I have to thank the left for saving us.

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:01 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:40 am
Should this be a wedge issue? Specifically in this example? Do you agree with sex education in Kindergarten?
From the article I couldn't tell if there was any support for the bill outside of the one person sponsoring it. Are there others supporting it? Also, it should be hard for you to say this is representative of an entire party while you just called GOP Gosar a "buffoon" for his actions and not representative of his party. Additionally, one point in the article I felt was absolutely something we need to teach are children is how to respond to sexual abuse. I think anyone that works with families impacted by sexual abuse would agree that education to our children is extremely important.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:06 am

Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:13 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:46 pm
Sex education in Kindergarten. I would love to hear some of our liberal posters try to defend this one. Better yet, it would be refreshing to see some of those liberals express disappointment in such legislation.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/06/ny-lawmak ... tners/amp/
Legislation sponsored by state Sen. Samra G. Brouk, a freshman Democrat from Rochester, would tie New York’s health curriculum to standards written by a left-wing interest group that advocates “Sex Ed for Social Change” — and would make those lessons mandatory statewide.

Under that group’s current standards, public and charter schools would have to teach 5-year-olds about “gender identity” and instruct 8-year-olds on hormone blockers to prevent puberty in transgender-identifying preteens.

Kids as young as 11 would get lectures on “vaginal, oral, and anal sex”; study “queer, two-spirit, asexual, pansexual” and other gender identities; and receive explicit instruction on the use of external and internal condoms, dental dams and other contraceptives.
Sex education, another wedge issue to keep the right and left middle classers from ever joining together to form a moderate middle class party. Throw it in there with guns, abortion, ...
Should this be a wedge issue? Specifically in this example? Do you agree with sex education in Kindergarten?
I doubt the average guy on the street has studied when people should start learning about sex, so what do the experts say? I'm more interested in what someone that professionally studies human behavior and sex education thinks, than what anyone on here, that probably doesn't know what they're talking about, thinks.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:38 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:01 am
Cataholic wrote:
From the article I couldn't tell if there was any support for the bill outside of the one person sponsoring it. Are there others supporting it? Also, it should be hard for you to say this is representative of an entire party while you just called GOP Gosar a "buffoon" for his actions and not representative of his party. Additionally, one point in the article I felt was absolutely something we need to teach are children is how to respond to sexual abuse. I think anyone that works with families impacted by sexual abuse would agree that education to our children is extremely important.
I honestly don’t know what the support level is. I would hope it is poor as I mentioned in my original post “let’s see one of our liberals try to defend this”. It is so blatantly wrong at this age. Your tone indicates that you don’t support this concept, but you never say “this is wrong” and you still try to justify some of it... Part of the problem is that people cannot step away from their political affiliation and take a stand against such insane ideas.

By the way, they already talked to kids about sex abuse. My recollection is it taught as bad touching. Necessary and already done today.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:44 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:06 am
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Sex education in Kindergarten. I would love to hear some of our liberal posters try to defend this one. Better yet, it would be refreshing to see some of those liberals express disappointment in such legislation.

Legislation sponsored by state Sen. Samra G. Brouk, a freshman Democrat from Rochester, would tie New York’s health curriculum to standards written by a left-wing interest group that advocates “Sex Ed for Social Change” — and would make those lessons mandatory statewide.

Under that group’s current standards, public and charter schools would have to teach 5-year-olds about “gender identity” and instruct 8-year-olds on hormone blockers to prevent puberty in transgender-identifying preteens.

Kids as young as 11 would get lectures on “vaginal, oral, and anal sex”; study “queer, two-spirit, asexual, pansexual” and other gender identities; and receive explicit instruction on the use of external and internal condoms, dental dams and other contraceptives.
Sex education, another wedge issue to keep the right and left middle classers from ever joining together to form a moderate middle class party. Throw it in there with guns, abortion, ...
I doubt the average guy on the street has studied when people should start learning about sex, so what do the experts say? I'm more interested in what someone that professionally studies human behavior and sex education thinks, than what anyone on here, that probably doesn't know what they're talking about, thinks.
Thank you for showing just how attached you are to liberal agendas. Do you really need an expert to voice their opinion on teaching anal and oral sex to kindergartners? Isn’t it INCREDIBLY CLEAR that this is wrong? When did you learn about such items in your life? If you can’t use some common sense for this example and decry this as ridiculous, there really is no hope that some liberals will ever be willing to compromise on some issues.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:50 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:29 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Here is another classic wedge issue the GOP loves:
South Dakota Passes Bill Restricting Transgender Girls From Sports Teams
https://www.npr.org/2021/03/08/97500203 ... orts-teams

Just a FYI; this law would have impacted ONE person in the past decade. Good use of legislative time...
I am curious to see how the NCAA reacts to this. Sioux Falls has hosted numerous NCAA events including this year's Summit League Men's and Women's BB Tournaments. North Carolina lost several NCAA events due to their transgender bathroom law, so there could be similar repercussions for South Dakota.
So in your transgender example above, are you for transgender females competing against females? You have been extremely critical of Noem, but I thought you would support her on this issue. You say it affects just one athlete, but in actuality, it affects every single girl that competes in women’s sports in SD. You bring up the NCAA issues with Norm’s policy, but maybe it is the NCAA’s policy that is wrong for punishing the state of SD for protecting equal competition for all girls in the state.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:26 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:44 am
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Thank you for showing just how attached you are to liberal agendas. Do you really need an expert to voice their opinion on teaching anal and oral sex to kindergartners? Isn’t it INCREDIBLY CLEAR that this is wrong? When did you learn about such items in your life? If you can’t use some common sense for this example and decry this as ridiculous, there really is no hope that some liberals will ever be willing to compromise on some issues.
So you don't have anything to share from experts that supports your opinion. Got it. I also take it that you think that the way things appear on the surface to you are the way they are and that there's no sense discussing the subject, because you already know just cuz you know.

ghobs95
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ghobs95 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:53 am

Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

From your own post: "teach 5-year-olds about “gender identity”" I'm not sure how you're correlating teaching Kindergarteners that some people don't identify with the gender they're assigned at birth with anal and oral sex. Did you not even read the quote that you posted? Do you not think middle schoolers should be informed on how to use condoms? Because some of them sure as hell do need to know how they're used.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:00 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:50 am
So in your transgender example above, are you for transgender females competing against females? You have been extremely critical of Noem, but I thought you would support her on this issue. You say it affects just one athlete, but in actuality, it affects every single girl that competes in women’s sports in SD. You bring up the NCAA issues with Norm’s policy, but maybe it is the NCAA’s policy that is wrong for punishing the state of SD for protecting equal competition for all girls in the state.
If this approach to legislation was really about gender equality in athletics it would focus on equal resources for female sports (coaches’ pay, operational budget, etc.) not an occurrence that happened once in a decade... But sure keep pretending that transgender issues are a noteworthy problem in female athletics equality. :roll:
Cataholic wrote:
By the way, they already talked to kids about sex abuse. My recollection is it taught as bad touching. Necessary and already done today.
I would argue that professionals who work with victims of child abuse would vehemently disagree with this being adequate education to help protect our youth against abuse.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:21 am

ghobs95 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:53 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

From your own post: "teach 5-year-olds about “gender identity”" I'm not sure how you're correlating teaching Kindergarteners that some people don't identify with the gender they're assigned at birth with anal and oral sex. Did you not even read the quote that you posted? Do you not think middle schoolers should be informed on how to use condoms? Because some of them sure as hell do need to know how they're used.
I think we all agree some level of sex ed at the approproate age is important (debatable where this education should come from), but holy $%#& - instructing 8 year olds on hormone blockers to prevent puberty? Teaching 11 year olds about oral, anal, and vaginal sex and the 10 or 12 genders that currently exist? I'm not even old fashioned but wow. As for people that always say, listen to what the trained professionals tell you I would say there are trained professionals that are OK with NAMBLA.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:45 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:26 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

So you don't have anything to share from experts that supports your opinion. Got it. I also take it that you think that the way things appear on the surface to you are the way they are and that there's no sense discussing the subject, because you already know just cuz you know.
I may be wrong, but don't you have kids? Do you need an expert opinion to tell you what is proper and at what time it should be taught? Don't you see a problem with the government telling you what is proper? Don't you see a problem with a teacher telling your kindergartener that they could be a girl even though they were born with a penis? And no, I didn't supply an expert opinion. I also don't need an expert opinion to predict that the sun is rising tomorrow. Can you supply an expert opinion?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 pm

ghobs95 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:53 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

I appreciate the feedback and I did make a mistake in the post above. They want to teach oral and anal sex to 5th or 6th graders. I was pretty taken aback by this whole topic, and like Catatac stated, I am not old fashioned. Could you have benefited from knowing about anal and oral sex in the 5th and 6th grade? That is what grade kids are in when they are 11. I don't recall any discussion about middle school. And those 5th and 6th graders education would include "Kids as young as 11 would get lectures on “vaginal, oral, and anal sex”; study “queer, two-spirit, asexual, pansexual” and other gender identities; and receive explicit instruction on the use of external and internal condoms, dental dams and other contraceptives." Your kid must be pretty advanced in the ways of the world if you are teaching them these things in the 5th and 6th grade.

As for gender identity with Kindergartners, has there been a huge problem that I am not aware of with gender confused Kindergartners? Not an issue, but hey, we need to be socially proactive and kids should be aware that they can be a girl or boy no matter how they were born. Don't you think that is extremely confusing for a 5 year old?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:01 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:00 am
Cataholic wrote:
If this approach to legislation was really about gender equality in athletics it would focus on equal resources for female sports (coaches’ pay, operational budget, etc.) not an occurrence that happened once in a decade... But sure keep pretending that transgender issues are a noteworthy problem in female athletics equality. :roll:
Cataholic wrote:
I would argue that professionals who work with victims of child abuse would vehemently disagree with this being adequate education to help protect our youth against abuse.
Let's get you on record here. You are against Noem's action? Simple yes or no will suffice.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:03 pm

I know some Democrats that believed Biden would be a moderate. Some posters on here shared that opinion. What is happening right now is not moderate. Here is another example. From no other than the self described socialist Bernie Sanders and White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki, they describe the Covid bill as of the most progressive legislation works in history. What are the chances of moderate Joe vetoing this bill? I am pretty sure it is zero chance.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/09/poli ... index.html

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:03 pm
I know some Democrats that believed Biden would be a moderate. Some posters on here shared that opinion. What is happening right now is not moderate. Here is another example. From no other than the self described socialist Bernie Sanders and White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki, they describe the Covid bill as of the most progressive legislation works in history. What are the chances of moderate Joe vetoing this bill? I am pretty sure it is zero chance.

It’s actually pretty refreshing to be able to talk policy again.

I think this Bill is the Democrats making a statement about what the party represents, and I don’t think it’s an accident that it has the same price tag as the tax cut for corporations and millionaires passed a few years ago by the R’s. This Bill, though, is focused on working class and lower income Americans.

I’m with @TomCat in that I think both sides are too extreme and we need a third party.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:27 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:36 pm
Cataholic wrote:

I think this Bill is the Democrats making a statement about what the party represents, and I don’t think it’s an accident that it has the same price tag as the tax cut for corporations and millionaires passed a few years ago by the R’s. This Bill, though, is focused on working class and lower income Americans.

I’m with @TomCat in that I think both sides are too extreme and we need a third party.
I might be wrong, but weren’t you one of the people that felt Biden was a moderate? Has he done anything so far to make you think he might be a moderate?

And while it would be nice to just talk about policy, that is not happening any time soon. Every other post by certain posters here are still about Trump... and the media is slowly starting to question the absence of Biden being front and center to answer questions. I saw something that he has still not had a press conference and it is the longest by any president for something like a 100+ years. Gas is creeping over $3.00 per gallon and there is a real crisis at the border dealing with immigrants. If the Chauvin trial does not yield a guilty verdict, there will be riots across the country. And our national debt is ballooning at a pace that will lead to bigger issues down the road.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:39 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:27 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:36 pm
Cataholic wrote:

I might be wrong, but weren’t you one of the people that felt Biden was a moderate? Has he done anything so far to make you think he might be a moderate?

And while it would be nice to just talk about policy, that is not happening any time soon. Every other post by certain posters here are still about Trump... and the media is slowly starting to question the absence of Biden being front and center to answer questions. I saw something that he has still not had a press conference and it is the longest by any president for something like a 100+ years. Gas is creeping over $3.00 per gallon and there is a real crisis at the border dealing with immigrants. If the Chauvin trial does not yield a guilty verdict, there will be riots across the country. And our national debt is ballooning at a pace that will lead to bigger issues down the road.
I don’t think I commented one way or the other on that.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:39 pm

Cataholic wrote:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:31 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:39 pm
Cataholic wrote:

I have no idea how to determine if $2.7 Billion is an appropriate amount for our state. From what I could find, the Feds contributed $2.4 billion to state coffers in a normal year (2014). I expect that this $2.7 billion is in addition to the normal annual allocation. It appears to basically double federal funding for 2021. We probably have to look at the breakdown to determine if the allocation is appropriate.

https://ballotpedia.org/Montana_state_b ... d_finances

I am curious to see what the allocation will be for education. Our state has largely been able to have open schools combined with some remote learning. Areas like Chicago have few public schools open and lots of funding was being discussed for those situations. Curious how they are treating people that have been able to adjust versus people not willing to open.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 pm

MSU didn’t become a passing team just because it had 280 yards passing and three TDs/35 carries for 114 by RBs in a playoff against UAlbany. Most moderate dems have a progressive streak, just like moderate reps have a conservative streak. Biden will eventually do some conservative things. It’ll all come out in the wash.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:34 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 pm
MSU didn’t become a passing team just because it had 280 yards passing and three TDs/35 carries for 114 by RBs in a playoff against UAlbany. Most moderate dems have a progressive streak, just like moderate reps have a conservative streak. Biden will eventually do some conservative things. It’ll all come out in the wash.
I understand the analogy, but I don’t agree with the reasoning. What had Biden done to make you think he is a moderate?