At what point?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1901
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: At what point?

Post by The Butcher » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:31 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:43 am
Here is an article of things that Trump has accomplished while in office.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... se-keeping

I don’t agree with some of the items on the list, but to claim that he hasn’t done anything while in office is ridiculous. Here are a couple that stand out:

His economic policies have created historic lows for unemployment. The unemployment rates for minorities had never been so low.

Terminated old and created new trade deals with Mexico, Canada and South Korea.

The US has become a world leader in energy under Trumps administration. The US is now the number one producer of crude oil in the world. This energy independence has created jobs and also the ability to make global policy decisions without fearing how the Middle East will respond.

Trump ordered the raid that killed Baghdadi, a terrorist who has killed many Americans. This was part of his efforts to completely eliminate ISIS which had grown in power under Obama’s admin.

Pulled out of the awful Iran nuclear deal and placed multiple economic constraints on their economy.

With his threat to pull out of NATO, he has forced NATO allies to contribute significantly more than previous presidential administrations.

Implemented the First Step Act which was focused on addressing the past policies of “mass incarceration”. It was fully supported by both parties.

Just last week, Trump signed an executive order for police reform. It was one of the first significant policies for police reform in decades, including the Obama admin which experienced similar unrest with the police (such as Ferguson). Despite this historic step, you only saw criticism in the press and a google search today on Trump executive order will yield results focused on Trump’s immigration ban as a result of Covid.
Wow each of those accomplishments could easily be challenged. I don't want to take a lot of time, so I will just hit on the most questionable ones.

Unemployment was trending down when Trump became president. There are few, if any, policies he put in place by his administration that would suggest he had any direct correlational with the continual decrease. Not mentioned of course is that unemployment for Americans and especially minorities are the highest since the Great Depression. Also notable is that the Federal Deficit has hit historical highs (this was before the COVID pandemic) because of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act he signed.

The US energy revolution took place since 2000 with the development of fracking. Unless Trump was involved in that technology, he doesn't get credit...
Image

NATO spending from several countries has been ramping up since 2015. Why? Russia's annexation of Crimea (let’s not forget Trump held back Congress approved military support to Ukraine for political dirt on Joe Biden).



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7074
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: At what point?

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:34 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:00 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:21 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 pm
He could literally cure cancer and half the country would have an issue with it.
Well he said he would cure cancer... :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... tly-2019-8
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:39 pm
He is president of the United States and a successful businessman.
I still do not understand how people can think this...
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... sinessman
Has Vanity Affair ever written a piece complimentary of Trump...?
No, but neither has ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, Wapo, CNN. Not 1 single positive story about Trump, with no caveats or anything, just a story that is directly positive about Trump since he became president. Not ONE.

But there is no media bias. Its all just a figment of your imagination.
Then again, what's he done to prompt a positive story? If you tell me that, I'll do a search on it and see if any of the above has done anything on him.
Well thats pretty subjective depending on how you vote, dont you think?? The MSM was overwhelmingly positive about Obama. Why do you think that is?
They were overwhelmingly negative on GWB too (save a few months post-911 when everyone tried to unite for a while), so its not just a Trump thing. Its a right/left thing with the MSM.
He's had some accomplishments (huge tax reductions for the rich), but they haven't been overly popular and haven't had the desired effect on the middle/lower classes. Businesses haven't used the tax breaks on raises in very many cases and most raises haven't been significant.
Again, that's your slant. If you pay $0 in taxes (which includes approximately the bottom 50% of the working class) and Trump puts in a tax cut, you probably aren't going to see a benefit from that, are you? My wife and I combined to make around $150K and we did see a tax cut. Are we the "rich"?
Tax breaks for businesses aren't just for raises - they are also for expansion and job creation. This HAS happened, as evidenced by the historic lows in unemployment rates, including for minorities. (But you don't hear about that on the MSM, at least not in a way that credits Trump).


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: At what point?

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:58 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:43 am
Here is an article of things that Trump has accomplished while in office.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... se-keeping

I don’t agree with some of the items on the list, but to claim that he hasn’t done anything while in office is ridiculous. Here are a couple that stand out:

His economic policies have created historic lows for unemployment. The unemployment rates for minorities had never been so low.

Terminated old and created new trade deals with Mexico, Canada and South Korea.

The US has become a world leader in energy under Trumps administration. The US is now the number one producer of crude oil in the world. This energy independence has created jobs and also the ability to make global policy decisions without fearing how the Middle East will respond.

Trump ordered the raid that killed Baghdadi, a terrorist who has killed many Americans. This was part of his efforts to completely eliminate ISIS which had grown in power under Obama’s admin.

Pulled out of the awful Iran nuclear deal and placed multiple economic constraints on their economy.

With his threat to pull out of NATO, he has forced NATO allies to contribute significantly more than previous presidential administrations.

Implemented the First Step Act which was focused on addressing the past policies of “mass incarceration”. It was fully supported by both parties.

Just last week, Trump signed an executive order for police reform. It was one of the first significant policies for police reform in decades, including the Obama admin which experienced similar unrest with the police (such as Ferguson). Despite this historic step, you only saw criticism in the press and a google search today on Trump executive order will yield results focused on Trump’s immigration ban as a result of Covid.
Wow each of those accomplishments could easily be challenged. I don't want to take a lot of time, so I will just hit on the most questionable ones.

Unemployment was trending down when Trump became president. There are few, if any, policies he put in place by his administration that would suggest he had any direct correlational with the continual decrease. Not mentioned of course is that unemployment for Americans and especially minorities are the highest since the Great Depression. Also notable is that the Federal Deficit has hit historical highs (this was before the COVID pandemic) because of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act he signed.

The US energy revolution took place since 2000 with the development of fracking. Unless Trump was involved in that technology, he doesn't get credit...
Image

NATO spending from several countries has been ramping up since 2015. Why? Russia's annexation of Crimea (let’s not forget Trump held back Congress approved military support to Ukraine for political dirt on Joe Biden).
Everything you just posted is wrong. Please don’t let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Your statements on unemployment with Obama is Unemployment decreased the last few years with Obama, but it wasn’t due to people finding jobs. After being counted as unemployed for so many months, that person is dropped from the unemployment rate.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/01/22 ... b-numbers/

“The percentage of people participating in the labor force fell from 65.7% to a low of 62.7% under Obama.”

And to claim that Trumps current unemployment rates are a result of his policies is UNBELIEVABLY BIASED. You do realize that a pandemic shut down our economy?? Prior to the pandemic, the economy had the lowest unemployment rates for minorities in the history of tracking those figures. The overall unemployment rate was the lowest in FIFTY years! He also increased the percentage of people participating in the work force.

In regard to the national debt, here is the actual data from Treasury data and the CBO.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-n ... ton-2019-2

“Under Obama's first two years and change, the national debt grew by 33%, and it grew by 84% by the end of the 2016 fiscal year.
The debt grew 10% in Trump's first 752 days and is projected to grow by 44% by the end of the 2024 fiscal year.”

As for energy policy, do you recall a project called the Keystone Pipeline in Montana and North Dakota that was stopped by the Obama administration? Trump’s admin has been fighting to have the project re-evaluated, but Obama era appointees have been preventing it from proceeding.

https://missoulacurrent.com/outdoors/20 ... ipeline-2/

That is one example of the difference between Obama and Trump’s energy policy. The article below states more reasons that the energy industry has benefitted from Trumps policies and why we should all want the energy industry to be strong.

https://www.realclearenergy.org/article ... 10373.html

And Trumps efforts on NATO funding and participation by member countries is well documented. The US is contributing 4.3% of GDP while others are only being asked to do 2%. Germany was less than 1% and Trump let them know that needs to improve.



User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: At what point?

Post by codecat » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:54 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:21 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 pm
He could literally cure cancer and half the country would have an issue with it.
Well he said he would cure cancer... :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... tly-2019-8
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:39 pm
He is president of the United States and a successful businessman.
I still do not understand how people can think this...
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... sinessman
Has Vanity Affair ever written a piece complimentary of Trump...?
No, but neither has ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, Wapo, CNN. Not 1 single positive story about Trump, with no caveats or anything, just a story that is directly positive about Trump since he became president. Not ONE.

But there is no media bias. Its all just a figment of your imagination.
Add to that: Google, Facebook,Twitter, Yahoo, and Bezos Washington Times, and Gate's MSNBC

If people started looking at who owns the press they might see and an agenda much larger than our country, from the ultra-rich of the world. Haha, and the dems call themselves the party of the people?


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:18 am

Re: At what point?

Post by hokeyfine » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:22 am

codecat wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:54 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:21 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 pm
He could literally cure cancer and half the country would have an issue with it.
Well he said he would cure cancer... :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... tly-2019-8
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:39 pm
He is president of the United States and a successful businessman.
I still do not understand how people can think this...
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... sinessman
Has Vanity Affair ever written a piece complimentary of Trump...?
No, but neither has ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, Wapo, CNN. Not 1 single positive story about Trump, with no caveats or anything, just a story that is directly positive about Trump since he became president. Not ONE.

But there is no media bias. Its all just a figment of your imagination.
Add to that: Google, Facebook,Twitter, Yahoo, and Bezos Washington Times, and Gate's MSNBC

If people started looking at who owns the press they might see and an agenda much larger than our country, from the ultra-rich of the world. Haha, and the dems call themselves the party of the people?
Murdoch isn't rich?



User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1901
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: At what point?

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:22 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Everything you just posted is wrong. Please don’t let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Your statements on unemployment with Obama is Unemployment decreased the last few years with Obama, but it wasn’t due to people finding jobs. After being counted as unemployed for so many months, that person is dropped from the unemployment rate.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/01/22 ... b-numbers/

“The percentage of people participating in the labor force fell from 65.7% to a low of 62.7% under Obama.”

And to claim that Trumps current unemployment rates are a result of his policies is UNBELIEVABLY BIASED. You do realize that a pandemic shut down our economy?? Prior to the pandemic, the economy had the lowest unemployment rates for minorities in the history of tracking those figures. The overall unemployment rate was the lowest in FIFTY years! He also increased the percentage of people participating in the work force.

In regard to the national debt, here is the actual data from Treasury data and the CBO.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-n ... ton-2019-2

“Under Obama's first two years and change, the national debt grew by 33%, and it grew by 84% by the end of the 2016 fiscal year.
The debt grew 10% in Trump's first 752 days and is projected to grow by 44% by the end of the 2024 fiscal year.”

As for energy policy, do you recall a project called the Keystone Pipeline in Montana and North Dakota that was stopped by the Obama administration? Trump’s admin has been fighting to have the project re-evaluated, but Obama era appointees have been preventing it from proceeding.

https://missoulacurrent.com/outdoors/20 ... ipeline-2/

That is one example of the difference between Obama and Trump’s energy policy. The article below states more reasons that the energy industry has benefitted from Trumps policies and why we should all want the energy industry to be strong.

https://www.realclearenergy.org/article ... 10373.html

And Trumps efforts on NATO funding and participation by member countries is well documented. The US is contributing 4.3% of GDP while others are only being asked to do 2%. Germany was less than 1% and Trump let them know that needs to improve.
First:
Boston Herald is an opinion article, so it is an opinion. Not to mention the writer is connected to the Heritage Foundation who is consider extremely to the right and is known for NOT disclosing funders. The article is also laden with assumptions and not facts.

Did you read the Business Insider article? It painted Trump’s debt worse than Obama’s. It literally says in the article
“One important difference between Trump's debt figures and Obama's is that Trump has added a massive amount of debt while the US economy has been strong, whereas Obama took over during the depths of the financial crisis.”
When this article was printed in Feb 2019 the debt was $2,065,536,336,472 and as of May 2020 it was $25,583,137,364,237. Just another $5,000,000,000,000. The article also cites Trump promising he would pay off the debt in 8 years. The debt was a little under $20,000,000,000,000 when Obama left office. So in about 3.5 years he added $5.5 trillion.

Your articles about energy do not make much sense either. I stated technology was the key to energy growth, and both articles did not claim Trump was the catalyst to this science or played any part America’s growth. You mention the XL Pipeline that has nothing to do with the growth considering it has not been built. The other article is titled “vision”. Visions are nice.

Finally, you don’t see why European countries started putting more money into NATO in 2015 because of Russia’s aggression on the continent. You figured Trump’s bullying was the key. We obviously disagree.



User avatar
technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3229
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: At what point?

Post by technoCat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:35 am

Can someone please explain to me why we are blaming presidents for debt when Congress makes the god damn budget? Congress just put 3 trillion on the pile for corona virus and will probably add more. How is that Trump's fault?


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: At what point?

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:58 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:22 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Everything you just posted is wrong. Please don’t let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Your statements on unemployment with Obama is Unemployment decreased the last few years with Obama, but it wasn’t due to people finding jobs. After being counted as unemployed for so many months, that person is dropped from the unemployment rate.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/01/22 ... b-numbers/

“The percentage of people participating in the labor force fell from 65.7% to a low of 62.7% under Obama.”

And to claim that Trumps current unemployment rates are a result of his policies is UNBELIEVABLY BIASED. You do realize that a pandemic shut down our economy?? Prior to the pandemic, the economy had the lowest unemployment rates for minorities in the history of tracking those figures. The overall unemployment rate was the lowest in FIFTY years! He also increased the percentage of people participating in the work force.

In regard to the national debt, here is the actual data from Treasury data and the CBO.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-n ... ton-2019-2

“Under Obama's first two years and change, the national debt grew by 33%, and it grew by 84% by the end of the 2016 fiscal year.
The debt grew 10% in Trump's first 752 days and is projected to grow by 44% by the end of the 2024 fiscal year.”

As for energy policy, do you recall a project called the Keystone Pipeline in Montana and North Dakota that was stopped by the Obama administration? Trump’s admin has been fighting to have the project re-evaluated, but Obama era appointees have been preventing it from proceeding.

https://missoulacurrent.com/outdoors/20 ... ipeline-2/

That is one example of the difference between Obama and Trump’s energy policy. The article below states more reasons that the energy industry has benefitted from Trumps policies and why we should all want the energy industry to be strong.

https://www.realclearenergy.org/article ... 10373.html

And Trumps efforts on NATO funding and participation by member countries is well documented. The US is contributing 4.3% of GDP while others are only being asked to do 2%. Germany was less than 1% and Trump let them know that needs to improve.
First:
Boston Herald is an opinion article, so it is an opinion. Not to mention the writer is connected to the Heritage Foundation who is consider extremely to the right and is known for NOT disclosing funders. The article is also laden with assumptions and not facts.

Did you read the Business Insider article? It painted Trump’s debt worse than Obama’s. It literally says in the article
“One important difference between Trump's debt figures and Obama's is that Trump has added a massive amount of debt while the US economy has been strong, whereas Obama took over during the depths of the financial crisis.”
When this article was printed in Feb 2019 the debt was $2,065,536,336,472 and as of May 2020 it was $25,583,137,364,237. Just another $5,000,000,000,000. The article also cites Trump promising he would pay off the debt in 8 years. The debt was a little under $20,000,000,000,000 when Obama left office. So in about 3.5 years he added $5.5 trillion.

Your articles about energy do not make much sense either. I stated technology was the key to energy growth, and both articles did not claim Trump was the catalyst to this science or played any part America’s growth. You mention the XL Pipeline that has nothing to do with the growth considering it has not been built. The other article is titled “vision”. Visions are nice.

Finally, you don’t see why European countries started putting more money into NATO in 2015 because of Russia’s aggression on the continent. You figured Trump’s bullying was the key. We obviously disagree.
OMG. Your hate for Trump is so overwhelming that you can’t see any benefit at all. I will be the first to acknowledge that Trump is polarizing and can say some pretty dumb things, but the fact is that he has done a good job with the economy.

Your excuse with the Boston Herald writer is just that: an excuse. Here is a piece from Forbes that describes how Obama’s unemployment rates looked better than they actually were because of people not being counted in that calculation anymore:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferra ... ate-is-11/

Both articles on energy were to shed some light about Trump’s energy policy. He has been actively working to bolster the US Energy industry and he has wants to see the US as the dominant world power for energy. That results in many benefits, but specifically it affects Russia on a global power scale. My main overall point though is that Trump has been working to advance the oil and gas industry. You said he wasn’t.

The business insider article was a very neutral piece and laid out the points from both side. However the conclusion from those points did not leave any doubt. How in the world can you refute the last chart?

And your view on NATO? Of course Russia had spurred some greater participation! But to completely ignore Trumps aggressive campaign to increase NATO funding by those countries would be like saying Choate had nothing to do with the current success of the Cats.



User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1901
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: At what point?

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:58 am

OMG. Your hate for Trump is so overwhelming that you can’t see any benefit at all. I will be the first to acknowledge that Trump is polarizing and can say some pretty dumb things, but the fact is that he has done a good job with the economy.
I do not "hate" Trump, I do not know Trump to hate him. However; I absolutely believe he is unfit to be president. For some reason many who support him accept that he lies, demonizes people/groups, bullies opponents, uses the presidency unethically and on and on and on. Right now the economy is horrible, and is going to get worse as Trump continues to willfully ignore the pandemic. The support of Trump is more because the (R) behind his name than his actual ability to be president.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: At what point?

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:58 am

OMG. Your hate for Trump is so overwhelming that you can’t see any benefit at all. I will be the first to acknowledge that Trump is polarizing and can say some pretty dumb things, but the fact is that he has done a good job with the economy.
I do not "hate" Trump, I do not know Trump to hate him. However; I absolutely believe he is unfit to be president. For some reason many who support him accept that he lies, demonizes people/groups, bullies opponents, uses the presidency unethically and on and on and on. Right now the economy is horrible, and is going to get worse as Trump continues to willfully ignore the pandemic. The support of Trump is more because the (R) behind his name than his actual ability to be president.
It is pretty hard for you claim that you don’t hate the guy. Just look at your posts. You have become a poster child for the anti-Trump crowd. Any positive post of Trump or the Republicans is met with complete animosity from you.

As I mentioned before, Trump is flawed. No question about it. I wish there was a better candidate, but there is not. Trump has done a remarkable job with the economy. COVID has set the economy and this country back significantly, but it is really not fair to blame Trump. He wants the pandemic to be over worse than anyone. And Democratic leaders are not helping him. Trump was criticized for closing travel from China by Pelosi, Cuomo and Biden. Later, those same people are criticizing him for not closing travel quicker. It is pathetic!

And before you critique Trump for how bad he has handled Covid, have you heard how Biden would have handled it? The answer is no because Joe has been hiding in his basement.

I just mentioned in another thread that the Democratic Party is in shambles. The best you could put forward for president was a 78 year old white guy who has spent 50 years as a politician? WTF? The next best candidate is an admitted socialist? After that, a 70+ year old white lady who will say anything to gain a vote?



User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1901
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: At what point?

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:58 am

OMG. Your hate for Trump is so overwhelming that you can’t see any benefit at all. I will be the first to acknowledge that Trump is polarizing and can say some pretty dumb things, but the fact is that he has done a good job with the economy.
I do not "hate" Trump, I do not know Trump to hate him. However; I absolutely believe he is unfit to be president. For some reason many who support him accept that he lies, demonizes people/groups, bullies opponents, uses the presidency unethically and on and on and on. Right now the economy is horrible, and is going to get worse as Trump continues to willfully ignore the pandemic. The support of Trump is more because the (R) behind his name than his actual ability to be president.
It is pretty hard for you claim that you don’t hate the guy. Just look at your posts. You have become a poster child for the anti-Trump crowd. Any positive post of Trump or the Republicans is met with complete animosity from you.

As I mentioned before, Trump is flawed. No question about it. I wish there was a better candidate, but there is not. Trump has done a remarkable job with the economy. COVID has set the economy and this country back significantly, but it is really not fair to blame Trump. He wants the pandemic to be over worse than anyone. And Democratic leaders are not helping him. Trump was criticized for closing travel from China by Pelosi, Cuomo and Biden. Later, those same people are criticizing him for not closing travel quicker. It is pathetic!

And before you critique Trump for how bad he has handled Covid, have you heard how Biden would have handled it? The answer is no because Joe has been hiding in his basement.

I just mentioned in another thread that the Democratic Party is in shambles. The best you could put forward for president was a 78 year old white guy who has spent 50 years as a politician? WTF? The next best candidate is an admitted socialist? After that, a 70+ year old white lady who will say anything to gain a vote?
Thanks again for telling me how I feel about a person. Of course you continue to generalize groups of people pretty regularly, so telling me how I fell is par for the course.

If you took a moment and look at how "Kung Flu" found its way to the United States you would actually find it primarily came from Europe. But you can blame it on China. Cool. Also, isn't it Trump that is slowing down testing? Isn't it Trump that is pulling Federal support from testing sites. But yeah, the Dems are totally messing up this "Kung Flu" pandemic. I am still wondering how a person could think Trump is doing a good job when he is STILL CONFUSED about the "19" in COVID-19. But I am going to sit down and pop a couple of hydroxychloroquine.

The old white Biden is only 3 years older than old white Trump. But whatever.

All the great GOP candidates were beat out by Trump. Trump was bankrupting his businesses, hanging with pornstars, and partying with Jeff Epstein, need I say more on the pathetic options coming out of the GOP… Not to mention “shambles”. Have you seen Democrats turning on Biden? You don’t have to go very far to find Republicans turning on Trump. The Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump would disagree about a party being in shambles.

But as Trump so eloquently put it "I am the chosen one."



User avatar
technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3229
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: At what point?

Post by technoCat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Honest question: At what point do people stop pointing fingers at the "racist evil white" right when almost all major cities have been run by democrats for decades? Most of them have democratic governors as well, with women and PoC sprinkled in quite liberally. Why do you continue to advocate for democratic leaders to keep being elected when they don't do anything to improve the lives of those they claim to be championing?

I don't even think that the answer is necessarily to replace them with republicans but it doesn't do anyone any good when they can pretty much just assume they will win every election and don't have to do anything.


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

User avatar
technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3229
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: At what point?

Post by technoCat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:45 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:58 am

OMG. Your hate for Trump is so overwhelming that you can’t see any benefit at all. I will be the first to acknowledge that Trump is polarizing and can say some pretty dumb things, but the fact is that he has done a good job with the economy.
I do not "hate" Trump, I do not know Trump to hate him. However; I absolutely believe he is unfit to be president. For some reason many who support him accept that he lies, demonizes people/groups, bullies opponents, uses the presidency unethically and on and on and on. Right now the economy is horrible, and is going to get worse as Trump continues to willfully ignore the pandemic. The support of Trump is more because the (R) behind his name than his actual ability to be president.
It is pretty hard for you claim that you don’t hate the guy. Just look at your posts. You have become a poster child for the anti-Trump crowd. Any positive post of Trump or the Republicans is met with complete animosity from you.

As I mentioned before, Trump is flawed. No question about it. I wish there was a better candidate, but there is not. Trump has done a remarkable job with the economy. COVID has set the economy and this country back significantly, but it is really not fair to blame Trump. He wants the pandemic to be over worse than anyone. And Democratic leaders are not helping him. Trump was criticized for closing travel from China by Pelosi, Cuomo and Biden. Later, those same people are criticizing him for not closing travel quicker. It is pathetic!

And before you critique Trump for how bad he has handled Covid, have you heard how Biden would have handled it? The answer is no because Joe has been hiding in his basement.

I just mentioned in another thread that the Democratic Party is in shambles. The best you could put forward for president was a 78 year old white guy who has spent 50 years as a politician? WTF? The next best candidate is an admitted socialist? After that, a 70+ year old white lady who will say anything to gain a vote?
Thanks again for telling me how I feel about a person. Of course you continue to generalize groups of people pretty regularly, so telling me how I fell is par for the course.

If you took a moment and look at how "Kung Flu" found its way to the United States you would actually find it primarily came from Europe. But you can blame it on China. Cool. Also, isn't it Trump that is slowing down testing? Isn't it Trump that is pulling Federal support from testing sites. But yeah, the Dems are totally messing up this "Kung Flu" pandemic. I am still wondering how a person could think Trump is doing a good job when he is STILL CONFUSED about the "19" in COVID-19. But I am going to sit down and pop a couple of hydroxychloroquine.

The old white Biden is only 3 years older than old white Trump. But whatever.

All the great GOP candidates were beat out by Trump. Trump was bankrupting his businesses, hanging with pornstars, and partying with Jeff Epstein, need I say more on the pathetic options coming out of the GOP… Not to mention “shambles”. Have you seen Democrats turning on Biden? You don’t have to go very far to find Republicans turning on Trump. The Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump would disagree about a party being in shambles.

But as Trump so eloquently put it "I am the chosen one."
AOC has gone after Biden quite a few times. Kamala Harris had some choice words for him. On the whole though, they do appear more cohesive because they know they will get drummed out of the party if they challenge the leaders without having 7 million twitter followers.

Trump is hated by "the establishment". He is shaking up the natural order of things in DC and both sides can't have that because it will affect their continued elite status while NOT DOING A DAMN THING! Outside of maybe Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, the republican presidential candidates were a bunch of spineless betas that were more worried about their appearance than having a real platform. That's why Trump is popular because he dares to say what he means and not just what he thinks people want to hear.


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1901
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: At what point?

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:04 pm

Old Teddy Cruz.




User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: At what point?

Post by codecat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:10 pm

hokeyfine wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:22 am
codecat wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:54 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:21 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 pm
He could literally cure cancer and half the country would have an issue with it.
Well he said he would cure cancer... :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... tly-2019-8
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:39 pm
He is president of the United States and a successful businessman.
I still do not understand how people can think this...
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... sinessman
Has Vanity Affair ever written a piece complimentary of Trump...?
No, but neither has ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, Wapo, CNN. Not 1 single positive story about Trump, with no caveats or anything, just a story that is directly positive about Trump since he became president. Not ONE.

But there is no media bias. Its all just a figment of your imagination.
Add to that: Google, Facebook,Twitter, Yahoo, and Bezos Washington Times, and Gate's MSNBC

If people started looking at who owns the press they might see and an agenda much larger than our country, from the ultra-rich of the world. Haha, and the dems call themselves the party of the people?
Murdoch isn't rich?
In case you don't actually read - Murdoch's sold out to the Disney/ABC Liberal conglomerate and Fox News has been slowly warming the pot with the frog in place.


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: At what point?

Post by codecat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:14 pm

technoCat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:45 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:58 am

OMG. Your hate for Trump is so overwhelming that you can’t see any benefit at all. I will be the first to acknowledge that Trump is polarizing and can say some pretty dumb things, but the fact is that he has done a good job with the economy.
I do not "hate" Trump, I do not know Trump to hate him. However; I absolutely believe he is unfit to be president. For some reason many who support him accept that he lies, demonizes people/groups, bullies opponents, uses the presidency unethically and on and on and on. Right now the economy is horrible, and is going to get worse as Trump continues to willfully ignore the pandemic. The support of Trump is more because the (R) behind his name than his actual ability to be president.
It is pretty hard for you claim that you don’t hate the guy. Just look at your posts. You have become a poster child for the anti-Trump crowd. Any positive post of Trump or the Republicans is met with complete animosity from you.

As I mentioned before, Trump is flawed. No question about it. I wish there was a better candidate, but there is not. Trump has done a remarkable job with the economy. COVID has set the economy and this country back significantly, but it is really not fair to blame Trump. He wants the pandemic to be over worse than anyone. And Democratic leaders are not helping him. Trump was criticized for closing travel from China by Pelosi, Cuomo and Biden. Later, those same people are criticizing him for not closing travel quicker. It is pathetic!

And before you critique Trump for how bad he has handled Covid, have you heard how Biden would have handled it? The answer is no because Joe has been hiding in his basement.

I just mentioned in another thread that the Democratic Party is in shambles. The best you could put forward for president was a 78 year old white guy who has spent 50 years as a politician? WTF? The next best candidate is an admitted socialist? After that, a 70+ year old white lady who will say anything to gain a vote?
Thanks again for telling me how I feel about a person. Of course you continue to generalize groups of people pretty regularly, so telling me how I fell is par for the course.

If you took a moment and look at how "Kung Flu" found its way to the United States you would actually find it primarily came from Europe. But you can blame it on China. Cool. Also, isn't it Trump that is slowing down testing? Isn't it Trump that is pulling Federal support from testing sites. But yeah, the Dems are totally messing up this "Kung Flu" pandemic. I am still wondering how a person could think Trump is doing a good job when he is STILL CONFUSED about the "19" in COVID-19. But I am going to sit down and pop a couple of hydroxychloroquine.

The old white Biden is only 3 years older than old white Trump. But whatever.

All the great GOP candidates were beat out by Trump. Trump was bankrupting his businesses, hanging with pornstars, and partying with Jeff Epstein, need I say more on the pathetic options coming out of the GOP… Not to mention “shambles”. Have you seen Democrats turning on Biden? You don’t have to go very far to find Republicans turning on Trump. The Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump would disagree about a party being in shambles.

But as Trump so eloquently put it "I am the chosen one."
AOC has gone after Biden quite a few times. Kamala Harris had some choice words for him. On the whole though, they do appear more cohesive because they know they will get drummed out of the party if they challenge the leaders without having 7 million twitter followers.

Trump is hated by "the establishment". He is shaking up the natural order of things in DC and both sides can't have that because it will affect their continued elite status while NOT DOING A DAMN THING! Outside of maybe Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, the republican presidential candidates were a bunch of spineless betas that were more worried about their appearance than having a real platform. That's why Trump is popular because he dares to say what he means and not just what he thinks people want to hear.
Bingo - I saw him as the only Presidential candidate in 2016 that was Pro-America and Pro-Constitution that would actually fight for the people of this country. You are right on as far as the reason there is so much opposition - that opposition is the measure of how far this country is already gone.


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2484
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: At what point?

Post by 77matcat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:52 pm

The president has continued the Mkt trajectories from the prior president. The best he could do till Feb was to say he didn’t screw things up too badly.

Of course we all know what sticking his head in the sand has done since then.

History will record that Trump has been the worst president ever.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1028833119



User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: At what point?

Post by codecat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:53 pm

77matcat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:52 pm
The president has continued the Mkt trajectories from the prior president. The best he could do till Feb was to say he didn’t screw things up too badly.

Of course we all know what sticking his head in the sand has done since then.

History will record that Trump has been the worst president ever.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1028833119
Fun charts for sure, but you forget that the economy tanked under Obama in 2008 because of his policies, namely forcing financial institutions to finance homes for people that would not qualify for that particular mortgage. It really takes a rocket scientist to figure that one out - duh! Isn't he the one that said that American will never have a great economy again and that we ought to get used to it?

Sorry Obama, But It's Trump's Economic Boom, Not Yours
Let's see if we have this right.

For eight years, President Obama presided over the worst economic recovery in modern times. For six years, he blamed Republicans in Congress for thwarting his spending agenda and hampering growth. In his last two years in office, he claimed that 2% growth was the best we could hope for. And in his last year in office, while the economy was again stalling out, Obama claimed that Trump's tax cuts and deregulation would only make things worse.
https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... g-economy/

Sorry, This Is Still The Worst Economic Recovery Ever
And it was no accident, by the way. It's the result of policy moves by the Democrats, who controlled Congress completely from 2006 to 2010, by President Obama, who has been in office since 2009, and by the Federal Reserve. All operated on the mistaken notion that more government, not less, would fix things.
https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... owth-jobs/


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10020
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: At what point?

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:02 pm

codecat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:53 pm


Fun charts for sure, but you forget that the economy tanked under Obama in 2008 because of his policies, namely forcing financial institutions to finance homes for people that would not qualify for that particular mortgage. It really takes a rocket scientist to figure that one out - duh! Isn't he the one that said that American will never have a great economy again and that we ought to get used to it?
Sir, I’m no rocket scientist, but Obama wasn’t President in 2008.



hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:18 am

Re: At what point?

Post by hokeyfine » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:24 am

codecat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:10 pm
hokeyfine wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:22 am
codecat wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:54 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:21 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 pm
He could literally cure cancer and half the country would have an issue with it.
Well he said he would cure cancer... :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... tly-2019-8
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:39 pm
He is president of the United States and a successful businessman.
I still do not understand how people can think this...
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... sinessman
Has Vanity Affair ever written a piece complimentary of Trump...?
No, but neither has ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, Wapo, CNN. Not 1 single positive story about Trump, with no caveats or anything, just a story that is directly positive about Trump since he became president. Not ONE.

But there is no media bias. Its all just a figment of your imagination.
Add to that: Google, Facebook,Twitter, Yahoo, and Bezos Washington Times, and Gate's MSNBC

If people started looking at who owns the press they might see and an agenda much larger than our country, from the ultra-rich of the world. Haha, and the dems call themselves the party of the people?
Murdoch isn't rich?
In case you don't actually read - Murdoch's sold out to the Disney/ABC Liberal conglomerate and Fox News has been slowly warming the pot with the frog in place.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/f ... t-to-close



Post Reply