I have to thank the left for saving us.

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by The Butcher » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:16 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:55 pm
You guys should spend more time looking at things that actually are important.
Apparently breaking the law in the Trump administration doesn't fall under "important". Of course this has been the GOP stance since Trump became president.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:31 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:52 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:47 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:49 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:42 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:39 am
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:12 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:06 pm
Does the left just make their own rules to follow?

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/s ... ne-mandate
Out of curiosity, how do you feel about the Hatch Act?
I am no expert, but I thought the Hatch Act was meant to prevent jobs or contracts to be rewarded in return for political support. I think Trump giving his RNC speech at the White House is a stretch for a Hatch Act violation.
“The Hatch Act of 1939, An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law. Its main provision prohibits all employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the president and vice president, from engaging in some forms of political activity.“
I read that earlier as well, so I am trying to figure out what your point is? Clearly states Trump is exempt.
Pompeo speaking at the RNC is a violation of the hatch act, is it not? why would the president and the RNC allow that?

This goes back to your question of “Does the left just make their own rules to follow?”

So, again, how do you feel about the hatch act?
I realize that the Dems don’t have policy to talk about and have to attack Trump’s admin as the main strategy for Biden’s campaign, but don’t you have anything better to attack? Here is a little piece from someone much more educated on the facts than me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... have-done/

I didn’t see any mention of the hatch act in that opinion piece. Can you point it out to me?
Are you serious? I didn’t realize that the Hatch Act must be mentioned in the article🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I thought it might be enough that what you are criticizing Trump/Pompeo for was being compared to similar actions by Obama and Biden. If you can’t draw a line between the two, then you are beyond my help.
You: Do dems just make their own rules?
Me: What about hatch act?
You: post article that says nothing about hatch act.
Me: What about hatch act?
You: Are you serious? I didn't realize we were talking about hatch act.

So I ask again....in the context of your criticism of people thinking they can make/break rules....what about the hatch act?
You: what about Pompeo? Did he violate the Hatch act?
Me: Here is an article about the Pompeo question you asked.
You: but the article doesn’t mention the Hatch act?
Me: are you serious? I didn’t realize that the article has to actually say the Hatch act.

In summary, I assumed that you were smart enough to understand the article and how it relates to the Hatch act with Pompeo. Apparently, I was giving you too much credit.

But here is a news flash for you. Keep pushing the Hatch Act accusations. A Democrat rep has already sought an investigation. Go ahead and spend millions of dollars on the investigation like Russia collusion. Nobody cares! Just like nobody cared when Obama would use Air Force 1 as a prop. Just like nobody cares when Biden or Obama were on official business at official gatherings yet they would make comments about the 2016 candidate Trump while acting in an official capacity! The investigation will only further alienate this country from the Democratic Party. So go for it!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:21 pm

](*,)

The article says literally nothing about the Hatch Act or anything that relates to Hatch Act.

The Hatch Act literally says POTUS and VP are exempt.

Just so I understand, you are okay with people breaking laws so long as they have the correct letter after their name?

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:42 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:21 pm
](*,)

The article says literally nothing about the Hatch Act or anything that relates to Hatch Act.

Just so I understand, you are okay with people breaking laws so long as they have the correct letter after their name?
Did you care when Hillary used a private email server? Didn’t she break the law? Isn’t her transgression much more important to national security?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:13 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:42 pm
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

Did you care when Hillary used a private email server? Didn’t she break the law? Isn’t her transgression much more important to national security?
You keep pivoting and changing the topic. Why is that?

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:26 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:13 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

I am making a point. I am sure you don’t like that. I explained to you that nobody cares and there are more important topics to address. You asked me if I am okay with people breaking the law if they have the correct letter behind their name. I asked you the same question, but in different manner about Hillary’s transgressions. Why don’t you answer the question? Are you okay with Hillary breaking the law? Are you giving her a pass because she is a Democrat?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:13 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:26 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

I am making a point. I am sure you don’t like that. I explained to you that nobody cares and there are more important topics to address. You asked me if I am okay with people breaking the law if they have the correct letter behind their name. I asked you the same question, but in different manner about Hillary’s transgressions. Why don’t you answer the question? Are you okay with Hillary breaking the law? Are you giving her a pass because she is a Democrat?
Hey man...It’s cool if you don’t want to answer the question.

To answer your question, I think all politicians (R’s and D’s) who break the law should be investigated and, if found guilty, be held accountable. I don’t think we should turn the other cheek or play the whataboutism game.

So.....hatch act? Thoughts?

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:56 am

Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

You are hilarious! What about her emails, HER EMAILS..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-official ... os-1449556

Anyways; we get it- you are cool with Trump and his cronies breaking the law.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:22 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:13 am
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

To answer your question, I think all politicians (R’s and D’s) who break the law should be investigated and, if found guilty, be held accountable. I don’t think we should turn the other cheek or play the whataboutism game.

Only in Montana, would the Caddis Fly stir up such emotions.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:22 am
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

Only in Montana, would the Caddis Fly stir up such emotions.
I appreciate what you did there.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:56 am
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

You are hilarious! What about her emails, HER EMAILS..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-official ... os-1449556

Anyways; we get it- you are cool with Trump and his cronies breaking the law.
Wait a second... the law didn’t apply to Hillary but now you expect it to apply to everyone else? Do you think Hilary should be prosecuted for emails on a private server? She clearly did it and with high level confidential information as Secretary of State.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:10 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 am
Wait a second... the law didn’t apply to Hillary but now you expect it to apply to everyone else? Do you think Hilary should be prosecuted for emails on a private server? She clearly did it and with high level confidential information as Secretary of State.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn't say anything about Hilary breaking the law. I pointed out your hypocrisy when you mentioned Hilary.

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:26 am

wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

You still didn’t directly answer the question about Hilary. You did say all politicians who break the law should be investigated and held accountable if guilty. I guess that means Hillary should be investigated and she clearly transgressed the law. With that offense and her security clearance for information, she should be spending time in prison.

As for Pompeo, he may have violated the Hatch Act but I don’t think an investigation makes sense. With his violation, there was no risk to national security and it is hard to identify if a violation hurt anybody. Do you think a multimillion dollar investigation makes sense for what appears to be a jay-walking offense? As I said above, go ahead and pursue that investigation and see what American taxpayers think about how much money they spend.

And obviously, if someone breaks the law, ideally they should be prosecuted. However common sense in application of the law must be taken into account. If someone is jay-walking on a completely empty street, should a grand jury be assembled to determine if charges should be levied? Of course not!

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:27 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:10 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 am
I didn't say anything about Hilary breaking the law. I pointed out your hypocrisy when you mentioned Hilary.
So you agree Hilary should be in jail?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:10 am

Maybe google Hillary email scandal investigation.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:26 am
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

You still didn’t directly answer the question about Hilary. You did say all politicians who break the law should be investigated and held accountable if guilty. I guess that means Hillary should be investigated and she clearly transgressed the law. With that offense and her security clearance for information, she should be spending time in prison.

As for Pompeo, he may have violated the Hatch Act but I don’t think an investigation makes sense. With his violation, there was no risk to national security and it is hard to identify if a violation hurt anybody. Do you think a multimillion dollar investigation makes sense for what appears to be a jay-walking offense? As I said above, go ahead and pursue that investigation and see what American taxpayers think about how much money they spend.

And obviously, if someone breaks the law, ideally they should be prosecuted. However common sense in application of the law must be taken into account. If someone is jay-walking on a completely empty street, should a grand jury be assembled to determine if charges should be levied? Of course not!
Hatch Act violation = Jay walking on a completely empty street?

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:54 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:12 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

So you never answered my question on Hilary? Should she be prosecuted?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:54 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:12 pm
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
](*,)

So you never answered my question on Hilary? Should she be prosecuted?
Sure, if that’s what a judicial body determines. No one should be above the law.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:43 pm