I have to thank the left for saving us.

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:36 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:56 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:53 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:59 am
I guess I’d classify the the right as more of a boycott culture. NFL, NBA, NASCAR, Nike, partners who called out the NRA, Keurig, Starbucks, the list is extensive.
Sorry but I am confused by your post. Are you saying that the NFL, NBA, etc are part of the right?
No- the right has called on boycotts of these organizations. A good example is when Pence went to a Colts game and left immediately when players kneeled during the National Anthem. It was a very obvious political stunt.
That is not what Celtic Cat said, but I will play your game. Pence did not agree with them kneeling so he left. Did Pence demand America boycott the NFL? And did you realize that a huge portion of the Democratic Party does not support kneeling during the national anthem? Do you?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:08 pm

That is what I said - people on the right boycott businesses based on that business’s politics or their stance on BLM, social justice, etc.

Trump didn’t outright say people should boycott the NFL but he said “If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!”

I mean that’s a close to saying you should boycott without actually saying you should boycott as you can get.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:33 pm

profisme
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by profisme » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:33 pm
Being jailed for a large family gathering is extreme and IMO unwarranted. I'm most certainly not supportive of rioting or looting. Peaceful protesting is a different matter. That is a 1st amendment right.

Rep. Jordan probably shouldn't be throwing stones though. It is amazing he still has a job, especially with things having come to light from Michigan State and Penn State over the past 15 years or so. He has his own problems.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/politics ... index.html

-Elias P. Harmon-

Cataholic

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:59 pm

Here comes the deluge of programs we can’t afford. Buckle up for more taxes and runaway spending.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... veness.amp

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:59 pm
Here comes the deluge of programs we can’t afford. Buckle up for more taxes and runaway spending.

I think the thing about the Biden admin I’m most excited for is how, now all of a sudden, old white dudes will be worried about spending/debt/deficit again.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:09 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:59 pm

I think the thing about the Biden admin I’m most excited for is how, now all of a sudden, old white dudes will be worried about spending/debt/deficit again.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Republicans only care about the debt when there is a Democrat in the White House. That has been made abundantly clear the last 4 years.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 am

The only area I disagreed with Trump was his spending. I have always been for a smaller, less spendy government. So right of the top of my head that is my only area of disagreement. That is why I like the Tea Party and Freedom Caucus.

BozoneCat
Member # Retired

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:19 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 am
The only area I disagreed with Trump was his spending. I have always been for a smaller, less spendy government. So right of the top of my head that is my only area of disagreement. That is why I like the Tea Party and Freedom Caucus.
I am also in favor of vastly smaller, decreased spending government. That's a huge part of my disillusionment with the Republican Party - they are supposed to be the party of financial conservatism, and they spend money just as much as the Democrats do, just on different things. It's all too much IMO. I voted for Trump in 2016 hoping that he would run the country more like a business and cut spending, and instead he spent money like a drunken sailor just like the rest of them. Compound that with his handling of COVID and his general persona in just about every regard, and this is why he lost the election. Biden is far from a "perfect" candidate (if such a thing even exists), and I know I won't agree with many of his spending/policy positions either. I think we could easily run a very functional government that does what it needs to do (police, roads, schools, etc.) and still probably cut 50% of the money they normally spend.

GO CATS GO!!!