Federal police in Portland?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Federal police in Portland?

Post by RickRund » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:59 pm

So good to see that those peaceful protesters are still so calm and reserved. That no violence is breaking out.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/federal-o ... ing%20News

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Rich K » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:31 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:59 pm
So good to see that those peaceful protesters are still so calm and reserved. That no violence is breaking out.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/federal-o ... ing%20News
It's time for live ammunition. This was way past tolerable 4 weeks ago.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Loving the far lefties showing such class.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-sm ... mpaign=mjk

And tolerated. Welcome to the new america under biden et al...

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:03 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:33 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:25 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:16 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:09 pm
And this is how it is going down in chicago. There is increased violence, attacks against Police in several cities. Not OK with me.....
A lot of it by extreme right groups posing as protesters. Incredibly sick.
Nazi and white supremacy groups getting Lone Wolf antagonists to do their dirty work. Tons of Timothy McVeigh types living their dream.
If there are far right racist groups in these riots, since Trump called these troops in to battle the riots wouldn’t Trump be fighting against racism? Does that still meet your narrative of Trump being a racist?
You think Trump is smart enough to figure that out? You should lay off the Brawndo you’re high on electrolytes. But there should be lots of righties in there fighting WITH the protesters. What Trump is doing is exactly why righties cling to the second amendment.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am

grizgirl wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:03 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
iaafan wrote:
RickRund wrote:
And this is how it is going down in chicago. There is increased violence, attacks against Police in several cities. Not OK with me.....
Nazi and white supremacy groups getting Lone Wolf antagonists to do their dirty work. Tons of Timothy McVeigh types living their dream.
If there are far right racist groups in these riots, since Trump called these troops in to battle the riots wouldn’t Trump be fighting against racism? Does that still meet your narrative of Trump being a racist?
You think Trump is smart enough to figure that out? You should lay off the Brawndo you’re high on electrolytes. But there should be lots of righties in there fighting WITH the protesters. What Trump is doing is exactly why righties cling to the second amendment.
You might want to read the thread and understand the context. IAA was alluding to a far right presence in the riots. I was only pointing out the fallacy that would mean Trump is actually battling the far right with the federal police.

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
iaafan wrote:
RickRund wrote:
You might want to read the thread and understand the context. IAA was alluding to a far right presence in the riots. I was only pointing out the fallacy that would mean Trump is actually battling the far right with the federal police.
You might want to read what I wrote. Sorry you didn’t get it. I’m enjoying that you don’t. \:D/

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:32 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is HAPPENING UNDER TRUMP!!!
This is “new america” under TRUMP!!!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:04 pm

More class from the left..... Will this be par for the course under a biden administration?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:06 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:32 pm
RickRund wrote:

So I am guessing you et al have no issues with the class or lack of class. Just checking.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:07 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:32 pm
RickRund wrote:

Yes, and it is the left that is promulgating this. Why are you celebrating this? It is a group of people teaching their kids to hate the police. That is awful, and not funny in the least.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:21 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
iaafan wrote:
RickRund wrote:
You might want to read what I wrote. Sorry you didn’t get it. I’m enjoying that you don’t. \:D/
You are damn right I was confused. I am not hip enough to know what Brawndo is. I had to look that up. Then you say righties should be in the rioting - not exactly sure why??? And somehow you tie in gun rights when Federal Forces are actually trying to protect Federal buildings and maintain order in Portland. Not sure what point you are trying to make. And not sure why you are so aggressive in your posts.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Just a guess but am thinking the present humanitarians residing in Portland that last couple of months are not environmentalists... Classy dudes...

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:54 pm

The "federal police" (Department of Homeland Security) should not be in Portland. That police force has absolutely nothing to do with protests or "protecting" federal property. That should be a local jurisdictional issue.

Trump absolutely made the wrong call in sending them in. If the federal courthouse gets damaged close it down and utilize a different courthouse until the city of Portland fixes it. That simple.

If a city is ok with the actions of protestors/rioters/looters/violence why in the world would the Fed become involved? Makes no sense to me, states SHOULD have the power, not the Federal Government.

Very poor decision by Trump in my book.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:47 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:54 pm
The "federal police" (Department of Homeland Security) should not be in Portland. That police force has absolutely nothing to do with protests or "protecting" federal property. That should be a local jurisdictional issue.

Trump absolutely made the wrong call in sending them in. If the federal courthouse gets damaged close it down and utilize a different courthouse until the city of Portland fixes it. That simple.

If a city is ok with the actions of protestors/rioters/looters/violence why in the world would the Fed become involved? Makes no sense to me, states SHOULD have the power, not the Federal Government.

Very poor decision by Trump in my book.
Do you really think Portland would fix the courthouse. Do you think it should be the National Guard. I think they have a duty to protect the federal assets.

Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:24 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:26 am

Rich K wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:24 am
Great to see Americans exercising their second amendment rights. I know I don’t need to tell you that.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:19 am

iaafan wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:26 am
Rich K wrote:
Great to see Americans exercising their second amendment rights. I know I don’t need to tell you that.
That is pretty awful comment. Policemen are permanently blinded by “protestors”, and you want to make a second amendment argument? And I fail to see how any of these actions are considered peaceful by the left.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:36 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:19 am
iaafan wrote:
Rich K wrote:
That is pretty awful comment. Policemen are permanently blinded by “protestors”, and you want to make a second amendment argument? And I fail to see how any of these actions are considered peaceful by the left.
They’re just defending themselves per the second amendment. It’s not like they’re loading a Ryder truck with explosives and lighting it off in front of a federal building, which houses a daycare for children of employees or anything like that. A protester holding a stereo was shot in head by police and suffered serious injury. How come you’re not talking about that?

Or this?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:44 am

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:05 pm

iaafan wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:36 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:19 am
iaafan wrote:
Rich K wrote:
They’re just defending themselves per the second amendment. It’s not like they’re loading a Ryder truck with explosives and lighting it off in front of a federal building, which houses a daycare for children of employees or anything like that. A protester holding a stereo was shot in head by police and suffered serious injury. How come you’re not talking about that?

Or this?
The “protesters” are defending themselves?? Seriously? Thank you for the stupid post of the year. Those “protestors” just happened to show up with bats, fireworks/explosives, bricks, lasers, knives, guns, etc to defend themselves... They also thought that gasoline might be a good idea to set stuff on fire. But that was just for protection in your mind....

And of course those protestors injured were all peaceful, and none of them were slinging rocks or bottles or bricks. They were just standing there with nice signs that said “F the police” and they were nice enough to teach their 2 year olds how to say that.

In your feeble mind, it is okay to blind a policeman with a laser. Of course you would never have a need for a policeman. If someone is breaking into your house, you will just ??? Maybe riot? Maybe tell the intruder that you are anti-police? But don’t call the police okay. If you can’t support them, don’t use them.