Federal police in Portland?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Federal police in Portland?

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:21 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:05 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:29 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:17 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:56 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:46 am
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:49 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:37 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:55 am

Protesters/rioters/mass killers have one thing in common. They want media attention. The best thing the media can do is ignore them. As long as they get attention, they’ll keep going. If you think CNN is ignoring them for political reasons, then you must think Fox is covering them for the same reason.

I haven’t heard too many people come up with reasonable proposals to bring it to an end. You guys are letting it devolve into a media coverage debate. People need to keep their eye on the ball.

Reminds me of when people thought solving the drug addiction crisis was solved solely by busting users.
Did you ever think that maybe Fox is just reporting the NEWS! Why would you believe that rioting in the streets is not considered news and just a normal everyday event that will go away if we ignore it?

As for CNN, did they cover the protestors early on when it met the left’s agenda? YES! After it devolves into just anarchy, it is no longer news worthy??? After an person trying to assist someone else is brutally attacked by a BLM “security” person, that is not news worthy?

There is a media coverage debate because it exists. The negative coverage is unprecedented and will have a real impact on voters.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... -coverage/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... overage-o/

https://msbusiness.com/2020/08/todd-smi ... -negative/
When you protest/riot in the streets for days on end and it mostly boils down to spray painting, chanting, breaking windows it loses its newsworthiness. Sorry, that's not a right or left-wing thing, or a CNN or Fox thing. It's just the way it is. Making this about news coverage is about as mediocre as it gets in terms of trying to making a mountain out of a mole hill. If something significant happens, then it should be covered. I don't need a blow-by-blow report on how someone threw an egg at a statue for the tenth straight day.

Anyway, you can respond again and I'll let it go.
Come on Tom. You didn’t think the guy getting attacked by BLM security for helping an innocent bystander was newsworthy? They almost killed him. Do you think if a white security guy smacked a protester, would it have made CNN then? And the articles above about the uneven coverage doesn’t concern you?
Ya... come on, we aren't talking about the media not covering people spray painting and throwing eggs. We're talking about the multiple videos showing VIOLENCE and CHAOS. How is that not newsworthy? Oh ya, it is. CNN just chooses to not show that because it's very clear it works against the Left agenda.
Wasn’t too long ago that I remember the wall to wall coverage of the Ferguson riots and the whole “hands up, don’t shoot” false narrative shoved down our throats by the media.

I propose that an intrepid local Montana journalist travel to, say downtown Portland, for a week and be our eyes, ears, and boots on the ground. Only caveat is that said journalist daily shift starts at sundown. Any suggestions for the assignment?
Are you talking to me? If so, yes, I’ll accept your offer to go to Portland and report back to you. I’m not going to charge any outrageous rate. I’ll stay in cheap motels and drive out there. Let me know.
Hello? Arvcat? Are still interested in sending me to Portland? Like I said I’m game and I won’t ring up a big tab. Let me know. Waiting to hear back from you.
Hello TomCat88…and why would I ever want to foot your bill? And besides, as you’ve called me a Snowflake living in my parents basement, that would pretty much make me cash poor.
Surely you are well connected in Portland with your journalist brethren and you could shack up with one of them. Or perhaps pitch a tent with the homeless to really get the vibe of the city (and a story). Transportation? Follow the Lewis & Clark trail on foot, horseback, and dugout canoe (another story). You’ll still get there before the protesters turn violent with plenty of stories to fund your trip with.
More of CNN for you:
https://babylonbee.com/news/14-cnn-head ... an-history
Yeah, that's what I figured!! :lol: After days of ducking and hiding I knew you couldn't back it up. Big talk from another poster that can't even put his name in his signature line, so what I expected. Big negotiations the night before, but can't produce on Game Day. Snowflake, parent's basement, and now add lame excuses...looks like I had you pegged. \:D/

Let me know if you're shamed into changing your mind and can back up all that talk with an advance on your allowance or maybe you can roundup some of your fellow Oakley sunglasses wearing, sun burnt bros and get them to chip in. I'll gladly go. Not a problem at all.
And this arvcat character is a great example of the ball-less nature of the extreme right wing faction trying to ruin America democracy as we know it. Fans of the autocrat Trump, but unable to back up anything that spews out of their mouths.

So run your mouth some more arvcat. It’s great comic relief watching you dry up and blow away like dog crap in the wind.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:01 pm

Well, Bozeman is sliding down that slippery slope toward Portland. I was watching the local news last night, when they mentioned some ass clown in Bozeman was advocating to 'defund the police' or some such ******. IN BOZEMAN!!! I KNEW this would happen with the influx of carpetbaggers to the Gallatin Valley. Bozeman is going the same route as Missoula. Whats past is prologue. I haven't heard any 'defund' noise from Missoula, but it may have happened. Like I said, I just came across this news item by chance. This is sad. In the late '60s and early '70s Missoula was a hotbed for the left. Peace signs everywhere, Viet Cong flags, etc. Bozeman had their own peace sign: the outline of a B-52 with the caption "Peace Through Strength." Cowboy school. Cowboy Up. Wake up, Bozeman, before its too late.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Rich K » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:38 pm

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:04 pm

Meanwhile, in some third world country.....

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:35 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:04 pm
What city is that? I guess riots are starting in Washington DC and LA as well.

ghobs95
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ghobs95 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Rich K wrote:
1) "Meanwhile..." is a video from June in the direct aftermath of George Floyd

2) Surprisingly /s your "Democrat cities" are contributing more in federal taxes than they get back... How well off would Montanans be without the $4,100 per capita in federal services provided above what they pay in taxes? How about the $7,900 per person in Mississippi?

So yeah, Democrat cities don't need your tax dollars, but Republican states sure do rely on California and New York covering theirs :coffee:

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:18 pm

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:33 am

ghobs95 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:24 pm
Rich K wrote:
1) "Meanwhile..." is a video from June in the direct aftermath of George Floyd

2) Surprisingly /s your "Democrat cities" are contributing more in federal taxes than they get back... How well off would Montanans be without the $4,100 per capita in federal services provided above what they pay in taxes? How about the $7,900 per person in Mississippi?

So yeah, Democrat cities don't need your tax dollars, but Republican states sure do rely on California and New York covering theirs :coffee:
That’s some good java ghobs95.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:42 am

Rich K wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:18 pm
antifa is calling it a "police execution".....

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:55 pm

The man got out of his vehicle and began to fire what they believe was an assault rifle at the SUVs. They said they heard 40 or 50 shots, then officers returned fire, hitting the man.

“It reminded me of a video game,” Cutler said.
=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^
Sic Semper Antifa!

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Black LIves Matter!

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:58 pm

"Here's a perfect example of what I've been talking about. Since this boy has been sucking on his momma's tit he's been given everything but discipline. And now his idea of courage and manhood is get together with a bunch of punk friends and ride around here taking advantage of foks to good natured to put a stop to it

"Just dumb kids hub, don't kill them"

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:15 am

What will Portland do without him?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:52 pm

2 arrested as Trump supporters, Proud Boys gather for Labor Day caravan, Salem rally
Guess it isn't just BLM-antifa rampage now...
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020/09 ... tland.html

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:36 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:52 pm
2 arrested as Trump supporters, Proud Boys gather for Labor Day caravan, Salem rally
Guess it isn't just BLM-antifa rampage now...
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020/09 ... tland.html
The Proud Boys is a disgusting group of thugs. Glad to see a couple get arrested.

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:03 am

--------------------------------------------------

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:51 am

Hopefully this will reduce the "catch and release" lunacy of the city of Portland

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:41 am

Portland still a #### show.

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:34 am

Democrats are afraid to condemn the violence from their base

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:57 am

A little music to bring back some memories....