I have to thank the left for saving us.

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

PortlandCat90
New Recruit

Re: I have to thank the left for saving us.

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:04 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:43 pm
I find it interesting that we should cast our POTUS vote based upon what a self-professed pundit publishes in his/her Twitter account.

The driving factor is net pay – it’s not what you make, it’s what you keep. Let’s assume that Biden’s plan will not increase individual rates for the 91.5%. It also calls for:
• 33% increase in corporate tax rates
• 15% corporate minimum tax
• 100% increase in GILTI

This, combined with the proposed higher individual tax rates, causes “tax incidence consequences” whereby an individual’s net indirect effective taxes are higher, thus causing their net-take-home-and-keep to be less. Tax-wise, corporations are nothing more than a group of individuals and an entity for which to distribute the tax burden.

Middle-income households would see slightly higher rates due to indirect effects of higher corporate taxes. For example, the middle 20% of earners, who now pay an indirect effective tax rate of 16.9%, would owe 17.3% under Biden.

Also look at the composition of “the Rich”, for which everybody gets up in arms and screams that “the Rich” should pay more taxes since they are “the Elite”: as much as 94% of all businesses in the U.S. are in the form of pass-throughs and account for as much as 58% of all business income. Increasing the individual tax on “the Rich” thus means the 94% may also pay a higher corporate income tax rate…lowering net cash available…lowering investment…lowering labor demand…stifling worker wages…far hurting those in lower brackets than any other.

So, while the 91.5% Tweet may be true, open eyes and minds must evaluate the entire Plan in its entirety to get the full cash effect on the individual taxpayer. “Cash is King” as I heard once long ago.

The interconnection between taxes, the economy, and keep-home pay can’t be underestimated and shouldn’t be crowed about in a single Tweet without understanding the full and underlying consequences.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:14 am

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:04 am
iaafan wrote:
I find it interesting that we should cast our POTUS vote based upon what a self-professed pundit publishes in his/her Twitter account.

The driving factor is net pay – it’s not what you make, it’s what you keep. Let’s assume that Biden’s plan will not increase individual rates for the 91.5%. It also calls for:
• 100% increase in GILTI

This, combined with the proposed higher individual tax rates, causes “tax incidence consequences” whereby an individual’s net indirect effective taxes are higher, thus causing their net-take-home-and-keep to be less. Tax-wise, corporations are nothing more than a group of individuals and an entity for which to distribute the tax burden.

Middle-income households would see slightly higher rates due to indirect effects of higher corporate taxes. For example, the middle 20% of earners, who now pay an indirect effective tax rate of 16.9%, would owe 17.3% under Biden.

Also look at the composition of “the Rich”, for which everybody gets up in arms and screams that “the Rich” should pay more taxes since they are “the Elite”: as much as 94% of all businesses in the U.S. are in the form of pass-throughs and account for as much as 58% of all business income. Increasing the individual tax on “the Rich” thus means the 94% may also pay a higher corporate income tax rate…lowering net cash available…lowering investment…lowering labor demand…stifling worker wages…far hurting those in lower brackets than any other.

So, while the 91.5% Tweet may be true, open eyes and minds must evaluate the entire Plan in its entirety to get the full cash effect on the individual taxpayer. “Cash is King” as I heard once long ago.

The interconnection between taxes, the economy, and keep-home pay can’t be underestimated and shouldn’t be crowed about in a single Tweet without understanding the full and underlying consequences.
Wow. That's a quality post right there. Appreciate the info.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:14 am
PortlandCat90 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

• 100% increase in GILTI

Wow. That's a quality post right there. Appreciate the info.
Yeah, I didn't scrutinize that tweet very well. I also don't think that 8.5% make over $400,000/year.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 am

PortlandCat90 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

• 100% increase in GILTI

Great post! You should post more often!

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:24 pm

This is troubling. Who in their right mind would allow the release of MS13 gang members being held on murder charges?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/baltimore-murder-sanctuary
Two undocumented immigrants suspected in the gang slaying of a 16-year-old girl in Baltimore were released because of sanctuary city policies, despite requests from federal immigration officials, officials said Tuesday.

“In this case, two of the suspects arrested had previously been encountered by ICE, but due to state and local policies that put politics above public safety, they were released to the street,” said Acting Baltimore Field Office Director Francisco Madrigal. “This is the worst-case scenario when detainers are not honored.”

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:44 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:24 pm
This is troubling. Who in their right mind would allow the release of MS13 gang members being held on murder charges?

Two undocumented immigrants suspected in the gang slaying of a 16-year-old girl in Baltimore were released because of sanctuary city policies, despite requests from federal immigration officials, officials said Tuesday.

“In this case, two of the suspects arrested had previously been encountered by ICE, but due to state and local policies that put politics above public safety, they were released to the street,” said Acting Baltimore Field Office Director Francisco Madrigal. “This is the worst-case scenario when detainers are not honored.”
This should be significantly more troubling!
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/15/poli ... index.html

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:43 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:44 pm
Cataholic wrote:

This should be significantly more troubling!
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/15/poli ... index.html
The article raises some serious questions. I hope that they get to the truth.

It is strange though that you deflected instead of commenting on the Baltimore situation.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:37 am

Cataholic wrote:

Troubling is an understatement. How did law enforcement get so lousy in this country?

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:11 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:37 am
Cataholic wrote:

Troubling is an understatement. How did law enforcement get so lousy in this country?
I think law enforcement did their job by arresting these individuals. Seems like prosecution is the problem by releasing these people.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:30 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:37 am
Cataholic wrote:

Yes, law enforcement as ICE points out in its own article about the Baltimore case, does things that negatively impacts public safety. Lousy, is one way to put it.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-l ... ties-ms-13
Under federal law, ICE has the authority to lodge immigration detainers with law enforcement partners who have custody of individuals arrested on criminal charges and who ICE has probable cause to believe are removable aliens. The detainer form asks the other law enforcement agency to notify ICE in advance of release and to maintain custody of the alien for a brief period of time so that ICE can take custody of that person in a safe and secure setting upon release from that agency’s custody.
When law enforcement agencies fail to honor immigration detainers and release a criminal alien onto the streets, it negatively impacts public safety.

PortlandCat90
New Recruit

Post by PortlandCat90 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:10 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 am
PortlandCat90 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

• 100% increase in GILTI

Thanks for that. However, I am retiring my posting pencil and as I return to lurking in the shadows on the Football board. I had not ventured down into the political board prior to last week and found some time to do so...with regrets. I am still amazed that people will swallow hard on some of the garbage that is posted and I felt the need (now asking myself why....hahahaha...) to give the facts on a couple of wayward posts, but why waste time chasing that around. It's easy to simply cut-n-paste some bonehead opinion without really knowing the facts, so time for me to move back behind the fence and peek from afar.

To see how far divided we are as a nation is acceptable in my eyes....however, the divisive and irresponsible actions (yes - riots, screaming at police, attacking diners, etc.) is really mind-blowing. With all of this rioting and drama, nobody has come up with a Plan. I understand the opinions of injustice, race, etc. but we need a Leader to step up and said "Stop - here is the Plan". Even with that, I doubt if "the other side" would even stop to listen and consider. I split my time between North Austin and South Portland areas on biz, and it's amazing to see very similar cities have different solutions for the same problems. We have a Leadership deficit in the U.S. that is hurting us badly. Look at our 2 current options for POTUS.

Good note - for those of us alumni that use Bobcat Nation as one main way to stay updated - thank you to the moderators and operators of this site. Much appreciated to see updates, stories, insider information, insight, etc.! Great job by those involved, including many posters. Go Cats!

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:26 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:10 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 am
PortlandCat90 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

• 100% increase in GILTI

Thanks for that. However, I am retiring my posting pencil and as I return to lurking in the shadows on the Football board. I had not ventured down into the political board prior to last week and found some time to do so...with regrets. I am still amazed that people will swallow hard on some of the garbage that is posted and I felt the need (now asking myself why....hahahaha...) to give the facts on a couple of wayward posts, but why waste time chasing that around. It's easy to simply cut-n-paste some bonehead opinion without really knowing the facts, so time for me to move back behind the fence and peek from afar.

To see how far divided we are as a nation is acceptable in my eyes....however, the divisive and irresponsible actions (yes - riots, screaming at police, attacking diners, etc.) is really mind-blowing. With all of this rioting and drama, nobody has come up with a Plan. I understand the opinions of injustice, race, etc. but we need a Leader to step up and said "Stop - here is the Plan". Even with that, I doubt if "the other side" would even stop to listen and consider. I split my time between North Austin and South Portland areas on biz, and it's amazing to see very similar cities have different solutions for the same problems. We have a Leadership deficit in the U.S. that is hurting us badly. Look at our 2 current options for POTUS.

Good note - for those of us alumni that use Bobcat Nation as one main way to stay updated - thank you to the moderators and operators of this site. Much appreciated to see updates, stories, insider information, insight, etc.! Great job by those involved, including many posters. Go Cats!
Another real good post! You are spot on regarding leadership in government. Unfortunately, they are not getting these leadership jobs based on qualifications. It is a popularity contest defined by politics. If president was a position where the most qualified person was hired, does anybody believe that Trump or Biden would be the top two candidates?

I just saw a video where Dave Ramsey was being asked to run for president. To paraphrase, he said “why in the world would I want that job? You would have more responsibility, endless critics and a less pay!“. That same rationale applies to local and state positions of leadership as well.