Federal police in Portland?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Federal police in Portland?

Post by hokeyfine » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:30 am

according to my kids who live there, the biggest problem in portland is the homelessness,poverty, and drug use, more than the protests.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:34 am

I hope this is not true. I know a lot of police officers and they all seem to be top notch people. I know you are big on analytical data. How can such a study show actual evidence that this exists?

PortlandCat90
New Recruit

Post by PortlandCat90 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:07 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:01 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:56 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:42 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:37 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Update - CNN.com has 8 stories today on their front page regarding police related shootings in Kenosha and Houston. This is a major contrast from the recent lack of coverage of violence in Portland. The major difference is that this meets the liberal left agenda while Portland is now just considered violence and does not meet that narrative.

By the way, Fox News has at least 7 stories on just Kenosha today. They report the news.
You are losing your mind dude! A self-proclaimed "militia" member shot 3 people killing 2 of them! How is that NOT FRONT PAGE NEWS?!?! I get it; you are a far right winger. You probably think militia in our streets pretending to be cops/military is a good idea. Well it isn't, and now this 17 year old kid is going to jail for a long time because of fake news outlets like Infowars who celebrate these morons. Comparing today’s headlines of Portland to Kenosha is asinine, and you know it.
Please read the thread as my points above were in regard to what CNN and mainstream media will not report unless aligned with the liberal left agenda. How they have treated Portland is a great example. Maybe you can recall that Portland received a lot of press coverage when it was in regard to George Floyd. Now that it is just pure anarchy, CNN won’t cover it because it hurts the liberal agenda. Same will happen with Kenosha. If the riots continue, it will start to negatively impact the liberal agenda, it won’t get any more coverage by CNN.

By the way, you have read plenty of my posts and should know full well that I have been against violence the whole time. I have been against racism (especially important since I am a minority). I am not a far right wing nut. I align with the Republican party and am worried about the liberal agenda. I happen to disagree with your party and quite frankly, the daily posts you put up that attack all Republicans are pretty sad. There is a treasure trove of Democratic missteps that I can gladly start posting for your reading pleasure if you like.
Pure anarchy lol. Do you live in Portland? Oregon? Have you been there recently to see for yourself on what that city actually looks like?
No and No. What are your thoughts?
That Portland isn't an all-out warzone like many news reports make it out to look like. The protests are mostly confined to a couple blocks in a specific part of Portland. You wouldn't even know they are going on if you didn't know better, or if you picked out a random person in town and talked to them.
Huh? Confined to a couple blocks in a specific part of Portland? So did they move the Federal Buildings, PPA, ICE, North Precinct, East Precinct, hundreds of downtown businesses, several residential suburbs, Multnomah County Building, Kelly Building, Justice Center into the same block last night as I slept? I've owned a home and done business in the Portland metro area for 30 years, including 5 clients that are in process of leaving the downtown area for Austin, Tucson and others TBD because of this local terrorism. Call it what it is and don't let facts get in the way.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:07 am
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Update - CNN.com has 8 stories today on their front page regarding police related shootings in Kenosha and Houston. This is a major contrast from the recent lack of coverage of violence in Portland. The major difference is that this meets the liberal left agenda while Portland is now just considered violence and does not meet that narrative.

By the way, Fox News has at least 7 stories on just Kenosha today. They report the news.
You are losing your mind dude! A self-proclaimed "militia" member shot 3 people killing 2 of them! How is that NOT FRONT PAGE NEWS?!?! I get it; you are a far right winger. You probably think militia in our streets pretending to be cops/military is a good idea. Well it isn't, and now this 17 year old kid is going to jail for a long time because of fake news outlets like Infowars who celebrate these morons. Comparing today’s headlines of Portland to Kenosha is asinine, and you know it.
Please read the thread as my points above were in regard to what CNN and mainstream media will not report unless aligned with the liberal left agenda. How they have treated Portland is a great example. Maybe you can recall that Portland received a lot of press coverage when it was in regard to George Floyd. Now that it is just pure anarchy, CNN won’t cover it because it hurts the liberal agenda. Same will happen with Kenosha. If the riots continue, it will start to negatively impact the liberal agenda, it won’t get any more coverage by CNN.

By the way, you have read plenty of my posts and should know full well that I have been against violence the whole time. I have been against racism (especially important since I am a minority). I am not a far right wing nut. I align with the Republican party and am worried about the liberal agenda. I happen to disagree with your party and quite frankly, the daily posts you put up that attack all Republicans are pretty sad. There is a treasure trove of Democratic missteps that I can gladly start posting for your reading pleasure if you like.
Pure anarchy lol. Do you live in Portland? Oregon? Have you been there recently to see for yourself on what that city actually looks like?
That Portland isn't an all-out warzone like many news reports make it out to look like. The protests are mostly confined to a couple blocks in a specific part of Portland. You wouldn't even know they are going on if you didn't know better, or if you picked out a random person in town and talked to them.
Huh? Confined to a couple blocks in a specific part of Portland? So did they move the Federal Buildings, PPA, ICE, North Precinct, East Precinct, hundreds of downtown businesses, several residential suburbs, Multnomah County Building, Kelly Building, Justice Center into the same block last night as I slept? I've owned a home and done business in the Portland metro area for 30 years, including 5 clients that are in process of leaving the downtown area for Austin, Tucson and others TBD because of this local terrorism. Call it what it is and don't let facts get in the way.
Oh please. There may have been incidents at separate buildings and it was more spread out when dipshi* feds were there. They got their camera footage and bailed after tall the instigation.
Once they left, it's been confined to a 2 block area and that's just the ****** rioters. The actual BLM protests are in North Portland right now and those are peaceful. I'm up there all the time and I was just there last week. You wouldn't know any of what the news is telling you is going on if you didn't see it on TV.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:03 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm
PortlandCat90 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Oh please. There may have been incidents at separate buildings and it was more spread out when dipshi* feds were there. They got their camera footage and bailed after tall the instigation.
Once they left, it's been confined to a 2 block area and that's just the ****** rioters. The actual BLM protests are in North Portland right now and those are peaceful. I'm up there all the time and I was just there last week. You wouldn't know any of what the news is telling you is going on if you didn't see it on TV.
Finally getting to the truth of the matter. Thank you CatBlitz.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:32 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:03 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm
PortlandCat90 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Finally getting to the truth of the matter. Thank you CatBlitz.
91 straight days of damage and violence in Portland. That seems normal..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

https://komonews.com/news/local/fbi-shi ... and-oregon

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:56 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:46 am
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:49 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:37 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:55 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:38 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:07 pm
With the arrest of the BLM security guy who assaulted the innocent guy in Portland, I checked CNN.com front page again. Amazingly, not one on the violence in Portland. Over 100+ stories on the front page and not one covering the failure of violence in democratic run cities. There was 20+ stories that were either critical of Trump or glowing coverage of the DNC and Biden. That is truly pathetic. CNN is not a news organization... they are a propaganda machine for the Democratic Party.
Hey look, we landed on the moon! Just kidding Cataholic... I just joke about it because they are a joke. I posted on here about this awhile back, but the day before George Floyd was killed, 49 of the top 50 stories were ALL on Covid, anti Trump stuff. The day after, 49 of the top 50 stories were ALL about Floyd, police brutality, BLM, and anti Trump stuff. There was ONE story with an update on COVID, way down the list. I am not making those numbers up, that is literally what was there.
It truly is incredible that main stream media outlets are so one sided on Trump. It is hard to be upset with people who have TDS, because the only coverage they see is from the liberal left media. If social media or certain channels (like Fox News) did not exist today, this years Republican Party might have no chance of winning with the one sided coverage.
Protesters/rioters/mass killers have one thing in common. They want media attention. The best thing the media can do is ignore them. As long as they get attention, they’ll keep going. If you think CNN is ignoring them for political reasons, then you must think Fox is covering them for the same reason.

I haven’t heard too many people come up with reasonable proposals to bring it to an end. You guys are letting it devolve into a media coverage debate. People need to keep their eye on the ball.

Reminds me of when people thought solving the drug addiction crisis was solved solely by busting users.
Did you ever think that maybe Fox is just reporting the NEWS! Why would you believe that rioting in the streets is not considered news and just a normal everyday event that will go away if we ignore it?

As for CNN, did they cover the protestors early on when it met the left’s agenda? YES! After it devolves into just anarchy, it is no longer news worthy??? After an person trying to assist someone else is brutally attacked by a BLM “security” person, that is not news worthy?

There is a media coverage debate because it exists. The negative coverage is unprecedented and will have a real impact on voters.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... -coverage/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... overage-o/

https://msbusiness.com/2020/08/todd-smi ... -negative/
When you protest/riot in the streets for days on end and it mostly boils down to spray painting, chanting, breaking windows it loses its newsworthiness. Sorry, that's not a right or left-wing thing, or a CNN or Fox thing. It's just the way it is. Making this about news coverage is about as mediocre as it gets in terms of trying to making a mountain out of a mole hill. If something significant happens, then it should be covered. I don't need a blow-by-blow report on how someone threw an egg at a statue for the tenth straight day.

Anyway, you can respond again and I'll let it go.
Come on Tom. You didn’t think the guy getting attacked by BLM security for helping an innocent bystander was newsworthy? They almost killed him. Do you think if a white security guy smacked a protester, would it have made CNN then? And the articles above about the uneven coverage doesn’t concern you?
Ya... come on, we aren't talking about the media not covering people spray painting and throwing eggs. We're talking about the multiple videos showing VIOLENCE and CHAOS. How is that not newsworthy? Oh ya, it is. CNN just chooses to not show that because it's very clear it works against the Left agenda.
Wasn’t too long ago that I remember the wall to wall coverage of the Ferguson riots and the whole “hands up, don’t shoot” false narrative shoved down our throats by the media.

I propose that an intrepid local Montana journalist travel to, say downtown Portland, for a week and be our eyes, ears, and boots on the ground. Only caveat is that said journalist daily shift starts at sundown. Any suggestions for the assignment?
Are you talking to me? If so, yes, I’ll accept your offer to go to Portland and report back to you. I’m not going to charge any outrageous rate. I’ll stay in cheap motels and drive out there. Let me know.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:54 pm

Nothing but peaceful protests.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:12 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:25 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:40 am

Rittenhouse shot and killed an unarmed man who threw a plastic bag at him, then killed a guy with a skateboard who tried to intervene. Then he shot a man who had his hands in the air. He was later thanked and offered water while holding his rifle.

Rittenhouse is a former member of a youth police cadet program. He’s a Blue Lives Matter and Trump supporter. He was disqualified from joining the Marines. He dropped out of high school.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:19 am

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:52 am

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:11 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:52 am
Wow. Strong story. I feel for Zach and any person made to feel this way. I hope you realize that 99.99%, Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, are troubled by this.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:53 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:11 am
iaafan wrote:
Wow. Strong story. I feel for Zach and any person made to feel this way. I hope you realize that 99.99%, Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, are troubled by this.
That would mean there are 33,000 Republicans or Democrats, Liberals or Conservatives that aren’t troubled by it.

A WSJ/NBC poll said only 26% of Republicans and 90% of Democrats think black people face discrimination. I wonder if they would change their mind if they read that tweet by Zach? Not sure what your definition of troubled is, but these people don’t seem troubled by anything they’ve seen pre-Zach, so I don’t think they’ll be swayed. Not sure though.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:06 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:53 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
That would mean there are 33,000 Republicans or Democrats, Liberals or Conservatives that aren’t troubled by it.

A WSJ/NBC poll said only 26% of Republicans and 90% of Democrats think black people face discrimination. I wonder if they would change their mind if they read that tweet by Zach? Not sure what your definition of troubled is, but these people don’t seem troubled by anything they’ve seen pre-Zach, so I don’t think they’ll be swayed. Not sure though.
You really need some Republican friends. You might find that more than 26% believe discrimination exists. You are so fixated on making Republicans the enemy. That is simply not the case. Did you see Tim Scott speak at the RNC? How about Daniel Cameron or Herschel Walker? They were outstanding and are the future of the party. Why is it so hard for you to see that my comments above are what the vast majority of this country feel?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:06 am
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

You really need some Republican friends. You might find that more than 26% believe discrimination exists. You are so fixated on making Republicans the enemy. That is simply not the case. Did you see Tim Scott speak at the RNC? How about Daniel Cameron or Herschel Walker? They were outstanding and are the future of the party. Why is it so hard for you to see that my comments above are what the vast majority of this country feel?
I have lots of Republican friends.
The poll said that (26%) not me. It also said Dems 90%. So even if it was 90 and 90, that would be 33 million people that SEEM to not think it’s troubling.

It’s certainly troubling that you think anyone would believe you over a WSJ/NBC Poll.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:55 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:19 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

The poll said that (26%) not me. It also said Dems 90%. So even if it was 90 and 90, that would be 33 million people that SEEM to not think it’s troubling.

It’s certainly troubling that you think anyone would believe you over a WSJ/NBC Poll.
I didn’t quote the poll. You did. If you don’t believe it, why did you bring it up?

I was just watching the news and saw a clip of Georgia Democrat Vernon Jones leaving the RNC last night. He AND HIS WIFE was verbally accosted for just supporting Trump. Nobody in that crowd cares what he thinks or feels about race, they only cared that he supported Trump. That is a huge problem in this country right now. Grizgirl actually said having a black speaker would make Republicans feel less racist. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is not a racist bone in my body.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vernon ... tion-venue

Your response to my comments above about Zach’s experience in Ogden is a great example. I denounced the action, then you blamed Republicans??? Your fixation on blaming Republicans is not only troubling, but it actually hurting the chance to work closer together to defeat racism.

Rand Paul and his wife was also accosted last night similarly by a crowd as they left the RNC. The crowd was actually calling for him to be killed. They started chanting “say her name” in reference to Breonna Taylor. Did the crowd realize (or even care) that he authored the Breonna Taylor law to eliminate no-knock raids? This guy is actually working to improve things, yet he is tagged as a problem just because he is a Republican.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rand-p ... c-protests

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:15 pm

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:19 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:55 pm
iaafan wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:19 pm
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

I didn’t quote the poll. You did. If you don’t believe it, why did you bring it up?

I was just watching the news and saw a clip of Georgia Democrat Vernon Jones leaving the RNC last night. He AND HIS WIFE was verbally accosted for just supporting Trump. Nobody in that crowd cares what he thinks or feels about race, they only cared that he supported Trump. That is a huge problem in this country right now. Grizgirl actually said having a black speaker would make Republicans feel less racist. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is not a racist bone in my body.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vernon ... tion-venue

Your response to my comments above about Zach’s experience in Ogden is a great example. I denounced the action, then you blamed Republicans??? Your fixation on blaming Republicans is not only troubling, but it actually hurting the chance to work closer together to defeat racism.

Rand Paul and his wife was also accosted last night similarly by a crowd as they left the RNC. The crowd was actually calling for him to be killed. They started chanting “say her name” in reference to Breonna Taylor. Did the crowd realize (or even care) that he authored the Breonna Taylor law to eliminate no-knock raids? This guy is actually working to improve things, yet he is tagged as a problem just because he is a Republican.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rand-p ... c-protests
I didn’t blame Rs. I literally showed that *poll* said Rs and Ds. The 90% for Ds is not good imo. You can not believe the poll and believe yourself if you want, but I’d take the polls word for it over yours.