Seattle?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3407
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Seattle?

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am

Autonomous Zone set up. Interesting dialogue between police/city and the CHAZ (Capital Hill Autonomous Zone) people.

Some residents are reporting they need to show ID to prove they live there and several businesses are reporting they are being told to pay a fee to do business in the CHAZ.

What a weird time we live in.


….Just an aside, what is going to happen when COVID cases climb astronomically? Do we have to reshut everything down because of the actions of a few?


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Seattle?

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am


….Just an aside, what is going to happen when COVID cases climb astronomically? Do we have to reshut everything down because of the actions of a few?
You're trying to make my head explode aren't you...? :wink:



User avatar
technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3230
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Seattle?

Post by technoCat » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am
Autonomous Zone set up. Interesting dialogue between police/city and the CHAZ (Capital Hill Autonomous Zone) people.

Some residents are reporting they need to show ID to prove they live there and several businesses are reporting they are being told to pay a fee to do business in the CHAZ.

What a weird time we live in.


….Just an aside, what is going to happen when COVID cases climb astronomically? Do we have to reshut everything down because of the actions of a few?
So basically the mob has moved in and started extorting people for "protection". I wonder what grand works that money will go to...

EDIT: And how long can a business really survive on commerce with people from a few blocks? Do they think that people from outside the zone would be willing to come in even if they were allowed?...


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3407
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Seattle?

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:07 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am


….Just an aside, what is going to happen when COVID cases climb astronomically? Do we have to reshut everything down because of the actions of a few?
You're trying to make my head explode aren't you...? :wink:
I'd be lying if I didn't think of you when I posted that lol. :twisted:


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Seattle?

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:24 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:07 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am


….Just an aside, what is going to happen when COVID cases climb astronomically? Do we have to reshut everything down because of the actions of a few?
You're trying to make my head explode aren't you...? :wink:
I'd be lying if I didn't think of you when I posted that lol. :twisted:
I know! :lol:

I'm going to bow out of this one.... :wink:



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Seattle?

Post by RickRund » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:34 pm

technoCat wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am
Autonomous Zone set up. Interesting dialogue between police/city and the CHAZ (Capital Hill Autonomous Zone) people.

Some residents are reporting they need to show ID to prove they live there and several businesses are reporting they are being told to pay a fee to do business in the CHAZ.

What a weird time we live in.


….Just an aside, what is going to happen when COVID cases climb astronomically? Do we have to reshut everything down because of the actions of a few?
So basically the mob has moved in and started extorting people for "protection". I wonder what grand works that money will go to...

EDIT: And how long can a business really survive on commerce with people from a few blocks? Do they think that people from outside the zone would be willing to come in even if they were allowed?...
Also they are asking for (code for demanding) materials to make chemical weapons...



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Seattle?

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:28 pm

What kind of city would allow this go on? A band of thugs just decides to lay claim to 6 city blocks with businesses, residential apartments, etc, and basically hold them hostage?? And the city and state leaders are allowing this to happen. It just makes you shake your head.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Seattle?

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:41 pm

I just talked to a friend of mind who lives in that area. In her words things are “peaceful, healing and people centered”

If interested in more information, she recommended following #seattleprotest on Twitter.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Seattle?

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:34 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:41 pm
I just talked to a friend of mind who lives in that area. In her words things are “peaceful, healing and people centered”

If interested in more information, she recommended following #seattleprotest on Twitter.
You kidding me? You're gonna justify this because it's peaceful so far??
Anyone who thinks this behavior is reasonable and just something we need to accept in our country is off their rocker.

I'll bet if this was some far right group who did this, you wouldn't be so accepting of it. You're only OK with it because it's a bunch of left wingers.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Seattle?

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:14 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:34 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:41 pm
I just talked to a friend of mind who lives in that area. In her words things are “peaceful, healing and people centered”

If interested in more information, she recommended following #seattleprotest on Twitter.
You kidding me? You're gonna justify this because it's peaceful so far??
Anyone who thinks this behavior is reasonable and just something we need to accept in our country is off their rocker.

I'll bet if this was some far right group who did this, you wouldn't be so accepting of it. You're only OK with it because it's a bunch of left wingers.
I didn’t make any judgement one way or the other. Just relaying the words of a friend of mine who lives on cap hill.

Easy there, big fella.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2531
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Seattle?

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:07 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:34 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:41 pm
I just talked to a friend of mind who lives in that area. In her words things are “peaceful, healing and people centered”

If interested in more information, she recommended following #seattleprotest on Twitter.
You kidding me? You're gonna justify this because it's peaceful so far??
Anyone who thinks this behavior is reasonable and just something we need to accept in our country is off their rocker.

I'll bet if this was some far right group who did this, you wouldn't be so accepting of it. You're only OK with it because it's a bunch of left wingers.
If I was a business owner or tenant affected in that area, I would group all the other affected people and sue the city, the mayor and the governor. They pay taxes and should get a certain level of protection. The authorities have let these business owners and tenants down.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7077
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Seattle?

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:15 am

I see antifa rioters in Portland are now doing the same thing. This is going too far, but why not do it when the city leaders are too chicken **** to defend their own citizens.

As an aside, its funny how the left wingers are suddenly OK with fencing to define and protect their borders, isn't it?? Why is that, do ya think??
(hint: because its never about whether a policy is smart or not, its about who thought of the policy and which party they belong to)


And to add to the hypocrisy, I see antifa guards holding assault rifles at the entry points into their new little country. You can't make this stuff up!


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Seattle?

Post by RickRund » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:02 am

The seattle major calls them patriots. When asked how long the takeover may last she says they could have a summer of love.

A sign entering the chaz area, "you are now leaving the USA".



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Seattle?

Post by iaafan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:54 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am
Autonomous Zone set up. Interesting dialogue between police/city and the CHAZ (Capital Hill Autonomous Zone) people.

Some residents are reporting they need to show ID to prove they live there and several businesses are reporting they are being told to pay a fee to do business in the CHAZ.

What a weird time we live in.


….Just an aside, what is going to happen when COVID cases climb astronomically? Do we have to reshut everything down because of the actions of a few?
So far these stories of showing ID and paying fees are anecdotal. Could be checking ID to monitor possible instigators, which would be a very wise move, but apparently illegal to demand. I guess you can ask though. I'll hold judgment until I see something verified.
“We wanted to be able to facilitate and support peaceful demonstrations,” said Assistant Chief Deanna Nollette.

She said the department heard reports of individuals checking for people’s ID at barricades that people set up.

“No one at these checkpoints has the legal authority to demand identification from anyone. We ask if anyone is subjected to these demands to call 911 and report the incident,” Nollette said.

“We’ve heard, anecdotally, reports of citizens and businesses being asked to pay a fee to operate within this area. This is the crime of extortion. If anyone has been subjected to this, we need them to call 911,” Nollette added.
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/protes ... OJIFBKEYM/



User avatar
technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3230
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Seattle?

Post by technoCat » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:46 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:54 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am
Autonomous Zone set up. Interesting dialogue between police/city and the CHAZ (Capital Hill Autonomous Zone) people.

Some residents are reporting they need to show ID to prove they live there and several businesses are reporting they are being told to pay a fee to do business in the CHAZ.

What a weird time we live in.


….Just an aside, what is going to happen when COVID cases climb astronomically? Do we have to reshut everything down because of the actions of a few?
So far these stories of showing ID and paying fees are anecdotal. Could be checking ID to monitor possible instigators, which would be a very wise move, but apparently illegal to demand. I guess you can ask though. I'll hold judgment until I see something verified.
“We wanted to be able to facilitate and support peaceful demonstrations,” said Assistant Chief Deanna Nollette.

She said the department heard reports of individuals checking for people’s ID at barricades that people set up.

“No one at these checkpoints has the legal authority to demand identification from anyone. We ask if anyone is subjected to these demands to call 911 and report the incident,” Nollette said.

“We’ve heard, anecdotally, reports of citizens and businesses being asked to pay a fee to operate within this area. This is the crime of extortion. If anyone has been subjected to this, we need them to call 911,” Nollette added.
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/protes ... OJIFBKEYM/
How are we going to know when they aren't letting local news in to interview anyone?


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3407
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Seattle?

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:47 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:54 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 am
Autonomous Zone set up. Interesting dialogue between police/city and the CHAZ (Capital Hill Autonomous Zone) people.

Some residents are reporting they need to show ID to prove they live there and several businesses are reporting they are being told to pay a fee to do business in the CHAZ.

What a weird time we live in.


….Just an aside, what is going to happen when COVID cases climb astronomically? Do we have to reshut everything down because of the actions of a few?
So far these stories of showing ID and paying fees are anecdotal. Could be checking ID to monitor possible instigators, which would be a very wise move, but apparently illegal to demand. I guess you can ask though. I'll hold judgment until I see something verified.
“We wanted to be able to facilitate and support peaceful demonstrations,” said Assistant Chief Deanna Nollette.

She said the department heard reports of individuals checking for people’s ID at barricades that people set up.

“No one at these checkpoints has the legal authority to demand identification from anyone. We ask if anyone is subjected to these demands to call 911 and report the incident,” Nollette said.

“We’ve heard, anecdotally, reports of citizens and businesses being asked to pay a fee to operate within this area. This is the crime of extortion. If anyone has been subjected to this, we need them to call 911,” Nollette added.
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/protes ... OJIFBKEYM/
I mean.....that's exactly what I said? I appreciate you posting the link though.


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3407
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: Seattle?

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:49 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:41 pm
I just talked to a friend of mind who lives in that area. In her words things are “peaceful, healing and people centered”

If interested in more information, she recommended following #seattleprotest on Twitter.
My buddy lives in Seattle and owns a business there, he said roughly the same thing. Said it was pretty crazy early on but overall now you don't see or hear of any violence. That's definitely a positive.

This reminds me a little bit of the Freemen in Jordan. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I sincerely hope they aren't trying to stop people from crossing their CHAZ line, that could quickly become a very volatile situation.


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Seattle?

Post by wbtfg » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:48 am

“Fox News published digitally altered and misleading photos on stories about Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in what photojournalism experts called a clear violation of ethical standards for news organizations.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... mous-zone/



hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:18 am

Re: Seattle?

Post by hokeyfine » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:55 am

According to the Seattle times, there has been no evidence of extortion, ID requirements, etc. Even the police are saying this. Meanwhile in Missoula, the nutty right wing militia groups have started to detain innocent people. One way to stop that is to hit them in the pocketbook.
https://missoulian.com/news/local/teen- ... -top-story



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Seattle?

Post by RickRund » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:43 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:48 am
“Fox News published digitally altered and misleading photos on stories about Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in what photojournalism experts called a clear violation of ethical standards for news organizations.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... mous-zone/
NOT a good practice... There should be people looking for new employment.

Wondering when those same photojournalists will as quickly going after members of the msm for many other fake photos we have seen?



Post Reply