Looting?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Looting?

Post by RickRund » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:27 pm

I have known a couple of Persian people and they had no problem with us pre 79...

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:28 pm

hokeyfine wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:16 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:30 pm
hokeyfine wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:04 am
Rich K wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:45 am
hokeyfine wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:30 am
Rich K wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:21 am
hokeyfine wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:12 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:08 pm
It lent them the money. Which means they will pay it back. I will have think this one over. We will have a 30% stake in them. Not sure I really like that.

I do have an issue with $150 billion, $1.5 billion in cash being given to iran for appeasement.
It was their money to begin with, in our banks. Not taxpayer dollars.
Frozen assets from prior regime, not the current belligerent state. Only a f'ing moron would think that releasing money to a state at war with us would be ok.
It's still their money. I have no problem giving it back to them. The US has screwed the Iranians since the 1950's. Their hatred of the US is all our doing.
Of course you wouldn't.
Ahhh, nice retort. I would encourage you to study our relationship with Iran from the time they were a British colony to now. Then you would understand better.
Is that part of accepted history or not accepted history?
Our history of screwing Iran is pretty easy to follow. Whether someone accepts it or not is a different story. Just like our blind obedience to Israel.
Just trying to keep track of what is acceptable to the left. If I understand you correctly, we need to remember that we screwed Iran, but we must bury any history of our own civil war.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:48 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:28 pm
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
RickRund wrote:
It lent them the money. Which means they will pay it back. I will have think this one over. We will have a 30% stake in them. Not sure I really like that.

I do have an issue with $150 billion, $1.5 billion in cash being given to iran for appeasement.
Frozen assets from prior regime, not the current belligerent state. Only a f'ing moron would think that releasing money to a state at war with us would be ok.
It's still their money. I have no problem giving it back to them. The US has screwed the Iranians since the 1950's. Their hatred of the US is all our doing.
Of course you wouldn't.
Ahhh, nice retort. I would encourage you to study our relationship with Iran from the time they were a British colony to now. Then you would understand better.
Our history of screwing Iran is pretty easy to follow. Whether someone accepts it or not is a different story. Just like our blind obedience to Israel.
Just trying to keep track of what is acceptable to the left. If I understand you correctly, we need to remember that we screwed Iran, but we must bury any history of our own civil war.
Nope. Don't know where you think I made a comment about the civil war. All I responded to was the comment about sending Iran money.

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Of course you wouldn't.
In what way is anyone burying civil war history?

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:34 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
RickRund wrote:

Of course you wouldn't.
Hokey has posted as one of the far left crowd. I just thought it was ironic that the far left wants to tear down statues related to the civil war era, but we need to remember what the US did to Iran.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:17 pm

Montana had only one monument for the confederacy. It was a fountain in Hill Park in Helena. It was taken down about five years ago. I've lived in Helena most of my life and I didn't even realize it was a confederate monument, but somehow, despite that, I still learned all about the Civil War. I also still remember who Saddam Hussein was despite his statues being taken down in Iraq. I don't think anyone is going to forget about the Civil War era due to the statues of traitors being taken down.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:19 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:34 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:

Of course you wouldn't.
Hokey has posted as one of the far left crowd. I just thought it was ironic that the far left wants to tear down statues related to the civil war era, but we need to remember what the US did to Iran.
where did i say that i was for tearing down statues? again, i was responding to a comment about obama giving money to Iran.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:44 am

hokeyfine wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:19 am
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:

Of course you wouldn't.
where did i say that i was for tearing down statues? again, i was responding to a comment about obama giving money to Iran.
I'm not sure what his "far left" comments are all about. A majority wants to remove the Confederate flag (only 34% approved back in 2017 and surely it's even less now) and it won't be long (approval dropped from 52% to 44% in just the last two years) until a majority want to take down Confederate statues from the Civil War, so there's nothing far left about that. Even right wing people want to do that.

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Rich K » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:10 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:44 am
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:

Of course you wouldn't.
I'm not sure what his "far left" comments are all about. A majority wants to remove the Confederate flag (only 34% approved back in 2017 and surely it's even less now) and it won't be long (approval dropped from 52% to 44% in just the last two years) until a majority want to take down Confederate statues from the Civil War, so there's nothing far left about that. Even right wing people want to do that.
It's not about "removing" the statues. If you want a statue removed there is a process for that. This is about TEARING THEM DOWN without due process. The turd brains that are destroying public property ought to be ostracized by everybody, not given covert cover by pretending they have a civic responsibility to "remove them" without a thought.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 pm

Rich K wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:10 pm
iaafan wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Rich K wrote:

Of course you wouldn't.
It's not about "removing" the statues. If you want a statue removed there is a process for that. This is about TEARING THEM DOWN without due process. The turd brains that are destroying public property ought to be ostracized by everybody, not given covert cover by pretending they have a civic responsibility to "remove them" without a thought.
Oh, yes, law and order. The right always beats that drum when it suits their needs. Were you complaining when Saddam Hussein's statues were being torn down without due process? The confederate statues are statues put up by racists to honor traitors to our country. No one should feel like they should have to tear any of them down. The civic leaders in those towns should have never put them up and today should be eager to get rid of them.

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:33 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 pm
Rich K wrote:
iaafan wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:

Oh, yes, law and order. The right always beats that drum when it suits their needs. Were you complaining when Saddam Hussein's statues were being torn down without due process? The confederate statues are statues put up by racists to honor traitors to our country. No one should feel like they should have to tear any of them down. The civic leaders in those towns should have never put them up and today should be eager to get rid of them.
Somebody felt like they just had to tear a statue down so they tore it down. Lack of impulse control is not a virtue.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Rich K wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:33 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 pm
Rich K wrote:
iaafan wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Somebody felt like they just had to tear a statue down so they tore it down. Lack of impulse control is not a virtue.
As a percentage I'm willing to bet more statues of black leaders have been torn down and defaced than confederate statues.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:16 pm

I find it very ironic that authorities are looking for vandals that defaced two blm murals, the two instances I have heard of. But yet many leaders gave in and allowed wholesale destruction in MANY cities and never lifted a finger to curtail it...

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:57 pm

A statue of Jefferson Davis was also torn down in Rochester, NY today. I hate that this happened.

But hey, that's just how mob justice works, right?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:38 pm

Rich K wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:57 pm
A statue of Jefferson Davis was also torn down in Rochester, NY today. I hate that this happened.

I hadn't seen that. I saw that Frederick Douglass' statue was torn down in Rochester, NY.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:45 pm

RickRund wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:16 pm
I find it very ironic that authorities are looking for vandals that defaced two blm murals, the two instances I have heard of. But yet many leaders gave in and allowed wholesale destruction in MANY cities and never lifted a finger to curtail it...
Wow! What cities did the leaders allow wholesale destruction without doing a single thing? That's just crazy!

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:49 pm

https://www.adl.org/news/press-releases ... -adl-finds

This is another crazy thing in the USA that I was unaware of until just a few days ago.

"ADL’s Center on Extremism, which has aggregated data going back to 1970, shows that over the last decade, a total of 73.3 percent of all extremist-related fatalities can be linked to domestic right-wing extremists, while 23.4 percent can be attributed to Islamic extremists. The remaining 3.2 percent were carried out by extremists who did not fall into either category."

Just from watching the news I would've thought that left-wing extremists would've been a lot more.

toM StUber

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:21 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:38 pm
Rich K wrote:

I hadn't seen that. I saw that Frederick Douglass' statue was torn down in Rochester, NY.
Yea, I got my old grizzled dead guys mixed up.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Rich K wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:21 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:38 pm
Rich K wrote:

Yea, I got my old grizzled dead guys mixed up.
Boy, I'll say!!! :lol: I guess both of their last names begin with a "D", but the similarities really split up after that.

toM StUber

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:02 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:45 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:16 pm
Wow! What cities did the leaders allow wholesale destruction without doing a single thing? That's just crazy!
Seattle and Portland. Then you can toss in Minneapolis. That is just three.