I have to thank the left for saving us.

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10220
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA
Contact:

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by CelticCat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:04 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:49 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
AOC is the champion of the people.... err, at least she used to be...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-va ... -trump-out
But her outfits!!! :roll:
Surprised she didn’t wear tan like that damn socialist Obama!!! :evil:
How could we forget the worst scandal in American history. Haha

Dijon Gate was much, much worse, unlike anything I think I've ever seen in this country:



In all seriousness, the biggest crime was ordering the burger medium well.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14456
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:03 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:04 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:49 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
AOC is the champion of the people.... err, at least she used to be...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-va ... -trump-out
But her outfits!!! :roll:
Surprised she didn’t wear tan like that damn socialist Obama!!! :evil:
How could we forget the worst scandal in American history. Haha

Dijon Gate was much, much worse, unlike anything I think I've ever seen in this country:



In all seriousness, the biggest crime was ordering the burger medium well.
And AOC was caught on video doing that dance from The Breakfast Club. It’s just sickening. Deplorable!


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4739
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:38 pm

I like my burger (and my beef) cooked blue...



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10367
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by wbtfg » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
AOC is the champion of the people.... err, at least she used to be...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-va ... -trump-out



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by Cataholic » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:14 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
AOC is the champion of the people.... err, at least she used to be...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-va ... -trump-out
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess maybe choosing an outfit from JC Penney might have been a little tacky for Vanity Fair. But then again, AOC still uses air travel and large gas guzzling SUV’s, all while her moral compass says they need to be eliminated.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14456
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:24 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
AOC is the champion of the people.... err, at least she used to be...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-va ... -trump-out
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess maybe choosing an outfit from JC Penney might have been a little tacky for Vanity Fair. But then again, AOC still uses air travel and large gas guzzling SUV’s, all while her moral compass says they need to be eliminated.
I agree with her, but I fly, Occasionally use air conditioning and heat, don’t drive a hybrid. I do a lot to conserve energy, but not everything works for me.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Great Falls

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by LCH » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:06 am

Speaking of willfully acting stupid, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/30/us/e ... -back.html. What a stupid tool Trump is.



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:24 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
AOC is the champion of the people.... err, at least she used to be...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-va ... -trump-out
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess maybe choosing an outfit from JC Penney might have been a little tacky for Vanity Fair. But then again, AOC still uses air travel and large gas guzzling SUV’s, all while her moral compass says they need to be eliminated.
I agree with her, but I fly, Occasionally use air conditioning and heat, don’t drive a hybrid. I do a lot to conserve energy, but not everything works for me.
I agree with you to some extent. I am also for less pollution. But I think her policies are extreme. She is critical of the beef and dairy industry because cows produce too much methane gas. Her Green New Deal is incredibly expensive and would end the US’s position as a world leader in energy.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/07/ale ... r-now.html

I don’t understand our country’s infatuation with AOC. She is 30 years old and her most significant previous work experience was as an intern for Bernie Sanders and waitress and bartender. We are more critical of how much experience our new offensive coordinator has versus how much experience a congress member needs to craft an energy policy that could alter the way our country operates.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14456
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:15 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:24 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
AOC is the champion of the people.... err, at least she used to be...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-va ... -trump-out
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess maybe choosing an outfit from JC Penney might have been a little tacky for Vanity Fair. But then again, AOC still uses air travel and large gas guzzling SUV’s, all while her moral compass says they need to be eliminated.
I agree with her, but I fly, Occasionally use air conditioning and heat, don’t drive a hybrid. I do a lot to conserve energy, but not everything works for me.
I agree with you to some extent. I am also for less pollution. But I think her policies are extreme. She is critical of the beef and dairy industry because cows produce too much methane gas. Her Green New Deal is incredibly expensive and would end the US’s position as a world leader in energy.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/07/ale ... r-now.html

I don’t understand our country’s infatuation with AOC. She is 30 years old and her most significant previous work experience was as an intern for Bernie Sanders and waitress and bartender. We are more critical of how much experience our new offensive coordinator has versus how much experience a congress member needs to craft an energy policy that could alter the way our country operates.
The Green New Deal isn’t expensive and is very conservative. It’s cheap in my opinion and is the kind of idea I’m more accustomed to see coming from the right. The jobs it creates pays for it. Not to mention all the benefits. Reminds me of the Americans with Disabilities Act, which had huge support from the construction and auto industry to name a couple. Signed by George HW Bush. Once the oil industry is ready, which is soon, Republicans will be falling all over themselves to get behind this. I know a big time executive with BP who has done a 180 on green energy in the past three years. He’s a huge Republican and supports AOC.

Have you seen her speak in the House. She’s very easy to relate to and is very good at breaking things down into easily understandable terms. Smart, young and articulate. There are senators that have a hard time forming complete sentences.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by Cataholic » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:32 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:15 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:24 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
AOC is the champion of the people.... err, at least she used to be...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-va ... -trump-out
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess maybe choosing an outfit from JC Penney might have been a little tacky for Vanity Fair. But then again, AOC still uses air travel and large gas guzzling SUV’s, all while her moral compass says they need to be eliminated.
I agree with her, but I fly, Occasionally use air conditioning and heat, don’t drive a hybrid. I do a lot to conserve energy, but not everything works for me.
I agree with you to some extent. I am also for less pollution. But I think her policies are extreme. She is critical of the beef and dairy industry because cows produce too much methane gas. Her Green New Deal is incredibly expensive and would end the US’s position as a world leader in energy.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/07/ale ... r-now.html

I don’t understand our country’s infatuation with AOC. She is 30 years old and her most significant previous work experience was as an intern for Bernie Sanders and waitress and bartender. We are more critical of how much experience our new offensive coordinator has versus how much experience a congress member needs to craft an energy policy that could alter the way our country operates.
The Green New Deal isn’t expensive and is very conservative. It’s cheap in my opinion and is the kind of idea I’m more accustomed to see coming from the right. The jobs it creates pays for it. Not to mention all the benefits. Reminds me of the Americans with Disabilities Act, which had huge support from the construction and auto industry to name a couple. Signed by George HW Bush. Once the oil industry is ready, which is soon, Republicans will be falling all over themselves to get behind this. I know a big time executive with BP who has done a 180 on green energy in the past three years. He’s a huge Republican and supports AOC.

Have you seen her speak in the House. She’s very easy to relate to and is very good at breaking things down into easily understandable terms. Smart, young and articulate. There are senators that have a hard time forming complete sentences.
I am afraid that we won’t agree on the GND, especially on cost and how progressive it is. I believe the cost and ramifications would permanently hurt our country. The US GDP is currently about $20 trillion. The Green New Deal is expected to cost $90 trillion. It would eliminate the petroleum industries in the US which is one of the largest and most significant drivers of our economy. The cost would boil down to about $600,000 per household in the US. Additionally, if you remove the US from the petroleum industry, foreign countries like Russia and bad actors in the Middle East we benefit economically from the US exit. Those foreign countries would grow in wealth and power which is very scary.

I am all for renewable energy and you are correct that energy companies are looking at it as a revenue opportunity. It is a growing sector and justifies new investment. That is similar to GM and Ford investing in electric vehicles. However, don't expect those companies to quit making gas vehicles anytime soon. It is way too lucrative with way too much demand.

My feelings are way different on AOC. I think she is dangerous and one of the most far left people in Washington. She also regularly changes the directive to suit her needs. For example, she recently called out Trump for referring to her as AOC. She said it was disrespectful to not use her title or full name when referring to her. Yet it is commonplace for other members in Washington to call her AOC, even members of their own staff. She regularly refers to the president as just Trump, not President - and many times in worse verbiage than Trump.

If you are a Bernie supporter, I can understand the interest with the AOC message, but I would watch her message carefully. If she is that charismatic, that can easily be confused with intelligence.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4739
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by RickRund » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:08 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:15 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:24 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
AOC is the champion of the people.... err, at least she used to be...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-va ... -trump-out
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess maybe choosing an outfit from JC Penney might have been a little tacky for Vanity Fair. But then again, AOC still uses air travel and large gas guzzling SUV’s, all while her moral compass says they need to be eliminated.
I agree with her, but I fly, Occasionally use air conditioning and heat, don’t drive a hybrid. I do a lot to conserve energy, but not everything works for me.
I agree with you to some extent. I am also for less pollution. But I think her policies are extreme. She is critical of the beef and dairy industry because cows produce too much methane gas. Her Green New Deal is incredibly expensive and would end the US’s position as a world leader in energy.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/07/ale ... r-now.html

I don’t understand our country’s infatuation with AOC. She is 30 years old and her most significant previous work experience was as an intern for Bernie Sanders and waitress and bartender. We are more critical of how much experience our new offensive coordinator has versus how much experience a congress member needs to craft an energy policy that could alter the way our country operates.
The Green New Deal isn’t expensive and is very conservative. It’s cheap in my opinion and is the kind of idea I’m more accustomed to see coming from the right. The jobs it creates pays for it. Not to mention all the benefits. Reminds me of the Americans with Disabilities Act, which had huge support from the construction and auto industry to name a couple. Signed by George HW Bush. Once the oil industry is ready, which is soon, Republicans will be falling all over themselves to get behind this. I know a big time executive with BP who has done a 180 on green energy in the past three years. He’s a huge Republican and supports AOC.

Have you seen her speak in the House. She’s very easy to relate to and is very good at breaking things down into easily understandable terms. Smart, young and articulate. There are senators that have a hard time forming complete sentences.
I am afraid that we won’t agree on the GND, especially on cost and how progressive it is. I believe the cost and ramifications would permanently hurt our country. The US GDP is currently about $20 trillion. The Green New Deal is expected to cost $90 trillion. It would eliminate the petroleum industries in the US which is one of the largest and most significant drivers of our economy. The cost would boil down to about $600,000 per household in the US. Additionally, if you remove the US from the petroleum industry, foreign countries like Russia and bad actors in the Middle East we benefit economically from the US exit. Those foreign countries would grow in wealth and power which is very scary.

I am all for renewable energy and you are correct that energy companies are looking at it as a revenue opportunity. It is a growing sector and justifies new investment. That is similar to GM and Ford investing in electric vehicles. However, don't expect those companies to quit making gas vehicles anytime soon. It is way too lucrative with way too much demand.

My feelings are way different on AOC. I think she is dangerous and one of the most far left people in Washington. She also regularly changes the directive to suit her needs. For example, she recently called out Trump for referring to her as AOC. She said it was disrespectful to not use her title or full name when referring to her. Yet it is commonplace for other members in Washington to call her AOC, even members of their own staff. She regularly refers to the president as just Trump, not President - and many times in worse verbiage than Trump.

If you are a Bernie supporter, I can understand the interest with the AOC message, but I would watch her message carefully. If she is that charismatic, that can easily be confused with intelligence.
Poor aoc. Feels so disrespected. I remember the same tripe when babs boxer dressed down a high ranked Military Officer when he called her ma'am. Please don't call me ma'am. I am a senator.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2009 ... for-boxer/



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:35 pm

This really is crazy.




User avatar
The Butcher
Member # Retired
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by The Butcher » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:35 pm
This really is crazy.

No kidding. Levin is a nut job for sure!



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10220
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA
Contact:

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by CelticCat » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:35 pm
This really is crazy.

I'll certainly admit to not being that well versed in this matter, but this pertains to "faithless electors", is that correct? Has a faithless elector's vote ever been counted against the popular vote in the state they are in?

This seems like a dangerous call to action to me...


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:36 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:16 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:35 pm
This really is crazy.

I'll certainly admit to not being that well versed in this matter, but this pertains to "faithless electors", is that correct? Has a faithless elector's vote ever been counted against the popular vote in the state they are in?

This seems like a dangerous call to action to me...
Levin is an attorney versed in constitutional law. He has wrote books on the topic. I won’t say if he is right or wrong, but the ISSUE IS THAT TWITTER BANNED HIM FOR CITING THE CONSTITUTION! As Kalyleigh McEnany said, Ayotollah Khomeni can spout hatred and not get banned. Don’t you guys have a problem with that?



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10220
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA
Contact:

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by CelticCat » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:52 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:36 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:16 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:35 pm
This really is crazy.

I'll certainly admit to not being that well versed in this matter, but this pertains to "faithless electors", is that correct? Has a faithless elector's vote ever been counted against the popular vote in the state they are in?

This seems like a dangerous call to action to me...
Levin is an attorney versed in constitutional law. He has wrote books on the topic. I won’t say if he is right or wrong, but the ISSUE IS THAT TWITTER BANNED HIM FOR CITING THE CONSTITUTION! As Kalyleigh McEnany said, Ayotollah Khomeni can spout hatred and not get banned. Don’t you guys have a problem with that?
I think he would have been fine without the call to action at the end.

“You may not use Twitter’s services for the purpose of manipulating or interfering in elections or other civic processes.”

It’s very broad and yes it’s in the constitution, but he told them to “do their duty”.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:41 pm

How in the world can anybody think this is a good idea? Legalizing certain amounts of cocaine, heroine and meth?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/oregon ... asure-109/



Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:49 pm

This seems like another bad move by the left to me. I am open to hearing different opinions.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/san-diego-sc ... tem-racism
According to the data, Black students accounted for about 20% of all D or F grades during the first semester of last year, while Native American and Hispanic students each accounted for 23%. By comparison, white students made up 7% of all D or F grades during that same period.

Under the district’s new system, non-academic factors like late work and classroom behavior will not be counted toward their overall academic grade.
Instead of actually working to correct the issues of late work and behavior, they are telling students that you won’t be penalized for those transgressions... isn’t that a form of accepting that behavior? Shouldn’t the district be doing more to change that behavior?



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5857
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:03 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:41 pm
How in the world can anybody think this is a good idea? Legalizing certain amounts of cocaine, heroine and meth?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/oregon ... asure-109/
Decriminalizing isn't the same thing as legalizing. It isn't certain amounts it's small amounts. They're still arrested, it still goes on their record, but they avoid going to trial and jail, which is *probably* good. Time will tell. We spend (probably waste) a lot of money keeping drug users in jail and putting on trials for them. I think the $100 fine is too low, but would rather see them to go to drug rehab than trial and jail. Much more productive way of fixing the problem than putting them in jail, which is just a school for criminals to become even worse criminals.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5857
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:07 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:49 pm
This seems like another bad move by the left to me. I am open to hearing different opinions.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/san-diego-sc ... tem-racism
According to the data, Black students accounted for about 20% of all D or F grades during the first semester of last year, while Native American and Hispanic students each accounted for 23%. By comparison, white students made up 7% of all D or F grades during that same period.

Under the district’s new system, non-academic factors like late work and classroom behavior will not be counted toward their overall academic grade.
Instead of actually working to correct the issues of late work and behavior, they are telling students that you won’t be penalized for those transgressions... isn’t that a form of accepting that behavior? Shouldn’t the district be doing more to change that behavior?
It doesn't say anything in the story, but highly doubt that disruptive behavior and late work aren't penalized in some other way. They just aren't having it effect the grade. I'm sure detention is still an option. A lot of schools have a resource period at the end of the day that is optional, but can be forced upon a student who is falling behind or breaking rules.



Post Reply