fiscal responsibility, family values, and less government, but they spend like drunken sailors too (just on different things), demonstrate zero concern or priority on family values (look no further than President Trump), and grow the government continually (again, just in different ways than the Democrats would do). All the while showing little concern for the poor/middle class, different races, women, LGBTQ, and foreign relations.

GO CATS GO!!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 pm

How did you feel when Harry Reid changed the rules in the Senate on cloture?

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:53 pm

allcat wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 pm
When was the last time we had a senate majority leader who wasn’t a total political hack?

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:37 pm

Maybe there has been one since Mike Mansfield but I doubt there's been one better since him.

I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:22 am

allcat wrote:
This comment is the exact hypocrisy I am talking about. McConnell has used this process for the past 3.5 years. The GOP has used it with no discretion to get executive branch nominations, federal judicial appointments, and for the Supreme Court. Please note that Reid did NOT use the "nuclear option" on Supreme Court judges unlike McConnell...

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:58 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:02 am
Mitch McConnell told Americans that President Obama's election-year Supreme Court nominee in 2016 couldn’t happen in the spring because of the November election. Now the Republican Senate is signaling that they are prepared to confirm a nominee by President Donald Trump even if that vacancy occurred after this year's election.

I am proud that I dumped the GOP after Trump was elected (I recognized his inability to lead during the campaign as did many other Republicans), and I am disgusted that I voted for some of these Republican politicians that are still in office and are such hypocrites that I will NEVER believe a word they utter again. I know there have been multiple times that the hypocrisy was easily ignored, but this one is over the top. The absolute b.s. reasons for the changing course on this matter makes me sick. Senators even indicated they would vote in a Trump nominee if he LOSES the election! I know politicians on occasions bend the truth, but this one is over the top. Those that ignore the hypocrisy or don't care about it are the reason our democracy is so messed up right now!
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's cute! :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Sad but seems to be true, last election we voted for the least objectionable candidate. Folks felt 45 would change as president. Opps.

Didn’t Comey get 45 elected by announcing the reopening of the Hillary investigation?? Seems like a lifetime ago.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:03 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:22 am
allcat wrote:
This comment is the exact hypocrisy I am talking about. McConnell has used this process for the past 3.5 years. The GOP has used it with no discretion to get executive branch nominations, federal judicial appointments, and for the Supreme Court. Please note that Reid did NOT use the "nuclear option" on Supreme Court judges unlike McConnell...
You don't see the hypocrisy of Dems complaining about it when they started it? I call bs on you ever having been a Republican.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 pm

allcat wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:03 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:22 am
allcat wrote:
I call bs on you ever having been a Republican.
I totally remember Butcher leaning right. He and I had our share of disagreements back in the day. Also, I think he took on BAC a couple times...haha

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Personally I don't care for the 60 vote rule. If you get the majority you get to call the shots. Both sides are equally hypocritical on almost every issue. to call out either one is to jump into tribalism without even trying to use your brain.

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:36 pm

More from the GOP! This isn't so much hypocrisy but just plain old racism:

David Perdue anti-Semitic ad
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/2 ... -ad-384386

Lindsey Graham darkening skin tone
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/politics ... index.html

GOP is a real mess these days...

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:56 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:36 pm
More from the GOP! This isn't so much hypocrisy but just plain old racism:

David Perdue anti-Semitic ad
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/2 ... -ad-384386

Lindsey Graham darkening skin tone
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/politics ... index.html

GOP is a real mess these days...
These are two of the dumbest things you have ever tried to make.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:24 am

Both parties don’t seem to care what they said last week, albeit 45 doesn’t care what he said in the first part of the sentence.
😂🤣😂

This link points out glaring hypocrisy.
https://apple.news/AJzHGyqclR0WaYpG88ZH6eQ

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:45 pm

I bet all those people worried about Hunter Biden going to be VERY worried about Ivanka and Jared!!!

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ncome-last

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 pm

@The Butcher do you see hypocrisy on the democrat platform? What about Biden talking about school segregation?

Its funny when someone tries to point out that only one side is "broken" or "wrong".

Both Republicans and Democrats are a bunch of corrupt asshats and anyone suggesting otherwise has ZERO credibility in my book. That's why I'm not a registered member of either party.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:44 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 pm
That's why I'm not a registered member of either party.
To be fair...no one in Montana registers with one party or another. So join the club. :)

Kidding aside...I mostly agree. The two party system is totally corrupt. I dislike 80+% of politicians....some more than others.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:20 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:45 pm
I bet all those people worried about Hunter Biden going to be VERY worried about Ivanka and Jared!!!

You seriously have TDS! Biden made over $700,000 on the board of a foreign energy company despite having no experience. Not only was he not qualified, he was just discharged from the military for cocaine use. His compensation was also well above board positions of peer companies. And lastly, his father was involved in the dealings of Ukraine’s policies.

Ivanka and Trump made a lot of money last year, but I don’t see any conflict of interest. You are really grasping at straws.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:51 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:44 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 pm
That's why I'm not a registered member of either party.
To be fair...no one in Montana registers with one party or another. So join the club. :)

Kidding aside...I mostly agree. The two party system is totally corrupt. I dislike 80+% of politicians....some more than others.
Haha whatever, you are a card carrying member of the green party I bet!

Totally agree, I can name on one hand the amount of politicians I like or trust (which is probably the same thing in the long run).

I'd vote for you, your soap box speeches would only be about making the Cats the best football team known to man kind. \:D/

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:20 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:45 pm

You seriously have TDS! Biden made over $700,000 on the board of a foreign energy company despite having no experience. Not only was he not qualified, he was just discharged from the military for cocaine use. His compensation was also well above board positions of peer companies. And lastly, his father was involved in the dealings of Ukraine’s policies.

Ivanka and Trump made a lot of money last year, but I don’t see any conflict of interest. You are really grasping at straws.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew I could trigger someone with "Hunter Biden"!
Anyway, glad you are cool with the Trumps taking full advantage of the White House to make their money!